• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch it be the day before Splatoon 3's release. September 8th.

I mean it’s Nintendo after all so anything can happen, but why would Nintendo think in their release week marketing push for one of their big IPs (Splatoon) they should advertise a bunch of other games people may prefer to spend their money on.

I just hope we see BotW 2 in what ever presentation Nintendo has cooked up. I'm still not confident we see the game until they show new hardware.

Ok so, to round up the news:

The Direct is most likely on the week of the 12th. There is a somewhat small chance it happens next week.

It is most likely a General or at least a Mini, given what Nintendo has to show (such as Zelda ports, and Metroid Prime HD).

What all the insiders agree on is a fact we already knew going into this, which is that there will be a “Direct”-branded Nintendo presentation at some point in September.

Everybody relax, and let’s play some games!

There is a somewhat small chance it happens next week.
I think there is 0 chance of this happening and I know they mentioned it. As someone who wrote entire theory on why September 1st makes sense it would still make bigger sense than doing Direct on week from 5th.

The Direct is most likely on the week of the 12th. There is a somewhat small chance it happens next week.

It is most likely a General or at least a Mini, given what Nintendo has to show (such as Zelda ports, and Metroid Prime HD).

What all the insiders agree on is a fact we already knew going into this, which is that there will be a “Direct”-branded Nintendo presentation at some point in September.

I probably won’t today, hand killing me right now

Yes but I really want to play splatoon 3 and that game releases next week (and I can't even play it that day because I'm traveling)

alright everybody, we know when it is

I implore you all to relax until then

peter-parker-j-jonah-jameson.gif

I legitimately actually need to do some thinking about what other games I want to buy/play this year. Life is difficult*

* life actually is difficult but I count my blessings including the fact that I have the disposable income to buy videogames

Re: Nate's musing over people needing to know a Direct exists...I genuinely believe I would take more satisfaction if Nintendo did announce their directs with one or two week's lead-up as opposed to one or two days.

I love the madness, but I could use a little less, that's all. I'd rather speculate more on whats going to be shown rather than when it'll happen, with the general/mini(/partner showcase 🤢🤮) branding at announcement giving a better chance of setting expectations.

Re: Nate's musing over people needing to know a Direct exists...I genuinely believe I would take more satisfaction if Nintendo did announce their directs with one or two week's lead-up as opposed to one or two days.

I love the madness, but I could use a little less, that's all. I'd rather speculate more on whats going to be shown rather than when it'll happen, with the general/mini(/partner showcase 🤢🤮) branding at announcement giving a better chance of setting expectations.
Frankly I would go farther; It'd be nice if Nintendo gave vague direct timings for every year in January, with the promise of immediate notification of delays.

Oh god, those were the days. Only similar things I can think of is waiting till February 2019 for a Direct but that was somewhat ok, then 2020 with late February AC Direct and then pandemic hit the world. But Chibi-Robo is still on the top.

Chibi-Robo and June and July 2022 Direct threads on Fami is where it's at. This will never be beaten.

It’s gonna be an awesome September👌
We have Direct, we have a rumored Playstation Event, Disney Gameshowcase, we have the Apple Event, Ubisoft Forward and Splatoon 3 Release🤩

The direct better tease Wave 3 of MK8 lol...

...even though we know what the tracks will be
It'll tease a couple of tracks and a release window, but don't expect a date or anything. They'll probably show Peach Gardens and Merry Mountain.

when Pikmin 4 is ready

but don't worry guys, I have prepared few more long ass posts about various Nintendo topics that you will scratch your head over and should take us to page 650
Switchum will help with this by using over-the-top shitposts that help build discussion 🙌

Resident Evil VII, Village, REmake 2 and 3 definitely are.

I think the Switch exclusive RE will release on both, tho it'll be heavily enhanced for Pro. So holiday 2023 possible I guess?
Drake will be my first time playing 8, 2R and 3R and it'll be glorious on that OLED screen. Local dimming makes horror games extra scary.

Remember August 2016? All the people were saying the NX would definitely be revealed in September. There were countdowns each week leading to nothing and we didn’t even have any new Wii U games to play. Ultimately we had to wait until the end of October after what felt like an eternity. My worst ever wait for an announcement although that year+ wait during the first waves of Covid was a drag as well but at least we had great Switch games and Twitter drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom