• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold the power of anonymity on the Internet! Also this is why it’s good to be polite.

Wait…people aren’t coming here to see pictures of my food or listen to the jazz music videos I post? They come for leaks and rumors?
Wait, where have you been posting jazz music?

Skyrim could be a Quakecom announcement
QuakeCon was last month. It’s always in August I believe. Because someone thought it was a good idea to have a massive LAN party in Texas in the middle of the summer for some reason.

I apologize for taking so long to respond to everyone. For the record, I do read everyone's posts. Please don't think I'm ignoring you.

You would be extremely surprised to hear which famous Nintendo executives had accounts over at Resetera. I would know this because I approved some of those accounts during my brief 1-year stint as an administrator over there. To protect their privacy, I won't reveal any names or usernames. But the main point is: Nintendo isn't the bubble that people think it is. They do secretly get out there and interact with the fans on the internet.

Over at Era, there were so many instances when Nintendo Era members didn't realize they were arguing with famous Nintendo senior producers. :LOL: Cerium and I would see Nintendo fans telling a senior Japanese Nintendo executive: "You're an idiot. You don't know what you're talking about"... Because they didn't know the user worked at Nintendo. 😬
Oh.My.God. lmao

I apologize for taking so long to respond to everyone. For the record, I do read everyone's posts. Please don't think I'm ignoring you.

You would be extremely surprised to hear which famous Nintendo executives had accounts over at Resetera. I would know this because I approved some of those accounts during my brief 1-year stint as an administrator over there. To protect their privacy, I won't reveal any names or usernames. But the main point is: Nintendo isn't the bubble that people think it is. They do secretly get out there and interact with the fans on the internet.

Over at Era, there were so many instances when Nintendo Era members didn't realize they were arguing with famous Nintendo senior producers. :LOL: Cerium and I would see Nintendo fans telling a senior Japanese Nintendo executive: "You're an idiot. You don't know what you're talking about"... Because they didn't know the user worked at Nintendo. 😬

Lmao good to know all my annoying thirsting for a Wind Waker or Twilight Princess Switch port (and many, many other ports) might have been noticed over there.

Kind of embarrassing, however... :ROFLMAO:

Deserves to be way past that already, smh...

giphy.gif

Wait, I thought everyone of us in here was secretly a Nintendo employ.... Oops... I mean someone that works at Nintendo in a regular message board? That's so crazy can you imagine it?

500K is already pretty good for a JRPG, we tend to forget that.

(And to be honest, this is a decent number for a decent enough game. LaL is fine on its own but it clearly shows its age whenever you play it and especially if you play it after Xenoblade Chronicles 3).

Square, you know what to do.
If Live-A-Live was just in front of ActRaiser in the list of most wanted HD-2D games to remake after Dragon Quest III, then…

(Voice of a surprise for sure, but a welcome one) : Do it.

And for Gaia’s sake : Collection of Gaia.

I won’t ask anything anymore after that (well except for a new Turrican).

Sakurai only wrapped up his Famitsu column and his work on Smash Ultimate last year. No doubt he's got some kind of game in the works, but I wouldn't count on seeing it any time soon, even if it is a port and not an original game.

I don't think he's going to use his educational channel to promote his upcoming games, considering that the introductory video takes pains to emphasize the purity of the project to the point that he's not advertising on it and is losing money making these.
On top of that, it's probably good to just let this guy fucking breathe for a while. He got so hyper-analyzed during the Smash's pre-release and expansions that people seriously thought chairs in the background meant something and leakers had to tell people he was serious about no new characters. Now people are using his console post for Switch Pro speculation and this, just give the guy a break - he's literally working himself to death as is.

:O

the absolute most bonkers thing I’ve read in weeks

I wonder if we have any here!!

Remember when Nintendo posted a photo of the curtains hiding their E3 Booth when I asked for it on the old forums? (Not Reset, the OTHER old forum.)

Nintendo does watch.

Thats quite interesting, especially for someone who were active at Nintendo threads at Resetera. :)

Can anyone recommend me controllers to buy for handheld here in the UK? I use Hori Split Pad Pro which is perfect except it has no Gyro. I need gyro for Splatoon 3 lol.

I have seen Binbok and Nyxi but some people report they have bad deadzones?

Hahahaha my sides

Great game, good enough number for a month of sales! Hopefully it can hit 1m by the end of its run

LOL. Thanks for sharing. Made my morning.

This is my favourite new bit of lore.

No wonder the games take so damn long. They're too busy getting caught up in arguments with us nerds!

I wonder if Emily's post will lead to less shitposting and a more polite tone here, cause everyone is afraid of pissing off other users who might be Nintendo or other game company employees.

If that was your intention Emily, then kudos, strategic masterpiece. ;D

Wasn't there someone from Pokémon Company that had Era opened in a Japanese interview?

Also, I remember Sakurai using some SourceGaming article on Harada's bar lol

the internet made barriers disappear.. dangerously so.

Trying to decide what's funnier, Nintendo employees posing as obsequious fanchildren who believe the company can do no wrong or Nintendo employees shitting on everything the company does

I need the Direct to happen so I can decide exactly how much money* to spend and how many videogames to buy** in the next few months please.

*too much
**too many

I wonder how many employee-on-employee arguments have occurred that no one would know of as such

omg what if dkcfan was nate bihldorff
Is “phantom thief is bill trinen” still a thing or

I don’t know anything about the man’s personal life but Nate Bihldorff absolutely has big “would be on a Nintendo fan forum undercover vibes”

He also seems like the kind of person I would wanna be friends with irl. Dude seems very cool

Yay! That's more than double the original release. Bought my copy, and gladly helped hype it up based on the fan translation.

Man, imagine how much different the JRPG discourse would've been if some of these games had made it out of Japan originally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom