• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch Presentation on January 13th 2017
September 13th 2017 Direct
September 13th 2018 Direct*delayed
February 13th 2019 Direct
September 13th 2022 Direct

Nintendo, you should stop using number 13 so much, my god.
Nintendo is Lula 😍
Also Brazil is gonna have an inkling president so they're just returning the favor.

Direct starts

Untitled-1.png
Picture of me tuning in to the Direct hoping to see Prime 4.

What about as a vector?

Space-agnostic proof:
  • 0 is defined as the unique element such that x + 0 = x for all x
  • For each x, (-x) is defined as the unique element such that x + (-x) = 0
  • So 0 + (-0) = 0 (Equation 1)
  • By commutative property of addition, 0 + (-0) = (-0) + 0 (Equation 2)
  • By definition of 0, we have (-0) + 0 = (-0) (Equation 3)
  • Combining equations 2 and 3, we get 0 + (-0) = (-0). Combining this with Equation 1 we get 0 = (-0)

1661881630249.png

I just want a new Mario RPG game IP with older PM/M&L combat, funny characters and good world design. Is it too much to ask, Nintendo?
I want a Mario game that fills the gap of linear 3D Zelda.
And also want a 2D Mario that has a world map like Metroid Dread.
And I want a new Mario RPG by Atlus. Mario MegaTen is something humankind needs but still hasn't got.

I just want a new Mario RPG game IP with older PM/M&L combat, funny characters and good world design. Is it too much to ask, Nintendo?
I'll second this.

But it does seem like it's too much to ask. I've pretty much given up on getting Paper Mario 3 at this point.

What about as a vector?

Space-agnostic proof:
  • Combining equations 2 and 3, we get 0 + (-0) = (-0). Combining this with Equation 1 we get 0 = (-0)
Sir this is a Wendy's

Probably means that BotW2 will fall in the next financial year. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess out now will help this year look much nicer.
I mean, with a major EPD release this month, 2 exclusives in October - one of them for the super duper enthusiast crowd and another a major Mario spin off - plus new Pokemon generation and presumably a Metroid Prime Remaster in November, I really don't see how 2 Zelda ports in that timeframe makes much sense.

If there is a delay for the new title, maybe I could see one releasing. Like I've said, there's obviously a lot I don't know about what Nintendo are doing and that alone could explain why this doesn't make sense to me.
The presentation being discussed is in no way an Indie World. It's a Direct.
I'm curious if you've heard anything about Zelda ports being on the way soon? The timing of them potentially being this year seems odd to me.

I completely accept the idea the games are ported to Switch, and that Nintendo would hang onto them however long they wanted... I just find late 2022 an odd release window all things considered.

Does anyone have a link to the Bombcast taking place in seven minutes? I’ve tried YouTubing and Googling it but haven’t looked in the right places :(

Boosting to 60fps would be something, but doesn't address the bigger issue that this just really isn't the time for this sort of release unless BotW 2 has been delayed again.
I feel the two biggest problems are:
1) Twilight Princess HD itself I mean it looks ugly. Game could really use a new lighting, more foliage, etc. It really will look bare bones on a package with Wind Waker that looks beautiful to this day;
2) releasing this 6 months before BotW is a missed opportunity to have this card for when we're actually gonna pass 12+ months without Zelda. Like between the next 2D game and spin off.

Let me try to break this down
if you add zero to a number, you get the same number. that's what zero means
if you add a positive number and a negative number of the same magnitude, you get zero
if you add negative zero to zero, you get zero. we know this because of the second statement. he's using 0 for x in "x + (-x) = 0"
positive zero plus negative zero is the same as negative zero plus positive zero. "x + (-x) = (-x) + x" using zero for x
this goes back to the first statement. if you add zero to negative zero, you get negative zero. "x + 0 = x" using negative zero for x
we know that "0 + (-0) = -0" and "0 + (-0) = 0." if 0 + (-0) is equal to both zero and negative zero, zero and negative zero are the same number

Let me try to break this down

if you add zero to a number, you get the same number. that's what zero means

if you add a positive number and a negative number of the same magnitude, you get zero

if you add negative zero to zero, you get zero. we know this because of the second statement. he's using 0 for x in "x + (-x) = 0"

positive zero plus negative zero is the same as negative zero plus positive zero. "x + (-x) = (-x) + x" using zero for x

this goes back to the first statement. if you add zero to negative zero, you get negative zero. "x + 0 = x" using negative zero for x

we know that "0 + (-0) = -0" and "0 + (-0) = 0." if 0 + (-0) is equal to both zero and negative zero, zero and negative zero are the same number
imao

I think both of these things are possible but I'd obviously much prefer it to be that Nintendo have a good amount of Zelda content in the works and are confident it's coming on time.
I think they are tbh. If Zelda BotW 2 hadn't been delayed I'd be fully on board for a brand new 2D Zelda for 2023. It's insane how long it's taking after LA.

I think they are tbh. If Zelda BotW 2 hadn't been delayed I'd be fully on board for a brand new 2D Zelda for 2023. It's insane how long it's taking after LA.
I mean, we went four years from Spirit Tracks to A Link Between Worlds because Nintendo didn't have the resources for it. Ocarina of Time 3D came from Grezzo in that interval, but the rollout for brand new 2D Zelda was already under risk because there just weren't the staff available internally.

I really really want to believe that new 2D Zelda is coming and that it's not that far off; but 'plenty of Zelda content' for Nintendo could simply mean more re-releases and another Warriors title. Hyrule Warriors 3 in 2024 isn't outlandish at all, for example.

I'm not feeling it's a big mega general Direct with BotW 2, Prime 4 or other big unannounced Nintendo games. Not at this point where they can keep those kind of AAA games until the new hardware is ready.

A Direct Mini with Prime HD, Zelda ports or a few other little things is a possibility.

I'm watching by the browser/FAMI boards app, if anyone is watching on the Twitch app and can ask Jeff if he knows of any specific announcement of the Direct when the topic comes please

(Specifically if he knows if MP4 has a shot πŸ˜”)

I'm not feeling it's a big mega general Direct with BotW 2, Prime 4 or other big unannounced Nintendo games. Not at this point where they can keep those kind of AAA games until the new hardware is ready.
Some people are saying the hardware is being delayed for BOTW2

Others are saying BOTW2 is being delayed for the hardware

What if it's both? What if, due to poor communication, they keep delaying the hardware so then they delay the software so then they delay the hardware so then they delay ...

I mean, with a major EPD release this month, 2 exclusives in October - one of them for the super duper enthusiast crowd and another a major Mario spin off - plus new Pokemon generation and presumably a Metroid Prime Remaster in November, I really don't see how 2 Zelda ports in that timeframe makes much sense.
It's important to note that Mario + Rabbids is still undated for Japan, and could easily slip into 2023. That probably plays a role, considering that it's set to be the 2nd best selling Nintendo release of Q4 at the moment. That's a fairly big hole in the lineup.

Screw all the haters, I'm gonna keep posting math proofs. Who wants a proof that there are infinite primes?
oh hell yeah, please

4 is just the beginning

It's important to note that Mario + Rabbids is still undated for Japan, and could easily slip into 2023. That probably plays a role, considering that it's set to be the 2nd best selling Nintendo release of Q4 at the moment. That's a fairly big hole in the lineup.
I see; I didn't realise that. So Nintendo may well have something other than Metroid, given that also won't do big numbers in Japan, and Advance Wars wasn't even confirmed for Japan (if that joins the release schedule).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom