• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Redemption Reapers announced. SRPG, Feb 2023, by Binary Haze (Ender Lillies devs). Masayuki Horikawa (Former director of Fire Emblem).

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him

Article-
This dark fantasy tactical RPG developed by Adglobe and Binary Haze Interactive (ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights) is being brought to life by industry luminaries such as Masayuki Horikawa - known for working on the Fire Emblemseries as a director and scenario/level designer, and also Kingdom Hearts III planning.

PR:
Lead the Ashen Hawk Brigade in tactical skirmishes on 3D maps. Employ strategic moves, directing units across the battlefield before issuing commands to attack, defend, or deploy skills during each turn. Overcome seemingly insurmountable odds by mastering sneak attacks for extra damage or powerful combo strikes from multiple Brigade members.

Ensure each Brigade member is fit for the trials ahead by outfitting the party with powerful gear. Turn hard-earned spoils of victory into resources for crafting mighty weapons and armor. Upgrade skills to unlock combat abilities capable of turning a ragtag troop of underdogs into courageous champions.

Carve through the Mort and uncover a gripping, mature story of wartime struggles. Witness powerful moments unfold between members of the Brigade during fully voiced cutscenes (recorded in English and Japanese audio) as fighters learn more about their allies and the world around them. Guide the Ashen Hawk Brigade’s rise from obscurity to folk heroes as members grapple with their dark past as a deadly – and despised – organization dubbed “Faithless Reapers.”

Last edited:
Not gonna complain at having too many SRPGs to play, this looks cool and with a solid dev team. Surprised it’s only 2 months away, they’ve kept that quiet.

Quite the change, going from a 2D Anime Dark Souls to a gritty pseudo-realistic 3D SRPG.

I wasn't aware that such a high-ranked talent left Intelligent Systems. Dude was a part of every FE since Thracia up to Fates.

Certainly worth keeping an eye on. As always, the time commitment is the biggest problem!
Totally. Seems like it’ll land just as I’m finishing FE Engage and about the same time as Octopath II.

I’m optimistic as the dev team seem solid between the dark fantasy of Ender Lillies and the more upbeat camraderie of Fire Emblem. The art direction doesn’t seem like much I haven’t seen elsewhere but then, for these types of games, it’s all about the battle engine for me.

Quite the change, going from a 2D Anime Dark Souls to a gritty pseudo-realistic 3D SRPG.

I wasn't aware that such a high-ranked talent left Intelligent Systems. Dude was a part of every FE since Thracia up to Fates.
Big surprise to me too, the whole thing came out of nowhere. 2 months away. I saw it this morning and was like ‘huh’ :D

It’s releasing across Switch/PC/PS4, to be honest I think the ‘realistic dark fantasy’ art style will help it stand out a little compared to the more typical cartoony style of Fire Emblem type games, even if it doesn’t really stand out for games in general. Ender Lillies got around it by having a stark literal contrast between the protagonist and all other elements. In retrospect it’s probably also why Diofield went for the style it did- sometimes it’s about avoiding comparisons to the elephant in the room, especially when you’re releasing within a matter of days or weeks to it.

Seems very interesting, imho
I appreciated DioField, I'm looking forward for Engage, I'm waiting to clear some backlog before getting Sparks of Hope and I'm hoping The War of Genesis is still in development
So, we are eating, here!!

Not bad, though a bit light on the gameplay impressions side of things imo, too much vague CGI stuff. The few gameplay sections looked slightly generic, but that's not inherently a bad thing in my eyes. Definitely interested in this one.

Is this the Tear Ring Saga of GBA/GC Emblem?

The art style looks generic, but at the same time, a nice departure from past Emblem titles. If the gameplay's good, I'm in.

Who is publishing it in the West?
Binary Haze does all the job. Important to mention that they physical release is only planned for Japan ( like Ender lilies) according to their site. Guess will see something similar where LRG published the physical here

how did I completely miss this? If it reviews well I’m all over it. Does look kinda generic design-wise though.

Back
Top Bottom