• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is a month away from release. How "shady" it is would depend on how far along the Paid DLC is.

This isn't Capcom in a "every DLC for the second season of characters is already on the disc but we're gonna sell it separately anyway" situation, here.

I still remember the outrage for the botw dlc being announced before release with day 1 dlc for the game.
People calling Nintendo greedy and asking for boycotts because if you had the dlc you could get the switch t-shirt at launch.

Until I know for certain I can test splatoon 3 on my internet

IMG_0354.png

I still believe we will get a new Mario platformer in time for the movie (not sure if 2D or 3D). Could even have been in part why the film was delayed. I’m feeling good about seeing it in the September Direct.

That would put it too close to Zelda imo, assuming Zelda is March-June.

There might be a slim possibility we get a 2D Mario in March if Zelda is June, but assuming new Switch hardware launches next year I think 3D Mario will be the Holiday title like in 2017, and I can't imagine a 2D and 3D Mario in the same year.

Last edited:
So Indie World next week? If there is a more or less reoccurring pattern with Nintendo then it is that we get bigger news like directs and stuff usually in the first two weeks of the month.

Just need whatever kind of Direct will get me a date for that Arkham collection. I want to replay Arkham City so bad. Might have to get it for my Deck if it takes too long.

Anyone else get the feeling we're not gonna see Metroid Prime for another couple months at least. I think it'll have a very quick turnaround from reveal to release. Maybe even skipping the September direct if there is one? That might just be crazy talk though.

Anyone else get the feeling we're not gonna see Metroid Prime for another couple months at least. I think it'll have a very quick turnaround from reveal to release. Maybe even skipping the September direct if there is one? That might just be crazy talk though.

If there's a Sept direct I think it shows up there. Sept-Nov is only 2 months.

Assuming enough indie content is available yes it would typically have something next week.
Week 4 is Gamescom, which Nintendo isn't doing, but I doubt they will try to compete head on, instead they have they have the Splatfest that weekend
Week 5 is possibly Kirby release.
If they have a pre TGS direct I guess it would be a few days before Splatoon launches?

I think a September announcement for a November/December release is likely. Not as long of a marketing cycle as Dread, but still at least a month or two I would think.

Mario 3D All-Stars did have a two-week turnaround, but I feel like they would want to showcase MP Remastered a bit more since a lot of effort went into improving the visuals (assuming the rumors are correct) -- 3D All-Stars, on the other hand, had very minor improvents to visuals if I remember correctly.

Just need whatever kind of Direct will get me a date for that Arkham collection. I want to replay Arkham City so bad. Might have to get it for my Deck if it takes too long.
Yeah, wonder what happened to that. It's been almost 6 months since it got leaked but still no word. If it doesn't show up next month, I'm gonna assume it either got canned or got delayed alongside Switch Pro to 2023.

I still remember the outrage for the botw dlc being announced before release with day 1 dlc for the game.
People calling Nintendo greedy and asking for boycotts because if you had the dlc you could get the switch t-shirt at launch.
I'd just like to point out that there are still plenty of us that believe that announcing paid DLC before launch is BS - that's never changed.

I'd just like to point out that there are still plenty of us that believe that announcing paid DLC before launch is BS - that's never changed.
but why? Its additional optional content and not content that got cut. I don't see any problem with announcing DLC before a game even launched.

I kinda just assume most big games will have DLC now, and that they've planned for it well before release... so announcing it pre-release, post-release... it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

I'd only be mad if they were pulling a Capcom.

Announcing paid DLC for Splatoon 3 before the game even launches is a big problem. I thought Nintendo would be better than this...

I'm really dissapointed. It feels lazy, like they didn't even try to justify a full sequel existing.
Usually Nintendo games seem to be release complete, within a month, and this DLC is something that they are only going full steam ahead on now.

So, I have theory. Splatoon 3 amiibo are coming for the holiday, but not dated. A vague roadmap of free content that is coming was shown. Those would be great updates to share in a September direct, no? A quick little snippet of amiibo dates and a new map or two coming to help keep Splatoon in the spotlight throughout the holidays? Huh? HUH??!!!?!

I would call a Switch Pro announcement for later this month if we had seen Metroid Prime Remastered already but announcing the game alongside the hardware or showing it without announcement (like Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch reveal) doesn't seem likely.

I still think a September announcement for November release looks way too tight... The project has huge scope, I think it deserved a bigger hype cycle... Anyways I can't wait to see it!! Would love a Twitter drop tomorrow or next week, but if we're going to have a beefy September Direct where it shows with a teaser for Prime 4 that's even better.

Yeah but people were mad that they had cut some content from the main game to sell as day 1 dlc because if you bought the pass you had a switch t-shirt for link as a bonus.
You have to admit that that's pretty stupid.

So, I have theory. Splatoon 3 amiibo are coming for the holiday, but not dated. A vague roadmap of free content that is coming was shown. Those would be great updates to share in a September direct, no? A quick little snippet of amiibo dates and a new map or two coming to help keep Splatoon in the spotlight throughout the holidays? Huh? HUH??!!!?!
this works great with your fraggle pfp

Nintendo announcing that there will be DLC for Splatoon 3 makes literally no difference other than the fact that you now know what's planned for the game and can decide accordingly.

this works great with your fraggle pfp
I can't tell you how happy I am that you know he's a Fraggle. I used to make my mom record them on VHS when I was at school so I could watch them when I got home. Same with the Ghostbusters cartoon. And heaven help her if there were any commercials!! Man, I was a little shit.

I thought Splatoon 3 looked great. One thing I'm hoping for is cloud saves. I don't want to lose 100 hrs worth of gear I grinded for when I get the switch pro or upgrade sd cards

I thought Splatoon 3 looked great. One thing I'm hoping for is cloud saves. I don't want to lose 100 hrs worth of gear I grinded for when I get the switch pro or upgrade sd cards
How save data works
Online Splatoon 3 data—like player level, ranks, items, and gear—is automatically stored in a server and connected to each player's Nintendo Account.

Since things like progress in Story Mode don't require an internet connection, they can be stored via the Save Data Cloud Backup service included in Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions.

You can also play on multiple Nintendo Switch systems if your user account is tied to your Nintendo Account.

per the website

Wait what, Arkham Collection coming to Switch? Since when?

Wait what, Arkham Collection coming to Switch? Since when?
Six months ago the very same French retailer that leaked The Witcher 3, Saints Row 4 and Ezio Collection leaked Arkham Collection. Not only that, Nate had corroborated, said he knew it exists. But six months on, we still haven't heard anything.

WB games might have something special for Switch, as they still haven't formally announced the Switch version of Hogwarts Legacy, something they confirmed that exists.

Announcing paid DLC for Splatoon 3 before the game even launches is a big problem. I thought Nintendo would be better than this...

I'm really dissapointed. It feels lazy, like they didn't even try to justify a full sequel existing.
You're joking right?

The ingame card game, the new story mode, Tricolor splatfests, like huh?

I thought people are past this belief that confirming post-launch paid DLC is some kind of scummy thing.

Return of the Mammalians already looks Octo Expansion-tier compared to the lackadaisical launch campaign we got with Splatoon 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom