• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Can DF & co tell the base resolution of a game using DLSS? Meaning that if the Switch 2 widely uses DLSS will we be able to know what the resolution is before DLSS or just the end result?

So I went to bed with the full expectations of either waking up to an NSO announcement or nothing at all. If that NSO announcement happened, then we could safely drop the Switch 2 theory from the Pyoro announcement.

Well I've had a nice 10 hours of sleep, checked my phone, and no videos from Nintendo turned up. I think we can strike the "It's an NSO announcement" off the list. So... we might've won maybe slightly. We just have a lot more hours left until we know for sure.

Looks like its not a NSO announcement

Touche...
fc18dc0577dfce76c45076df82127859.jpg

This validates the tease being about a new Nintendo World Championship.

Here's the explanation: The tweeted pic showed the cart that was used in the 1990 World Championship. In 1990, Germany was still divided into the DDR and the West German Federal Republic.

Since Germany now is united, you can call the former West German Federal Republic the Old Republic. The Nintendo tweet about the Old Republic game trial finally validates this!

Since not everyone understands sarcasm: This post is a joke post. Do not take it serious.

Here's the explanation: The tweeted pic showed the cart that was used in the 1990 World Championship. In 1990, Germany was still divided into the DDR and the West German Federal Republic.

Since Germany now is united, you can call the former West German Federal Republic the Old Republic. The Nintendo tweet about the Old Republic game trial finally validates this!

Since not everyone understands sarcasm: This post is a joke post. Do not take it serious.
Brought me right back to middle school history class ngl.
Had a good laugh

Best reply of the next hours
(until new Pyoro tweet I hope)

(Hi Pyoro, If you're reading this, please send us to chaos again thanks)

It might could become a problem if you try to play on TV when the battery has run out. Hope it’s optional.

When the switch was announced some people were already expecting to see the joy-cons battery to increase the console'S battery life. I remember saying exactly this: be optional! Most people will use a joy-con to play when docked, and it would be terrible if they put the console on the dock because the battery is low, then they remove the joy-cons thinking they will just continue to play in TV mode and... Surprise m*f*

Yeah, no. It's only a good idea if you can disable it in system settings.

I wonder if Pyoro stays silent until next week or if we're getting a follow-up tease today at the time he tweeted yesterday.
Ask him, I'd say. He reads this thread and presumably gets a laugh from it. Perhaps he gives you a yeah😛

I'm trying to Scooby Doo this place of who he might be👀

Couldn't it be a 4th version of the Switch? It seems late but wouldn't be that unusual for Nintendo.
That would explain the choice of the cartridge with 4 switches, and why Pyoro liked the "Switch 3 4" tweet.
Switch Micro or stuff like this, announced soon for release this year so they have some new hardware for holidays while next gen would be revealed in summer/fall for a March/April 2025 release.

Couldn't it be a 4th version of the Switch? It seems late but wouldn't be that unusual for Nintendo.
That would explain the choice of the cartridge with 4 switches, and why Pyoro liked the "Switch 3 4" tweet.
Switch Micro or stuff like this, announced soon for release this year so they have some new hardware for holidays while next gen would be revealed in summer/fall for a March/April 2025 release.
My issue with this is that it doesn't really make a lot of sense given what we already know. Nowhere is it mentioned that it's possible for another revision. Neither with shipping data, nor with leaks from analysts or journalists, not anywhere. It also just doesn't make sense on a logic level. Nintendo was apparently making a Switch Pro at some point and that was clearly canned... so why would they make a revision that will 99% sell poorly and announce a successor system soon after... that doesn't make any sense. Hell, that's exactly why something like the GBA Micro performed so badly, so what's the point.

Also, the only reason why we think the Switch 2 being announced now is "too early" is because the Switch 1 had a reveal to release from October 2016 to March 2017, which is one of the fastest reveals to release for a major console that I know of. Nintendo revealing the Switch 2 now means they just have a fair bit longer to start manufacturing their system and getting a hefty stockpile of systems for launch. Just... everything about this specific theory doesn't make sense.

If you really want to march ahead with the theory... I should point out we technically have 4 versions of the current Switch, being the V1, V2, Lite and OLED. Usually people bundle V1 and 2 together though, so the 4 could be just the Switch 2. Idk man this just doesn't add up to me.

1.The Switch micro patent wouldn't have been made public if they actually were going to release it.

2. Every tx1 revision has been datamined far in advance.

3. A micro would probably require another tx1 die shrink, which wouldn't be worth the investment this late in the lifecycle.

1.The Switch micro patent wouldn't have been made public if they actually were going to release it.

2. Every tx1 revision has been datamined far in advance.

3. A micro would probably require another tx1 die shrink, which wouldn't be worth the investment this late in the lifecycle.
It was just a random example/idea but a new model could be anything, though yeah your second point makes it very unlikely.

Yeah, no. After all the things we heard about a March release of Switch II, I really can't see a revision.

Nintendo knows people been waiting for the successor, and with no known line-up of games for Switch after LM2, I doubt they bring a Micro or other revisions.

Pyoro also knows about the huge focus on Switch II, and his last post has about 10,9k on likes, which tells me he knows he makes people disappointed if its about a revision after all this time, although he might be still right of that's the case. A revision would not only cause anger to Nintendo, but presumably also to Pyoro, I guess.

Can DF & co tell the base resolution of a game using DLSS? Meaning that if the Switch 2 widely uses DLSS will we be able to know what the resolution is before DLSS or just the end result?
I think it would be hard, especially with dynamic res.

How dynamic res works with dlss, is that its the base resolution thats dynamic. The output resolution after dlss is constant.

At what time the 7th can we usually expect Nintendo's press releases/statements etc.? Including timezones, I'm not from the US or Japan

I don't get the reaction of Midori and Brazil in this case.
They didn't corroborate anything and if Switch 2 did end up getting announced people would assume by their retweets that they also knew something. It's one of those micro social media moves that has little risk and decent reward. Increases the favourable public perception by like 5%

There's also plausible deniability of "i'm just a fan like you getting excited!" despite knowing everyone looks at your actions related to the topic as significant.

They didn't corroborate anything and if Switch 2 did end up getting announced people would assume by their retweets that they also knew something. It's one of those micro social media moves that has little risk and decent reward. Increases the favourable public perception by like 5%

I think neither Midori nor Brazil are in a position where they need to have to do something like that.

I think neither Midori nor Brazil are in a position where they need to have to do something like that.
Midori is like the biggest engagement farmer ever (in a charming way) and brazil is a gaming journalist. Whether it's for dopamine rushes, podcast views or website clicks they want the attention.

We live constantly by this, even Sony and Xbox don’t have to suffer of knowing when piece of hardware will release. Here’s a fun fact Sony has released 1 slim and a pro model before Nintendo has acknowledged the Switch 2…

its-joever-were-back-its-joever-v0-c5qguu2aq4qa1.png

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom