• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

On one hand, glorious victory. On the other, more suffering. What will Nintendo pick this time?

it's definitely the latter

From the old place:
This is of "my uncle's cousin nephew's son" sort of thing but I found it odd enough to share as both rumors are against current expectations.
I was at an ebgames store (gamestop) in australia today and the manager claimed to have been at a 'global corporate meeting' six weeks ago and strongly implied to me that;
1. The PS5Pro WON'T be out this year.
2. The Switch2 WILL be out this year, and a direct would announce that soon.
Has anyone else heard the same? That's the opposite of what I had assumed to be the case.

Newly published Nintendo patent:

nfOISPR.png

As shown above, if the power level of a Joy-Con is higher than the console or the other Joy-Con, it can reverse recharge them. AFAIK, the current Switch models or Joy-Cons do not support this. With the rumors of a larger Joy-Con 2, could this be a feature of next-gen Switch? Even though most Nintendo hardware patents don’t actually get implemented in final products, this one seems plausible.

nfOISPR.png

As shown above, if the power level of a Joy-Con is higher than the console or the other Joy-Con, it can reverse recharge them. AFAIK, the current Switch models or Joy-Cons do not support this. With the rumors of a larger Joy-Con 2, could this be a feature of next-gen Switch? Even though most Nintendo hardware patents don’t actually get implemented in final products, this one seems plausible.
If they use this, Switch 2 will be more stable on release, than Switch is now after dozens of stability updates.

nfOISPR.png

This makes total sense! Might as well have the console and the controllers all at 10% battery instead of the controllers at 50% and the console at 0%.

nfOISPR.png

Does this mean it would equalize the charge % between all 3?

nfOISPR.png

Would the switch to metal SL/SR allow for the electromagnetic circuits that we’ve currently speculated for attachment to be used for dynamic circuit configuration flipping to allow this inverse charge? (Not 100% sure how charge is distributed from console to Joycons in the current generation)

nfOISPR.png

Would be cool, a second pair of joycon becomes also a battery pack in this way.

I don't think 4TF sustained is realistic, correct, but it seems 3.5TF is possible and that is. Leaving me a little breathless.

PS5-style high dynamic clocks might work nicely. They're basically locked (the "drops" in gameplay are only like 2%), and they do away with the problem of console clocks needing to be designed around extreme worst-case scenarios.

It might could become a problem if you try to play on TV when the battery has run out. Hope it’s optional.
I think the trade off of improved battery life in handheld mode is well worth that rare occurrence of a downside. Besides, I’d just use a Pro Controller when docked myself.

I think the trade off of improved battery life in handheld mode is well worth that rare occurrence of a downside. Besides, I’d just use a Pro Controller when docked myself.
Same, but if you’re switching from singleplayer to multiplayer (e.g. Mario Kart), it‘d be a problem for many people. I agree that it’s a advantage in most cases, but offering options is always a good thing.

Same, but if you’re switching from singleplayer to multiplayer (e.g. Mario Kart), it‘d be a problem for many people. I agree that it’s an advantage in most cases, but offering options is always a good thing.
Feels like there’d probably be a setting within the console to select ‘optimise for single play / multiple joycon play’ so this doesn’t run into problem states too frequently

nfOISPR.png

I love clever stuff like this.

nfOISPR.png

Tbh I thought that the OG Switch already does this to some degree? Maybe just in one direction, mainly the system charging the joycons or am I just misremembering?
I would be stoked if this would find implementation in Switch 2 and like others said, I can imagine that the metal shoulder buttons of the joycons would allow for that.

Maybe something maybe nothing. Let's just say something else is getting a major update and it runs from Thursday, May 16th. thru Tuesday, May 21 PDT, can't say what it's in relation to. 🤷‍♂️
I can, and already did, say what it's in relation to. And what it's not in relation to, which is a Switch 2 announcement.

So I went to bed with the full expectations of either waking up to an NSO announcement or nothing at all. If that NSO announcement happened, then we could safely drop the Switch 2 theory from the Pyoro announcement.

Well I've had a nice 10 hours of sleep, checked my phone, and no videos from Nintendo turned up. I think we can strike the "It's an NSO announcement" off the list. So... we might've won maybe slightly. We just have a lot more hours left until we know for sure.

So I went to bed with the full expectations of either waking up to an NSO announcement or nothing at all. If that NSO announcement happened, then we could safely drop the Switch 2 theory from the Pyoro announcement.

Well I've had a nice 10 hours of sleep, checked my phone, and no videos from Nintendo turned up. I think we can strike the "It's an NSO announcement" off the list. So... we might've won maybe slightly. We just have a lot more hours left until we know for sure.
Im heading to bed now myself and hope to wake up to some kind of clarification or new hint from Pyoro since he left us wandering long enough

Im heading to bed now myself and hope to wake up to some kind of clarification or new hint from Pyoro since he left us wandering long enough
Yep I understand that. It's also just healthy to get a lot of sleep. 10 hours of sleep feels very nice every so often, but it does mean I'll be waiting a fair bit today until That Damned Bird™ shows his face again. I need answers.

seriously tho, it's actually kinda cool for Pyoro as a leaker to exist, i just think it's funny to refer to Pyoro as essentially a trickster god

Well I've had a nice 10 hours of sleep
Damn, I wish I could do that. More sleep is always good, hehe. I did go to sleep around 12AM and woke up around 5:30AM for work.

As for Pyoro, I don't think he'll give us another post. I'd like to, but I just don't expect it to happen. I think we just have to week till Tuesday.

There was a ‘rumor’ awhile back that Switch 2 would have 120hz screen. Most dismissed it because of the source or because they believe Nintendo wouldn’t do such. But this has me wondering.

There was a ‘rumor’ awhile back that Switch 2 would have 120hz screen. Most dismissed it because of the source or because they believe Nintendo wouldn’t do such. But this has me wondering.

The issue we had at the time was a bit more complicated than the 120hz screen. I don't believe anyone took issue with that, or at least it was rather secondary to this:
In addition, since the Switch has never undergone a major hardware upgrade since its launch, the market expects that Nintendo is likely to launch a new generation of products in the second half of this year, and some hardware specifications will also evolve, including that the processor will be equipped with NVIDIA's T239 chip, equipped with 8GB RAM and 64GB storage space, the battery life will also be greatly improved, and the screen refresh rate will be increased to 120Hz
8GB of Ram and 64GB storage would be either business suicide or taking the piss from Nintendo, it's just incredibly short sighted.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom