• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are we looking at that are near locks to be there?

Mario Kart Wave 6
Splatoon 3’s Side Order
Pokémon S/V dlc
Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG
Borderlands
I honestly think Smash has to be here in some form, regardless of whether the speculation is right and it's new content/Pass 3 or if it's just the Sora Amiibo for some reason. Nintendo is clearly setting up for something big relating to Smash. We just don't know what it is fully.

While I don't think Prime 4 is a lock we do have the Samus Return's Line Samus being restocked, on top of it probably still being a H1 2024 reveal, it should probably be here as well.

Reasonable expectations reveal: Prime 4
Rigorous expectations reveal : DK
Unrealistic expectations reveal : 3D Mario

And a lot of good trusting the process did them!

DDUBVPO.png

Yea, those tank years did not produce the fruit they were hoping for.

Why do people want a FE4 remake so bad? I mean we already got a mainline game and a spin-off between now and 2022, so FE fans have been eating!

It's not about whether or not we want it, the Fire Emblem 4 remake is absolutely 100% real and has finished development. It just hasn't been announced yet.

I honestly think Smash has to be here in some form, regardless of whether the speculation is right and it's new content/Pass 3 or if it's just the Sora Amiibo for some reason. Nintendo is clearly setting up for something big relating to Smash. We just don't know what it is fully.

While I don't think Prime 4 is a lock we do have the Samus Return's Line Samus being restocked, on top of it probably still being a H1 2024 reveal, it should probably be here as well.
I think it's a bit strange people are setting expectations to it being like 2022's September Direct because while I get not wanting to be disappointed, Nintendo specifically wanted Nintendo Live to be a more mainstream event this year for some reason, and this is probably going to be the last Switch focused Direct, Nintendo still has a lot of Switch games they're sitting on that they need to release and I don't think they would want to squish those games down when Nintendo is going to want to focus on marketing their next-gen system and the next 3D Mario across 2024. I think Nintendo is gearing up to have a direct like the June one, but instead of a Mario focus, it'll have more of a general Nintendo one.

I'm excited for the review thread! I just hope the process doesn't end with a Philadelphia "76" on Metacritic. That'd be some bush league bs!
I don't see it getting more than a $70%

The funny thing about this is that I don't even like FE4! I'm just extremely curious to see how they go about remaking it.

Personally hoping for a non-packed Direct.

Which I know goes against the very spirit of this thread and probably even the terms of service for this website, but that's where I'm at. I have too much games already lol.

It was never released outside of Japan, and it is considered one of the best FE games.
That makes sense, I just personally like a bit of distance between major releases in a franchise. At least FE fans aren’t as greedy as zelda fans (I’m zelda fans)

Personally hoping for a non-packed Direct.

Which I know goes against the very spirit of this thread and probably even the terms of service for this website, but that's where I'm at. I have too much games already lol.
Why would you hope for everybody to be disappointed just because you already have games to play

You don't have to play games as soon as they come out you know

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

"Amiibo experts" have been desperately clinging to every and anything to convince themselves that Sora is getting an amiibo. The amiibo reddit is just a bunch of people that never made it past the denial stage of the 5 stages of grief.

The "Smash amiibo restock" that people have been clinging to is just a standard restock and has been going for ages, over a month ago, e.g. :

, it's not really likely anything more than they had some free production time for amiibo, and chose those ones out of the back catalogue just because.

You know it's also entirely possible to get your point across without sounding so rude right

Why would you hope for everybody to be disappointed just because you already have games to play

where does he say he hopes people are disappointed? all he said was that he has too many games to play so he wouldnt mind a less packed direct. if people get disappointed, it's entirely on them. this is some twitter pancakes vs waffles take.

That's the thing, I don't play games as soon as they come out. Sometimes I wait a decade or two.

As to why I want to see people disappointed, well that's because I'm just a huge sicko.

where does he say he hopes people are disappointed? all he said was that he has too many games to play so he wouldnt mind a less packed direct. if people get disappointed, it's entirely on them. this is some twitter pancakes vs waffles take.
Oh good lord

They hoped for a non-packed Direct. This would be disappointing for a lot of people. Therefore, they're hoping for something that would disappoint a lot of people. I shortened it by saying that they're hoping for people to be disappointed.

I'm using the transitive property to clarify my point.

"I wouldn't mind a less packed Direct" is not what they said, they said "I hope it's less packed".

A new DK game being announced makes little sense when promoting Mario Wonder.
There's two cases where I believe they could.

Either...

a) It's like with Princess Peach. You can announce the game now, and it won't hurt Mario because the DK game is possibly not going to be released until Summer 2024, at the earliest.

or...

b) It's DK, but it's a different take/genre. A 3D platformer? Something a bit more oft-kilter, like some wild platformer action-RPG combo? Either way, again, doesn't affect Mario.

I really want to bet the house that Capcom has something big to share.
Again...c'mon, Mega Man!!

I don't see why the impending release of Super Mario Bros. Wonder would preclude a Donkey Kong related announcement. There's a multimillion-dollar DK theme park expansion opening in Japan early next year. If anything, the fact that they've waited this long to start promoting the brand—assuming there's an announcement next week—is kind of crazy.

I was DM'd.. this, by someone on Twitter. I think there's about a 99% chance it's fake or confused with a fan mockup, but I thought I'd send it here just in case it somehow ends up being real.
HlirErot.png
You know its fake when you can count the pixels

I feel like we are a month or two early for that. Wave 5 came out in July. Also, Wave 3 was revealed in November of last year.
We always get a teaser for the next wave in directs (with the exception being wave 2 since there was no traditional summer direct, just a partner showcase) so we'll definitely see at least a bit of it.

I was DM'd.. this, by someone on Twitter. I think there's about a 99% chance it's fake or confused with a fan mockup, but I thought I'd send it here just in case it somehow ends up being real.
HlirErot.png
d
Does every ””””””leak”””””” have to be shown in the worst quality imaginable. Like you can’t even be bothered to make your fake leak look good?

you know he's serious when he's willing to lose 50% of his max HP
Why's it 100 instead of 99 (unless you're aware of a mockup)? Nintendo never confirmed how many characters were going to be added
they're not gonna add ten characters at once

HlirErot.png
I swear I've seen a non-pixelated version of this image on Twitter before. iirc, it was a mockup of that the roster would look like if everyone from Tour was added.

Quoted by: tee
Does every ””””””leak”””””” have to be shown in the worst quality imaginable. Like you can’t even be bothered to make your fake leak look good?
After sneaking in Furukawa's basement and stealing footage, the OP felt a desperate and immediate need to downscale the image 60 times

HlirErot.png
I literally see where the edits are, look at the bad editing near inkling girl and diddy, big yikes

I swear I've seen a non-pixelated version of this image on Twitter before. iirc, it was a mockup of that the roster would look like if everyone from Tour was added.
Trying to look right now so I can debunk this quickly lol

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people want FE4 simply because Engage was a bit of a dud.
The FE fandom has wanted a remake of FE4 since FE2 was remade which we now know as Shadows of Valentia since that gave them the indication and hope that the rest of the Japanese exclusive releases would be remade and be released internationally. FE4 in particular is what people wanted due to its story. Often regarded as one of, if not the best story in the franchise.

The only thing I can find is a four second clip of the blurry image lmao

I remember Gamexplain had speculated with the last wave Diddy Kong was going to come. I think that honestly makes sense for the most DK in the direct. Regardless of Ashen said it or not as far as DK in Mario Kart is concerned.

A new DK game being announced makes little sense when promoting Mario Wonder.
Nintendo can do a short teaser for this new Donkey Kong game, kinda like they revealed the Peach game, here 10/30 seconds tease of the new Donkey Kong coming someday in 2024,

After sneaking in Furukawa's basement and stealing footage, the OP felt a desperate and immediate need to downscale the image 60 times
Also, it infuriates me that the mii isnt in the bottom corner anymore. Like the entire point of the mii character is that it’s different from everyone else, and here it’s placed like any other character ( I probably put more thought into this image then the leaker did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom