• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Trees with leaves?

The tree from this link and the tree from his tweet are the same. It is not on the grounds.

He could have just been waiting for the bus and to pass the time he posted a pic to fuck with the internet for his own amusement. I get that this is the speculation thread. But allow yourself to speculate it could actually not be related and just be a coincidence.

nintree.png
Are you thinking the picture is from the east end parking lot? I don't see any power lines in the parking lot, so I still think it is from the North end
... well shit.

Well I might've drew a conclusion far too soon. It might be nothing, but I don't know anymore. I'm just going to back away and pray for the best.

He could have just been waiting for the bus and to pass the time he posted a pic to fuck with the internet for his own amusement. I get that this is the speculation thread. But allow yourself to speculate it could actually not be related and just be a coincidence.

nintree.png
Counter point: He could have just gotten off the bus and decided to send a fun little tweet about his meeting with Nintendo

We still don't know anything about why he was there? I'm getting suspicious.

If we end up getting something in march after all this pain I'm going to be funged as hell
April seems like a safe bet plus the Brazilian journalists who first spoke of the delay. Also mentioned an indie direct this month. Which didn’t happen. He’s also the one who said we’ll see the switch 2 reveal in July, but that seems unlikely now.

I can either see a small reveal trailer in April or a simple tweet from Nintendo.
But maybe that’s cope

Who would have thought we would have treegate 2.0 haha.

Anyways, I would find it weird for him to just be randomly there, and what would be the point of tweeting that picture? Just to fuck with the internet? But why? We already have so little that it would be no point.

Counter point: He could have just gotten off the bus and decided to send a fun little tweet about his meeting with Nintendo

Yeah I mean, I guess he couldn't have signed an NDA yet. Have to have some balls on you to tweet a hint about a super secret preview (or whatever) meeting you're about to walk into lol imagine by now somebody in Nintendo has notifications turned on for his account.

That scenario is even more out there to me.

So... tomorrow is the last day to announce an indie Direct for March right? Brazil said there would be one in March (in addition to the June Switch 2 thing).

Edit: well, seemingly they've also aired Friday too.

I'm having NX prototype photo vibes.. did you guys check the reflections on the windows too?
Nintendo was Massive Entertainement the whole time.

And since we all agree that the Switch 2 is going for the 8NM, it's truly gonna be Massive.
/jk

Anyways, I would find it weird for him to just be randomly there, and what would be the point of tweeting that picture? Just to fuck with the internet? But why? We already have so little that it would be no point.
Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock-tier behavior (yes I'm watching that hbomberguy video).

There are a lot of tech companies in Kyoto, but I don't know why he'd randomly go out of his way to post an image about Nintendo's Development Complex when that's not his primary reason for being there. Just... so bizarre. Also he must've been around Nintendo's HQ a lot of times, why broadcast "HEY, I'M A PROLIFIC JOURNALIST LOOKING AT YOUR WINDOWS!!" that's just a strange thing to do especially for no reason.

There are a lot of tech companies in Kyoto, but I don't know why he'd randomly go out of his way to post an image about Nintendo's Development Complex when that's not his primary reason for being there. Just... so bizarre. Also he must've been around Nintendo's HQ a lot of times, why broadcast "HEY, I'M A PROLIFIC JOURNALIST LOOKING AT YOUR WINDOWS!!" that's just a strange thing to do especially for no reason.
I believe stirring up the internet to drum up hype would not be out of character for a journalist whose articles (the better-known ones anyway) revolve around concepts/products that depend on a ton of hype to circulate.

It could possibly be that he has nothing to show right now and that post is a way of making sure he's still in the conversation, keeping eyes on him, stirring people up so that when there is something to talk about people are already all over him. Look what it's doing here. We weren't talking about him before that post, and now we have been for pages.

I'm not trying to say any of the above is definitive, he very well may be involved in something going on at Nintendo right now, I'm just saying it wouldn't really be that bizarre if he were to simply be engagement farming.

I believe stirring up the internet to drum up hype would not be out of character for a journalist whose articles (the better-known ones anyway) revolve around concepts/products that depend on a ton of hype to circulate.

It could possibly be that he has nothing to show right now and that post is a way of making sure he's still in the conversation, keeping eyes on him, stirring people up so that when there is something to talk about people are already all over him. Look what it's doing here. We weren't talking about him before that post, and now we have been for pages.

I'm not trying to say any of the above is definitive, he very well may be involved in something going on at Nintendo right now, I'm just saying it wouldn't really be that bizarre if he were to simply be engagement farming.
I guess? Idk, I think it's still odd behavior for a journalist of Bloomberg. Y'know, one of the biggest news sites on earth.

Even if they're baiting Nintendo weirdos like us, that still won't get as much traction as just writing a Nintendo news article, which he has done... a lot. Idk, I think it's weird for a Bloomberg journalist to bait this kind of thing. If it was an IGN journalist or Kotaku """journalist""" then sure, fine, but this just doesn't add up to me.

Probably best to just wait then. Maybe we'll get something when we get to Page 3000.

At least for this upcoming week, we have until Thursday to question the validity of Brazil with the supposed Indie showcase for March and as for Nash Weedle i guess we can simply humor his podcast findings where in my opinion it should be better than discussing Xbox handheld, 8nm, and Treegate 2.0 lol

We still don't know anything about why he was there? I'm getting suspicious.

If we end up getting something in march after all this pain I'm going to be funged as hell
Even assuming this is a next gen preview event, wouldn't they give the folks a week to write their article?

There's a way less than 1% chance of a reveal happening in March.

There's a way less than 1% chance of a reveal happening in March.
Me, having made a rather loud avatar bet that it'd be revealed in March:
245.gif

Nintendo Buildings & Locations Speculation & Discussion |ST| lol
Nintendo Buildings & Locations Speculation & Discussion |ST| Can't See The Forest For The Trees

Some of you all really went and done a full FBI investigation into a picture of a Bloomberg reporter's picture of a tree outside of a Nintendo building. You guys, your insanity brings a smile and a tear to my eyes!

considering how much of his info on nintendo has been fruitless it's definitely not a good look as a journalist. not sure why so many have decided that vagueposting and teasing is more respectable than being normal and writing a report.

we're so cooked

I legitimately have no idea, but, as an attempt at a counterpoint, why would Nintendo invite a business journalist to Nintendo's Development Complex? Why not the main offices if it were about business or business progress? Furthermore, why would they do this now instead of the earnings release, or the Financial Results briefings in May?

This entire situation is strange. If it turns out to be nothing, oh well, but I don't think it is.
Isn‘t their Main Office building like right around the corner? I‘ve no clue what they do in each of those buildings, but I could imagine that the newer one isn‘t exclusively for Development. For example it could be that they generally do all meetings with Media and co. in the new building instead of the old one. Or it could be that he simply was passing it by while going to the HQ.

Personally I believe he just was walking there for some reason and took this picture, I know that the place isn‘t super central, but it‘s also quite walkable given that there is a smaller train station nearby. And even then, it‘s not like he would have to do an odyssey to go there, it‘s like a 5 minutes train ride / 30-40 minutes walk from the Kyoto Central Station according to Google Maps.

Last edited:
Whatever something comes out of this or not, we atleast gained knowledge of the trees surrounding Nintendo‘s Hardware (and Software) Development, which could be a strategic advantage in the future.

This has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride, i think it already surpassed the NX days lol
for the NX we only started dealing with crazy rumor after rumor during 2016, for the Switch 2/pro we been dealing with rumors since 2020 and also Nintendo at least acknowledged the NX's existence while we still don't officially know if the Switch successor is real or not

If we had a lot, no-one would care about it. Its when we are starved, we obsess over stuff like this.

5 bucks it's just Mochi being weird as he was in the area

There is nothing to do in this area except Nintendo, pretty sure he didn't go to this specific Kyoto suburb for trolling, he's teasing something and prob got Nintendo blessing for it

Getting a raging clue

It's not over

Last edited:
Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom