• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
guard.png

moments before bill had to go into hiding after making an off-kilter joke about donkey kong

Man, why would you post this photo of us two? Man now our cover is done.

I apologize for taking so long to respond to everyone. For the record, I do read everyone's posts. Please don't think I'm ignoring you.

You would be extremely surprised to hear which famous Nintendo executives had accounts over at Resetera. I would know this because I approved some of those accounts during my brief 1-year stint as an administrator over there. To protect their privacy, I won't reveal any names or usernames. But the main point is: Nintendo isn't the bubble that people think it is. They do secretly get out there and interact with the fans on the internet.

Over at Era, there were so many instances when Nintendo Era members didn't realize they were arguing with famous Nintendo senior producers. :LOL: Cerium and I would see Nintendo fans telling a senior Japanese Nintendo executive: "You're an idiot. You don't know what you're talking about"... Because they didn't know the user worked at Nintendo. 😬
I hope Kimishima is aware of his memey reputation as an assman.

Looking forward to the eventual direct and all the surprises that come with it!

Also, since this thread is the most active, got a quick Mario Party Superstars question:

If a friend and I play online together, and someone at his place also play online with us? So me, and then the two of them on one system online?

Wait a minute. I would argue with people on Era all the time. I was a senior producer at Nintendo this whole time and I didn't even know it! No one wonder Breath of the Wild 2 is taking so long. I should get back to working on that.

I apologize for taking so long to respond to everyone. For the record, I do read everyone's posts. Please don't think I'm ignoring you.

You would be extremely surprised to hear which famous Nintendo executives had accounts over at Resetera. I would know this because I approved some of those accounts during my brief 1-year stint as an administrator over there. To protect their privacy, I won't reveal any names or usernames. But the main point is: Nintendo isn't the bubble that people think it is. They do secretly get out there and interact with the fans on the internet.

Over at Era, there were so many instances when Nintendo Era members didn't realize they were arguing with famous Nintendo senior producers. :LOL: Cerium and I would see Nintendo fans telling a senior Japanese Nintendo executive: "You're an idiot. You don't know what you're talking about"... Because they didn't know the user worked at Nintendo. 😬
My weird sense of humor would be me making a bunch of avatar bets that I know I win to make people have the most annoying picture possible.

If I was a employee undercover lol

This was the best morning fami catch up session I’ve had in a while. Some pure gold posts last night. If NCL executives are reading, please start posting your hair tips for us older forum members so we know how to achieve that silver fox look that seems to be an NCL requirement.

I was doing it a while ago in this thread I think. Or the ST from a couple months ago. Can’t really remember
I must’ve missed it then!

just another example of the two threads blurring together 😂

This was the best morning fami catch up session I’ve had in a while. Some pure gold posts last night. If NCL executives are reading, please start posting your hair tips for us older forum members so we know how to achieve that silver fox look that seems to be an NCL requirement.
Fashion advice too please! I lack drip.

Kensuke Tanabe is getting on here every day as part of a psyop to convince everyone that people actually like modern Paper Mario. Can't say the man isn't committed

NOA employees seeding anti-JRPG sentiment because they're too much work to localize and they'd rather not

Whenever I see a new person with a new account write that they’ve been a long time lurker I wonder how many people read all the stupid shit we post. I use to have some subconscious ignorance, allowing me to believe that on a busier evening, no more than 30 people read any given comment, but the Direct buzz in this thread and the articles that have referenced FamiBoards in the last 2 days have intruded on the belief of a somewhat hidden message boards. The notion that FamiBoards is becoming more publicly recognized begs the follow up question from the last threadmark...

Do you think Teletubbies would watch the Direct on their own stomach or would they stand next to another Teletubby and watch the Direct on each others’ stomach?
Before I joined here I lurked ever since the first chibi robo on fire reset the clock thread. I pretty much read every page/comment lol

Whenever I see a new person with a new account write that they’ve been a long time lurker I wonder how many people read all the stupid shit we post. I use to have some subconscious ignorance, allowing me to believe that on a busier evening, no more than 30 people read any given comment, but the Direct buzz in this thread and the articles that have referenced FamiBoards in the last 2 days have intruded on the belief of a somewhat hidden message boards. The notion that FamiBoards is becoming more publicly recognized begs the follow up question from the last threadmark...

Do you think Teletubbies would watch the Direct on their own stomach or would they stand next to another Teletubby and watch the Direct on each others’ stomach?
This was basically me from months prior due to FE news coming from here lmao. I only joined the forums last week due to me getting permanently suspended from reddit (it was deserved, I admit it since I was being a massive dickhead but still lmao) and needed to find a new place to hang and start over. And Fami fit the bill perfectly lmao.

Screw game leaks this is the real important info.

Especially if one of us guys has a secret cure for baldness.

Yes, its true.
I am your uncle that works at Nintendo.
I wish I could show you pictures of the SUCC but I gave it to my son to keep hidden in his locker, and told him he could only tell his friends at school about it but not show anyone.

Also, since this thread is the most active, got a quick Mario Party Superstars question:

If a friend and I play online together, and someone at his place also play online with us? So me, and then the two of them on one system online?
Yeah, that's possible. That's actually usually the exact setup when I'm playing online (me on my one system, with a multiple friends on their one system)

In honor of Metroid Prime Remaster (hopefully) being on the horizon, tell me if all of you hear this too:

0:12 - 0:22

and then

2:52 - 3:00

I watched this movie yesterday and heard the similarity immediately.

In honor of Metroid Prime Remaster (hopefully) being on the horizon, tell me if all of you hear this too:

0:12 - 0:22

and then

2:52 - 3:00

I watched this movie yesterday and heard the similarity immediately.

One one hand, Morricone was one influential MF

On the other, there's only 12 notes and we're running out of combinations

One one hand, Morricone was one influential MF

On the other, there's only 12 notes and we're running out of combinations
Yeah, I'm sure it's a coincidence, especially because this movie didn't get a release in the US until 2001 when Metroid Prime was already in development. I just thought it was interesting.

Idk, maybe I'll fuck around and get into teletubbies lore

Edit: baby teletubbies exist, apparently. Seen in the 370th episode (holy shit there are a lot of episodes) titled "Babies" are teletubby babies, implying the four main characters are actually full grown adults.

Edit: wtf? The primary driving force of each episode seems to be commands and instructions given by the "voice trumpets", disembodied voices coming from several speakers on long poles coming from the ground. Are they really being monitored by aliens or something? Are the aliens humans? Was @ElisaurusWrecks joking?

Edit: apparently there are exactly five different models of voice trumpets seen throughout the show, with all five being shown in the intro. Except for a rare sixth model, seen in only two episodes. What's so special about this one?

Edit: episodes are 24+ minutes long??? Each episode blurb is like a paragraph. What is happening in these episodes? I'd hate to see a filler arc.

Edit: that windmill is definitely discharging some type of agent.

Edit: yeah, the voice trumpets actually rise up from the ground to deliver their commands. Unsettling. I want to know who is controlling the teletubbies, and why they deem it necessary to disguise their influence by distancing themselves. Are they a bunch of British whitecoats writing notes? Who's paying them to do this? What's the purpose of this operation? I need to see behind the curtain. The existence of a rare sixth voice trumpet is nagging me.

Edit: there's an episode called Numbers - 7 that is about the number seven. Like, learning how to count to seven. I've seen children's show episodes based around a letter, it this is the first time I've seen one based around a number. Feels weird. It's the 225th episode of the show. I really hope they're teaching them in order.

Edit: THAT WAS THE FINAL NUMBERS EPISODE. THEY LITERALLY GAVE UP TEACHING KIDS NUMBERS AFTER SEVEN. Apparently all the Numbers episodes were scattered amongst the first 67 episodes of the original series (as opposed to the reboot), with 7 being episode 67.

The Numbers episodes, in order of airing, were:

Ep. 003: Numbers - 1
Ep. 013: Numbers - 2
Ep. 023: Numbers - 5
Ep. 025: Numbers - 4
Ep. 027: Numbers - 6
Ep. 034: Numbers - 1 (Version 2)
Ep. 042: Numbers - 2 (Version 2)
Ep. 055: Numbers - 5 (Version 3) WTF??
Ep. 067: Numbers - 7
Ep. 110: Numbers - 5 (Version 2)

So there's no 3 episode. Just skipped a whole number. The third one. And why did they redo some of the episodes? Did they fuck up teaching kids 1, 2, and 5 the first time around? Why spend the time and money redoing numbers they've already covered instead of going back to the one they missed?
And why did they redo 5 *twice??
And how was 5 (Version 3) aired before (5 Version 2)???

Edit: the faceless flowers talk

Alright because of this I had a dream about teletubbies. I'm blaming @ElisaurusWrecks

I'm gonna laugh if we've been joking about Bill/PhantomThief all this time only to find out it's true 😅

@bellydrum is actually Miyamoto
if anyone's Miyamoto it's @Raccoon with the constant Pikmin 4 talk, he's trying to drum up buzz so Nintendo will actually release it

Maybe somehow my years of clamoring for Famicom Detective Club being localized and asking for Ayumi in Smash helped a tiiiiiny bit for the decision to localize the remakes.
Maybe @BozPaggs is actually responsible for Dread 😎

I think @NateDrake is secretly Doug Bowser
Nah, nobody at Nintendo has a voice that smooth

@Emily to be quite honest i want beagle pics more than nintendo insider stuff
Actually yeah, the pet pictures thread was just bumped today, too, @Emily 👀

Wait, I thought everyone of us in here was secretly a Nintendo employ.... Oops... I mean someone that works at Nintendo in a regular message board? That's so crazy can you imagine it?
Yeah, wasn't this forum built for the express purpose of being a place where NoA employees and contractors could socialize without repercussions?

I wonder if Emily's post will lead to less shitposting and a more polite tone here, cause everyone is afraid of pissing off other users who might be Nintendo or other game company employees.

If that was your intention Emily, then kudos, strategic masterpiece. ;D
I mean, that happened for like a day or two when Kit joined. And then it quickly went back to normal. 😅

Btw I like to think Kit is lurking in this thread right now and just laughing his ass off while enjoying a nice slice of Round Table

I'm sure Nintendo doesn't care about here yet so I can say and do whatever I want
From the bottom of my heart:
Say and do whatever you want anyway.

One of us is secretly Aonuma, and I know who it is.
vince-mc-mahon-its-me.gif

Nintendo employee who lost an argument in a meeting about a decision who then goes online to argue that the decision was stupid and Nintendo is doomed because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom