• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Mar. 2024|

Joedev

Shriekbat
1ZCpGVp.png

71fa9012c3b01adbe3e94f0817b8069369f3aaa1f3ce8a2e85a0f49f8d35fda4

Mar 06 - Berserk Boy

2baa5d3d9da5a2dcb1862fdbe9310511c4c7e73591a7e9e98cdb89bf87aaa4d0

Mar 07 - Astro Duel 2

f0ed56796a69d6ee0543c38530e505c647c324bf92c51c6bdab9a1905185f680

Mar 13 - Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story

f0a0f52e62e9a4a61fbb601f04f2673867e702f0779040c9c7af2aa9c5d2ab80

Mar 14 - Dungeon Drafters

706fc28c699206027ed8ae015073bc65dd5018abe7b15cb623175006209b5ee6

Mar 14 - GYLT

ss_d86723fc7a25ef3c8d98039aa09230829583f002.1920x1080.jpg

Mar 14 - Rebel Transmute

abce5455ba2abd6c6058ef2e941a95852207ecba4dcbe89591b7fea8489329c5

Mar 28 - Pepper Grinder

All Releases

Week 1
Mar 01 Bowling Fever Deluxe Edition
Mar 01 Cricket Through the Ages
Mar 01 DIY Fashion Star
Mar 01 Expeditions: A MudRunner Game - Supreme Edition
Mar 01 Expeditions: A MudRunner Game - Year 1 Edition
Mar 01 Helicopter Simulator : RESCUE SIM
Mar 01 One More Dungeon 2
Mar 01 Sculpt People
Mar 01 Ufouria 2: The Saga
Mar 01 Virus Rush
Mar 02 Buggy Race - Racing Master
Mar 02 Gravityscape DX
Mar 02 Pool Together 2
Mar 02 The Nom: Complete Edition
Mar 03 Crazy Goose Simulator
Mar 03 Frozen Honey ASMR: Complete Edition
--

Week 2
Mar 05 Expeditions: A MudRunner Game
Mar 05 Mediterranea Inferno
Mar 05 Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition
Mar 06 10 Seconds to Win!
Mar 06 Berserk Boy
Mar 06 Cat and Ghostly Road
Mar 06 Diamond Hands: To The Moon
Mar 06 Hellstuck: Rage With Your Friends
Mar 06 Hex Gambit: Respawned
Mar 06 Rage Quit Bundle
Mar 07 Ancient Weapon Holly
Mar 07 Astro Duel 2
Mar 07 Become The Wild
Mar 07 Chip and Charge
Mar 07 Eldgear
Mar 07 New Star GP
Mar 07 Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley
Mar 07 Top Racer Collection
Mar 07 TV Studio Story
Mar 08 Bang-On Balls: Chronicles Deluxe Edition
Mar 08 Bubble Fresh Fruits
Mar 08 Buggy Off-Road Racing
Mar 08 Car Racing Ice - Classic
Mar 08 DateJournal
Mar 08 Dentist Bling
Mar 08 Flame Keeper + Space Cows
Mar 08 Knights & Guns GOTY Edition
Mar 08 Little Racers + Red Wings: American Aces
Mar 08 Neon On!
Mar 08 PAW Patrol: Grand Prix - Complete Edition
Mar 08 Stolen Realm
Mar 08 Toon Roads : Race & Drift
Mar 08 Unicorn Overlord
Mar 08 Unicorn Overlord Monarch Edition
Mar 08 Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron
Mar 08 Xatrom Command
Mar 09 Cat Survivors
Mar 09 Gunsmith Workshop Simulator
Mar 10 Bad Cat Sam Simulator
--

Week 3
Mar 11 Death of a Wish
Mar 11 Paradiso Series Bundle
Mar 12 Contra: Operation Galuga
Mar 12 Passing By - A Tailwind Journey
Mar 13 Cybertrash STATYX
Mar 13 Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story
Mar 13 Violet Wisteria
Mar 14 Anime Girls: Sun of a Beach
Mar 14 Corbid! A Colorful Adventure
Mar 14 Death Trick: Double Blind
Mar 14 Dungeon Drafters
Mar 14 Fantastical Mystery Adventure Ultimate Jumbo Jet Murder Case
Mar 14 Garden Life - Garden Party Edition
Mar 14 Garden Life: A Cozy Simulator
Mar 14 GYLT
Mar 14 Highwater
Mar 14 Lawn Mowing Simulator
Mar 14 Lawn Mowing Simulator - Landmark Edition
Mar 14 Lazriel: The Demon's Fall
Mar 14 Monster Tribe
Mar 14 Rebel Transmute
Mar 14 Sphinx - Riddles of the Nile
Mar 14 STAR WARS: Battlefront Classic Collection
Mar 14 UNABLES
Mar 15 Baron of Blood
Mar 15 Kingdom Come Deliverance: Royal Edition
Mar 15 MLB® The Show 24 - Digital Deluxe Edition
Mar 15 MLB® The Show 24 MVP Edition
Mar 15 PJ Masks Power Heroes: Mighty Alliance
Mar 15 Rainbow Moon
Mar 15 Rainbow Moon + Rainbow Skies Strategy RPG Bundle
Mar 16 Truck and Forklift Logistic Simulator
--

Week 4
Mar 19 MLB® The Show 24
Mar 20 Master Maker 3D Ultimate
Mar 20 Power of Ten
Mar 21 Attack of the Karens
Mar 21 Bad Chicken
Mar 21 Krimson
Mar 21 Pull The Pin: Ball Physic Puzzle
Mar 21 Scott Whiskers in: the Search for Mr. Fumbleclaw
Mar 22 Princess Peach: Showtime!
Mar 22 The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered
Mar 22 Virtual Girlfriend Dating Simulator
--

Week 5
Mar 26 Farming Simulator Kids
Mar 26 SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY!
Mar 27 Sunny Café
Mar 28 Blind Shot
Mar 28 Contraptions Collection
Mar 28 Monster Panic
Mar 28 OTXO
Mar 28 Outward Definitive Edition
Mar 28 Pepper Grinder
Mar 28 The World After
Mar 28 Touch Detective 3 + The Complete Case Files
Mar 28 UNI2 - Season Pass
Mar 29 3D Printer - PrintMaster Simulator

Previous Threads

2021 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Nov Dec
2022 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2023 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2024 Jan Feb --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Thank you so much for always making these threads @Joedev!

Definitely want to check out the Pepper Grinder demo and I'm really keen on getting Ufouria 2 in the near future. Would love to hear impressions from anyone playing it.

In the meantime, I just saw on Deku Deals that the sublime DKC-esque Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is on sale for a mere three bucks.

One of my all-time favorite platformers, if you have any interest in trying it this is an incredible steal IMO!

It's March. I am rocking my Grape avatar. It's almost time for Princess Peach! Yes!

Planning on picking up Pepper Grinder too, I thought the demo was 🔥

Thank you so much for always making these threads @Joedev!

I enjoy making them and really appreciate everyone participating with their impressions and what they are excited about.

I was fairly lukewarm on the Splatoon 3 DLC initially, but it's gotten it's hooks in me and I'm now trying to see how many different weapons I can clear it with. I doubt I'll get through all of them, but it'll keep me busy till Unicorn Overlord.

Also will likely get Pepper Grinder - the demo was fun and it seems like it would be a good game to slowly work through.

I was thinking that I would get Astro Duel 2 to play with my kids, but it is apparently the next free game on Epic, so I'll probably get it there.

This is gonna be the one of the most expensive months in a long time and I love it. This could be one of the last ones in the Switch era.

Planning to get:
Unicorn Overlord - Yeah demo absolutely sold me. The game is fresh as hell. Like nothing I played before (well, it does remind me of M&M Heroes a little)
Princess Peach
Legend of Legacy - I actually skipped this on 3DS but got Alliance Alive. Perfect opportunity to fix that wrong.
Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection - I've been waiting for this moment for a long time! I'm gonna lose soooo many Command Posts!
Kingdom Come Deliverance - I loved a one full hour I played this for on game Pass. I trust Saber, this is gonna be one the best looking games on Switch.
Outward - Another game I loved what I saw on Game Pass. Let's see how it'll perform here.
Contra Operation Galuga - Contra 4 was one of DS's best ever games for me, will it repeat that feat? I feel like it will!
Expeditions A Mudrunner Game - For someone who played the crap out of Mud and Snowrunner games, buying this is inevitable.
Snow Park South Day - I love SP and this looks fun. Remind sme the game on N64.
Pepper Grinder - Another game the demo absolutely sold me the premise. My analog sticks is gonna hurt playing this but what the hell.
Touch Detective Collection - SUCCESS is back baby!
GYLT - I love the devs, played their two other games on Switch and quite like it. Heard good things about this, their attempt in "cute horror" genre.

Waiting for reviews:
Snufkin (not familiar with moomin-verse but this looks very good)
Death Trick Double Blind
Berserk Boy
Highwater

It's March. I am rocking my Grape avatar. It's almost time for Princess Peach! Yes!

Planning on picking up Pepper Grinder too, I thought the demo was 🔥
Grape!! I don't even know the design well enough yet to have recognized that but I'm psyched! I really hope it is a Good-Feel game and a compelling experience. Just like the recent reviews indicate about Ufouria 2 being like Kirby's Epic Yarn in a good way, I would love a copy and engaging platformer. A game being adorable and engaging will definitely make me totally good with a lack of intense challenge.

Heck, I'd say that applies to the majority of Mario Wonder, too. I really enjoyed the game but definitely found the levels and especially the main collectibles much easier than NSMB Wii and Wii U.

death of a wish on the 11th!! wahoo
touch detective at the end of the month is very exciting too

I had no clue Expeditions was out so soon. i'll probably still play Snowrunner first at some point though

Interested in Death Trick Double Blind, that was intriguing when we saw it last year.

Otherwise, Unicorn Overlord is a definite after playing the demo that did its job of easing me in past an intimidating amount of stats and options. Legend of Legacy I skipped on 3DS so I’ll try that too.

Still wondering whether I want a physical copy of Contra or not. Will probably wait for patches and a sale as I’ve got loads to play.

Pepper Grinder also looks really good. And Rebel Transmute.

So many good games, my wishlist expands at least four times faster than I can play them.

Looks like this month has been brought to me by Lisa Frank - my gaming time will be filled with Princesses and Unicorns.

I couldn't resist Expeditions: Mudrunner since I got addicted to Snowrunner and overall it's been a better experience with all the new tools and that you aren't just delviering stuff (there are some delivery jobs, but they are more exciting now).

Also gonnaget unicorn overlord

Thank you again @Joedev for these monthly threads. I'm mostly eyeing Princess Peach Showtime, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it this month. I hit a bit of a gaming slump last month, so I intend on polishing off a few more titles in the backlog for March.

This month is too much of a killer for me

Unicorn Overlord, Princess Peach and Pepper Grinder are likely my gets for the month

I still have to try the Death Trick Double Blind demo and I will put Touch Detective on my wishlist. If Touch Detective came out in a slower month it would be day one for me, but I'm trying not to buy too much in one month. Process on my backlog has actually been going well and I feel Peach and Pepper Grinder will most likely not be huge timesinks

Thanks for the thread as usual!

Ahh so this is the month where I start to fall behind this year. March is coming for my wallet.

Unicorn Overlord and Princess Peach Showtime are the big hitters. Admittedly I'm on the fence about Showtime. On the other hand Unicorn Overlord lines up perfectly with my goal to play more strategy games this year.

For sure: Berserk Boy, Unicorn Overlord, Dungeon Drafters, Touch Detective 3 and Pepper Grinder.

Maybe: Snufkin Melody of Moominvalley and Princess Peach Showtime.

Big ups to @Joedev for these monthly threads!

Thanks again for the thread, very helpful.

Definitely getting Pepper Grinder, loved the demo. Hoping the gameplay can stay fresh over the course of a whole game.

Astro Duel 2 looks interesting there as well. Will keep a sneaky eye on that one as well.

Hmmm Mighty switch force collection and Freedom Planet are both on sale and tempting me

Really enjoyed the former in the 3ds days, and the second I had as a freebie on wiiu that wasn’t bad

Snufkin is good. Very good for Moomin fans and children. It nails the atmosphere and humour. There's no real challenge but thats not what the game is about. Nice and relaxed moomin story. Great to play with a child.

An indie world is apparently dropping later this month. Any games you'd like to see announced for Switch?

Slay the Princess
Pizza Tower

Those are two I'd like.

Oh, Noita is another.

Cobalt Core is on sale for 20% off. I wish there was a demo but from everything I've read it should hopefully scratch the Dicey Dungeons itch while being its own thing. Looking forward to trying it when we complete our current games, Shovel Knight Dig and Four Swords Adventures.

The Vale: Shadow of the Crown is releasing on Switch this Thursday, at least in EU. It has a really interesting concept, an adventure game where you play as a blind person and the gameplay is fully audio-based

I had heard about it before, but it was only available on PC and Xbox at the time. The name is somewhat generic so I'm glad I still spotted it from the releases.

Vampire Survivors Game Trial can now be played in Europe, if you have online subscription

Edit: Also on Sales with DLC lowest price yet.

Last edited:
Framerate purists are gonna murder this game for not having locked 30 fps. Should have gotten used by now, Switch games with good framerate is an absolute rarity.
Even the versions on beefier hardware had their issues, iirc.

Gimmick! is on sale. Is it a good port? I've been interested in playing it for ages.

Had missed this announcement. It's a puzzle strategy game with Minesweeper gameplay, very positive user reviews on Steam.

Had missed this announcement. It's a puzzle strategy game with Minesweeper gameplay, very positive user reviews on Steam.

I was just coming here to post this. I played a steam demo a while back and thought it great and would be a good fit for switch, so I'm excited that it's coming. It definitely feels like a hidden gem, as I don't think many people are aware of it despite the great reviews.

Just saw that Powerwash Simulator gave a glimpse of their roadmap this year:

3 Paid dlcs to come
3 free seasonal content additions
2 free content additions

Love the game so I'm very excited about this

Hi guys, we are holding a giveaway contest on our Italian website, for a EU Switch eShop code of STOLEN REALM:
to join us it's enough to leave a comment on our page:

Stolen Realm giveaway (EU)

To participate, comements left until next Sunday, March 24th are valid :)

Across the Obelisk had a surprise Switch release today. It's a somewhat popular roguelike deck-builder, with a particularly notable feature that it is co-op (online only). I haven't played it, but I've been interested in it.

Also, Stacklands is coming to Switch next week. Always wanted to give this a shot.

A surprise sale appeared on the European eShop today. Pentiment, the new Prince of Persia and nine other games on my wishlist are on sale 😅

Tails of Iron is 80% off in the current eShop sale, costs only 5€ in EU.

I'm one of those Switch icons obsessed and can't find this one. Would someone show me the actual Tails of Iron's Switch menu icon, please?

I don't own it, so I can't say for sure. The one I posted is what it shows on the EU eshop, which I thought was always the icon, but maybe I'm mistaken and there are cases where that isn't true.
You're definitely mistaken, unfortunately.

The eShop one is anything but reliable, the actual icon you see on your Switch home menu screen can be different a lot of times. There's a reason that guy carries on a web page with over 11k icons.

I guess you could buy the game, hopefully enjoy it, and once completed, delete it from your system, purging the ugly icon from your Switch
That's a good idea.
Or I could play one of the gazillion games I own already and pass on this one. I was particularly tempted by the huge discount and little else.
Nobody gets hurt, really. You know, digital collections are still collections, aren't them? The icon is the only graphic element representing the game in this particular collection. I love my Switch digital collection, I love my games with their lovely icons.

Back
Top Bottom