• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Apr. 2024|

Joedev

Shriekbat
AjmtMIR.png

443694e06be1ca069de82dd78d4185b137776a474070f76a9e0fe93f89af8d06

Apr 04 - Freedom Planet 2

223b34dbde0a8e93e1527537500ded3a1d766c637dddd62f96375606df7d6ee6

Apr 11 - Let's! Revolution!

815589ee97de45fc65ac996d3495711e7eabfa5790a5ec0d98659898a603c396

Apr 11 - Moonglow Bay

8694dd8e3c6dc7c7e39eae661331762f87706a41eeb35b777045d063274aa5ba

Apr 16 - Planet of Lana

753ef25a9a5ae61b33a8c99cf6c39f7fc804d4748a129b66358811777eb2d97a

Apr 23 - Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

661acd3e37c30c2a8636577d378cc4d6747d19b0cd98609ee7fb6814f646c63f

Apr 23 - Tales of Kenzera: ZAU

034f6797fe18f14e8c65f695ef4ac5193d446c1c6ba06206e3f6623fdb5c557c

Apr 25 - Another Crab's Treasure

All Releases

Week 1

Apr 02 Saviorless
Apr 03 Flightpath: Adventures in Venaris
Apr 03 Girl Genius: Adventures In Castle Heterodyne
Apr 03 Knowledge Keeper
Apr 04 Bubble Bunny
Apr 04 Cats Organized Neatly
Apr 04 Colony Defense - The Ultimate Minimalist Tower Base Defense Game
Apr 04 CrashOut Xtreme
Apr 04 Deadland Chronicles
Apr 04 Doll Explorer
Apr 04 Erogods: Mirage
Apr 04 Freedom Planet 2
Apr 04 Korean Rail Driving Tour - LRT Uijeongbu
Apr 04 Make it! Ikayaki
Apr 04 Savage Age
Apr 04 Storyblocks: The King
Apr 04 Sugar Tanks 2
Apr 04 SUSHI SOUL UNIVERSE
Apr 04 Tengoku Struggle -Strayside-
Apr 04 The Brazil
Apr 04 The Gap
Apr 04 WWII AIRPLANE FIGHT - Battle War Squad
Apr 05 Cooking Arena - 10 in 1 Edition
Apr 05 Devil's Calling
Apr 05 Hair Dye
Apr 05 Heisting
Apr 05 Kebab Bar Tycoon Extended Edition
Apr 05 Kitchen Crisis
Apr 05 Kudzu
Apr 05 Life of Slime
Apr 05 No Umbrellas Allowed
Apr 05 Offroad Jeep Quest: Mountain Trails
Apr 05 Spy Guy Hidden Objects Deluxe Edition
Apr 05 Stunt Scooter Simulator
Apr 06 Cosmic Hare
Apr 06 Find Room 96
Apr 06 Fire Race
Apr 06 Hole io & Paper io 2
Apr 06 Infantry Attack: Complete Edition
Apr 06 Last Bloody Snack
--

Week 2
Apr 09 Botany Manor
Apr 09 Mars Assault: 3D Shooter
Apr 10 Leafy Trails Collection
Apr 10 Broken Roads
Apr 11 Ato
Apr 11 Cirrus Business
Apr 11 Cleaning Queens 2: Sparkling Palace
Apr 11 Die Again
Apr 11 Hatsumira -From the Future Undying-
Apr 11 Hero's Hour
Apr 11 Let's! Revolution!
Apr 11 Loretta
Apr 11 Mad Experiments 2: Escape Room
Apr 11 Moonglow Bay
Apr 11 Motorcycle Extreme Driver: Moto Racing Simulator
Apr 11 Oxytone
Apr 11 Slave Zero X
Apr 11 Slave Zero X Soundtrack & Art Gallery
Apr 11 Sophia the Traveler
Apr 11 Steel Sand Mars Chronicles - Survival Simulator
Apr 11 The Kindeman Remedy
Apr 12 Cryptrio
Apr 12 Outer Terror
Apr 13 Overdelivery - Delivery Simulator
--

Week 3
Apr 16 Grounded
Apr 16 Planet of Lana
Apr 18 4 in a row
Apr 18 A Tale of Paper: Refolded
Apr 18 BUNNY GARDEN
Apr 18 Stone Age: Digital Edition
Apr 18 Trackline Express
Apr 18 Unboxing - Idle Factory Simulator
Apr 18 Which Country Is Larger?
Apr 19 Corn Kidz 64
Apr 19 Magical Girl Dash
Apr 19 Ready, Steady, Ship!
--

Week 4
Apr 23 Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Apr 23 Lunar Lander Beyond
Apr 23 Tales of Kenzera: ZAU
Apr 23 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants
Apr 24 Insurmountable
Apr 25 Another Crab's Treasure
Apr 25 Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- Sweep the Board!
Apr 25 Home Office Simulator - Ayame Life Sim
Apr 25 Library of Ruina
Apr 25 S.O.L Search of Light
Apr 25 Whisker Waters
Apr 25 Megaton Musashi Wired
Apr 25 SaGa Emerald Beyond
Apr 26 Zombies, Aliens and Guns
Apr 28 El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON HD Remaster
--

Week 5
Apr 30 Braid, Anniversary Edition

Previous Threads

2021 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Nov Dec
2022 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2023 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2024 Jan Feb Mar --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Last edited:
@Joedev you’re missing my most anticipated of the month on the list: Megaton Musashi Wired(April 25)

Also let’s revolution looks fun

Thanks Joe.

Corn Kidz 64 is a neat looking 3D platformer that's heavily inspired by games from the N64 era, as the name implies.

I'm also interested in Botany Manor.

We'll see what else drops in the direct.

@Joedev you’re missing my most anticipated of the month on the list: Megaton Musashi Wired(April 25)

Sorry - I added it. I automatically pull things that have eshop pages, and then I usually scan this page https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-game-release-dates/ just to see if there are things announced without eshop pages, but I was a little rushed with this one and skipped that last step.

Edit: I took a moment - and it looks there are quite a bunch that fall into that category this month.

April 10th - Broken Roads
April 11th - Hero's Hour
April 25th - Library of Ruina
April 25th - SaGa Emerald Beyond - Technically had an eShop page, but it's date wasn't updated and still just has a generic 2024 date.

Last edited:
I'm pretty interested in Demon Slayer Sweep The Board!, mostly for the novelty of having a Demon Slayer party game. I hope it turns out to be a good one, I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Sorry - I added it. I automatically pull things that have eshop pages, and then I usually scan this page https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-game-release-dates/ just to see if there are things announced without eshop pages, but I was a little rushed with this one and skipped that last step.

Edit: I took a moment - and it looks there are quite a bunch that fall into that category this month.

April 10th - Broken Roads
April 11th - Hero's Hour
April 25th - Library of Ruina
April 25th - SaGa Emerald Beyond - Technically had an eShop page, but its date wasn't updated and still just has a generic 2024 date.
No prob. There’s a preorder bonus so the page should be up soon. Still gotta decide which version I’m grabbing tho

Oh this is gonna be a big one. Like, one of the biggest. I'll probably get a tons of games this month but i'll save many of them for summer as we're heading towards a weak one.

Getting:
SaGa Emerald Beyond
Megaton Musashi Wired
El Shaddai Ascension of Metatron
Class of Heroes 1&2 (finally!)
Demon Slayer KnY Sweep the Board!
Grounded
Eiyuden Chronicles
Planet of Lana
Botany Manor
Insurmountable
Tales of Kanazara ZAU
Moonglow Bay
Freedom Planet 2

Will consider after reviews:
Lunar Lander Beyond
TMNT Wrath of Mutants
Slave Zero X (the reviews on other platforms weren't flattering as I hoped, but I still kinda want this game though. It looks and plays pretty interesting...)

I still don't know if I'll actually get anything this month, I still have Unicorn Overlord to finish

Eiyuden Chronicles
Planet of Lana

Are on my list as if right now,

I do like what I've seen from Megaton Musashi but I'll wait for reviews on that one

Sigh why hasn’t Raincode dropped under $40 yet? Heck not even that low digitally and I don’t necessarily want it physical… sigh maybe I should just bite at this point

I've been following Let's Revolution for a while, and it might be a day one pick for me. Other than that I'm at least slightly curious about Another Crab's Treasure, but will need to hear some impressions first.

Thanks for the thread as always!

Sigh I’m bummed the Costco Eshop card discount boost has seemingly disappeared. Still the best to order them through/pick them up through price wise normally tho.

Slay the Spire 2 got announced, early access next year on Steam. I'm sure it will come to everything else too eventually. I'm sure lots of us are looking forward to this (and maybe dreading the inevitable time sink).

Slay the Spire 2 got announced, early access next year on Steam. I'm sure it will come to everything else too eventually. I'm sure lots of us are looking forward to this (and maybe dreading the inevitable time sink).

Please don't mess it up ala Darkest Dungeon.

Most waited game yet.

Gestalt got a release date. Been waiting ages for that. My expectations are definitely tempered but hoping for the best.

Had a handful of points laying around, so I grabbed Spider Solitaire for free since it was only $1.99 on sale. My favorite solitaire game.

Guys, I have a question and I didn't want to make a thread for this so I'll ask here since it's related. If a pre-purchase a game digitally on the eshop, do I get the respective gold coins inmediately, or on release date?

Have we picked anything up on the current sale?

Several games I'm eyeing
Tents and trees 50% off
Chico and the Magic Orchards DX $5.25 - excellent 2D Zelda like
Dreamscaper $9.12
Post Void $2.39
OlliOlli World $14.83 - lowest price ever. The dlcs are marked down, too.

Several games I'm eyeing
Tents and trees 50% off
Dreamscaper $9.12
Post Void $2.39
Umurangi Generation was around €2.00 on the EU eshop, and that's the only thing I've bought so far. I might also pick up OlliOlli World and Chico out of the ones you mentioned, and there are a million other games on my wishlist on sale. The one thing I'm sadly missing is time.

I own all of them already, but all the brilliant puzzle games from Draknek and Friends are on sale and I urge anyone with any interest towards puzzles to try them out.

I still need to get Bonfire Peaks and Patrick's Parabox.

I do fancy those, but I've got other stuff on my radar.

Several games I'm eyeing
Tents and trees 50% off
Dreamscaper $9.12
Post Void $2.39

Not sure if they're part of the current sale, but just picked up SteamWorld Dig 2 and Heist plus Slay the Spire.

I'm behind on a lot of indie games so finally jumping into these.

Nobody told me about this Golden Idol game which is on sale right now and... it's pretty great?

It's a deduction game where you need to solve murder mysteries just looking at an scene and tying knots together. Closest I have played is Obra Dinn.

Nobody told me about this Golden Idol game which is on sale right now and... it's pretty great?

It's a deduction game where you need to solve murder mysteries just looking at an scene and tying knots together. Closest I have played is Obra Dinn.
Yes, it's great. I didn't like the graphics style that much though. The Obra Dinn comparison is good IMO.

A word of warning: the Switch version has an annoying save file bug that makes you lose all progress. I recommend screenshotting all solutions, as they may be useful for referencing in future chapters.

If the bug happens and the game just keeps throwing you to the tutorial instead of chapter selection, you will have to delete your save file (from cloud saves as well if you have NSO). You can then use minus + Y in the chapter selection to skip the ones you've already completed.

There's been some discussion on this on the Discord server of the game. My understanding is that the devs have submitted a fix, but it's been stuck in some kind of a limbo between the publisher, porting studio and Nintendo for a while now.

Last edited:
Good to know! So far I completed four scenarios and I am enjoying it a lot.

It definitely feels like Obra Dinn in 2D, made in Paint and with a medieval setting.

I see there is a sequel announced launching this year with new art that looks much better.

Several games I'm eyeing
Tents and trees 50% off
Dreamscaper $9.12
Post Void $2.39
Looking at the EU shop, these stands out at their lowest price ever:
  • Loney Mountains Downhill (including its DLC)
  • Cursed to golf (please note that this is more of a puzzle platformer than a sports game, despite the name)

But there are also sooo many really good games now at virtually nothing, which have been discounted at the same price before.

A word of warning: the Switch version has an annoying save file bug that makes you lose all progress. I recommend screenshotting all solutions, as they may be useful for referencing in future chapters.

If the bug happens and the game just keeps throwing you to the tutorial instead of chapter selection, you will have to delete your save file (from cloud saves as well if you have NSO). You can then use minus + Y in the chapter selection to skip the ones you've already completed.

There's been some discussion on this on the Discord server of the game. My understanding is that the devs have submitted a fix, but it's been stuck in some kind of a limbo between the publisher, porting studio and Nintendo for a while now.

Ok, I hit the bug and lost all progress...

Several games I'm eyeing
Tents and trees 50% off
Dreamscaper $9.12
Post Void $2.39
I'm eyeing Chico - does this mean you played it? 😃

Goblin Sword $2
Harlow $2.59
Mail Mole $6
Monomals $4

Anyone recommend any of these? Zelda likes and 2D platformers are my fave but I love most family friendly indies...

I own exactly 0 indies on the switch so far and have wishlisted the below. Any glaring omissions that are currently on sale?

• Untitled Goose Game
  • A short hike
  • Hollow Knight

There are tons for me but I'll keep it to just two!

Dicey Dungeons - it does get as low as $2 but its on sale for $5 and will give you dozens of hours of enjoyment. One of my favorite games of all time. I never thought I'd enjoy a roguelite deck-builder.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - this is essentially DKC4 or 6 depending on how you look at it, it's a brilliant 2D platformer and one of the best of the past decade. Incredibly satisfying and intuitive DK-esque gameplay and endlessly creative level design. The OST is sublime, too.

I'm eyeing Chico - does this mean you played it? 😃

Goblin Sword $2
Harlow $2.59
Mail Mole $6
Monomals $4

Anyone recommend any of these? Zelda likes and 2D platformers are my fave but I love most family friendly indies...
Haven't played it. But it looks cool, got good reviews, is very cheap, so I'll snag it eventually.

Mail Mole $6
Mail Mole is worth six bucks for sure. The level design is kinda basic for a 3D platformer, but I presume it's because the game is accounting for players adjusting to the different movement mechanics.

I own exactly 0 indies on the switch so far and have wishlisted the below. Any glaring omissions that are currently on sale?

• Untitled Goose Game
  • A short hike
  • Hollow Knight
You're honestly set with those three, but if you have the budget for a few more bangers: Hades, Slay The Spire, Gorogoa, Grapple Dog, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Cuphead, and Yoku's Island Express!

• Untitled Goose Game
  • A short hike
  • Hollow Knight
These are heavily discounted

Hades
Ori 1 and 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Celeste
Loop Hero
Katana Zero
The Messenger

• Untitled Goose Game
  • A short hike
  • Hollow Knight

Just got What the Golf on the current sale and the game is hysterical

Thank you for the suggestions! Looks as though there is a pretty significant difference between the sale here (UK) and elsewhere… so no Hades or Celeste for the time being!

Ori however is a very good shout, will see how much budget I have 😅

Back
Top Bottom