• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FE fandom has wanted a remake of FE4 since FE2 was remade which we now know as Shadows of Valentia since that gave them the indication and hope that the rest of the Japanese exclusive releases would be remade and be released internationally. FE4 in particular is what people wanted due to its story. Often regarded as one of, if not the best story in the franchise.
hard with today sensibillites, Nintendo would have to heavily censor the game, to not harm today Society.

Quoted by: lol
I was DM'd.. this, by someone on Twitter. I think there's about a 99% chance it's fake or confused with a fan mockup, but I thought I'd send it here just in case it somehow ends up being real.
HlirErot.png

Potato quality images will never get old for me.

that's not a debunk, they aren't in the corner even now
aqr5rl2ib9cb1.jpg

Well, the fact that your picture has them lined up along the bottom when the existing DLC characters are lined up on the right is enough of a debunk.

Quoted by: tee
Well, the fact that your picture has them lined up along the bottom when the existing DLC characters are lined up on the right is enough of a debunk.
How else would they be lined up? The picture depicts more DLC characters than we know are getting (at least two)

Nah, they had better not censor FE4. If anything, it needs to be even darker; FE4 has a lot of tell rather than show (likely due to SNES limitations?), I want to see stuff like Sigurd's BBQ shown in all its glory, as well as more detail of stuff like the child hunts, Arvis's childhood, etc. alongside the supplementary material (manga, etc.) and brand-new story elements being added to the game. They can make the game rated M if they need to, FE's audience is mainly teens and adults, and I bet the first M-rated FE game (and first M-rated game in a Nintendo IP in general) would bring a lot of attention to the game anyway.

If Engage gets to be the teehee haha unserious lighthearted child-friendly game with a barebones story, then FE4R should be the opposite, if only for the sake of experimentation to see how the mainstream audience reacts comparatively.

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm coming off that way. I'm just trying to make the most sense of it using what we know (and I do believe it's fake)
Okay sick, in that case, good catch on those things. I think if they add more characters they will continue stacking on the right and possibly require scrolling.

Quoted by: tee
Okay sick, in that case, good catch on those things. I think if they add more characters they will continue stacking on the right and possibly require scrolling.
They definitely could! Just depends on what they want to have visible at once.
The possibility of having more than two characters in wave 6 is exciting, but I've got to be sensible and keep my hype in check..

Does every ””””””leak”””””” have to be shown in the worst quality imaginable. Like you can’t even be bothered to make your fake leak look good?
How else would we know it's a leak if it isn't super blurry and/or looks like it was shot from 2 meters away with a phone camera from the 2000s?

Nah, they had better not censor FE4. If anything, it needs to be even darker; FE4 has a lot of tell rather than show (likely due to SNES limitations?), I want to see stuff like Sigurd's BBQ shown in all its glory, as well as more detail of stuff like the child hunts, Arvis's childhood, etc. alongside the supplementary material (manga, etc.) and brand-new story elements being added to the game. They can make the game rated M if they need to, FE's audience is mainly teens and adults, and I bet the first M-rated FE game (and first M-rated game in a Nintendo IP in general) would bring a lot of attention to the game anyway.

If Engage gets to be the teehee haha unserious lighthearted child-friendly game with a barebones story, than FE4R should be the opposite, if only for the sake of experimentation to see how the mainstream audience reacts comparatively.
As much as I think #DemThrones has helped elevate what can fly for the mainstream, there's still certain things that I wonder if Nintendo would really let fly in a modern age.

pretty sure they're just talking about the incest and rape

Like this is what I'd be mainly wondering about. Sure, you could probably alter those elements, if necessary, and not affect the story in a huge way. But it just wouldn't be the same. And it's not like these elements are worthy of praise, they're depicted as being very, very wrong.

FE4 is pretty heavily spoiled in FE Heroes, and there's nothing in that suggesting they plan on altering the plot in any way, at least in regard to those elements. I'm not even sure how you could given their importance to the plot.

I really don't understand why Nintendo would give a 20 second teaser of untitled princess Peach game if they planned to fully unveil it 3 months later. I don't think we're gonna see that game again until next year.
Mario (and all things pertaining to the brand) is at its hottest, right now, thanks to the movie, and will likely only maintain that fervor thanks to the likes of Wonder, RPG and the theme parks.

Methinks it would pay to keep it going with Peach's new game getting more play. Especially if it's something that could be feasibly be ready to ship by Q1 2024.

I really don't understand why Nintendo would give a 20 second teaser of untitled princess Peach game if they planned to fully unveil it 3 months later. I don't think we're gonna see that game again until next year.
Because they announced every (Switch 1-bound) Mario project they had in the works at that Direct, and even said out loud that's what they were doing, because of the movie/theme park/etc.

Although even outside of that, it's not really that unusual? "Kirby (temp.)" at E3 2017 before Star Allies was fully revealed in September 2017 came to mind right away, but there are probably better examples too.

the former is a pivotal plot point so i'm not sure how they'd go about censoring it to be honest

though, i could definitely see them altering that one scene in the 2nd gen that heavily implies that a playable character was sexually assaulted

Ah, true, that stuff would be a bit, uhhh... iffy to say the least, especially for a Nintendo game. Still though, They're important parts of the story and are very much treated as bad things (unlike some of the nonsense in say, Fates lol), so I don't think Nintendo/IS should shy away from those elements in the remake.

Again, they should just let the game be rated M if it's too much for FE's traditional "T" rating. I don't think it would shrink the audience (if 3H vs Engage sales are anything to go by, the opposite is probably true lol), and if done well, it could make the game an all-timer and not just "another FE".

I think it's a bit strange people are setting expectations to it being like 2022's September Direct because while I get not wanting to be disappointed, Nintendo specifically wanted Nintendo Live to be a more mainstream event this year for some reason, and this is probably going to be the last Switch focused Direct, Nintendo still has a lot of Switch games they're sitting on that they need to release and I don't think they would want to squish those games down when Nintendo is going to want to focus on marketing their next-gen system and the next 3D Mario across 2024. I think Nintendo is gearing up to have a direct like the June one, but instead of a Mario focus, it'll have more of a general Nintendo one.
Because that tends to be how Nintendo operate on Switch. Personally I don't see last September as being disappointing; I think it's important to remember though there was a lot of chat in the lead up that didn't pan out (Metroid Prime and Zelda HD titles for example were widely expected despite the latter not making much sense) - plus while Nintendo did get the Tears of the Kingdom date out, they barely lifted the lid on it once again despite expectations there'd be more shared. I think those factors contributed a lot to the reaction last year.

February and sometimes June are more announcement heavy in terms of first party titles, while September is slightly on the lower end. 1 to 3 brand new reveals this month would be about par for the course and in line with the last few years, without being as high as this June which saw 5 game reveals plus the first gameplay for Detective Pikachu.

You'd have a pretty packed Direct:

• updates on the 4 titles coming before Christmas
  • 1 to 3 new titles confirmed
  • DLC detailed for an unknown number of games (Pokemon, Splatoon 3, Mario Kart? Smash? Zelda?)
  • potentially updates on 1 to 3 previously announced games for 2024 (Peach, Luigi's Mansion 2, Metroid)

Unless Nintendo plan on dropping the February Direct, or revealing new hardware before the fiscal year closes out, there isn't all that much need for them to be particularly aggressive this month. They have a slate of games and DLC incoming and 2024 is beginning to shape up.

Yes DK is coming to theme parks next year. I still think Nintendo can easily wait until the February direct to announce it.

People thought Nintendo “had to have a Mario game right with the Mario movie”. And they sure didn’t. The Mario game is coming 6 months later. You can announce a DK game in February and release 6-7 months later.

Because that tends to be how Nintendo operate on Switch. Personally I don't see last September as being disappointing; I think it's important to remember though there was a lot of chat in the lead up that didn't pan out (Metroid Prime and Zelda HD titles for example were widely expected despite the latter not making much sense) - plus while Nintendo did get the Tears of the Kingdom date out, they barely lifted the lid on it once again despite expectations there'd be more shared. I think those factors contributed a lot to the reaction last year.

February and sometimes June are more announcement heavy in terms of first party titles, while September is slightly on the lower end. 1 to 3 brand new reveals this month would be about par for the course and in line with the last few years, without being as high as this June which saw 5 game reveals plus the first gameplay for Detective Pikachu.

• DLC detailed for an unknown number of games (Pokemon, Splatoon 3, Mario Kart? Smash? Zelda?)
  • potentially updates on 1 to 3 previously announced games for 2024 (Peach, Luigi's Mansion 2, Metroid)

Unless Nintendo plan on dropping the February Direct, or revealing new hardware before the fiscal year closes out, there isn't all that much need for them to be particularly aggressive this month. They have a slate of games and DLC incoming and 2024 is beginning to shape up.
Yeah they need to end the switch off with a bang, I expect a stacked direct

I suspect by February, they would already want to be pushing their next generation. Wouldn't they want to be a bit more aggressive now after successfully making Nintendo Live more mainstream? I completely agree it's normal for it to be on the lower end of things, though I don't see what they would gain from holding back. They might as well let a couple of new 2024 Switch games get the spotlight while they can before the new 3D Mario gets a majority of marketing time.
They also now have mass brand interest in the West due to Nintendo Live. It would be weird for them to flounder on the opportunity.

I'm not saying this should be the expectation, of course. It's just to me it would be weirder for them to hold back. They really have no reason to.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a lot of DLC for the Direct:

MK8D Final Booster Pack (obviously)
Splatoon 3 Side Order (also obviously)
Legend of Zelda: Expansion Pass of the Kingdom
Pikmin 4: Louie's Revenge (1-2 new areas, and a bunch of new dandori challenges)
Mario Wonder Rosalina Expansion (please)

It could help make up for a potential lighter release schedule next year in preparation for Switch 2

I suspect by February, they would already want to be pushing their next generation. Wouldn't they want to be a bit more aggressive now after successfully making Nintendo Live more mainstream? I completely agree it's normal for it to be on the lower end of things, though I don't see what they would gain from holding back. They might as well let a couple of new 2024 Switch games get the spotlight while they can before the new 3D Mario gets a majority of marketing time.
They now have mass brand interest in the west due to Nintendo Live. It would be weird for them to flounder on the opportunity.

I'm not saying this should be the expectation, of course. It's just to me it would be weirder for them to hold back. They really have no reason to.
I fully expect to see at least 1 more Nintendo title for 2024; maybe as many as 3. I expect to see more about at least 1 of their existing 2024 titles; maybe even details or dates about 3 of those games. It also wouldn't surprise me to see further announcements in the next few months, like a replacement game for Pacman 99 in October, or something at TGA in December.

I personally don't think the next 3D Mario or the Switch successor is getting revealed until May/June 2024. That gives Nintendo plenty of time this September and in February to gradually reveal the 2024 slate for the current Switch. I don't expect Nintendo to get ahead of themselves when they still have this Christmas season and the first few months of 2024 to advertise and discuss.

I don't think anyone should expect this Direct to be about anything more than the next six months or so from a first party perspective; at least I'd expect the vast majority of things to be slated for that time period. I expect Prime 4 features but I'm hoping it's not too far away.

I'm expecting a lot of DLC for the Direct:

MK8D Final Booster Pack (obviously)
Splatoon 3 Side Order (also obviously)
Legend of Zelda: Expansion Pass of the Kingdom
Pikmin 4: Louie's Revenge (1-2 new areas, and a bunch of new dandori challenges)
Mario Wonder Rosalina Expansion (please)

It could help make up for a potential lighter release schedule next year in preparation for Switch 2
maybe the theme of the direct with be DLC

I fully expect to see at least 1 more Nintendo title for 2024; maybe as many as 3. I expect to see more about at least 1 of their existing 2024 titles; maybe even details or dates about 3 of those games. It also wouldn't surprise me to see further announcements in the next few months, like a replacement game for Pacman 99 in October, or something at TGA in December.

I personally don't think the next 3D Mario or the Switch successor is getting revealed until May/June 2024. That gives Nintendo plenty of time this September and in February to gradually reveal the 2024 slate for the current Switch. I don't expect Nintendo to get ahead of themselves when they still have this Christmas season and the first few months of 2024 to advertise and discuss.

I don't think anyone should expect this Direct to be about anything more than the next six months or so from a first party perspective; at least I'd expect the vast majority of things to be slated for that time period. I expect Prime 4 features but I'm hoping it's not too far away.
I agree. I don't expect anything past Spring. However, I don't see them showing their next system without a new game to go alongside it, and that would most definitely be the 3D Mario. Maybe it won't get any details until June 2024, though I don't see them showing off the system without its core game going with it.

I was hoping for a packed Direct, but people questioning Fire Emblem has made me root for a non-packed Direct. Team Spite, baby!

I think the people rooting for a lighter direct are on to something. Think about it, every time we ask for something, Nintendo does the opposite. Thus, us asking for a lighter direct will cause a BIGGER one to drop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom