• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Feb. 2023|

Joedev

Shriekbat
qW3U3iN.png

Highlights.png

Well Known Games

Feb 02 Life is Strange 2, Feb 16 THEATRHYTHM FINAL BAR LINE, Feb 17 Tales of Symphonia Remastered, Feb 22 Digimon World: Next Order, Feb 24 Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Feb 24 OCTOPATH TRAVELER II

cj0XFDz.png

eShop Highlights

screenshot01

Feb 02 - The Pathless

screenshot01

Feb 03 - Helvetii

screenshot01

Feb 08 - Daily Dadish

screenshot01

Feb 13 - Forgotton Anne

screenshot03

Feb 14 - Blanc

screenshot01

Feb 14 - Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society

screenshot02

Feb 23 - Tyrant's Blessing

screenshot02

Feb 24 - Clive 'N' Wrench

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Feb 01 Albacete Warrior
Feb 01 Gunscape
Feb 01 Puzzle Bobble 2X/BUST-A-MOVE 2 Arcade Edition & Puzzle Bobble 3/BUST-A-MOVE 3 S-Tribute
Feb 02 Active DBG: Brave's Rage
Feb 02 Air Jet Fighter Combat - Europe Fly Plane Attack
Feb 02 Cuddly Forest Friends
Feb 02 DRAINUS
Feb 02 Exitman Deluxe
Feb 02 Fashion Police Squad
Feb 02 Jumbo Airport Story
Feb 02 Kart Crazy Race Simulator Game
Feb 02 Life is Strange 2
Feb 02 Monster Girls and the Mysterious Adventure 2
Feb 02 OSHIIRO
Feb 02 Pixel Game Maker Series CAT AND TOWER
Feb 02 Radiantflux Hyperfractal 4.0
Feb 02 Sakura Cupid
Feb 02 The Pathless
Feb 03 Car Factory Driver
Feb 03 Helvetii
Feb 03 HUNDRED FIRES: The rising of red star Episode 2
Feb 03 Pets at Work
Feb 03 Sport & Fun: Swimming
Feb 03 Swap Puzzles
Feb 03 Tiny Detour
Feb 03 Trophy
Feb 04 Seraph's Last Stand
--
Feb 08 Daily Dadish
Feb 09 Bumblebee - Little Bee Adventure
Feb 09 Perseverance: Complete Edition
Feb 09 Shuttlecock-H
Feb 10 Go! Go! PogoGirl
Feb 10 Legion of Doom
Feb 10 Ragdoll Rage: Heroes Arena
Feb 10 Youmandriver
--
Feb 13 Forgotton Anne
Feb 14 Blanc
Feb 14 Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society
Feb 14 Souls of Chronos
Feb 14 Spy Bros.
Feb 14 Ten Dates
Feb 15 Pocket Witch
Feb 16 Elderand
Feb 16 Geometric Sniper - Blood in Paris
Feb 16 Lucie's Potager
Feb 16 Montezuma's Revenge
Feb 16 Montezuma's Revenge: 8-Bit Edition
Feb 16 The Legend of Gwen
Feb 16 THEATRHYTHM FINAL BAR LINE
Feb 16 Verdict Guilty
Feb 17 Gigantosaurus: Dino Kart
Feb 17 Rooftop Renegade
Feb 17 Tales of Symphonia Remastered
--
Feb 21 Akka Arrh
Feb 21 Ninja JaJaMaru: The Lost RPGs
Feb 22 Digimon World: Next Order
Feb 22 Redemption Reapers
Feb 22 Twice Reborn: A Vampire Visual Novel
Feb 23 Dyadic
Feb 23 Grim Guardians: Demon Purge
Feb 23 Horror Tale 1: Kidnapper
Feb 23 Loot Box Simulator - Crimson Fire
Feb 23 Planet Cube: Edge
Feb 23 Remorse: The List
Feb 23 The Crimson Flower that Divides: Lunar Coupling
Feb 23 Tyrant's Blessing
Feb 24 Clive 'N' Wrench
Feb 24 Flame Keeper
Feb 24 Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Feb 24 OCTOPATH TRAVELER II
--
Feb 28 Afterthought
Feb 28 Choice of Life: Middle Ages 2
Feb 28 Lucy Dreaming

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022
Oct. 2022
Nov. 2022
Dec. 2022
Jan. 2023

Last edited:
My list for the Kirby Month:
Kirby (duh)
Octopath Traveler 2
Life is Strange 2 (seems you forgot this OP)
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (demo was delicious)
Tales of Symphonia
Digimon World Next Order
Clive n Wrench
The Pathless
Redemption Reapers

If the reviews good:
Labyrinth of Galleria
Blanc
Akka Arrh

And there's gonna be a few Direct shdaowdrops. Hoping for Outer Wilds!

Another great eShop thread!

I’m way behind on gaming so I think I’ll mostly be buying stuff on sale rather than getting any new releases. Blanc does look very cool though.

Life is Strange 2 (seems you forgot this OP)

Added it. Thanks!

Played a bit of the Theatrhythm demo this morning and it is really tempting. Although. with all of the additional tracks that they are pulling in from other series', I'm a little bummed that there isn't any Dragon Quest music. I know it's a bit of a licensing nightmare with the DQ music, but they did make a Dragon Quest Theatrythm for 3DS in Japan, so it should be possible. I just have a lot more nostalgia for the old DQ music and that probably would have made it an easy purchase for me. I'm thinking I'll probably still get it down the line, but I'll wait for a good deal on it.

I’m curious about Tyrant’s Blessing?

Looks like a fantasy take on Into the Breach but with enough of its own ideas to differentiate itself too. I’ll stick it on my wishlist for now.

Thanks for the thread as always!

I finally started playing Hades after dropping Call of Juarez: Gunslinger due to control issues (why on earth does it also invert the y-axis for gyro?!). I'm on my third run only, but I think I can already see why people love this game so much.

I’m curious about Tyrant’s Blessing?

Looks like a fantasy take on Into the Breach but with enough of its own ideas to differentiate itself too. I’ll stick it on my wishlist for now.

Wow, this looks very Into the Breach 😅. I like Into the Breach quite a bit though, so I'll have to keep an eye on this.

My birthday month definitely getting Tales of Symphonia and Kirby. Interested in Pathless, Blanc, Clive n Wrench, and Drainus but not sure if I'll get them anytime soon. Octopath Traveler 2 I'm waiting to see of they fixed my issues with the first game.

What's up with Forgotton Anne, didn't that come out a few years ago? I literally have it on my Switch right now.

Anyway, I was going to get Atelier Ryza 3 but that got delayed to March. I might get Theatrhythm, but I've got plenty to keep me busy already so aside from any interesting sales I'll probably just give my wallet a chance to heal.

Just ridiculous when there’s 70-odd releases in a month. No wonder indie devs can struggle to make their game stand out, I tend to follow the awesome work that SwitchUp! do for weekly coverage.

Redemption Reapers is another I’ve got my eye on as it’s an SRPG with a former Fire Emblem director, but unfortunately it’s coming out at the same time as Octopath II.

I made a thread about it here-

Great thread!. Also the list is missing Grim Guardians Demon Purge which releases on Feb 23

Getting this time Theatrythm and probably Octopath 2

looking forward to Akka Arrh on the 21st, I think that'll be the first of jeff minter's games to get a Switch release

oh and I'm doubleposting to ask: does anyone else remember the user Epilexia from the resetera eShop threads? they stopped posting abruptly one day several years ago and I often wonder what happened to them; any other online accounts with that username don't seem to be active either—they sold me on more games than probably any other single person on the internet lol. I hope they're doing well and I'd love to know if anyone here knows anything else!

oh and I'm doubleposting to ask: does anyone else remember the user Epilexia from the resetera eShop threads? they stopped posting abruptly one day several years ago and I often wonder what happened to them; any other online accounts with that username don't seem to be active either—they sold me on more games than probably any other single person on the internet lol. I hope they're doing well and I'd love to know if anyone here knows anything else!
Yes I remember them. Excellent poster and sadly I have no idea what happened to them. Only hope they're well.

Looks like at some point it was delisted as the publishing rights went from Square Enix back to the developer.
Good to know, thanks for clearing that up! I never knew it left the eShop, but glad to see it's coming back.

At some point I'll double dip on Drainus, definitely want Kirby and Theathryhtm.

Interested in Elderand, also Redemption Reapers, maybe it will be my "FE" this year, both are still a maybe.

I'll boot up the gamecube to replay Symphonia, keep messing up ports of my favorite RPG.

I have wondered this myself. I learned alot from Epilexia's posts.

Pine looks really interesting. Another game that launched in a poor state but has received significant support and now actually seems good.

A lot hinges on if Advance Wars does shadow drop / drop anytime between now and early March. I've got a bunch of eShop credit hanging around, saving most of it for Theatrhythm, which is my big must have for the month. But what's left will be Advance Wars, if it's coming. If it's not coming or pushed out farther, I might grab something else. That Grim Guardians looks awesome. Octopath II looks great as well, but I'm starting to get a little burnt out on RPGs at the moment.

Damn, how did I miss Mechstermination Force? Just saw it on twitter and it looks amazing... by the same team as Gunman Clive from back on the 3DS too!

Only thing stopping me is that it looks to be 40% off but previously was 80% per deku deals

EDIT: OMG and they made a NSMB2US-like?!!?

I picked up Persona 4 Golden and Seraph's Last Stand. Latter is a budget roguelite that caught my eye.

I found this review pretty helpful for Blanc, it's got a couple opinions in there and they're in line with the OpenCritic average:

Ok another note, did anyone play the action puzzle platformer Clan O'Connal that came out in mid-2021? I just got back to an old saved tab with an article about it, read some reviews and it looks very good. Bunch of very positive reviews. Anyone play it?

Huh didn’t realize Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered dropped on the Eshop back in December. Say I’ve been curious which game is the best intro to the SaGa series? 2 being multigenerational is cool tho

Does anyone have impressions of Trek to Yomi on Switch? The reviews I've read said it is too visually compromised on Switch. That worries me.

I just finished my first full run in Hades. I must admit I've been very positively surprised by the game. I know it reviewed extremely well and people love it, but as I've mentioned in one of these threads earlier, I haven't been that into Supergiant games before.

Although there's variation from the weapons and boons, the stages, enemies and bosses do get a bit repetitious. On the other hand, I really appreciate how concise a single run is. The dialogue is well written and soundtrack superb. Great game!

Anyway - I do think I have to play something else for a while. Preferably something stress free with a slow tempo, lol.

I just finished my first full run in Hades. I must admit I've been very positively surprised by the game. I know it reviewed extremely well and people love it, but as I've mentioned in one of these threads earlier, I haven't been that into Supergiant games before.

Although there's variation from the weapons and boons, the stages, enemies and bosses do get a bit repetitious. On the other hand, I really appreciate how concise a single run is. The dialogue is well written and soundtrack superb. Great game!

Anyway - I do think I have to play something else for a while. Preferably something stress free with a slow tempo, lol.
There is so much voice acting in this game. I played over 200 hours and was still getting new lines. I had to stop myself from playing more.

How's the old Bit Trip games nowadays? And Switch versions? I have never played these. There seems to be a collection for 1,99€ if you own some other games from the publisher.

How is rain world nowadays ? I heard that it had input lag at launch is it still the case ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom