• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Mini makes sense considering we will mostly get ports, remakes and remasters. So I guess no BotW2 news then? :(

It's important to note that the difference between a Mini and a Partner is drastic. A Mini has Nintendo games and first showed up in March 2020, which showed XBC DE, Clubhouse Games, and more.
Minis existed prior to then. I don’t remember the first one though.

Jokes aside, there has actually never been a Mini in the Switch era I didn't like, so I would personally have zero issues with that.

Partner ones are dicier. I loved the SMT and MH ones, and this June's one is one of my favorite Directs ever (all formats included), but some of the WORST Directs have also been Partner ones, so it's just a crapshoot how that might go

If it has to be one of the "smaller" formats I hope it is at least a Mini

Of course, in taking from Emily's last comment, I am actually going to hope it's just an early morning general, but you know, might as well prepare for the worst

I think the only thing that's gonna disappoint me is my general apathy towards the Fire Emblem series, and how much time it's gonna take up as a result in this presentation.

Hopefully it's the opener.

Ok I’m telling myself it’s still a general but earlier so that in Japan it airs 2 days before TGS instead of the day before. Cool that’s exactly what’s happening time for me to go to bed and I’ll see the general direct announcement for Tuesday morning as I’m on the way to work :)

And Emily gives us the fuel to get to 700. I’m ready for an early morning direct. Let’s hope it’s still a general. I think TGS and the closeness to that in Japan could necessitate an earlier showing.

Minis have existed since well before the switch era
Yes they have, but pre-Switch era, I believe they were used for branding game-specific Nintendo Direct presentations. Like an Animal Crossing New Leaf Direct was a "Nintendo Direct Mini: Animal Crossing" (and similar such examples).

I think "general" Minis only became a thing in the Switch era?

If it’s a mini, then TP, TWW, and Metroid Prime would fit right in and probably be the main highlights of the direct. Doubtful to expect DK, big new BoTW 2 trailer, Fire Emblem etc. Maybe they’ll be generous and at least give us the title for Zelda.

If it’s a general, then all of the above are still on the table with some other big surprises. We’ll find out soon!

literally never

if I put a vocal track in one of my games take me out behind the shed
But I want the honky night in canada version

i wants it

CedDTwk.gif
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Friends, I am sorry but I have an announcement to make

I have decided I am no longer a Nintendo fan
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

ahahaha yep, calling it now, the switch is dead

mini of some kind this week, switch 2 reveal early next year

we're entering the twilight
was actually just about to post this

No other reason to have this dull of a year presentation-wise

Oh man, a Mini Direct after all this hype and insanity would be such a letdown, but also kind of the most fitting end for this roller coaster that I wouldn’t even be mad.

This is just so annoying, I like knowing things and if there’s fewer big announcements then I know less, and that makes me annoyed .

NINTENDO LET ME KNOW THINGS

Nintendo has announced mid tier games in Mini Directs before

Twice over, in fact!
The biggest mid tier is like a Mario sports game. They’re not announcing a big brand new Fire Emblem in a Mini Direct. That’s equatable to Xenoblade which every new game is announced in a general direct.

If it’s a mini, then TP, TWW, and Metroid Prime would fit right in and probably be the main highlights of the direct. Doubtful to expect DK, big new BoTW 2 trailer, Fire Emblem etc. Maybe they’ll be generous and at least give us the title for Zelda.

If it’s a general, then all of the above are still on the table with some other big surprises. We’ll find out soon!
Right. Mini to me is, like, “here are the remasters/compilations we’re releasing over the next few months.” I know games like Clubhouse were announced in Direct Minis, but still.

That would be one way of clearly telegraphing to anyone not to expect BotW, I suppose.

I’m mostly interested in the ports/remasters/compilations so I’m fine with it being a Mini (if it is), but I would be a little worried about Game Boy NSO potentially not being there in that case.

i am feeling increasingly vindicated about my january reveal > april release (with botw 2) of the super switch prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom