• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pet Pictures!!!!

1upmuffin

Sand Pounder
Community Liaison
Here's my cat Fiona! She's about 3, and I've had her for nearly 2 months. First cat I've ever had.

image0.jpg

I got Ginger in January and she's been my best bud ever since. Big cuddle monster.

E_Ysd3hVcAEueSq

FAop7hYVEAI4cbG

I've had cats my whole life but genuinely don't think any of them have been as affectionate as her.

I've had quite a few different pets over the years, and as amazing as they have all been none come close to my 3.5 year old Corgi, Penny

eq0bNxk.jpg

MSApToD.jpg

G7guDC3.jpg

And two weeks ago we brought home another little friend, another Corgi we named Luna. She's been such a treat with how stressful work has been for me lately.

vRWrTH9.jpg

wZdgBaE.jpg

And the two became fast friends!

J59hbIb.jpg

Such cute pets :eek:. Excited to get a dog again someday. And a second cat is very tempting, maybe if I get a bigger place.

This is Tea, an Albino Cockatiel I have with my gf. Teatea means white in the languaje of Rapa Nui (Eastern Island) where my gf spent several summers when she was a teenager.

7yNPJ26.jpg

Albino Cockatiels can’t be sexed visually so we don’t know if they are a boy or a girl.

w15Vr4D.jpg

Tea is 7,5 years old and we raised them “by hand” feeding them when they were a chick. This kind of bird is called “papillero” in spanish and they don’t fear people. In fact, Tea loves meeting new people and likes to show off their wings and feathers.

UzgAdBM.jpg

They even get along with our cat Mira.

And yes, we go on walks with them using a harness and leash, and people always gets surprised when they learn that we are walking our bird! 🤣

Last edited:
This is Tea, an Albino Cockatiel I have with my gf. Teatea means white in the languaje of Rapa Nui (Eastern Island) where my gf spent several summers when she was a teenager.

Albino Cockatiels can’t be sexed visually so we don’t know if they are a boy or a girl.

Tea is 7,5 years old and we raised them “by hand” feeding them when they were a chick. This kind of bird is called “papillero” in spanis and they don’t fear people. In fact, Tea loves meeting new people and likes to show off their wings and feathers.

My parents have a Cockatiel, his name is Skye, he's about 23 years old, very sweet old man bird, loves to be talked to and have his head gently pet.

They have one other bird named Kiwi who is 20, he's a Greencheek and I'm his favorite, he loves sitting on my shoulder or on my knee for endless pets/cuddles.

Birds can be awesome pets!

I feel like @MaitreWakou is suspiciously missing from this thread haha
Ahah, well here's my very first post of Famiboards then !

So here's my last one, people from the previous place on the Direct Thread know her by now. It's Doushka, my beagle, now 8 months old ! Very playful outside, but very calm at home ! Education is working well so far, she's a teenage but it's going better than I even hoped for.

FB-IMG-1630434903488.jpg

Here's Mack, my beauceron (sheperd of Beauce, french sheperd dog, also known in France as "bas-rouge"), 5 years old ! Chillest dog I've met. Like to play and have his little daily walk, but other than that he's starting to get old (5 years old is the beginning of the eldery age for big dogs), so he's a couch dog nowadays. Very loyal and adorable.

20210614-101500.jpg

This is Loïs, 15 years old. My very first cat. I had her when I was 11, so she has been with me for the entirety of my teenage years. For that reason, she holds a VERY special place in my heart. I went through the difficult years of teenage years with her and she's still rockin with me. She starts to get old and I just know it's gonna be real hard when she pass away. Hopefully she still has a few years ! Still not in too bad shape for her age ! Always asking to be petted.

20200823-192322.jpg

And this is Mimine, 10 years old. We have other cats at my parent's place, which are obviously also mine because 4 years ago I was still living with them, so I took care of them daily back then. But those two, Loïs and Mimine, were truly MINE even back when I lived there. Sleeping in my bed at night, waking me up in the morning at 6am even though my alarm was set for 7am, and other little pleasures you get with a cat lmao. She's a weird one. Every single day at 4pm she'll get a toy, will meow very loudly, and bring it to me, will run around a bit, and then goes on like nothing happened lmao. She's cute and calm with everyone but won't show much affection toward anyone else than me and my mother.

Resized-20210330-143406-7976.jpg

Anyway, nice seeing everyone's pet, some I already knew (Mandos and Skitzzo dogs !), nice to meet the others !

This is what happens when I try to play handled mode in my bed in the middle of the afternoon.

Snapchat-1991180604.jpg

They don't even sleep with me at night. But during the afternoon, they want to sleep around me lol.

This is my dog, Tyson! He's my first dog! 😊 He's an 8 month old rottie and he still chews and bites everything. 😅
rUsdJlj.jpg

My mom took this photo and idk why but every time I look at it, it makes me smile and laugh.
XZGW6SL.jpg

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
z2buW0L.jpg

Here’s my boy and me at New River Gorge
hbsttxJ.jpg

Here’s my boy in a tiny witch hat

ztbvCIB.jpg

Committed to yeah-ing everyone’s pets as I can’t have any (partly because we rent, partly because I don’t think we can handle the responsibility, partly because my boyfriend is allergic to cats).

I grew up with cats who were all either stupid or pure evil or both. Miss them!

Committed to yeah-ing everyone’s pets as I can’t have any (partly because we rent, partly because I don’t think we can handle the responsibility, partly because my boyfriend is allergic to cats).

I grew up with cats who were all either stupid or pure evil or both. Miss them!
Oh that’s sad! Cats have the benefit of being kinda low maintenance instead of dogs. I’m supposed to be alergic to cats too but I had cats all my life and luckily nothing happens to me when I’m near them.

Birds can be low maintenance too but it depends on the type of bird. Also, sometimes places that don’t allow pets tend to allow birds because they don’t bother the neighbors.

Cockatiels only need you to feed them daily and clean their cage every so often.

The BIG problem with most birds is that they fear humans and it can be a loooong process to get them to tolerate people, unless you feed them by hand when they are chicks like we did with Tea.

The other option is buying one that was already fed by hand but they can get expensive. They are called papilleros in spanish but I don’t know the term in english.
We did it ourselves back when we were in college to save money and the experience is really nice (as long as you study and learn about the process beforehand) because the chick asks for food and in Tea’s case when they heard us preparing the pap they would come flying and started following us until we fed them.
Ah good times 😆

Here's my best feline friend, Shadow, 4 years old, taken on the shot as I'm working from home.

PXL-20211015-200136435.jpg

My three cats, all Maine Coons. The first two are brother and sister, not yet a year old. Thor and Hela.
The oldest on the bottom is Olaf, and almost 4 years old now.

IMG-8080.jpg

IMG-8078.jpg

IMG-7651.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my little bearded guy
GETncvg.jpg

I've spent way too much money on multiple pet beds, but he prefers cardboard boxes and packing paper. Oh well. Here he is watching TV from "bed".
GIC3iX6.jpg

One of my good girls here. Shiba Inu/Husky 2 years old. Her name is Katie and I'll make anyone who hurts her, her new chew toy.

j7l4p2c_d.webp

Back
Top Bottom