• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2023|

Joedev

Shriekbat
JVTBh29.png

463c49889c84887c002afbe9d735ea3be4b396dd127e2bb1663f8cd361c12d1a

Dec 01 - SteamWorld Build

b2cdb2ee8267cb802c7b487532fe738e76bce41922f841a7303d7f20b8233a67

Dec 05 - A Highland Song

00d96f9d1e2f21718b0c00cd0fe3c5e1ba8b65e339e87136682714db3b59f2c7

Dec 05 - Born Of Bread [Has Demo]

69c220b409ca08a5ccab389973042e94122b6a0d23415231f6365913d8518b63

Dec 05 - While the Iron's Hot

4aad3453d6e9235456411d651236d2d719211b48797a9d42c54f358a02c53b71

Dec 07 - Outer Wilds

070ee9e507c4b9d89db31d901e167831946630040b7ab70b359fb3f46b419ba9

Dec 12 - Hammerwatch II

2c62594c5c62d18d16fa9fcdeee9b4334f01000eba81dad1cf27650cc3a47d8c

Dec 21 [EU] - TEVI [Out now in NA]

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Week 1
Dec 01 2weistein – The Curse of the Red Dragon 3 - Ronger Pirates - V2
Dec 01 Batman: Arkham Trilogy
Dec 01 Cooking Arena - 9 in 1 Edition
Dec 01 DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince [Has Demo]
Dec 01 DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince Digital Deluxe Edition
Dec 01 Last Escape: Dead Complex
Dec 01 SteamWorld Build
Dec 01 Urban Flow X-Mas Edition
Dec 01 Uzzuzzu My Pet - Golf Dash
Dec 01 Zomborg
Dec 02 Aquarium Land: Baby Seal Edition
Dec 02 DIY Paper Doll
Dec 02 FALL CARS - Ultimate Car Battle
--

Week 2
Dec 05 A Highland Song
Dec 05 A Long Journey to an Uncertain End
Dec 05 Born Of Bread [Has Demo]
Dec 05 Skater XL
Dec 05 While the Iron's Hot
Dec 06 Battle Stations Blockade
Dec 07 City Driver: Car Parking Simulator
Dec 07 Crystal Chip Collector e
Dec 07 Defend The Base: Tower Turret Shooting Range
Dec 07 DREAMERS: A Nostalgic Adventure
Dec 07 Erogods: Asgard
Dec 07 Hiveswap Friendsim
Dec 07 Hot Love Dreams: Classic Hentai Logic Puzzle
Dec 07 Nessy The Robot
Dec 07 Outer Wilds
Dec 07 Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition
Dec 07 Pesterquest
Dec 07 Pestersim
Dec 07 Stone Age
Dec 07 SUNSOFT Mahjong Solitaire -Shanghai LEGEND-
Dec 07 XIIZEAL
Dec 07 Yukar From The Abyss
Dec 08 Air Aces
Dec 08 Fearmonium
Dec 08 Golf Guys
Dec 08 Helix Jump
Dec 08 Mob Control
Dec 08 The Smurfs: Colorful Stories
Dec 08 Vege Bubble Shoot
Dec 08 Xuan Yuan Sword: Mists Beyond the Mountains
Dec 09 Paint It: Christmas Edition
--

Week 3
Dec 11 Bulldozer Tycoon: Construction Simulator
Dec 11 Zumaji Delux
Dec 12 Hammerwatch Anniversary Edition
Dec 12 Hammerwatch II
Dec 12 Hammerwatch II: The Chronicles Edition
Dec 12 Wingspan + European Expansion + Oceania Expansion
Dec 12 Wingspan + European Expansion + Oceania Expansion + Seasonal Decorative Pack
Dec 13 Hell Well
Dec 14 Aztec Tiki Talisman
Dec 14 Koumajou Remilia Ⅱ: Stranger's Requiem
Dec 14 MECHBLAZE [Has Demo]
Dec 14 METRO QUESTER
Dec 14 Raccoo Venture
Dec 14 Winter Games Challenge
Dec 15 Farm Land: Kitty Edition
Dec 15 Knights & Guns NY Edition
Dec 15 Moto Rush GT NY Edition
Dec 15 Poly Shooting Simulator
Dec 15 S.N.I.P.E.R. - Hunter Scope Collectors Edition
Dec 15 Stickman's Arena
Dec 15 Z Escape: Complete Edition
Dec 15 Zombie Defense: Commando Edition
Dec 16 Acrylic Nails!: Xmas Edition
Dec 16 Never Be Afraid Slam Dunk
--

Week 4
Dec 20 Ravva and the Phantom Library
Dec 20 The Rumble Fish +
Dec 21 Cleaning Queens
Dec 21 Growth
Dec 21 TEVI [Out now in NA]
Dec 21 The Curse of Kudan
Dec 21 Three Minutes To Eight
Dec 22 ONE. [Has Demo]
Dec 22 Synthetic Lover
Dec 22 Urban Flow GOTY Edition
Dec 24 Cute Critters Pet Kitty
Dec 24 Party Friends
--

Week 5
Dec 25 Pocket Quest
Dec 25 Space Papers: Planet's Border
Dec 28 Hamster on Rails
Dec 28 Pinball M
Dec 28 Pinball M - Death Save Bundle
Dec 29 Chico and the Magic Orchards DX

Previous Threads

2021 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Nov Dec
2022 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2023 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov ---

Not much for me this month which fine due to backlog. Give me a Gigabash sale tho!

woo to another month!

I will hopefully grab Dragon Quest Monsters this month and I will gladly throw Born of Bread on my wish list.

This month is going to be on the lower buying side to me due to Christmas and I will await the holiday eshop sale at the end of the month to grab some random games.

Thanks for making the thread as usual

Getting:
Batman Arkham Trilogy (already playing)
DQ Monsters The Dark Prince (this too)
Steamworld Build
A Highland Tale
Outer Wilds Arch Edition
Biomutant (come on, be out this time!)

Considering:
Skater XL
While the Iron is Hot
Hammerwatch II

Slow month, but the games coming out are big stuff. Too bad everything is in this week, and there's nothing worthwhile until January 17th, where Prince of persia releases!

Still slowly working my way through Dave the Diver. I was really enjoying it in the beginning, but feel it is really dragging as I get toward the end. I really just want the game to be a simple loop of
  • Dive to get fish
  • Cook/Serve fish at restaurant for money
  • Use money to upgrade equipment and allow for deeper dives and therefor better fish
It just keeps interrupting that loop with forced story segments that have gameplay that I'm much less interested in. (Puzzle solving, stealth stuff)

On the topic of this month, I plan on getting Dragon Quest Monsters and I am really looking forward to it. I played the first 2 when I was younger and always thought they were a ton of fun.

Other than that, I have nothing really planned, but I'm sure I'll end up picking up a couple impulses in inevitable holiday sales.

Already bought Outer Wilds, but I probably won’t play it until I’m done with Shin Megami Tensei V.

Dragon Quest Monsters, Highland Song and Born of Bread are on my radar. I’ll definitely check out the demo for the latter. Arkham Trilogy I’m interested in but since I’ve already played them, they’re lower on my to-buy list.

I'll end up picking up a couple impulses in inevitable holiday sales.
Aaaaayup that’s probably what’s gonna happen to me too. And most of us lol

Hitman blood money reprisal just dropped on mobile so it could release on switch this month
Other than that, I have nothing really planned, but I'm sure I'll end up picking up a couple impulses in inevitable holiday sales.
it’s true, I’ve got quite the wishlist

Thinking of going for Hammerwatch. I like the look of the series.

What’s the different between
Hammerwatch
Hammerwatch Anniversary edition
Heroes of Hammerwatch
Hammerwatch II
Hammerwatch II Chronicles edition

Are they all just variations on a theme? If I was gonna pick one up, which would be the best given the varied pricing?

Are they all just variations on a theme? If I was gonna pick one up, which would be the best given the varied pricing?

Hammerwatch was the original game.

They then made Heroes of Hammerwatch, which is an action roguelike.

Hammerwatch II is the most recent game and is similar to the original.

Hammerwatch Anniversary is a remaster of the first game.

Hammerwatch II Chronicles is a deluxe version of Hammerwatch II and also includes some DLC and Hammerwatch Anniversary.

I've only played the first game. It's good, but pretty basic. It kinda has that old school gauntlet feel. Definitely more fun if you have someone to play local co-op with.

Hammerwatch was the original game.

They then made Heroes of Hammerwatch, which is an action roguelike.

Hammerwatch II is the most recent game and is similar to the original.

Hammerwatch Anniversary is a remaster of the first game.

Hammerwatch II Chronicles is a deluxe version of Hammerwatch II and also includes some DLC and Hammerwatch Anniversary.

I've only played the first game. It's good, but pretty basic. It kinda has that old school gauntlet feel. Definitely more fun if you have someone to play local co-op with.
Awesome, thanks!

Born of Bread reviews are a bit all over the place so I'm eager to see some from a source I vibe with or impressions here.

Thanks as always @Joedev for my favorite thread on here!

Ooooh another big sale incoming! On December 21st:

I hope Cave shooters finally go into sale. I've been looking to get Deathsmiles for a while now.

Anyone looking forward to Mechblaze next week or played it on steam? This seems to have had quite good reviews, and seeing as every other 8-bit and 16-bit sidescroller has had a recent homage, seems like it’s Cybernator’s turn!

Ooooh another big sale incoming! On December 21st:

I hope Cave shooters finally go into sale. I've been looking to get Deathsmiles for a while now.

Hopefully a chunk of my wishlist that wasn’t in the last one will be in this one. Like gigabash

City builder fans! Terra Nil from Devolver is finally coming out on Switch next week! Strongly recommend this one. You don't "build city" here, you try to revive the dead land by future technology. I've tried this on Netflix games and loved it. All I can say for it: "If only..."

City builder fans! Terra Nil from Devolver is finally coming out on Switch next week! Strongly recommend this one. You don't "build city" here, you try to revive the dead land by future technology. I've tried this on Netflix games and loved it. All I can say for it: "If only..."

The game looks quality, but I'll wait for a sale as by all reports it's very short.

Did Cloudpunk ever get updated on Switch to be a bit more like the other console versions? I remember the publisher released a statement saying they would work on the game to update it, it’s £3.99 on the Eshop now and wondered if they ever did.

FINALLY it's out:

It was dated for early 2023 last december, waited for whole year for it. Played on Game Pass, excellent puzzle simulator game. Finally it's on system where I'll be able to read the text lol
Did Cloudpunk ever get updated on Switch to be a bit more like the other console versions? I remember the publisher released a statement saying they would work on the game to update it, it’s £3.99 on the Eshop now and wondered if they ever did.
They addressed the framerate and scaled the fog back a little but there's still big difference between home console and Switch version. By no means it's not playable though. Finished it on Switch and totally enjoyed my time. Looking forward the sequel on the successor!

They addressed the framerate and scaled the fog back a little but there's still big difference between home console and Switch version. By no means it's not playable though. Finished it on Switch and totally enjoyed my time. Looking forward the sequel on the successor!

Can you see a bit more in front of you then when travelling? Footage I saw of it back at launch showed things almost just popping up out of nowhere

FINALLY it's out:

It was dated for early 2023 last december, waited for whole year for it. Played on Game Pass, excellent puzzle simulator game. Finally it's on system where I'll be able to read the text lol

Does it have touch screen support on Switch?

Oh hey the switch version of Gigabash is finally on sale! Only 15% off tho which is a slight bummer since steam got 30% off 2 weeks ago

On the flip side been waiting for an excuse to grab it, just waiting for my paycheck to go through this week.

Does it have touch screen support on Switch?
Yes it does! And it controls pretty well.
Can you see a bit more in front of you then when travelling? Footage I saw of it back at launch showed things almost just popping up out of nowhere
Yeah, fog distance is improved and it made the gameplay better but fog is still there. There's a big difference between Switch and home console versions. But it's playable and worth the discounted price. It gets discounted pretty deep and often.

Cobalt Core looks like a great new roguelite deck builder. This is the first one to really catch my eye since Dicey Dungeons. I liked the look of Wildfrost and there was one other one I can't think of the name of with the same artist from Dicey Dungeons, but what I read about both was kinda mixed to positive whereas this one has the aesthetic that's appealing to me and has excellent reviews and impressions (mainly from Steam players, but this review is for the Steam Deck and notes the recent Switch release). Anyone planning to check it out?

Klonoa is on sale. Is the frame rate fixed? I don't have high hopes for that one.

Edit: And how is the Arcadia bay collection now? Is it fixed? I'm not sure what was the problem but I remember it being called a bad port.

Cobalt Core looks like a great new roguelite deck builder. This is the first one to really catch my eye since Dicey Dungeons. I liked the look of Wildfrost and there was one other one I can't think of the name of with the same artist from Dicey Dungeons, but what I read about both was kinda mixed to positive whereas this one has the aesthetic that's appealing to me and has excellent reviews and impressions (mainly from Steam players, but this review is for the Steam Deck and notes the recent Switch release). Anyone planning to check it out?

It's interesting indeed. I'll surely check it out in the future. Not now, with all those excellent sales running in EU!

Toodee and Topdee is 2€ (90% off!)

Chicory, YES!

Dusk, Unpacking, Unsighted, Boomerang X. A lot of games I'm interested in.

Going to get soon: Chicory, UNSIGHTED and Toodee and Topdee.

Does anyone need some early impressions about one of these?

Oh and I bought Rytmos. Yes, it's good. Slick and sweet. If you like music in general this is definitely worth a purchase.

And I'm playing Neon White right now. What a game. Seriously, I'm absolutely shocked by this incredible game.

really glad Rytmos was recommended here, I played through it yesterday and today and had a great time. I love puzzle games and interactive music toy games (esp. Toshio Iwai's stuff) and while it is not an especially remarkable example of either of those genres on their own, it comes together into a delightfully unique package. it has beautiful graphic design, unusual and fun puzzles, and, most of all, genuine love and enthusiasm for various styles of music from around the world.

there's level sets inspired by/dedicated to mid-century Hawaiian music, Japanese environmental music, Indonesian gamelan music, Ethiopian jazz. between levels, there's explanatory text about the history of and instruments used in each style, and even recommendations of artists and labels to check out as an introduction to each one. so cool!! if I have one complaint, it's that the English text could've used another editing pass or two, but the love shows through regardless.

and the puzzles are not especially demanding but they also have a great rhythm. each level is broken into a handful of small puzzles on a single cube, and your solution to each level acts as a sort of sequencer timeline that triggers samples on that side of the cube even after you've moved onto another side, so over the course of a level you build up a full piece of generative music in a way that is very pleasant and satisfying. I don't think I'm explaining it clearly lol, but it is very cool in practice, and most of them sound great.

it's currently on sale for $6 USD (and I think is 60% off in other regions as well)! I recommend it—it's maybe 2 or 3 hours long and well worth the time.

Just purchased Little Misfortune and Paranormasight in the recent sale to play over the holidays, nice festive fun.....ha

I wholeheartedly recommend Chicory. I bought it day 1 on PS5 and fell in love with it.

really glad Rytmos was recommended here, I played through it yesterday and today and had a great time. I love puzzle games and interactive music toy games (esp. Toshio Iwai's stuff) and while it is not an especially remarkable example of either of those genres on their own, it comes together into a delightfully unique package. it has beautiful graphic design, unusual and fun puzzles, and, most of all, genuine love and enthusiasm for various styles of music from around the world.

there's level sets inspired by/dedicated to mid-century Hawaiian music, Japanese environmental music, Indonesian gamelan music, Ethiopian jazz. between levels, there's explanatory text about the history of and instruments used in each style, and even recommendations of artists and labels to check out as an introduction to each one. so cool!! if I have one complaint, it's that the English text could've used another editing pass or two, but the love shows through regardless.

and the puzzles are not especially demanding but they also have a great rhythm. each level is broken into a handful of small puzzles on a single cube, and your solution to each level acts as a sort of sequencer timeline that triggers samples on that side of the cube even after you've moved onto another side, so over the course of a level you build up a full piece of generative music in a way that is very pleasant and satisfying. I don't think I'm explaining it clearly lol, but it is very cool in practice, and most of them sound great.

it's currently on sale for $6 USD (and I think is 60% off in other regions as well)! I recommend it—it's maybe 2 or 3 hours long and well worth the time.
I'm glad you're enjoying Rytmos thanks to my rec!
You explained it very well, this "generative" feature was a selling point for me, I like when new sequences are added in a music track.

I've had Rytmos on my wishlist for quite a while, but will just have pick it up due to all these positive comments

20 Minutes till Dawn is releasing on the 22nd.

As a fan of Vampire Survivors and Brotato, this is a day one buy for me.

Hey y'all, seems like NA eshop sale has gone live! Bunch of all-time low prices for Final Fantasies, Valkyria Chronicles, Atelier Ryza, Klonoa, Inscryption and more!

I wasn't too hot on Toodee and Topdee. It got very difficult towards the end, more in a precision platforming kind of way than with difficult puzzles, which was not what I was expecting at all.

That's just me though, and I could totally see somebody else liking it a lot. At the current price point I don't see too much risk in picking it up.

Playing on Xbox but Chants of Sennaar is quite addictive, especially considering we planned to finish 100%ing Super Mario Wonder first. This is a most delectable tangent. The language-deciphering puzzle solving is really well-constructed an satisfying, and the underlying world is compelling and intriguing. The music reminds me of Ori, too.

I enjoyed Toodee and Topdee. Got stuck as I usually do with puzzle games lol. The concept of characters existing on 2D and 3D plains is really neat.

I think I've previosly epxressed some negative sentiments about The Last Campfire after playing some of it on Apple Arcade, but I finished the Switch version yesterday and have to say I enjoyed the experience.

There was a melodramatic story I didn't pay attention to and a majority of the puzzles were quite easy, but I liked the adventure aspect in combination with the more traditional puzzle game levels sprinkled across the world.

Has anyone played Monomals? It's on sale for half off and it's been on my wish list for a while.

I haven't but I've had it on my list for a good while too. From the reviews I remember, it seems worth a shot at this price, but it's tricky because I'm intrigued by lots of indies, and have a backlog and don't get through terribly too many games in a year, so then I talk myself out of purchases. 🧐

Anywho, looking over sales, I see Kaze and the Wild Masks is on sale for $5. That game starts out as a solid direct tribute to DKC but pretty quickly goes off in its own direction with lots of creative twists and imaginative level design. I hope we see a sequel sometime.

Would love some Toodee and Toodee impressions, thank you! I remember reading folks here had a mostly positive experience with it.
Sorry to keep you waiting. I haven't log in for a while due to the loss of my smartphone!

T&T is a nice game, just don't expect the next big thing in puzzle games. The concept of swapping between 2D and Top view works well, with the occasional difficulty spike. I'm through world 3 atm. Presentation Is nothing to write home about, but it's not bad. Should work well as a coop game, too.

Meanwhile, I finished Neon White with a quite satisfactory all ace medals walkthrough. I even got all the gift and therefore I think I saw everything. What a game. I had high expectations but the game went beyond those. Sure, I was in a good mood for some speedrunning with its first person view, I really enjoyed every bit.

Back
Top Bottom