• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

According to the protocol handbook, I'm pretty sure you're meant to assure the unsuspecting denizens that this is very, very legit and you verified it yourself.

But you must be incredibly cagey about where you found it and how you ensured its veracity.
Too late on that end. Most of the comments have been scoffing at the leak. Thankfully, they're not that gullible.

Edit: Typo. God Damn these meaty fingers of mine!

@P4bl0 it's incredibly easy to make an image like that. I was in bed, saw this thread, ran downstairs, whipped up those pictures I posted above, and posted it before my spouse could ask what the heck I was doing

Did you actually register for a developer account ?

Trolling is fun I guess but can we keep it serious ?

Whether the 4chan leak is real or fake, it still implies a developer risked his NDA to do it, I think everyone can have their own beliefs if it’s real or fake without being talked down, I don’t like this attitude

Next time there is a leak or rumor I’ll add a disclaimer since every post have huge impact here

Whether the 4chan leak is real or fake, it still implies a developer risked his NDA to do it, I think everyone can have their own beliefs if it’s real or fake without being talked down, I don’t like this attitude
Unstoppable force meets immovable object

Yes, anyone can register for a Nintendo Developer account instantly for free. Creating the picture by using inspect element is not breaking NDA.

The picture is extremely easy to fake, and I just showed you that on the previous page.

I'm deadly serious, and I'd like you to take me seriously

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
da5d967f2ff0457491f39eae9cdf1789.gif

When I posted earlier about how many devs have access to Switch dev kits (many), what I also meant is that developers are also human beings and capable of dumb jokes... and leaks. Yeah it can be shocking that leaks can happen from developers and break NDAs... just as much as developers can actually just joke around it.

And then there's the fact anyone can make a developer account and while you don't necessarily get access to Switch development stuff... you can still access pages... and do inspect element.

Serious like how you posted a photo you found on a shady twitter account of an old Switch prototype, called it "a rare look at a Switch devkit," (even though we already know what devkits looked like and that wasn't it) and when I asked you where you found it you said you couldn't say but that you were in Japan, almost like you were trying to insinuate you had managed to go to Japan and snap shots of some special Switch devkit? That kind of serious?

I don’t like this attitude
Honestly me either

When I posted earlier about how many devs have access to Switch dev kits (many), what I also meant is that developers are also human beings and capable of dumb jokes... and leaks. Yeah it can be shocking that leaks can happen from developers and break NDAs... just as much as developers can actually just joke around it.

And then there's the fact anyone can make a developer account and while you don't necessarily get access to Switch development stuff... you can still access pages... and do inspect element.
1688572255510.png

Attachments

• B54D3857-E86D-4D77-AA85-3F7203BC1B18.png
    B54D3857-E86D-4D77-AA85-3F7203BC1B18.png
    441.3 KB · Views: 1,186
Before this thread goes viral again, I just want to say that while the Nintendo Switch is cool... I'm still waiting for the NX to be revealed. :ninja:
SuperMetalDave is waiting too.
Pablo, honey

uto0e8sc5d071.jpg
I let out a chuckle.
I despise this and love it at the same time.

If we don’t see anything by September, 2023 dream is dead imo
It died even more with this fake leak. it’s dead Jim. Dead.
Whether the 4chan leak is real or fake, it still implies a developer risked his NDA to do it
no…. Not really. Do not fall for everything that appears to come out of 4Chan.

I beg you all, on my knees with my forehead touching the ground, to assume this is fake and move on. Do not even entertain this for one second. Just wait until the official reveal.

Just assume 2024 and leave it be.

I BEG😭.

(I’m assuming most if not all of you think this is fake)

istg if it’s real, I’m going to eat my shoe.
I assume it's 2025 to avoid the pain, with late 2025 being possible.

4chan is laughing at us and they are even bigger losers than we are. Can someone please post something legitimate in this thread? Like the old days?

It’s coming out in 2023.

“It” is a TV only Switch model. It’ll be $179.99.

Switch 2 is $399.99 and comes out in 2024. OLED Model drops to $249.99 around that time and sticks around for a year or two.

Not a leak. Just a guess.

4chan is laughing at us and they are even bigger losers than we are. Can someone please post something legitimate in this thread? Like the old days?

Alright Lurkers I confess it was me all along. The Nvidia Hack fake! Linux comments fake! Even every insider all their sources are just various personas I made up. Drake switch2 Redacted what ever you want to call it is not real it never was. All one big elaborate troll move. I hope you enjoy 5 more years with the Nintendo switch

The Switch 2? It already released... you just have to find it

gol_d__roger_s_execution_by_l_dawg211_dehwarq-pre.jpg
"These words sent countless souls to web, in search for games greater than they have ever dared to imagine. This time was known as the Great Redrakted Era."

Last edited:
I don't even care that I don't really believe 2023 deep down, it would be hype and that's what matters. But bold claims require bold evidence. Its not on us to disprove a 4 chan UI image edit lmao. This type of "leak" doesn't even tell us anything. Its likely dev kits and development software exist already in some capacity, sadly that doesn't confirm a new console is right around the corner, given Ninty's love of sitting on stuff, but leaks might come soon enough,
I personally cannot wait for the fake 3d renders and stuff that come later on, those are fun. Even the scroller meme, at least drives discussion on how it might be used.

Also, yeah If a home only switch with a pro controller were to exist it would probably be in the 170 USD Range, merely $30 less than the switch lite for the same hardware (imagine how teeny a home only switch could be) Since Ninty would need a new production pipeline, and wouldn't bother without a larger premium. Honestly I still might've bought one, since a pro controller is pretty pricey and joycons aren't great.

Next time there is a leak or rumor I’ll add a disclaimer since every post have huge impact here
It sounds like it was more to make a point than to troll, though trolling might have been, perhaps, a cathartic side effect -- the sort one finds listed in tiny font or spoken at inhuman speeds in medicine advertisements, right next to lethargy and the lack of ability to operate heavy machinery.

I think the crux of things here is that people can have their beliefs whether it's real or fake, but in the end it's one of the two, and it makes sense to try to discern which outcome is the more likely. And, while I haven't really stopped into this thread in a while -- it seems like I picked a great time to do that again, though it sounds like I've missed a lot -- it appears this is a recurring dynamic.

In the absence of further verification, there's simply no compelling reason to believe in the validity of this alleged leak.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Buddy, if someone mentioned information inside [ hide ] tags, you're meant to keep it inside those tags going forward. You can hide a whole message by adding [hide ] without spaces at the start of it.

(That said, you're absolutely right, though I think the Sharp LCD displays are probably for Sony Project Q.)
i still believe the Sharp thing was for Nintendo as it wasn't for a 2023 product. trial production was said to be happening this FY with presumably full-scale in the next one, just in time for Switch 2.

All joking aside. I personally do believe 2024 is looking more and more likely. Gamescom and TGS are just places for Nintendo to conduct business behind closed doors, and perhaps we'll get the first real murmurs of next-gen hardware this summer and autumn. Perhaps not outright confirmation straight from the source, but more rumblings. A reminder that all the hardware leaks we've got in the Switch era had massive rumors surrounding them, from the Switch Lite (then Switch Mini), the v2, and OLED (which is now believed to be salvaged from a planned Pro model). Right when you introduce way more third parties into the mix, it's impossible to plug every single leak. You can certainly try, but it's very hard at best and basically impossible otherwise.

So for the time being, I will just go back to playing video games to seal myself into the hyperbolic time chamber. And before I know it, next gen will be here and I'll be dancing.

That Pablo guy was adamant on replying to every post that questioned that Nintendo developer portable "leak". It seemed obvious he was trolling.

Last edited:
What if the switch 2 isn't next and they try to re release the pro? (I know this doesn't really make sense I'm just trying to start discussion)
Edit: changed wording

before the switch leaked we had the controller with the tree in the reflection that will forever be something we always remember....

now we have this.

Well done guys lol

Now that that arc is finished, here's something I wanna ask. Do you think Redrakted will have accessibility features like the PS5? They've become more popular and coveted over the years. Nintendo could definitely benefit from stuff like that, imo.

I always thought that "leak" was fake. Every codename Nintendo makes is different for every console. Like Gamecube's "Dolphin", Wii's "Revolution", and Wii U's "Café".

Plus, as folks have shown, it's relatively easy to register in the developer portal and do easy inspect element edits.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom