• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
but on a serious note, I will be updating the OP in a few hours so if you like my dumb shitpost save it now

if anybody has any requests for the OP, such as sections, desired upkeep, etc just @ me

If the next one up is indeed an Indie Showcase, I am not sure what to expect.

Silksong is too big for it. We got an Outer Wilds update a couple of weeks ago. No Man's Sky is already dated.

Maybe a Tunic port? Maybe more details about Oxenfree 2? An update on Sea of Stars or Loco Motive? Guess I will go in expecting to be pleasantly surprised!

Silksong is too big for it. We got an Outer Wilds update a couple of weeks ago. No Man's Sky is already dated.

Maybe a Tunic port? Maybe more details about Oxenfree 2? An update on Sea of Stars or Loco Motive? Guess I will go in expecting to be pleasantly surprised!
generally they don't give updates on previously covered games via indie worlds but if there was ever a time to do so this is it

moreso because it's a deranged switch pro manifesto

...maybe I hope he doesn't actually. idk this is how I express guilt I guess
Mostly I just hope that any criticism I or anyone else here may have had towards anything he was connected to is taken as good-faith discussion with a hint of shitpostyness and not the angry internet screeching he's probably used to seeing on twitter and such.

We shit-talk because we care. LOL

oh god now I feel like I need to inform kit ellis about the shitpost abyss

but on a serious note, I will be updating the OP in a few hours so if you like my dumb shitpost save it now

if anybody has any requests for the OP, such as sections, desired upkeep, etc just @ me
Throw the old OP behind a spoiler tag instead of just deleting it to preserve the history.

I honestly don’t know what I’d want from a new direct. Persona announcements were my Thanos at the end of Infinity War moment. I do want a BotW2 release date but that game will be ready when it’s ready and I’m pretty patient.

I honestly don’t know what I’d want from a new direct. Persona announcements were my Thanos at the end of Infinity War moment. I do want a BotW2 release date but that game will be ready when it’s ready and I’m pretty patient.
I definitely want the Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem reveals. Those are the two I think are reasonable to expect from the next Direct.

Zelda date, maybe DK or Mario something for 2023 would be cool too!! But those I will gladly take as nice surprises I'm definitely not willing to bet on. They can be saved for a February 2023 Direct.

Edit: oh, a teaser for Metroid Prime 4 alongside the Remake reveal would be nice too!! I think that one would be probable as we got a holiday 2022 game reveal on September 2021(Bayonetta 3) and 2022 games in February (Splatoon 3 and Triangle Strategy) and E3(Zelda, rip lol), so Zelda trailer or Mario/DK or Metroid Prime 4 reveal could still happen.

Tunic seems logical, right? Comes out on PS4/5 at the end of September. Unless they’re having a hard time porting it the Switch should get it then too.

Tunic seems logical, right? Comes out on PS4/5 at the end of September. Unless they’re having a hard time porting it the Switch should get it then too.
That's what I think too. I have actually already caved in and bought it for PC, because I was just dying to play it. :p

But it's a borderline masterpiece in my book, and I hope more people get the chance to give it a shot.

Last edited:
oh that's a lovely choice i hadnt heard about her but she really could pull it off :)
She's awesome!! Euphoria was her first role as an actress and she was fantastic on it.
I still wanna see Charlize Theron as Samus, but Hunter Schafer would be my pick for Zelda.
SHE'S LITERALLY REAL LIFE ZELDA!!! I think she would be the best fir for the role on a live action something of the franchise, as I don't think they'll go with realistic Zelda games anytime soon - if ever.

I am so pleased to announce that production has begun on the greatest Switchum shitpost of all time. I’m putting tons of energy and life into it, and I look forward to sharing it with my Famiboards friends.

It may take a few months of preparation, but I eagerly await the day I can release this shitpost for you all.

No, this is not a joke. I’ll aim to have it out in time for the September Direct ;)
I have not forgotten about this. I am still hard at work on the ultimate shitpost.

I don’t know if it will be done for September unfortunately but I am still working hard. I do want to get it out next month though, to capitalize on that sweet Direct hype.

OP has been rebooted: please read
Hours later than anticipated and weeks later than needed, I have at last rewritten the OP. I intend to keep the FAQ and News sections up to date this time around, so please @ me whenever you think you have a valuable addition. If you have a worthless addition, please @ me as well.

Hours later than anticipated and weeks later than needed, I have at last rewritten the OP. I intend to keep the FAQ and News sections up to date this time around, so please @ me whenever you think you have a valuable addition. If you have a worthless addition, please @ me as well.
It’s a very entertaining OP and a fun thread. Thanks!

Best to expect nothing. For the last indie world, mini motorways shadowdropped and that's one of my favourite games this year. So that was good enough for me.

I am wondering if Ooblets will get shadowdropped.

But the majority of the titles will probably be stuff we know little / nothing about.

How's everyone doing in here?

I've been swamped at work, but I did just manage to get the real ending of Live A Live tonight. Really great game with an out-of-this-world final chapter and OST throughout the entire game. The score is shockingly gorgeous, and the game itself was such a refreshing change of pace from modern RPGs.

Now onto a modern RPG in Xenoblade 3!

How's everyone doing in here?

I've been swamped at work, but I did just manage to get the real ending of Live A Live tonight. Really great game with an out-of-this-world final chapter and OST throughout the entire game. The score is shockingly gorgeous, and the game itself was such a refreshing change of pace from modern RPGs.

Now onto a modern RPG in Xenoblade 3!
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Live A Live.

Currently I'm playing Xenoblade 3 and trying to figure out if it's possible to retire in a videogame village.

I enjoyed the new OP, especially the Q&A section @Raccoon :) Thanks for keeping the old OP too!

Excited to be rapidly approaching whatever will happen in September. With Pokemon, Splatoon, and Kirby covered, the second to last stop on this train should be Indie World.

After a few hours of not really knowing what thread I'm in and absent-mindedly clicking on notifications to navigate I finally realized what's what and went and checked out the new OP and did a hell of a chuckle.

Never change, @Raccoon.

Didn't have to chance to follow the thread, so: what's the mood now? are we expecting a September Direct or disappointment is the only thing to expect?

THQ Nordic showcase is today, we should get few announcements there. Remnant was leaked months ago, perhaps this is the place they'd reveal it.

Didn't have to chance to follow the thread, so: what's the mood now? are we expecting a September Direct or disappointment is the only thing to expect?
They usually have a show before TGS. Indie World is probably first if it happens. Getting very close now.

I can't believe Nintendo is leaving Xenoblade to die. The last game came out 2 weeks ago already, where is Xenoblade 4 Nintendo?

Sunsoft virtual Event on the 18th is something I could 100% gel with.

Sunsoft was probably my favorite publisher during the NES era, and thus has a very special place in my heart.
Hopefully they bring some of their old goodies back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom