• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t minis (with the exception being partner showcases) almost always just dropped on YouTube? I guess either way we don’t have much longer to find out.

I think it's for the best that no one leaks the contents of this direct. If it really is a mini, I will have absolutely no restraint and simply will read these spoilers out of spite just to know exactly where my expectations should lie.

why is there always a catch in 2022? If it isn't a General Direct it is really baffling why it wouldn't be,

@Rareware @Phendrift I don't know the contents of the Direct. I only know the date and time it's airing.

Metroid stuff is my own personal speculation. I have no idea how/when they plan to release it.

Mini also puts me back on the October standalone Drake reveal train. Give people a heads up what they are buying this holiday and allows all upcoming software to be freely talked about again. Still think Drake is a gen 2 Switch.

My biggest hope for this direct is Wind Waker on switch, and that seems like a solid announcement for a Mini so either way I’m excited.

Don’t make me call it again
kevin-the-office.gif

I would have been just fine with just the Zelda HD Remasters but will be disappointed if we don't even get those announced on Tuesday. Metroid Prime Remastered woukd have been a nice bonus. 😔

I just don't understand why Nintendo would have a Direct of any kind right now that includes first party titles, release Metroid Prime remakester this holiday, and not show the game in this upcoming presentation - Mini or otherwise. Really hope Prime shows up!

A mini also 100% writes off BOTW 2. It's wild how it now feels somewhat unreasonable to predict a remaster launching this holiday and a decent trailer for a game that was announced over three years ago.
1. It might still not be a Mini. We’re sort of in uncharted waters with regards to the timing of this Direct in general; it’s already not holding to previous patterns.

2. Mini or not, I’m actually not expecting BotW2 at this Direct, and haven’t been for a while. But especially not after the rumors crystallized around WW/TP showing up.

y'know...

the morning of the 13th would put the Direct on the same day in Japan

September 13th is recognized as the release date of the first Super Mario Bros...

2D Mario confirmed

I’m sure that’s the plan. Don’t particular trust Nintendo on handling that well. Too be fair. I’ve avoided the hardware thread so have no clue what’s supposedly on the horizon.
Spoilering this in case you don't want to know what's supposedly on the horizon:
  • Same basic form factor, possibly even going as far as using the OLED dock (since there are some ventilation-related things in it that don't seem to be utilized by any current Switch chassis, it's possibly futureproofed for the upcoming Switch)
  • A bonkers leap in power thanks to a new chip that's around PS4ish levels (more or less depending on clock speeds, but what was leaked of the chip by the Nvidia hack confirms we're around that ballpark)
  • Nvidia's DLSS upscaling is built in, taking that "PS4 level" up to 4K
  • More than likely a strong backwards-compatibility solution so games compiled for "regular-Switch" will still play nice with "super-Switch" chip
  • Essentially "still a Switch" that plays old/current Switch games but futureproofed to handle a whole lot more

y'know...

September 13th is recognized as the release date of the first Super Mario Bros...

2D Mario confirmed
I don’t think 2D Mario is off the table at all. Something will likely release near the Mario movie.

y'know...

2D Mario confirmed
Announcing New Super Mario Bros. 3, coming 3/24/23, hope you weren’t expecting BotW2 in March

I think because of the proximity to TGS, it is equally likely that this Direct is either 1) a Mini or 2) a General airing at an unusual time in order to play ball with developers needing to showcase their games with enough time left to spare before TGS begins in local time.

When I say vague, I mean more along the lines of the Switch's October 2016 reveal. Compared to the far more detailed reveal it then got in January 2017.

So basically yes I agree, the Switch 2/Pro reveal will include the look and basic specs (not price though, that will be announced later and closer to launch as with all consoles). I also do not think that announcement will be enough to dissuade Holiday buyers this year though.
yeah fair enough, it may not be enough to dissuade most buyers but I don't see Nintendo even risking that possibility with a 2022 announcement, we shall see

Spoilering this in case you don't want to know what's supposedly on the horizon:
  • Same basic form factor, possibly even going as far as using the OLED dock (since there are some ventilation-related things in it that don't seem to be utilized by any current Switch chassis, it's possibly futureproofed for the upcoming Switch)
  • A bonkers leap in power thanks to a new chip that's around PS4ish levels (more or less depending on clock speeds, but what was leaked of the chip by the Nvidia hack confirms we're around that ballpark)
  • Nvidia's DLSS upscaling is built in, taking that "PS4 level" up to 4K
  • More than likely a strong backwards-compatibility solution so games compiled for "regular-Switch" will still play nice with "super-Switch" chip
  • Essentially "still a Switch" that plays old/current Switch games but futureproofed to handle a whole lot more
Figured as much. Nintendo better not third pillar the OG switch…

I want you guys to know, I’m supposed to be doing some work tonight so I can flex some hours tomorrow. My dedication right now is to get us to 700 pages, so I’m sacrificing sleep for this.

If it’s a Mini again, I think we are looking at June BOTW2. It’s later than sooner, because you don’t ignore your biggest 2023 game at your last big marketing event of the year for no good reason.

I think because of the proximity to TGS, it is equally likely that this Direct is either 1) a Mini or 2) a General airing at an unusual time in order to play ball with developers needing to showcase their games with enough time left to spare before TGS begins in local time.
was thinking the same regarding point number 2 due to tgs

I want you guys to know, I’m supposed to be doing some work tonight so I can flex some hours tomorrow. My dedication right now is to get us to 700 pages, so I’m sacrificing sleep for this.
We are winning the fight, thank you! Soon to be eight pages with seven hours left. We got this!

also me watching the things foretold unfold:

👉😎👉

I was about to post how impressed I was that the thread is still moving so fast at this time of night

Then I saw why
We were actually doing really well just on our own hype before despair news supercharged our activity.

Alright, here are my predictions for Tuesday, left appropriately loose for the circumstances:

• Style Savvy. I don't think Syn Sophia has moved on from the series.
  • Nintendo Switch Sports Golf. I'm not sure if this will find its way into a Direct of any kind, but I think there's a decent chance they go ahead and talk about it.
  • 2D Mario. I was joking above, but I do think it's coming. It feel pretty confident that it won't be a "New" branded game, but Nintendo could disappoint me.
  • Metroid Prime Remastered. Yeah, I believe the rumors, sue me. Comes with an assuring mention of Metroid Prime 4.
  • Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. I suspect that these will be separate $40 releases, rather than being bundled together. This is also what I'm hoping for, as I'd much rather get a physical copy of just Wind Waker. Like Metroid, I expect some reassurance about the state of the next game.
  • Those Final Fantasy games people are hoping for. Yeah, I don't follow other publishers too well.
  • Everybody's 1-2 Switch. I know it's thought of as a "blue ocean" sort of game, but I think an online-oriented party game does have a place in a Nintendo Direct, mini or otherwise.

You should have acted. They’re already here. The insiders spoke of their return! The coping was merely delay. Till the time after hype returned. When Nintendo fans would shitpost in their own thread.

But no one wanted to believe. Believe it could even happen. And when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in disappointment.

But, there’s one they yet fear. In their tongue he’s Eiji Aonuma - bringer of hype!

It would be silly to rule out anything based on "patterns" when a Direct on a Tuesday is already not something that usually happens. So I'm going to assume it's option 2 until proven otherwise. But if it's option 1, people should remember that there have only been two (non-Partner) Mini Directs in the Switch era, and at least one of them had some substantial announcements.

Figured as much. Nintendo better not third pillar the OG switch…
I was genuinely expecting the OG Switch to be discontinued and the OLED to be price-dropped into being the new de facto base model, while Drake takes the OLED's spot as the premium model.

But

Based on the way these things are all still selling, I really dunno anymore..

Alright, here are my predictions for Tuesday, left appropriately loose for the circumstances:

• Style Savvy. I don't think Syn Sophia has moved on from the series.
  • Nintendo Switch Sports Golf. I'm not sure if this will find its way into a Direct of any kind, but I think there's a decent chance they go ahead and talk about it.
  • 2D Mario. I was joking above, but I do think it's coming. It feel pretty confident that it won't be a "New" branded game, but Nintendo could disappoint me.
  • Metroid Prime Remastered. Yeah, I believe the rumors, sue me. Comes with an assuring mention of Metroid Prime 4.
  • Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. I suspect that these will be separate $40 releases, rather than being bundled together. This is also what I'm hoping for, as I'd much rather get a physical copy of just Wind Waker. Like Metroid, I expect some reassurance about the state of the next game.
  • Those Final Fantasy games people are hoping for. Yeah, I don't follow other publishers too well.
  • Everybody's 1-2 Switch. I know it's thought of as a "blue ocean" sort of game, but I think an online-oriented party game does have a place in a Nintendo Direct, mini or otherwise.
This is like the ultimate shit sandwich, so probably will happen if it’s a mini.

I didn’t do third party mainly because it is so hard to guess, but I think Dragon Quest III HD 2D has a great shot of being here, for the big Square Switch exclusive February/March slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom