• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply can’t accept not getting a 3D Mario next year.

Six whole fucking years, I can’t accept it lol
nothing out of the ordinary just yet. Switch already got its original title and its not like they have unlimited resources. Guess they are just concentrating on their 2D game for now.

They also have BotW 2 next year as the big budget EPD title. I don't even think they necessarily need a new 3D game outside of personal desire.

Guess we will see it in 2024-2025. Hope I am wrong tho.

Wow, it's doom o'clock again? I love it.
Next year is going to be like 2016, they'll just give us low budget because all their project are being made for the next switch in 2024. Also epd Tokyo's new project is cancelled and they're going to start working on metroid prime 4 which is starting development yet again, metroid prime remastered still coming in 2023 though

Wow, it's doom o'clock again? I love it.
Next year is going to be like 2016, they'll just give us low budget because all their project are being made for the next switch in 2024. Also epd Tokyo's new project is cancelled and they're going to start working on metroid prime 4 which is starting development yet again, metroid prime remastered still coming in 2023 though
/s

Every day I wake up, like

Tune in for the big unveiling of the Sequel to The Legend of #Zelda Breath of the Wild in an exclusive world premiere showcase airing at August 19th, 9AM PST

And every day I go to bed like

Tune in for the big unveiling of the Sequel to The Legend of #Zelda Breath of the Wild in an exclusive world premiere showcase airing at August 19th, 9AM PST

For real though, if - and I mean IF - BotW2 skips a September Direct in favour of a separate presentation, would it happen before or after a Direct?

For real though, if - and I mean IF - BotW2 skips a September Direct in favour of a separate presentation, would it happen before or after a Direct?
I’d be very surprised if BOTW2 skipped the next Direct unless it’s a Partner again. They have to talk about their 2023 line up eventually and BOTW2 is the cornerstone of it. I really think you want to show it too looking awesome before the Drake pops up, because then they can show it again on the Drake and wow people again while everyone else is already happy with the original showing.

I have admiration for anyone still actively looking out for Zelda info. Personally I've tried to let go after the delay announcement.

For Nintendo as a whole, if they want to foster a positive and active fanbase, a tad more communication would go a long way. I think the Splatoon folks are doing a good job on that front.

This has happened two weeks in a row.

I decide that I'm going to take the weekend off from posting and log out. The next day I'm bored or waiting for something and check how things are going and someone has started the most miserable argument I can imagine.

I'm sorry for forsaking you, thread. Clearly you need the unserious levity that my presence provides.

DLC we're probably getting in 2023:
  1. Mario Kart DLC Wave 4
  2. Mario Kart DLC Wave 5
  3. Mario Kart DLC Wave 6
  4. Splatoon 3 Expansion
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion
  6. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Expansion
  7. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Expansion 1
  8. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Expansion 2
  9. Breath of the Wild 2 DLC
  10. Nintendo Switch Sports DLC
  11. Mario Strikers DLC
We could literally get DLC every month. That's a ton of content, some of which will be treated as a major release (Pokemon, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Xenoblade). I could see Nintendo relying on them heavily next year.
Fire Emblem is going to get DLC too according to Emily, so add that to the pile. Doubt Mario Strikers DLC is still ongoing though.

Definitely reeks of a DLC heavy year, although I think we’re going to get more than just BotW2 + Fire Emblem + Holiday game overall. Should be a good year.

Fire Emblem is going to get DLC too according to Emily, so add that to the pile. Doubt Mario Strikers DLC is still ongoing though.

Definitely reeks of a DLC heavy year, although I think we’re going to get more than just BotW2 + Fire Emblem + Holiday game overall. Should be a good year.
I think almost all years from now on will be DLC heavy by Nintendo it seems they like a lot as a policy and it has already worked for them during Switch lifespan.

It's not just going to be three games and DLC, but I'm not expecting a whole lot next year. It definitely won't be as good as this year.

Warriors are the unannounced FE game? Also, did she state it here or somewhere else?

I’m tired of relying on insiders for information, and waiting for them to respond. I’m going to get the info MYSELF! Me and my Reggie train shall bash into Nintendo of America to find the Mario Kart DLC!
f37

nothing out of the ordinary just yet. Switch already got its original title and its not like they have unlimited resources. Guess they are just concentrating on their 2D game for now.

They also have BotW 2 next year as the big budget EPD title. I don't even think they necessarily need a new 3D game outside of personal desire.

Guess we will see it in 2024-2025. Hope I am wrong tho.
No way that late, it's been in development for quite a while.

Nintendo Direct, September 13th.

Hello everyone, I am Yoshiaki Koizumi and I will be your guide for today's Nintendo Direct. What you just saw was the first trailer for a Super Mario Explore, a newest title in a Super Mario 3D action series. Super Mario Explore is scheduled to release in 2023, please stay tuned for more information in the future.

Nintendo Direct, September 13th.

Hello everyone, I am Yoshiaki Koizumi and I will be your guide for today's Nintendo Direct. What you just saw was the first trailer for a Super Mario Explore, a newest title in a Super Mario 3D action series for mobile devices. Super Mario Explore is scheduled to release in 2023, please stay tuned for more information in the future.
Fixed it 👍

2023:

January - Yoshi & Poochy's Woolly World Deluxe
February -
March - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
April - Ultimate NES Remix
May - Fire Emblem, Style Savvy
June - Donkey Kong (2D), new Grezzo game
July - Tomodachi World
August -
September - Wario Land 6, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures HD
October - Detective Pikachu, Metroid Prime 4
November - Super Mario Universe (3D)
December -

We'll also get:
  • 3 waves of Mario Kart DLC
  • 2 Pokemon expansions
  • a Zelda expansion
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC
  • 2 more sports for Switch Sports
  • Fire Emblem DLC
  • Mario + Rabbids DLC
  • paid Splatoon 3 expansion
  • Square Enix games published by Nintendo outside Japan

2023:

January - Yoshi & Poochy's Woolly World Deluxe
February -
March - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
April - Ultimate NES Remix
May - Fire Emblem, Style Savvy
June - Donkey Kong (2D), new Grezzo game
July - Tomodachi World
August -
September - Wario Land 6, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures HD
October - Detective Pikachu, Metroid Prime 4
November - Super Mario Universe (3D)
December -

We'll also get:
  • 3 waves of Mario Kart DLC
  • 2 Pokemon expansions
  • a Zelda expansion
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC
  • 2 more sports for Switch Sports
  • Fire Emblem DLC
  • Mario + Rabbids DLC
  • paid Splatoon 3 expansion
  • Square Enix games published by Nintendo outside Japan
Looks like a good ass year tbh

All that plus probably Yakuza 8 on Xbox? Oh baby

Unless Nintendo blows the lid with a September direct, I think we are going to be in a situation where we know very little going into 2023. Right now, BOTW 2 and maybe Prime 4 are the only games known that will come out in 2023.

Something to keep in mind, at the start of 2017, 2018, and 2021, we knew about next to nothing as far as Nintendo's lineup was concerned. Only 2019 and 2022 are years where we had a bunch of announced games from Nintendo when the year started, and 2020 to a lesser degree.

IMO the calendar will be wide open.

I’ve been really busy this month, but 15k replies what
unforch people are just posting everything here now, and the general thread is getting ignored. last thread i get because we were expecting a june direct but this one being this big doesn't make much sense.

2023's another test for EPD: can they ship multiple new games and support several games with expansions?

Games from EPD 8, 9, 10 really becoming due, Zelda from EPD 3 set for Spring 2023; Splatoon 3 guaranteed to have dlc throughout 2023; Mario Kart DLC obviously ongoing; possibly more content for Switch Sports. How much of that happens in 2023?

Didn't stick it on my predictions list, but I really want EPD 9 on Wave Race.

2023's another test for EPD: can they ship multiple new games and support several games with expansions?

Games from EPD 8, 9, 10 really becoming due, Zelda from EPD 3 set for Spring 2023; Splatoon 3 guaranteed to have dlc throughout 2023; Mario Kart DLC obviously ongoing; possibly more content for Switch Sports. How much of that happens in 2023?

Didn't stick it on my predictions list, but I really want EPD 9 on Wave Race.

Yeah EPD is incredibly overdue to start shipping games. From 2020 to 2022 the EPD games we've seen come out are from EPD4 (Switch Sports, Game Builder Garage, maybe Everybody's 1-2 Switch) and EPD5 (ACNH + Splatoon 3).

EPD9 I have a hard time guessing because of their committment over the years to Tour and then MK8D DLC, that I could see them going either way on having another game soon. EPD10 and especially EPD8 are well overdue to show something.

2023:

January - Ever Oasis (port or sequel)

Februrary - Nada (maybe Advance Wars)

March - Breath of the Wild 2

April - Mario Kart Wave 4

May - Arms 2

June - Splatoon 3 Expansion, Mario Sports game.

July - Nintendoland (sequel focused on online play), Pokemon SV Expansion 1

August - Wave 1 of BotW2 DLC, Pushmo (NSO exclusive)

September - Fire Emblem, Mario Kart Wave 5

October - Luigi's Mansion 4

November - 2D Mario in a new artstyle, will impress, Final Mario Kart Wave, Pokemon SV Expansion 2

December - Botw 2 DLC Wave 2

Fire Emblem and Zelda are by far my two favorite Nintendo franchises, and among my favorite franchises of all time, so BotW2 and FE17 alone (especially if the latter is as ambitious as leaks suggest, in addition to the much better Gustified graphics) would make 2023 easily the best Switch year for me, and definitely better than 2022 lol. If we get stuff like Prime 4, Pikmin 4, a new 3d Mario, in addition to some great 3rd party stuff and DLC (iirc Emily said in the FE leak thread that a reason why the new game is being sat on for so long is in order to develop DLC, so hopefully we get some really good stuff), then that would elevate an already amazing (for me) year to God-tier. I think whether or not any given year is a "good year" for Switch is a huge YMMV situation.

Fire Emblem and Zelda are by far my two favorite Nintendo franchises, and among my favorite franchises of all time, so BotW2 and FE17 alone (especially if the latter is as ambitious as leaks suggest, in addition to the much better Gustified graphics) would make 2023 easily the best Switch year for me, and definitely better than 2022 lol. If we get stuff like Prime 4, Pikmin 4, a new 3d Mario, in addition to some great 3rd party stuff and DLC (iirc Emily said in the FE leak thread that a reason why the new game is being sat on for so long is in order to develop DLC, so hopefully we get some really good stuff), then that would elevate an already amazing (for me) year to God-tier. I think whether or not any given year is a "good year" for Switch is a huge YMMV situation.
Pikmin 4, Prime 4 and 3D Mario same year cant happen it would be too good…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom