• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

I am really confused.

In this thread I see a lot of talk about how easy it is to fake a leak.

This morning I saw a news article about a supposed NX2 leak where there are scroll wheels on the trigger buttons.

Is there correlation between the 2?

Link
Nintendo patented that a couple of years ago. It's probably the safest bet in a fake leaker's arsenal because it sounds specific, but is just regurgitating something people didn't see and then forgot if they did because Nintendo patents Vitality Sensor-type stuff all the time.

I am really confused.

In this thread I see a lot of talk about how easy it is to fake a leak.

This morning I saw a news article about a supposed NX2 leak where there are scroll wheels on the trigger buttons.

Is there correlation between the 2?

Link
It’s the TSA Agent “leak” from 4chan. Like with every rumor, take it with a grain of salt

We are so desesperate to get information and leaks that there are people who want to believe any false insider or any 4chan leak.

We need some shit leaked like the new switch case color before we lose our minds

midsommar-bear.gif
So much smoke!

*actually no smoke.

Love cognitive bias.

1. Post an image of a place crowded with fakes, and assume it really has a chance to be legit because reasons.
2. Post a tweet of a dataminer that says that he doesn't believe the image is true, but that maybe they're realeasing a new console "sooner rather than later".
3. Use that tweet as a proof that you were right, even though it explicitly says you're not.
4. Post a second tweet of that same guy, who argues why this console would sell well, with nothing about it regarding the previous topics, only refering to why they think it could be a good idea to release it soon.
5. Use it again to proof that you were right, and as so your image must be true.
6. Literally avoid the tweet between those two, in which explicity says that the image is most probably fake. You have 100% read them, but you decided to scrap it because it doesn't fit your mental narrative.

Either they're a troll or this is an extremely clear warning to take a step back and don't jump into conclusions.

Only correction- NWPlayer goes by she I believe.

Yes, anyone can register for a Nintendo Developer account instantly for free. Creating the picture by using inspect element is not breaking NDA.

The picture is extremely easy to fake, and I just showed you that on the previous page.

I'm deadly serious, and I'd like you to take me seriously

How did you access the Developer Support area with the dropdown without having the Switch area access rights ?

Also why your Switch icons are different from the 4chan possible fake leak it shows Joycons on the original ? Also your 3DS is showing two times ?

Impossible to access without being approved, did you lie by saying that anyone could access to this page and just fake a screenshot for the sake of it ?

Last edited:
How did you access the Developer Support area with the dropdown without having the Switch area access rights ?

Also why your Switch icons are different from the 4chan possible fake leak it shows Joycons on the original ?

Impossible to access without being approved, did you just fake a screenshot for the sake of it ?
he faked the screenshot to show how easily fakeable it would be, and if it would be there plane to see you don't think we would have had more leaks like that and people on twitter discussing?

Thats a save leak to do, since all registered developer would have access, and just sending a screenshot of that part is impossible to track down.

Essentially that type of leak, if its just from one source, it 99% fake.

Also why your Switch icons are different from the 4chan possible fake leak it shows Joycons on the original ? Also your 3DS is showing two times ?

Impossible to access without being approved, did you lie by saying that anyone could access to this page and just fake a screenshot for the sake of it ?

These all would have been good questions to ask before posting the original 4chan image, haha.

Man, just stops, it's getting embarrassing.
In a very short thread time, you already have more posts than most users here, and most of them are posts defending clearly false leaks.
Just sit and relax, our lifes don't depend on the release of Nintendo's next console.

he faked the screenshot to show how easily fakeable it would be, and if it would be there plane to see you don't think we would have had more leaks like that and people on twitter discussing?

Thats a save leak to do, since all registered developer would have access, and just sending a screenshot of that part is impossible to track down.

He said everyone can register an account and access to the page from 4chan which is false.

The page "Developer Support" with the dropdown menu with the platforms on the side and the icons you need to be manually approved by Nintendo to access to this page, he claimed everyone could access to it but he just did a photoshop of the 4chan photo, which is deceiving

Thats my point, you can register an account on the dev website but you can't access to the page "Developer Support" with the platforms dropdown on the side without being manually approved by Nintendo

The 4chan screenshot page is not possible to access if you haven't been granted access by Nintendo.

It proves that the 4chan screenshot comes from a dev account manually approved by Nintendo, NX 2 could have been added by inspect element possibly - unless a Dev with Switch access rights can confirm or not

Last edited:
Thats my point, you can register an account on the dev website but you can't access to the page "Developer Support" with the platforms dropdown on the side without being manually approved by Nintendo

The 4chan screenshot page is not possible to access if you haven't been granted access by Nintendo.

It proves that the 4chan screenshot comes from a dev account manually approved by Nintendo, NX 2 could have been added by inspect element possibly - unless a Dev with Switch access rights can confirm or not
You need to put a Wii Fit Balance Board on your head and spin seven times with at least four Wii U GamePad in your mouth and then try to say out loud :
"Inker Pink Tutur Pink".

All of those details are irrelevant.

Its ridiculously easy to fake that screenshot,
and if there is not one insider mentioning it or hinting towards it, then you can be sure that its fake, simply it would mean devs started to get access to dev tools, and that would leak.

And the moment devs start to get access to those pages,
enough would be there that there is NO risk in leaking such a screenshot, meaning people would be less worried about NDAs, since you cant track it back to its source.

It would arguably be easy to make different dev tools leaks, just take the switch ones, and change some lines with refferences, take a screenshot, and argue its for switch to. Take a unreal engine target manifest, and adapt it, and you have a switch 2 leak.

And why dont we hear people on the inside clear it up if its a legit leak?
Because there are to many fake leaks on 4chan, all the fucking time.
They only react if one of them actually is a leak, if its getting ignored, then you can be confident its fake.

All of those details are irrelevant.

Its ridiculously easy to fake that screenshot,
and if there is not one insider mentioning it or hinting towards it, then you can be sure that its fake, simply it would mean devs started to get access to dev tools, and that would leak.

And the moment devs start to get access to those pages,
enough would be there that there is NO risk in leaking such a screenshot, meaning people would be less worried about NDAs, since you cant track it back to its source.

It's not easy to fake that screenshot since you need access to "Developer Support" page in the first time which requires a manual application reviewed by Nintendo

You have to sign a heavy NDA associated to your name/company when registering on the developer portal, so I doubt a lot of people would chat about it

Yes it could be a Nintendo approved developer that added NX2 with inspected element, but please don't tell me everyone can access to this page because it's not true

It's not easy to fake that screenshot since you need access to "Developer Support" page in the first time which requires a manual application reviewed by Nintendo

You have to sign a heavy NDA associated to your name/company when registering on the developer portal, so I doubt a lot of people would chat about it

Yes it could be a Nintendo approved developer that added NX2 with inspected element, but please don't tell me everyone can access to this page because it's not true
Im not saying literary everybody can, but there are thousands of released games on switch, seeing how many of those games have more then 1 developer, you can guess that at least 10000 people can access those pages, probably more (having access does not mean you have actually published, just that you wanted to develop for it).

How the fuck would anybody track down who postet that screenshot?
So yeah, its not literary everybody, but enough trolls or clout chasers that have the chance. Devs are also just humans (and sometimes trolls).

FFS.

Just liked this posted (I think it was this one) in the office and forgot I'd turned my speakers up earlier. It resulted in a loud Korok 'Yahaha' going around the room and several people looking up.

As others have said, it seems easy to fake it and Nintendo doesn't need to grant access to that particular page. You can write anything you want even if you're not a developer.

Why don't you just move on from this and accept that it can be faked? It's getting too embarassing. Honestly, you make me want to join #Team2024 right now.

FFS.

Just liked this posted (I think it was this one) in the office and forgot I'd turned my speakers up earlier. It resulted in a loud Korok 'Yahaha' going around the room and several people looking up.
had that happen on my phone a few times at different places.
Yahaha is at least innocent, the "Evereybody whaaaat" is ... stranger i feel. xD

FFS.

Could have been worse (or better?) with the Everybody 1-2 Switch theme lol
I'm still using this one for some reason, I find it funny to follow the discussions while hearing "everybody whaaaat"
I want legitimate leaks and/or a reveal to happen in all of this yellow, purple & horse glory!

No access to Switch section, need to fill out a form and get approved - how did you guys access to it ? 🤔

Also why your Switch icons different from the supposedly fake 4chan screenshot ?
I went into the dev tools of the web page on my browser and changed the HTML to make it look like the menu had Switch options on it. I do not have access to the Switch section.

It's extremely easy, safe, and legal to change the client-side code of a web page in your browser and take a screenshot.

team 2023 is getting desperate. soon, we ALL move to team 2024 though they'll be dragged kicking & screaming with false hopes of Q1 2024.

Dev Kits getting out there isn't indicative of something coming in the next few months but it is encouraging for 2024.
The next step will be believe in the reveal at September's Direct.

Turns out the obvious that the NX2 portal thing was a fake thing...
The NWPlayer Tweet also a opinion and not an inside info as expected

Regarding the devkit reported from Nash Waddle = TRUE
About a potential July Nintendo news = Can be anything, my PERSONAL guess?
— Pokémon news

It is time for Toon Link to give up on that screenshot, it's been proven that it's likely fake multiple times. Or at least more fake than real since there is no proof to support that it's likely to be legit.

I already had doubts at "NX2" since codenames simply do not work that way for Nintendo. Like actually naming it NX2 kills the entire point of a codename lol. You would be able to guess exactly what it is they're attempting to conceal.

This will be my response to the pic from now on:

a5e8c280-66cd-436f-9f28-e390c9a1b8ee_text.gif

They removed my posts from the subreddit, last night. It was fun while it lasted 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On another note, looks like everything's calmed down now.

They deleted it, what did it say?

It was from Nash Weedle (@NWeedle), the spanish “leaker”.

Retweeted one of the tweets about the developer page saying: Algunos tenían dudas, creo que esto despeja muchas de esas dudas…

Or

Some had doubts, I think this clears up many of those doubts...

Basically trying to validate their own rumours with fake stuff lol

Retweeted one of the tweets about the developer page saying: Algunos tenían dudas, creo que esto despeja muchas de esas dudas…

Or

Some had doubts, I think this clears up many of those doubts...

Basically trying to validate their own rumours with fake stuff lol
Huh, so does this mean that Nash Weedle is a fake then?

Huh, so does this mean that Nash Weedle is a fake then?
Apparently he has shared a bunch of false stuff in the past, but also managed to leak Metroid Dread (notably calling it Metroid Dread, not "Metroid 5" or just "new 2D Metroid") before anyone else that I know of.

So he's either full of shit or he occasionally gets real info while also getting lots of fake info.

Apparently he has shared a bunch of false stuff in the past, but also managed to leak Metroid Dread (notably calling it Metroid Dread, not "Metroid 5" or just "new 2D Metroid") before anyone else that I know of.

So he's either full of shit or he occasionally gets real info while also getting lots of fake info.
fwiw the title "Metroid Dread" had been floating around for like 15 years so it could just have been an informed guess

Here's an IGN article from 2007 with the title in it

fwiw the title "Metroid Dread" had been floating around for like 15 years so it could just have been an informed guess
While is a common sense that we have a lot of people wanting attention with info nowadays, I don't think you can just catch a info from 15 years and toss on the web occasionally pretending to be real someday

It proves that the 4chan screenshot comes from a dev account manually approved by Nintendo
"bellydrum faking a screenshot to show how easy it is to fake a screenshot proves the screenshot I posted is real" is a hell of a conclusion to jump to dude.

And that's coming from the guy who actually did simply load your screenshot into photoshop and play with it.

actually corel photopaint but still

Here's an IGN article from 2007 with the title in it
Yes, I know about the cancelled DS game, however nobody referred to the rumored Switch Metroid game as Metroid Dread before him AFAIK.

And with good reason, because anyone rumoring "Metroid Dread" as a Switch title in 2020-2021 would've been laughed at and ridiculed. Who in their right minds would guess Nintendo would've revisited a very well-known public cancellation like that?

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom