• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

With that said, Nintendo has rebranded a line while keeping compatibility before; Nintendo DS.
They still called it 3DS. They didn't change the DS name at all.

It was also pretty much the DS3. DS -> DSi -> 3DS.

It just happened to also have the 3D functionality so it made for clever word play.

Calling the Switch 2 the Attach is completely changing the branding and it doesn't make sense.

They still called it 3DS. They didn't change the DS name at all.

It was also pretty much the DS3. DS -> DSi -> 3DS.

It just happened to also have the 3D functionality so it made for clever word play.

Calling the Switch 2 the Attach is completely changing the branding and it doesn't make sense.
Pretty sure Concernt meant GBA to DS.

But then again, the name was related to the new concept of 2 screens. If there is no new concept this time, 2 is a good name.

Virtual Boy
3DS
Labo VR

Sure, you can say that Stereoscopic 3D or VR didn't had that much of an audience, but Nintendo still went through with this. Sure the Virtual Boy was a flop, and the 3D of 3DS wasn't much used by the playerbase iirc, they still went with Switch and Labo to some sort of VR goggles. Heck outside of those, and maybe developed by Namco, there was even an exclusive Mario Kart Arcade GP VR, and the gamecube had planned a cancelled LCD screen that had 3D capabilities for games like Luigi's Mansion.

And I still believe Nintendo wants to go through with the idea of 3D gaming.
I just want to grab back my previous post earlier today, and with what Nintendo had been doing through the years with 3D imaging, I do can see they'll make actual VR headset or maybe a Stereoscopic 3D Headset like my concept. I can be totally wrong ofcourse, due to there is a small fanbase for it, but Nintendo did experimented with it many times. Although I believe VR is prolly something what most of the fanbase isn't much fond of, as of hopes of new gimmicks and the like, Nintendo most of the time is all about great gameplay, and I do think Nintendo can make a good effort with VR actually.

Whether it be just the plain simple Stereoscopic 3D Headset, or a fully VR Headset, it is really what I like to see actually.

Just with what been reported about a new front button, gives me a bit of hope for this.
What if that new front button would be used to stream the gameplay into 3D or VR Headset. Like I mentioned in my concept, only with just the press of a button. đź‘€
image.png

image.png

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom