• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendys losers gonna start appreciating math, huh?
bill-trinen.gif

I see; I didn't realise that. So Nintendo may well have something other than Metroid, given that also won't do big numbers in Japan, and Advance Wars wasn't even confirmed for Japan (if that joins the release schedule).
Yup. Bayonetta and Metroid is a great combo, no doubt, but it's not gonna set the sales charts on fire in Japan. Zelda would help quite a bit.

IKR IT IS SO GOOD AHHHHH (I'm on the World 1 boss). Y'know, a little bit before they announced a remake, I played a little bit of Pac Man World for the first time.
I'm so enamored with it that I changed my avatar. So long, disapproving Isabelle. You were great but you didn't quite bring the good vibes I want to bring onto this community.

I think too much importance is being put on the timing of TP/WW, they are ports of ports. They could release them this holiday, and Botw2 make it for spring no problem, imo. I don't see them needing their own half a year.

Tune in on September 1st for roughly 20 minutes of Nintendo Direct featuring games that will never release on Nintendo Switch, including:

• Golden Sun
  • Pilotwings
  • Chibi Robo
  • Ever Oasis
  • And the one that really you won’t see ever: F-Zero.
  • And Star Fox 2

Don't know if this was posted, but some marketing has been shared implying Pokemon will be having some sort of trailer or event on September 1st (likely some sort of Grafaiai reveal):

To me that implies there won't be a Direct on the 1st, but I suppose it could be part of it. First 24 hour livestream Direct.

Tune in on September 1st for roughly 20 minutes of Nintendo Direct featuring games that will never release on Nintendo Switch, including:

• Golden Sun
  • Pilotwings
  • Chibi Robo
  • Ever Oasis
  • And the one that really you won’t see ever: F-Zero.
  • And Star Fox 2

Star Fox 2's already on Switch, silly

(so is Pilotwings SNES, by that measure)

Don't know if this was posted, but some marketing has been shared implying Pokemon will be having some sort of trailer or event on September 1st (likely some sort of Grafaiai reveal):

To me that implies there won't be a Direct on the 1st, but I suppose it could be part of it. First 24 hour livestream Direct.

We are on the no direct on 1st train, looks like week of 12th per Grubb

Just been casually playing Xeno 3 post game each day, think I’ll start chilling here more until ending discourse dies down in the Xeno 3 threads lol

That said I hope in addition to the obvious big guns like MPHD and BotW2, I’m already ready for Wave 2 of the X3 expansion pass. Itching to know who that hero is and how they’re gonna handle integrating their story.

I think we've ruled out a Direct for this week anyways. This week is Pokemon, next week is Splatoon.

Just been casually playing Xeno 3 post game each day, think I’ll start chilling here more until ending discourse dies down in the Xeno 3 threads lol

That said I hope in addition to the obvious big guns like MPHD and BotW2, I’m already ready for Wave 2 of the X3 expansion pass. Itching to know who that hero is and how they’re gonna handle integrating their story.
There's four waves of DLC, right? Which one is the big expansion?

The one thing I'm confused on in regards to the week of the 12th is that it would logically place the Direct on the 15th, which is the day TGS starts. I suppose Wednesday the 14th is also an option but that's still very close to it.

The one thing I'm confused on in regards to the week of the 12th is that it would logically place the Direct on the 15th, which is the day TGS starts. I suppose Wednesday the 14th is also an option but that's still very close to it.
I think 14th makes sense, with announcement 12th or 13th

There's four waves of DLC, right? Which one is the big expansion?
The last one will be the big story expansion

However each hero in XC3 has their own story and is integrated into the world, the next two waves have a new hero each with their associated quests. I’m curious to see how they integrate them.

It’ll be very different from 2’s DLC blades which were easy to integrate due to the blade gacha system (they just give you the core crystal and you unlock the blade). So I think the next two waves of XC3’s will still have some story/lore stuff using the new heroes unlike 2.

There’s also the challenge mode, but that was non-canon in 2 and I expect it to be the same here

Nintendo doesn't have a single game properly dated for 2023 right? This late in the year I don't see how it's not a general.

I want BOTW 2 so badly but even a Mini could be really good with what we know is coming. Just please don't give me all 3rd parties again lol

At this point, I'm planning on wrapping up a few more ascension quests and taking a break. I've more or less entirely cleared everything up through Colony 11 at this point in terms of sidequests, so I figure it's a good stopping point. By the time the big story expansion comes out, I'll probably be interested in returning to XC3 proper, where I can finish everything up and do all of the expansion pass content at the same time.

So he isn’t sure about a date?
Why can’t it be on the 1st then?
He said he heard the week of 12th. But to me it seemed like not 100% about it. It will happen that week tho for sure, just my thoughts when listening to it. He also mentioned "people suggested that it will happen on 1st and announcement today and that didn't happen".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom