• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

True, i was mostly mentioning future titles, but I can definitely see DS2-DS3 arriving since Bandai has the publishing right, but Sekiro is more questionable because that’s activision who I think owns the publishing rights.

But hopefully they’ll all arrive on the Switch 2
The fact that we never got DS2/3 on Switch is just Bandai being dumb. If they continue being this way then it won’t really matter all that much.

As for Sekiro it was published in JP by FromSoft while Activision handled international.

Two things, i didn't say 'a couple' i said 'several' million which just implies less money, not no money being spent.
This is mostly to indicate they don't need to fund a large sprawling remake that take years to come out.
A Chrono remake in the scale of MHR would indeed cost a lot of money and probably not be out in time for Switch 2's launch window and probably won't make Switch 3's launch either.

There's no need to be overly pedantic in this time of happiness when we finally have a target to shoot for.

Edit: sorry if i didn't read your response right, but it sounds a bit argumentative to me.
yes, you did read that wrong. it has nothing to do with being pedantic. the difference between "a couple" and "several" is irrelevant when my point was sub-$10M only got 9-ish months of exclusivity from Monster Hunter Rise. the scope of the game wasn't the point, just that amount of money isn't gonna get much of anything outside of marketing. my comment is nowhere near serious to be seen as argumentative

Releasing march of 2025

Reveal can be at South henisfere Spring (noth hemisfere fall) 2024

Last main nintenro direct with focus on switch

After today or the june direct , thirds can already say openly they are developing games for the switch 2

More remasters incoming on the direct

Wild guess : metroid prime 4 is the last game for this year on switch 1
Thanks.

I have a feeling MP4 is going to be a Zelda botw situation, releasing on both current and Nextgen.

third party should be allowed to mention Switch 2 mulitplatform releases from June on even without showing it, since Nintendo is now openly talking about it (e.g. for games announced for 2025 they can confirm "PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch Successor)
I have a feeling Nintendo's going to announce Switch 2's code name between now and June so it can be used in the June trailers. It looks and sounds better in videos saying "coming to Nintendo X" than "Nintendo Switch successor".

Nintendo R&D spending increased 25 % from FY 23 to FY 24. That seems to be mostly because of the Switch 2 one would presume?

Waiting for ninspider new posts after announcement
Ninspider is Furukawa confirmed.

nileseyy-niles-peace-out.gif

I was getting the Cloudflare message before the announcement as well, but I don't think that means anything.

Ah okay - I didn't see a CF message until today, only that Fami was in "unscheduled maintenance"(banner across top of Fami page, with no forums shown) before that.

Crazy that the Switch 2 acknowledgement tweet has 29 million views.

Also don’t we get some translated paper about the question the investors were asking this week?

Crazy that the Switch 2 acknowledgement tweet has 29 million views.

Also don’t we get some translated paper about the question the investors were asking this week?
It comes out a few days after. Should take them less than a week though

Already done. Still checks out.

Since I've received several requests,I've made another graph, this time accounting for inflation.The statistic still holds true.Cumulative Net Profit (1981 to 2016) = ¥2691bCumulative Net Profit (2017 to 2024) = ¥2696b
Nintendo's profit during the Switch era surpass the combined profit from 1981 to 2016.
Nintendo’s net profit increase to ¥490.6b, setting a new record.
Always remember to transcribe your Tweets everyone just in case something happens to the account.

So Nintendo have only had two red fiscal years since they went into the gaming business? Talk about a stable business.
And those were both during the height of the Wii U era and during a period of massive growth and investment in Nintendo's offices, especially the merging of their home console and handheld development teams.

Nintendo should give SE several million dollars to do a proper remake , but not the bloated mulriparter like FF7, but a good remake HD 2D plus with amazing artwork and music. Make it their 2025/26 anchor RPG along with the expect XBC game on Switch 2
I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes, Nintendo paid nontrivial amounts of money to Square Enix to ensure Dragon Quest III HD-2D comes to the Nintendo Switch's successor outside of Japan.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo continues to pay Square Enix nontrivial amounts of money to bring Dragon Quest games in general to the Nintendo Switch's successor outside of Japan since Nintendo's the only one out of Sony and Microsoft who actually cares about Dragon Quest. (Perhaps Dragon Quest games are one area where Nvidia Lightspeed Studios' technical prowess (e.g. ray tracing, etc.) can really be showcased.)

I've been using my knowledge gained from this thread to habitually update the Wikipedia articles for Nvidia architectures in various languages.

Did you know that there's no article for Ada Lovelace on Russian Wikipedia? It just redirects to the article for the RTX 40 series.
Not particularly surprising to me since almost all of Nvidia's products using Ada Lovelace dies are RTX 40 GPUs.

What an absurd day for gaming news. Coming home from work and trying to absorb all of this.....Nintendo sales numbers and Switch 2 details, Microsoft drama, etc.

Anyway, I was extremely relieved when I read the following:

No more gimmicks, no more "starting over" with a new generation, no new name/brand. Just "the next Switch model". So this console is basically guaranteed at this point to have "Switch" in the name. Now we just need to hope that it's something like "Switch 2" and not "Switch Attach".....

But it feels like they're finally using the Sony playbook: give us a new box that's more powerful, has better controllers/features...but nothing entirely revolutionary. I'm pretty sure all anyone wants for Nintendo's next system is another hybrid console with significantly more power and just more great games - and it sounds like Nintendo will be delivering that.

I believe David Gibson has the tendency to translate quite liberally. So as other people said, take what David Gibson said with a healthy grain of salt.

Well there's still the prosumer cards like the L4, L40, and RTX Ada Generation line.
Hence why I said almost all of Nvidia's products using Ada Lovelace dies. (I consider the consumer and the professional (not datacentre) RTX GPUs to be RTX 40 GPUs.)

Last edited:
What an absurd day for gaming news. Coming home from work and trying to absorb all of this.....Nintendo sales numbers and Switch 2 details, Microsoft drama, etc.

No more gimmicks, no more "starting over" with a new generation, no new name/brand. Just "the next Switch model". So this console is basically guaranteed at this point to have "Switch" in the name. Now we just need to hope that it's something like "Switch 2" and not "Switch Attach".....

But it feels like they're finally using the Sony playbook: give us a new box that's more powerful, has better controllers/features...but nothing entirely revolutionary. I'm pretty sure all anyone wants for Nintendo's next system is another hybrid console with significantly more power and just more great games - and it sounds like Nintendo will be delivering that.

This in no way implies “no more gimmicks.”
As for the bolded what exactly would lead anyone to believe this outside of faulty logic &/or “because Nintendo.”

Staying with a hybrid console doesn't mean there aren't new gimmicks or "ways" to play, Nintendo isn't going to do the same thing as Sony and Microsoft, it's just that the switch will indeed be branded for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a higher quality image, but as we wait for the full announcement in the coming months, feel free to use this meme as much as you want to:
3OlxRv8.png

Nintendo can afford to have the next console be an iteration of the Switch now because they still have no competition as a hybrid console.

When Nintendo tried new things for their hardware in the past it was because they couldn't keep up with Sony and MS on the rush for high end tech, so they had to create a space for them in the market, not because they're weirdos.

My local TV news just ran a story on the fact that Nintendo just acknowledged a new Switch is coming.

What fuckin timeline is this? 🤣

Together we can stop this.
I just bought Star Ocean Second Story and Baten Kaitos 1+2, both physical, for Switch. I'm trying.

Chrono Trigger's 30th anniversary is in 2025.

WIP] Chrono Trigger | Video Games Open | Page 86 | RPGnet Forums
My fingers are chrono crossed.

yes, you did read that wrong. it has nothing to do with being pedantic. the difference between "a couple" and "several" is irrelevant when my point was sub-$10M only got 9-ish months of exclusivity from Monster Hunter Rise. the scope of the game wasn't the point, just that amount of money isn't gonna get much of anything outside of marketing. my comment is nowhere near serious to be seen as argumentative
Thanks for clarifying. I think we agree on the whole and it will be expensive to secure exclusives for an active franchise.
I do think since CT is mostly a dead franchise with a strong following, it will probably not be the same as securing timed exclusives for an active popular franchise.

a couple million ain't gonna get Nintendo anything but a couple of months of exclusivity if Monster Hunter Rise was anything to go by
10 months of exclusivity. March 2021 (Switch) -> January 2022 (PC).

More than enough time for Switch players to go through the entire content (like I did), before Sunbreak.

Not only that, console-exclusive for nearly 2 years (1 year, 10 months) until January 2023 (Playstation/XBox consoles).

That’s certainly not what I want from Nintendo, but I’m not gonna yuck your yum.

I will say that this was also what people said going into the Switch era - “just give me a box that plays games”. Nintendo didn’t give us that.

Yep I agree with Furukawa, I as well always saw this new Drake Switch hardware as basically another Switch model in the Switch family of systems. Glad to see the more transparent response validating that… :p
He didn't respond to anything and the translation of this article is misleading.

I have no idea what buyer uncle is implying, so I’m just gonna leave this here:

IMG-6297.jpg
Anyone fluent in Japanese want to rephrase this (rather, provide an accurate translation)? This machine translation seems a bit confusing to parse.

Edit: Maybe the tweet is saying he got the impression Nintendo likes to release things based on timing of release by other competitors (Sony, Microsoft)?

Yep I agree with Furukawa, I as well always saw this new Drake Switch hardware as basically another Switch model in the Switch family of systems. Glad to see the more transparent response validating that… :p
That translation is wrong, he never said "new model" anywhere, Furukawa used the words 後継機種 (successor) and 次世代機 (next-generation device) in the reports today and the Official English tweet called it the "Successor to the Nintendo switch".

C'mon just drop this bit already, it's not funny anymore.

I would like to add that Nintendo WILL add an optional gimmick that you can buy separately. Nintendo didn't lose that part of them all they did was stop making it mandatory.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom