• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Jan. 2024|

Joedev

Shriekbat
pByPfUT.png

ss_273d4a489c3aed1d0b14798ec1f6c3f8506536e4.1920x1080.jpg

Jan 11 - Laika: Aged Through Blood

86d46b3339433e77e5134c8cef17cb05f3a01a969440064e05f573cd8e1f32fc

Jan 12 - Grotto

8878c84db2f489f02c9b1011f27709b8325aee1beffca5b8384eb9c61765a61d

Jan 15 - Legend of Grimrock

edd8f0dc8ce2153da942f8bbcf37fae8ac4273d2691a929c3e1c7baf3fe84ba7

Jan 18 - Choo-Choo Charles

2c457ad0e2773ffc186bf58fa84732a935db4d986b41b6f4aa21243aa72b0fbe

Jan 18 - Turnip Boy Robs a Bank

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Week 1
Jan 02 Truck Simulator 2024 - USA Driver Zone
Jan 04 Forbidden Ghost Photo
Jan 04 Lonesome Village + A Tiny Sticker Tale Bundle
Jan 04 The Spy Who Shot Me
Jan 05 Arcade Game Zone
Jan 05 Electrician Simulator
Jan 05 Shivering Stone
Jan 05 Tools Up! Ultimate Edition
Jan 06 Isolated
--

Week 2
Jan 10 Cafe Owner Simulator
Jan 10 Cynthia: Hidden in the Moonshadow
Jan 10 Cynthia: Hidden in the Moonshadow - Complete Edition
Jan 10 Ikkarus and the Prince of Sin
Jan 11 8-Colors Star Guardians +
Jan 11 Laika: Aged Through Blood
Jan 11 nGolf
Jan 11 Top Racer Collection
Jan 11 Wild Seas
Jan 12 Coin Rush
Jan 12 Cooking Arena - 4 in 1 Edition
Jan 12 Frogsong
Jan 12 Grotto
Jan 12 Kitten Hero
Jan 12 Shinorubi
--

Week 3
Jan 15 Legend of Grimrock
Jan 15 Prince of Persia The Lost Crown Deluxe Edition
Jan 15 Ultimate Racing 2D 2
Jan 17 Nephenthesys
Jan 18 Choo-Choo Charles
Jan 18 Prince of Persia The Lost Crown
Jan 18 Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
Jan 18 Vigour
Jan 19 Another Code: Recollection
Jan 19 The Cub
Jan 20 Monster Truck Freestyle
--

Week 4
Jan 23 Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters
Jan 23 Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters Deluxe Bundle
Jan 23 Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters Digital Art Book
Jan 23 Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters Digital Soundtrack
Jan 25 Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Jan 25 Arcade Tycoon
Jan 25 Chip's Challenge
Jan 25 Evil Nun: The Broken Mask
Jan 25 Selling Souls
Jan 25 UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH II Sys:Celes
Jan 25 UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH II Sys:Celes Deluxe Edition
--

Week 5
Jan 31 Big Watermelon Match
Jan 31 KUBIC
Jan 31 Seven

Previous Threads

2021 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Nov Dec
2022 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2023 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

I apologize for getting this up a day later than usual, I've been a little slow getting things going again after being off work for a couple weeks. I was surprised at how light the release slate for this month is, specifically when it comes to smaller stuff. For the first time in the last 2 years, I couldn't really come up with many titles to highlight, which is why is there is so few highlighted.

As for my purchases this month, probably just Prince of Persia, thanks to the Best Buy B2G1 deal. I've been really craving a metroidvania to dive into, so hopefully this ends up being good.

One of my goals for 2024 is buy less games and instead focus on playing and finishing games I already have. I'm currently playing through Jedi Survivor and Dragon Quest Monsters, so those both should keep me busy for a while.

What are you all most looking forward to in 2024? Do you have any gaming related resolutions or goals for the new year?

Definitely getting Under-Night in Birth II and Prince of Persia. Both look amazing!

Thanks again for the eshop threads, @Joedev! I went wild on the sale last December, so I have a treasure trove of games to dig through for the moment. From the upcoming slate though: Legend of Grimrock was a solid dungeon crawler that I wouldn't mind buying again, surprised that Turnip Boy is getting a sequel, Under Night In-Birth should be fun, and holy crap is that CHIP'S CHALLENGE coming to Switch?! Dayum now that's a gargle of nostalgia.

Slow month but Januarys always are the slow months. A packed February always follows that.

Def getting:
Another Code Recollection (super hyped!)
Prince of Persia Lost Crown
Neptunia Sisters vs Sisters (please run well!)
Legend of Grimrock
Under Night In Birth 3
Laika Aged Through Blood.

Getting if it gets released this month:
Hitman Blood Money Reprisal
Endless Dungeon

Need to see some reviews first:
Turnip Boy definitely goes to jail this time

As far as I know I'm only getting Apollo and Another Code but both physical. Prince of Persia I'm waiting for a deep discount unless it turns out bad then not getting it.

Prince of Persia is the big one for me, my first new release game of 2024.

Also, while not listed, looking at Eastward: Octopia, planned to release on Jan 31st. I didn't love Eastward but I'm interested in a farm-sim expansion, lol. It requires Eastward, not a stand-alone DLC, so I'm hoping it's cheap-ish.

Last edited:
I still havenā€™t played Legend of Grimrock, I think Iā€™ll pick that up and pop Prince of Persia on the wishlist for now

The only game I'm for sure getting is Another Code, though I might grab the physical release of the Apollo trilogy too. From Christmas I've got Super Mario RPG, Sonic Superstars, Theatrhythm and Pikmin 4 to go through so January is pretty full for me already.

Thanks for the thread. I'm looking forward to Another Code, but aside from that, I'm set on stuff to play for a bit. I had been playing Pokemon Violet again recently because of the DLC. I just finished playing through Rytmos, which I liked (thanks for suggesting it in the previous thread @SuperCharlie78 ). I also purchased Far: Changing Tides since I liked the first one. I still have to finish Rogue Legacy 2, and have the Baten Kaitos 1+2 remasters to play through, plus Dragon Quest Monsters and Metroid Prime Remastered which I received as Christmas gifts. I'd like to play the Apollo Justice trilogy at some point too, but will probably hold off until those go on sale, since I do have all of those from the original releases. It definitely would be nice to have them all in the same place though.

FINALLY! Coming later this month after all that wait:

Epic gave this for free but I still might get it on Switch. I haven't installed Windows on my Steam Deck and have no intention to do so.

These threads are epic. Thank you!

For the Shiren the Wanderer fans (all 8 of us), Dekudeals has the Japanese release as January 25 which got me excited.
It turns out that the English release will be on February 27.

Looking forward to another year of eShop gems, thank you @Joedev and everyone who participates here.

We beat Chants of Sennaar a few days ago. Overall, I really loved the vast majority of the game. I thank @Enpsty again for the recommendation. The language-deciphering puzzle solving was sublime. At its core the game is a highly engaging PnC blended with brilliant linguistic puzzling, both of which rely heavily on meaningful and deeply considered context and world-building. The themes and story were compelling and thought-provoking, and the OST was excellent.

Looking forward to another year of eShop gems, thank you @Joedev and everyone who participates here.

We beat Chants of Sennaar a few days ago. Overall, I really loved the vast majority of the game. I thank @Enpsty again for the recommendation. The language-deciphering puzzle solving was sublime. At its core the game is a highly engaging PnC blended with brilliant linguistic puzzling, both of which rely heavily on meaningful and deeply considered context and world-building. The themes and story were compelling and thought-provoking, and the OST was excellent.
You might be interested in Heaven's Vault from a year or two ago. It's another "decipher the language" adventure/puzzle game that explores how language evolves throughout generations.

Though I'd understand not wanting to play two of these back-to-back.

Heaven's Vault is among my all time favourites. Such an adventure, wonderful environments and a great sense of mystery. I rarely get into video game stories, but there's something about Inkle that always works for me.

Chants of Sennaar was definitely a standout game last year, and I'm glad to see people play and discuss it.

You might be interested in Heaven's Vault from a year or two ago. It's another "decipher the language" adventure/puzzle game that explores how language evolves throughout generations.

Though I'd understand not wanting to play two of these back-to-back.
Heaven's Vault is among my all time favourites. Such an adventure, wonderful environments and a great sense of mystery. I rarely get into video game stories, but there's something about Inkle that always works for me.

Chants of Sennaar was definitely a standout game last year, and I'm glad to see people play and discuss it.
Thank you both for the Heaven's Vault rec! I definitely need some time between language-based puzzle games but I'm really interested to check it out and will add it to the ol' Deku Deals wishlist. šŸ“ƒ

Just came across this game yesterday. It's a poker based roguelike deckbuilder that releases Feb. 20th on basically everything.

I played the steam demo and it is a ton of fun. Definitely one to keep an eye on next month if deckbuilders are your thing. It's always great when you find something you didn't know about, it has a fun demo, and also is releases in less than a month!

This released on the eshop recently. Very positive reviews on Steam. Definitely checking it out after enjoying Vampire Survivors and Brotato.

Hit 98% on Super Mario Wonder and got a bit stuck so we decided to take a break and play a shorter-length indie before embarking on another 2D platformer (likely Shovel Knight Dig or Grapple Dog).

So far we've tried:

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension: I love PnC games that are focused on complicated puzzles, but this is so focused on the narration and story at least for the first bit of the game that I think it'd have to really jive with my sense of humor, and I found it was just not on my wavelength in its meta humor. I can see why it got good reviews but I think it's just not for me. The computer interface style games on the big screen aren't engaging to me, thinking of Hypnospace Outlaw here too.

B.ARK: this one is pretty charming and I remember picking it up because it's from the devs of Adventures of Pip, a really enjoyable Wii U platformer. I remember reading it was fairly easy as far as shmups go. Been playing on normal and we are both not so great at it, lol. To me it's in lite bullet hell territory midway through the first level on normal. I think with an easy mode or more doable normal mode we'd stick with it, and I could see myself trying it again in the future and chipping away at it.

I think we'll plan to try Sumire next.

I'd definitely like to try a demo of Advance Wars because I'd like to try out that genre, but I guess I misremembered there being one, unless it's on another non-NA eShop. Couldn't find one on the NA eShop. Maybe I was thinking of a game trial or something.

We tried Sumire today during my lunch break, since we both worked from home today. It is a gorgeous game and I think we would have stuck with it, and enjoyed it, but we both found the rounded-rolling-floor effect was bad for our shared motion sensitivities. It's too bad there wasn't an accessibility option or something for that since it's a fairly unusual design choice. It seemed like a very charming and thematically deep game.

Next possibly is Ogre Battle 64 on Wii U, which is still semi-on-topic since we got it from the Wii U eShop before it closed.

I am super interested in Cobalt Core and In Stars and Time but need a demo.

I will buy Legend of Grimrock after I finish Tears of the Kingdom (so, probably in July :p).

Until then, I hope that, somehow, Orcs & Elves is ported to Switch too.

I will buy Legend of Grimrock after I finish Tears of the Kingdom (so, probably in July :p).

Until then, I hope that, somehow, Orcs & Elves is ported to Switch too.
I think I played Orcs and Elves on DS, that was a short and sweet dungeon crawl as far as I remember!

Iā€™ve had to stick Grimrock on my wishlist seeing as I picked up 3 games in the sales I havenā€™t even started yet.

The Final Fantasy pixel remasters are 20% off for the first time on EU eShop at least. I don't know if I'll pick anything up myself, but have seen more than a few comments hoping for a sale, and here it finally is.

Back
Top Bottom