• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcing paid DLC for Splatoon 3 before the game even launches is a big problem. I thought Nintendo would be better than this...

I'm really dissapointed. It feels lazy, like they didn't even try to justify a full sequel existing.
True, it definitly ruined Smash Bros. Ultimate when they announced DLCs before the game release.

The rule with many Star Wars fans is that anything new is bad and anything old is good. People hated the prequels when they were new, but once the sequels started existing, people loved them. This is also why it is popular to shit on the new movies right now.

I just wish that the online Star Wars fandom wasn't so toxic and gatekeepy about everything.
Rise of Skywalker completely ruined the really good storytelling and set-up of The Last Jedi, so that trilogy began ok, got really good, and then was completely bastardized.

The Disney+ shows, and Rogue One, have all been excellent.

One issue that is always brought here is the fact smash has 0 black characters.

But when i think about it, i can only think of CJ from GTA SA. So which characters you people have in mind when you ask for more diversity?

But when i think about it, i can only think of CJ from GTA SA. So which characters you people have in mind when you ask for more diversity?
Smash has needed Garcian Smith since it released on N64
b231175-oSyRZufu4msc.png

Rise of Skywalker completely ruined the really good storytelling and set-up of The Last Jedi, so that trilogy began ok, got really good, and then was completely bastardized.

The Disney+ shows, and Rogue One, have all been excellent.
I 100% agree with you on the sequel trilogy. Rise of Skywalker retconning Last Jedi to please angry people on the internet literally ruined it.

EPD be like:

“So, we’re making a sequel to Wii Sports. Any ideas?”

“OK, so it’s in space, and you only play Lacrosse. Your character is a llama with one ear. We’ll call it Llamacrosse X.”

“Great!”

Three years and millions of Yen later

“OK so the Llama idea isn’t working out. You have three days; just make what we originally set out to do.”

Full on Nintendo directs are canceled. Please change title to Franchise directs to keep up with the times. See you next month for Metroid Direct and then in 2080 for Golden Sun Direct.

I dont know when, but a new job position appeared at Retro and i found some of the requirements and responsabilities to be pretty neat so im posting it.

Character Animator (Retro Studios)

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES

- You will implement and maintain animations for a wide range of characters from the player, creatures, bosses, to cinematics and pretty much anything that moves.

SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS

- Minimum 5 years’ experience with in-game and/or cinematic video game animation, including at least 2 full video game production cycles

- Considerable experience animating in Maya. Motion capture experience would be a bonus.

I do wonder if they will use an existing actress's face for samus.

Wanted to give you all a hand update. My hand has an episode today where it was shaking uncontrollably and I couldn't move it some either. It is fine now but I will try to see a doctor about this

I will likely be taking a longer break on video games for the time being even though I have been taking it easy. I have been made aware of other ways it could have been set off

Rodin, Barret, Marina, Taion, Twintelle, Urbosa

I think we won’t get N64 games this month. Just have a weird feeling based on the last tweet about more games still coming.

okay, I feel you now

indie world next week (week of 8/15)
zelda the week of 8/22
kirby the week of 8/29
stinky horse the week of 9/5
metroid prime the week of 9/12
switch pro sega saturned onto shelves the week of 9/19
Nintendogs when?

Single player games take too long to complete these days (roughly 150h just for the prologue of Xenoblade 3) which is why Nintendo is releasing Splatoon 3, a compact single player focused game (with small multiplayer sidemode), soon.

So about September 7/8 for the next direct. Since TGS starts on the 15th?
I'd say September 1st (or August 31), Splatoon 3 will be released the week of September 5, and the week after we are too close to the TGS.

Next week I suppose it'll be an Indie World.

Aug 23-28 Gamescom
Sep 2-5 PAX West
Sep 9 Splatoon 3
Sep 15-18 Tokyo Game Show

If Nintendo wants to have the whole week to themselves, without interfering with other events or releases, then the direct can only be... NEXT WEEK! 🤯

...But, it will probably be about a week before TGS (Splatoon launch week)

Though I still think the direct will be on September 7th, next week wouldn‘t be that far fetched. Kirby Gourmet Race is releasing next Wednesday (and not on a friday like most Nintendo games), so maybe the same day like the direct.

Though I still think the direct will be on September 7th, next week wouldn‘t be that far fetched. Kirby Gourmet Race is releasing next Wednesday (and not on a friday like most Nintendo games), so maybe the same day like the direct.
I wouldn't read too much into the release date of a small digital-only game, they can just put them out whenever.

Also - I just checked the previous eShop game Kirby Fighters 2 and that one also launched on a Wednesday (Sep 23, 2020)

I wouldn't read too much into the release date of a small digital-only game, they can just put them out whenever.

Also - I just checked the previous eShop game Kirby Fighters 2 and that one also launched on a Wednesday (Sep 23, 2020)
You’ve just destroyed my dreams!!!!

I hope the direct will be on the
1st-2nd.
The week after I won’t be able to watch it live if they do it on the 7th (but I’ll be okay with the 8th)…

But… are we really expecting a direct in September after all?

1st-2nd.
The week after I won’t be able to watch it live if they do it on the 7th (but I’ll be okay with the 8th)…

It might be a Partners, but yes, there will surely be a Direct before September 15th.
Third Parties need Nintendo to announce their games so they can then show them at TGS.

1st-2nd.

If you really think about it, does Nintendo even need directs in the future?
And if you really really think about it, does Nintendo even need to announce videogames in the future?
And if you really really really think about, does Nintendo even need to release new games in the future?
I'm pretty sure Mario kart 8 deluxe it's self sufficient and can sell on its own without the need of Nintendo for the rest of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom