• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Sakurai has said they implemented rollback netcode in Ultimate during development but that the "side effects were too big."

Smash is built by an independent company, and Sakurai has never been a Nintendo employee. While Nintendo drove the roster for Ultimate, by all accounts it is otherwise entirely his baby, and Nintendo knows no one else can really deliver it. The man is a Walking Video Game encyclopedia, and hand balanced almost all of Smash, as well as performance tuned the engine, and has published an extensive video series on game fundamentals that uses Smash as a basis, explaining concepts like separation of concerns in the engine.

The idea that Sakurai is indifferent to the desires of the eSports community, or there is too much technical debt in the engine to implement it is ... difficult to believe. Nintendo might not give a crap about the online state of Smash, but that's not why rollback netcode isn't in Smash. Rollback netcode isn't in Smash because Sakurai, who would rather go personally bankrupt than deliver anything less than as-close-to-perfection-as-possible couldn't make it work, simple as that
I don't see how that straight up discredits the technical issues. the side effects very well could have been those possible performance issues

I don't see how that straight up discredits the technical issues. the side effects very well could have been those possible performance issues
Sorry, yes, I was agreeing with that! My order of quoting things didn't make that clear, I was saying that Sakurai himself has said there was a technical issue, and it clearly wasn't the engine, since it was prototyped

Better cpu. More cores, more clock, etc. There's a good bit the cpu has to keep track of and the more things to keep track of, the more cpu you need

That was a very informative read; I'd encourage anyone to give it a look for more in-depth explanation if you're like me and had more general questions of the operation behind rollback.

That being said I'm still annoyed the online with Smash is so bad regardless; even if Sakurai won't spring for rollback it seems like a horrendous misstep to not have dedicated servers.

You'll also have to take into account that Smash isn't like any other fighting game out there, even on a technical level.

You have a literal character trying to recreate block creation from Minecraft. That would be a nightmare to rollback netcode.

That was a very informative read; I'd encourage anyone to give it a look for more in-depth explanation if you're like me and had more general questions of the operation behind rollback.

That being said I'm still annoyed the online with Smash is so bad regardless; even if Sakurai won't spring for rollback it seems like a horrendous misstep to not have dedicated servers.
Dedicated servers are a terrible idea for fighting games.

"Shoe-in" is way too strong of language.

Obviously there will be a lot of demand for a native port that has extremely high IQ, 60 FPS, HDR, shorter load times, and less pop-in.

Will it happen? IDK.
Well I did say either or. More so likely an enhanced patch (imo), but if they want to do more than patch, they can definitely do a port. And offer a discount for current switch owners who have it on switch who want to double dip (digital), maybe.

I feel confident to say that this game is currently running this game on Switch 2 already in some form.

And most people do think it's likely as well given Nintendo's track record of updating/patching evergreen titles Kong after release (botw, mk odyssey, etc) and as you said earlier today that people definitely want to play this game at better performance and resolution, as well as more graphical detail.

If Nintendo relaunched Smash Bros Ultimate for Switch 2 with GGPO and Fighter Pass 3 I think there would be a lot of hype. They can also minor cosmetic additions like TotK Link and Zelda. Some new stages as well. And of course 4K Docked support.
Would not surprise me if they priced it as $70, but that's with both dlc wave passes.

Last edited:
one thing about a patch to add in a Drake more, it'll definitely benefit docked play more than handheld play. 720p/60 in handheld, while docked can go higher than 1080p/60fps (1440p/60?)

maybe they can be more by down-sampling handheld mode and rendering at 1080p. that would keep the ratio at least

The only Nintendo console that didn't update the control scheme in some way was the GameBoy color. So while there is no evidence of new inputs, I wouldn't say that's the most likely scenario.

Drake removes the camera hardware from the SOC, so I doubt a camera, but it's not impossible, just weird if they do add one. Nintendo is actually using an excellent BT/WiFi chip right now, but there are other design problems that limit it's power, and those could change. While we have some possible factory leaks about the casing, I've not heard anything related to the Joy-Con, so it's not inconceivable they add or update something there.
i must have missed the part about the Orin originally having camera hardware. I had camera on the list mainly because I was thinking about features that the WiiU/3DS had that seem like they could very easily be added back as well as some ways that the joycons desperately could use some improvement.
Actually, it’s possible that Nintendo didn’t need that for cameras for what they would have used it for. As in they, could have kept it in for a specific usecase such as object detection, but it’s possible that they want a camera in the Nintendo switch 2 but they don’t want it for what we think they would want it for. The Nintendo DSI and the Nintendo 3DS had camera support, but I’m not sure if they actually had the hardware similar to what ORIN has for objects built into the silicon. In Nintendo’s case they probably didn’t find much of a use for it in a practical sense, as it would be mostly only used in portable mode and making it into the pro controller probably was going to cost more than what people would be comfortable with to make it worth while.

If I’m not mistaken, they were simply added in at their own convenience for what they need it for in the case of the DSi and the 3DS.

So I wouldn’t rule out a camera, I’d just rule out the high possibility of it being for detecting your head or eyes while in portable mode to make use of. It would just be a basic camera at best.

Or, no camera at all.

Dedicated servers are a terrible idea for fighting games.
Honestly that's the first time I've heard someone advocate against dedicated servers for an online game. Genuinely asking here, why would dedicated servers not work well with fighting games? What advantages do other games like shooters have that need servers where fighting games require peer-to-peer connections (and as far as I can tell, is what's contributing to lag from players with slow connections and higher ping)?

one thing about a patch to add in a Drake more, it'll definitely benefit docked play more than handheld play. 720p/60 in handheld, while docked can go higher than 1080p/60fps (1440p/60?)

maybe they can be more by down-sampling handheld mode and rendering at 1080p. that would keep the ratio at least
True.

Can't wait to play 720p 60fps Doom 2016/eternal/Cod and games like RDR2 and Witcher 3 at the same fidelity as PS4 version though on handheld mode .

Actually, it’s possible that Nintendo didn’t need that for cameras for what they would have used it for. As in they, could have kept it in for a specific usecase such as object detection, but it’s possible that they want a camera in the Nintendo switch 2 but they don’t want it for what we think they would want it for. The Nintendo DSI and the Nintendo 3DS had camera support, but I’m not sure if they actually had the hardware similar to what ORIN has for objects built into the silicon. In Nintendo’s case they probably didn’t find much of a use for it in a practical sense, as it would be mostly only used in portable mode and making it into the pro controller probably was going to cost more than what people would be comfortable with to make it worth while.

If I’m not mistaken, they were simply added in at their own convenience for what they need it for in the case of the DSi and the 3DS.

So I wouldn’t rule out a camera, I’d just rule out the high possibility of it being for detecting your head or eyes while in portable mode to make use of. It would just be a basic camera at best.

Or, no camera at all.
If they want DS compatibility, would make sense to add a front 720p front facing camera at least. I really do hope they add an infrared array on the switch 2 to emulate the Wii sensor bar.. and is getting Wii and Wii u games...

Last edited:
True.

Can't wait to play 720p 60fps Doom 2016/eternal/Cod and games like RDR2 and Witcher 3 at the same fidelity as PS4 version though on handheld mode .

If they want DS compatibility, would make sense to add a front 720p front facing camera at least. I really do hope they add an infrared array on the switch 2 to emulate the Wii sensor bar.. and is getting Wii and Wii u games...
You don’t need the sensor bar.

I’ve been peddling for 9-axis gyro over many posts now :p. Would do a better job than what the Wii had and offer perfect motion almost or every single time without having to press a button to recalibrate. It uses the current switch gyro, but also uses 6 axis for motion and 9 axis is like a compass, always knowing the position and where to point relative to the earth(so this would be used for movement). Know how in Skyward Sword HD you need to press Y to recalibrate? Well, you wouldn’t need to press that. If you hold the joycon in the air above your head, link would also hold his sword in the sky with 9-axis.

Nintendo please… I know you had it for the Wii U… and the switch is 3 or 6-axis(I forgot which it has)… return to me for the switch 2 I beg…😔🥺. (Yes the Wii U had 9 Axis)

Also, I don’t quite understand why a front facing camera for DS support. I’m not aware of many notable games that actually used the front facing camera to a significant degree.

Last edited:
Honestly that's the first time I've heard someone advocate against dedicated servers for an online game. Genuinely asking here, why would dedicated servers not work well with fighting games? What advantages do other games like shooters have that need servers where fighting games require peer-to-peer connections (and as far as I can tell, is what's contributing to lag from players with slow connections and higher ping)?
To oversimplify it, P2P is better simply because there's not as much to keep track of. Fighters typically have no more than 4 players in a game, and they're usually all visible on screen. Having dedicated servers would introduce latency, since it's another "thing" for a packet to travel to. With something like a fighter, where things such as frame data and spacing are key parts of the game, you want to keep latency low so the offline and online experience feel as close as possible.

Whereas a large-scale shooter (i.e. Battlefield) would need dedicated servers or it would be a disaster. That's a lot of players and hidden systems to keep track of. All of that is a lot of data that needs to go to a lot of places. It makes things more stable for these big Battlefield games, but for the 1v1s or 2v2s in fighting games, it's unnecessary at best and detrimental at worst.

Last edited:
To oversimplify it, P2P is better simply because there's not as much to keep track of. Fighters typically have no more than 4 players in a game, and they're usually all visible on screen. Having dedicated servers would introduce latency, since it's another "thing" for a packet to travel to. With something like a fighter, where things such as frame data and spacing are key parts of the game, you want to keep latency low so the offline and online experience feel pretty similar.

Whereas something like a large-scale shooter would need dedicated servers or it would be a disaster. That's a lot of players and hidden systems to keep track of. All of that is a lot of data that needs to go to a lot of places.
So unless Sakurai/Nintendo/Smash mandates the game can only be played online with a wired connection, it's all a roll of the dice what kind of connection you'll have depending on your opponent's connection type.

Oof. Can't even spring for options to be "Wired connection only" or something like that.

So unless Sakurai/Nintendo/Smash mandates the game can only be played online with a wired connection, it's all a roll of the dice what kind of connection you'll have depending on your opponent's connection type.

Oof. Can't even spring for options to be "Wired connection only" or something like that.
Yep. And even then, wired wouldn't necessarily make things faster; just more stable. Especially with Smash's delay based netcode. Doesn't matter how fast or slow your connection is. You're always going to have a few ms of input lag.

The thing with rollback netcode is that if you add more than 2 players, it gets complicated very quickly. For SMASH which is a more than 2 player game, rollback netcode will eat whatever power the console have just to simulate more players. It's like GO where there are too many moves that a super computer took a lot of time just to make a move.

You don’t need the sensor bar.

I’ve been peddling for 9-axis gyro over many posts now :p. Would do a better job than what the Wii had and offer perfect motion almost or every single time without having to press a button to recalibrate. It uses the current switch gyro, but also uses 6 axis for motion and 9 axis is like a compass, always knowing the position and where to point relative to the earth(so this would be used for movement). Know how in Skyward Sword HD you need to press Y to recalibrate? Well, you wouldn’t need to press that. If you hold the joycon in the air above your head, link would also hold his sword in the sky with 9-axis.

Nintendo please… I know you had it for the Wii U… and the switch is 3 or 6-axis(I forgot which it has)… return to me for the switch 2 I beg…😔🥺. (Yes the Wii U had 9 Axis)

Also, I don’t quite understand why a front facing camera for DS support. I’m not aware of many notable games that actually used the front facing camera to a significant degree.

Are you talking about an IMU with magnetometer? Because that can't make the tracking perfect; you still need to reset it many times. I did on wii u playing splatoon. I had to reset the camera like every 15 seconds.

The only way to have this (almost) perfect tracking is with a 6DoF solution.

Also:
If you hold the joycon in the air above your head, link would also hold his sword in the sky with 9-axis.

If you're talking about positional tracking, that's another thing you can't do with a 3DoF system (like switch or wii u)

I'm still baffled by the fact that the nintendo switch joycons (right side) already have an infrared camera that would have been great for driftless IR pointer controls had it been placed on the front of the joycon instead of the back where it's completely useless.

I'm still baffled by the fact that the nintendo switch joycons (right side) already have an infrared camera that would have been great for driftless IR pointer controls had it been placed on the front of the joycon instead of the back where it's completely useless.
would be hard to place it on the front given the shoulder and trigger buttons being there, and those need priority over the IR camera

True.

720p + DLSS up to 1080p in handheld mode, you mean. 😶‍🌫️

True.

Stationary sensor bar or lighthouse? No. God no. Please, anything but that. Improve gyro, don't regress.

Worked amazingly well for me playing Multiversus.

IMO with 4 players you already need dedicated servers.
Multiversus has shit online. I've seen people say it's on par with Smash Ultimate even

Stationary sensor bar or lighthouse? No. God no. Please, anything but that. Improve gyro, don't regress.
Regress? Pointer shits all over gyro aiming. I would go back in a heartbeat

Regress? Pointer shits all over gyro aiming. I would go back in a heartbeat
It really doesn't...

Sensor bar based tracking is a no-go for so many reasons. The dock can be placed sideways, behind TVs, in cabinets, etc., and a LOT of people, including some of Nintendo's devs, use it like that. Adding a sensor bar to it (or the console bezel) would be absurd. It isn't 2006 anymore; there are better ways to achieve decent tracking.

Does anybody know how the pointer tech in the LG Magic Remote works? To me it seems it is more accurate than the Joy Con Gyro
I find it great, when I first used it I thought there must be IR lighthouses in the TV, but nah, it uses a tech called FreeSpace, which is basically the Joy-Con gyro pointer but better.

If they can get gyro to that quality and add a magnetometer to provide calibration, I'll be happy. That's more than enough for a pointer. Especially when you consider the Wii pointer itself wasn't exactly the pinnacle of accuracy (though I give it points for accurately tracking rotation and relative distance, this can be achieved with FreeSpace tech, though the holy grail would be full inside out tracking using optical sensors.)

Not sure if this has been posted but Wood from Beatemups managed to snag a Zelda Edition Switch. The surprising part is that the firmware is quite old.

Evidence in favour of the factory uncles... Successor production may start in mere days.

i've followed silently this thread for the last 300-350 pages, maybe more. First of all i want to thanks all of you, the thread sometimes goes nuts but it is fun and informative most of the times.
i have found this post on 4chan that went mostly ignored:

i know that 4chan leaks are unreliable and most of these infos can be derived by what we already knew and some patents but maybe there is something interesting?

p.s. My english is bad. Someone can explain to me what those ccd in the leaks are meant to be?

Last edited:
i've followed silently this thread for the last 300-350 pages, maybe more. First of all i want to thanks all of you, the thread sometimes goes nuts but it is fun and informative most of the times.

i know that 4chan leaks are unreliable and most of these infos can be derived by what we already knew and some patents but maybe there is something interesting?

p.s. My english is bad. Someone can explain to me what those ccd in the leaks are meant to be?

USER AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Access denied.)

Please use Imgur, or something 😅

I don't want to be overdramatic but I see very little reason for Nintendo to have produced all three special edition OLED Models in parallel and have them all ready before the end of the year when one of them was near a year out from launch, UNLESS the intent was to clear factory lines to introduce a new product that needs manufacturing.

It just doesn't gel. As I've said dozens of times: It takes money to store things. If you don't HAVE to store things long term, ideally you don't want to. If you DO, you PROBABLY have a good reason for it.

It means the factory lines have been manufacturing something ELSE. Possibly for a WHILE.
Hey, the new SOC WAS completed last September at the latest. Production could well have begun in late 2022, more likely early 2023 (or now).
Oh c'mon, the most likely thing was that Nintendo ordered this special edition early because that's when Zelda was supposed to launch. Zelda got pushed back for reason X and the completed units sat for a year so in a warehouse.

This is a big deal!
Correctly standing 😊
To play Devil's advocate for a minute, there are other possible explanations for it. The game was likely previously intended for release at the end of last year, with the OLED model alongside, and it's possible that the cost of pushing back production of the OLED model would have exceeded the cost of stockpiling. It's also possible that the factory simply isn't making anything for Nintendo after the OLED model. Switch sales are dropping, so Nintendo could be reducing the number of manufacturing facilities, and in the case of this particular factory it could have been cheaper to manufacture these a bit early and pay storage costs than to stop production and restart it a few months later.

Welcome!

This leak is probably nonsense BUT it seems like the exact sort of crazy gimmick Nintendo might attempt, so I like it.

Unless the cart slot of ReDrakted can also take in Switch 1 carts, i would doubt that leak for the different cart size part alone.

Nintendo wants that BC, and not only for digital games.

Oh c'mon, the most likely thing was that Nintendo ordered this special edition early because that's when Zelda was supposed to launch. Zelda got pushed back for reason X and the completed units sat for a year so in a warehouse.
The delay was months before summer. Seems heavy.

Unless the cart slot of ReDrakted can also take in Switch 1 carts, i would doubt that leak for the different cart size part alone.

Perhaps, though a larger cart could mean that the card slot can take both, but that drake exclusive games can't fit in the original Switch's slot. Would make some sense.

And this is VERY interesting.

I have a feeling we might see something similar to how the 3DS carts had that little extra part on the top right side to make them not fit in the DS.

I don't want to be overdramatic but I see very little reason for Nintendo to have produced all three special edition OLED Models in parallel and have them all ready before the end of the year when one of them was near a year out from launch, UNLESS the intent was to clear factory lines to introduce a new product that needs manufacturing.

It just doesn't gel. As I've said dozens of times: It takes money to store things. If you don't HAVE to store things long term, ideally you don't want to. If you DO, you PROBABLY have a good reason for it.

Me sipping my Long Island Iced Tea suspiciously

I'm going to remain so unsurprised when this comes out by Christmas 2023, again, it is the only logical release date currently for the console and it will take both Bowser and Furukawa to literally scream at my face it is never coming until 2024 to change my mind.

The Zelda OLED is absolutely tempting, to have just to own as I already have a custom Switch Lite, I am going to hate my wallet if the moment I decide to buy it is when some more news comes out regarding its release. I do not know the joy of the OLED but I hear it is quite nice.

What throws me off about the "leak" image is:

4K30 (Some games should absolutely hit 4K60, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe).

"CCDs" (Sounds very Nintendo but honestly kind of absurdist. What, our save files live on our phones now?)

10GB of RAM for games but 16 in the system? If this is in any way true, I imagine what's happening here is that 10GB for games and 2GB for the OS (seems like a lot for the OS) points to 12GB in the final system but 16GB in the dev kits.

As with any 4chan rumour, this is basically guaranteed to be nonsense, but nonsense can still be entertaining. The CCD thing sounds very strange, and using physical devices to transfer save data seems a bit redundant in a world of cloud saves (which Nintendo has supported on Switch for several years now). Perhaps it's a kind of cross between Apple AirTags and 3DS street pass?

The quick loading files is kind of interesting. I'm not sure if knowledge of the FDE has extended that far outside this thread, although it's not a huge jump to speculate that Nintendo may have some kind of solution for decompression, given both Sony and MS have. The claim of a custom decompression type called HLZ is an interesting one, and I had previously speculated that Nvidia could have implemented a custom compression algorithm for texture data similar to Microsoft's BCPACK.

They could use wider carts to prevent them from being inserted in an original Switch, although I don't see why they would make them larger when they could just add a tab like on 3DS, or even just leave them the same and have a message pop up on screen. I also don't see why third party developers would have any reason to know about the physical dimensions of game carts for the device, it's not really relevant to them.

What throws me off about the "leak" image is:

4K30 (Some games should absolutely hit 4K60, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe).

"CCDs" (Sounds very Nintendo but honestly kind of absurdist. What, our save files live on our phones now?)

10GB of RAM for games but 16 in the system? If this is in any way true, I imagine what's happening here is that 10GB for games and 2GB for the OS (seems like a lot for the OS) points to 12GB in the final system but 16GB in the dev kits.

The 4K 30fps part is after DLSS support, so I'm reading it to say that 4K DLSS at 30fps seems doable.

The 4K 30fps part is after DLSS support, so I'm reading it to say that 4K DLSS at 30fps seems doable.
DLSS would not, in general, REDUCE framerates. 4K30 after DLSS is definitely doable from what we know. If I were being generous, I would have to assume he means "for major multiplats", like Elden Ring could function at 4K30 after DLSS on the new system.

Edit: As for cart size, dev kits should have a Card Slot, especially since games should be tested to see if they work alright with Game Card read speeds. Nintendo Switch Dev Kits had Game Card slots, after all. Plus it's a place to insert physical debugging devices, as we've seen with DS and 3DS test Game Cards. If this is true, I think it's being misinterpreted. The Card Slot may be wider, and that's what's on the dev kit, but internally it might just be an electronically similar reader with space for an extra tab on the console so REDACTED games don't get inserted into the original Switch. This could be important if, say, they have different electronics to allow for faster loading times that could cause problems on the OG Switch beyond just not being readable.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the "e3 time" this year. Just a mere thought of a new system is so exciting 🥰 All I need is more power so games hit the native resolution of screen and more ergonomic joycons. Oh and some kind of achievement system would be great.

I can't wait for the "e3 time" this year. Just a mere thought of a new system is so exciting 🥰 All I need is more power so games hit the native resolution of screen and more ergonomic joycons. Oh and some kind of achievement system would be great.
Weirdly they DO have an achievement system of sorts, inside the NSO applet. I wouldn't be surprised if those "Platinum Missions" were extended to Drake software.

As for the native res of the screen, well, maybe, but they could well (most likely will) increase the handheld screen resolution, but the device will have more power by a factor of 6X, while the screen res would only increase by about 2.25X, so it shouldn't be an issue, especially with games that use DLSS.

As with any 4chan rumour, this is basically guaranteed to be nonsense, but nonsense can still be entertaining. The CCD thing sounds very strange, and using physical devices to transfer save data seems a bit redundant in a world of cloud saves (which Nintendo has supported on Switch for several years now). Perhaps it's a kind of cross between Apple AirTags and 3DS street pass?

The quick loading files is kind of interesting. I'm not sure if knowledge of the FDE has extended that far outside this thread, although it's not a huge jump to speculate that Nintendo may have some kind of solution for decompression, given both Sony and MS have. The claim of a custom decompression type called HLZ is an interesting one, and I had previously speculated that Nvidia could have implemented a custom compression algorithm for texture data similar to Microsoft's BCPACK.

They could use wider carts to prevent them from being inserted in an original Switch, although I don't see why they would make them larger when they could just add a tab like on 3DS, or even just leave them the same and have a message pop up on screen. I also don't see why third party developers would have any reason to know about the physical dimensions of game carts for the device, it's not really relevant to them.

The leak makes it seem like they are trying to revisit the asymmetrical play idea of the Wii U the way the original Switch revisited the off-screen play idea.

The 'CCD' idea seems like it represents a controller with on-board memory and a screen, a la the Dreamcast controller + VMU combo. On-board memory would allow people to bring their user profiles and saves to friends' houses, tracking progress, using their profiles in multiplayer games, maybe even picking up their saves on a friend's system, without necessarily having to bring a whole console along. Assuming the CCD is cheaper and more compact than the console itself, this might be an appealing option, especially for younger players; if you have several children sharing a console, the CCD gives them the option to go to a friend's house and play there with their own profiles.

DLSS would not, in general, REDUCE framerates. 4K30 after DLSS is definitely doable from what we know. If I were being generous, I would have to assume he means "for major multiplats", like Elden Ring could function at 4K30 after DLSS on the new system.

Edit: As for cart size, dev kits should have a Card Slot, especially since games should be tested to see if they work alright with Game Card read speeds. Nintendo Switch Dev Kits had Game Card slots, after all. Plus it's a place to insert physical debugging devices, as we've seen with DS and 3DS test Game Cards. If this is true, I think it's being misinterpreted. The Card Slot may be wider, and that's what's on the dev kit, but internally it might just be an electronically similar reader with space for an extra tab on the console so REDACTED games don't get inserted into the original Switch. This could be important if, say, they have different electronics to allow for faster loading times that could cause problems on the OG Switch beyond just not being readable.
DLSS takes some amount of time to run, and the longer it takes to run the less viable it is at higher framerates. In an extreme example, if DLSS took 20ms to output a 4K image on T239, then it simply wouldn't be possible to run any game at 4K 60fps using DLSS on the hardware, even if there are some games which could run at 4K 60fps natively. I don't think DLSS will literally take longer than a full frame to run, but it's entirely possible that a 4K DLSS pass would eat into the frame time so much that it isn't really viable at 60fps, and devs will more likely drop down to ~1440p DLSS output resolution in 60fps games to free up resources.

Fair point on the game card slot being required for testing, but I would expect that in pre-release devkits like this it wouldn't necessarily have any relationship to the size and shape of a real game card reader, and it would more likely be some kind of breakout board with the necessary prototype hardware on it. Of course this may be the case, and they're just misinterpreting it as representative of the final game card design.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom