• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really NEED prime 4 news? We could go for another year of waiting. And while your at it nintendo, might as well cancel that new DK game planned to launch in march

Revealing a new DK (if its 3D, at least be course based like 3D World) and Prime 4 would be a 10/10 direct, and being honest, is pretty amazing nintendo still has lots of titles (both originals, remasters and remakes) coming to switch, including its third party support. I mean, this system is 6 and half years and still rocking the charts.

If DK is shown, it's 100% a 3D game. A 2D platformer announcement doesn't make sense at this time with Super Mario Bros Wonder just around the corner. I'm not sure if releasing a major 3D platformer right before the Switch 2 is a good idea, but we'll see what happens!
Hey, a few days back we were speculating on the theme of the Direct, maybe we will get 2D DK next to Mario Wonder and Untitled Peach Game and Silksong. 2D Direct!

2Direct

Well then 🙃 Guess I took the bait hook, line and sinker lmao
Honestly I thought your response was you furthering the joke by pretending to take it seriously 😅

I know it like the back of my hand and could recite it in my sleep. I just don't really get it
Go sit somewhere and have a calzone, Ben.
Ben-Wyatt-I-Dont-Get-It-At-All.gif

I'll make a thread later to address this, and explain why I trust the process.
Dude you already did:

there's a 100% chance it's fake
but it's so blurry it's gotta be real

was it about tummy sticks
just googled this, thanks 😅

Honestly I thought your response was you furthering the joke by pretending you were taking it seriously 😅
Naw, I'm just bad at picking up sarcasm on the internet (and sometimes irl, but I can at least mask that as "well my sarcasm is drier than yours and I was just playing along" when confronted with a bamboozle)

Dude you already did
From a certain point of view, I guess that's true! 😅 I still need a definitive resource to point to for when people ask about The Process, though. I may also make a Famiboards Club for The Process, even though we don't use Clubs for anything at all. Just having all the disciples like myself, @Gengar, @TheSpaceBetween, and anyone else who #TTP united under a holy house of our unwavering conviction is enough for me.

I haven't been keeping up, what potential dates are we looking at for the direct?
I think the 13th September is currently what most people are rooting for. It's a bit weird due to Pokemon launching at that day but seems like some insiders are pretty certain.

Regarding those rumors about the Peach game having exploration like classic Paper Mario/classic pm vibes, I've not played the newer paper marios and I'm curious what is the main difference in exploration between entries? I know about the battle differences but I guess I assumed they were mostly the same otherwise

I'd love to have an episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast all about The Process.

Regarding those rumors about the Peach game having exploration like classic Paper Mario/classic pm vibes, I've not played the newer paper marios and I'm curious what is the main difference in exploration between entries? I know about the battle differences but I guess I assumed they were mostly the same otherwise
Do you like backtracking and hitting a sleeping Bob-Omb 100 times with your hammer?

There’s more open exploration in the newer games. Backtracking is prevalent and more linearity in the older games

There’s more open exploration in the newer games. Backtracking is prevalent and more linearity in the older games
I've been going through the first one on NSO. I'm not finding too much backtracking for the main story, just that koopa mayor asking for a million favors. But yeah, the linearity is the main thing that sticks out to me. Like would this really excite people about the Peach game?

Do you like backtracking and hitting a sleeping Bob-Omb 100 times with your hammer?
To be fair, I'm not sure I'd call the latter exploration

I've been going through the first one on NSO. I'm not finding too much backtracking for the main story, just that koopa mayor asking for a million favors. But yeah, the linearity is the main thing that sticks out to me. Like would this really excite people about the Peach game?

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd call the latter exploration
The backtracking is more prevalent in TTYD and no it doesn’t excite me lol. I guess we’ll see if it’s true and how it plays out.

Origami King I think is by far the best in that aspect.

If Intelligent System is working on the Princess Peach game then that would mean that the next direct could potentially feature 3 games co-developed/developed by them: WarioWare, Princess Peach and FE4R.

I'd love to have an episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast all about The Process.
I've not been involved in the podcast, but I'd totally be up for appearing on an episode at some point, if the others are cool with that! Just waiting until after the MP4 Direct, whether that's this one, the next one, the one after that...

Anyway, rest assured, there's no way I make it through a Metroid-centric episode without multiple mentions of The Process. 🙌

If Intelligent System is working on the Princess Peach game then that would mean that the next direct could potentially feature 3 games co-developed/developed by them: WarioWare, Princess Peach and FE4R.
I have a feeling the peach game is made by next level. It just reeks of their art style and designs, plus the animations remind me a bit of Luigi’s mansion 3

Thinking about it, the Peach game could very likely introduce a brand new antagonist just for the Princess. Every time the Mario series characters get their own staring role, it typically comes with a new recurring baddie.

Super Mario Bros. - Bowser
Wario Land - Captain Syrup
DKC - K. Rool
Yoshi's Island - Kamek
Luigi's Mansion - King Boo
Captain Toad - Wingo(tho I guess they aren't really recurring so far huh)

Yes I know the first time Peach got her own game, this didn't occur, but this time around it feels like they are taking the idea of Peach having her own games more seriously. Guess we'll see.

Peach had a companion in Super Princess Peach and that was by Tose. She has another possible companion character here…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom