• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fami was down for me whenever I checked today lol. Glad its back up, I missed the 9 am reset the clock! Next week for Mario Kart? I feel like we've been saying that every week though...

I still can't believe we got nothing this season

I'm shocked! Well, not that shocked.
It sucks, but there's so much stuff that seems like it should be right around the corner, and August should have some decent updates leading up to September Direct time in just a handful of weeks. So it's not going to be long.

Now if we get to TGS and still haven't had any first party announcements, I'll really think something is up. But I don't see that happening.

I still can't believe we got nothing this season

I'm shocked! Well, not that shocked.

Shocked-GIF.gif

I'm just annoyed because there's a really shitty 4 day period at the beginning of August that I have to deal with and I'm dreading. I wanted news to make me feel better about it lol

But once it's over I'll just be able to chill and enjoy the ride

we're all gonna panic when they don't announce anything for the first half of august and then they suddenly drop mario kart dlc, splat 3 direct, kirby and metroid prime in one week

80% of what we would have gotten in a hypothetical E3 General Direct was shown in the Partner and Twitter announcements so I'm not really too upset. It would a nice to have one or two new games to chat about but games will be announced eventually and will be out when they are ready. The Directs having no baring on when we get stuff in our hands. In the mean time, Xenoblade 3 is coming out. The fall season is looking pretty full already. The Splatoon 3 marketing will be kicking into gear soon.

I know everyone’s feeling down at the moment, but one day, soon, when you least expect it, when your guard is down, when you are thinking about something else entirely, maybe while you’re at home or at work, any day now, out of fucking nowhere, you’ll see it, a single tweet, short but sweet, as in from heaven, and it will say don’t forget forget to pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

I know everyone’s feeling down at the moment, but one day, soon, when you least expect it, when your guard is down, when you are thinking about something else entirely, maybe while you’re at home or at work, any day now, out of fucking nowhere, you’ll see it, a single tweet, short but sweet, as in from heaven, and it will say Zink is a popular brand in the Splatlands beloved by many cephalopods for its breathable, athletic gear

Fixed that for you

I know everyone’s feeling down at the moment, but one day, soon, when you least expect it, when your guard is down, when you are thinking about something else entirely, maybe while you’re at home or at work, any day now, out of fucking nowhere, you’ll see it, a single tweet, short but sweet, as in from heaven, and it will say don’t forget forget to pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles 3!
165.gif

I think Metroid Prime will have the same treatment as TLOU remake. Big graphics update with barely any change in the gameplay

Think that would be for the best. Besides some potential quality of life fixes, a presentation update is really all that's needed.

I think Metroid Prime will have the same treatment as TLOU remake. Big graphics update with barely any change in the gameplay

Maybe this is the boomer in me speaking but I can't tell much difference other than color palette changing. I always have been against the hyper realism in video games, keeping the "unreality factor" is important to me.

Maybe this is the boomer in me speaking but I can't tell much difference other than color palette changing. I always have been against the hyper realism in video games, keeping the "unreality factor" is important to me.
I agree with only the part that says it didnt change much. It probably did, but tlou 1 was already gorgeous.

As for Prime, while id be happy if there was a few story improvements, i think its fine if its the same game with a much better presentation.

If someone makes a Super Smash style game where you can fight with video game consoles for example, GameCube, Xbox 360, PS4, Wii, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, etc... instead of Nintendo characters and for example, stages could be video game related such as, an E3 Mainstage, Walmart Electronics Section, BestBuy Black Friday Door Rush, and Game Awards 20xx Stage, and finally call it Console Wars, you'll definitely make some serious lulz money.

You might lose it all and more in lawsuits though idk.

EDIT: yes this is a Friday night idea.

Last edited:
Considering this thread is moving at lightning speed I highly doubt anyone will be quick enough to see this message, but I must try anyway. I have acquired a humungous leak from a reputable source currently within the deepest confines of Nintendo's office. I have little time left. Only view the following classified information if you are willing to risk everything, for the Nintendo ninjas will come after you and your family just as they are coming for mine. Beware.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Considering this thread is moving at lightning speed I highly doubt anyone will be quick enough to see this message, but I must try anyway. I have acquired a humungous leak from a reputable source currently within the deepest confines of Nintendo's office. I have little time left. Only view the following classified information if you are willing to risk everything, for the Nintendo ninjas will come after you and your family just as they are coming for mine. Beware.
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
This leek seems a bit Farfetch’d.

I can't tell that it's as humungous as you claim. Care to provide anything for scale?

Maybe this is the boomer in me speaking but I can't tell much difference other than color palette changing.
Yeah one is gud grafficks, the other is gud grafficks with better shadows and more bloom
I always have been against the hyper realism in video games, keeping the "unreality factor" is important to me.
Imagine Last of Us with Windwaker artstyle

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Thread is dead, quick, let's talk about wtf Nintendo is going to do in 2023 because it just seems like it's going to be BOTW2 and a Dump Truck of DLC The Year
Here's what I think Nintendo is gonna do in 2023:
Directs

Thread is dead, quick, let's talk about wtf Nintendo is going to do in 2023 because it just seems like it's going to be BOTW2 and a Dump Truck of DLC The Year

January- Advance Wars Reboot Camp (If it doesn't come out this year)
February- New Fire Emblem
March- BOTW 2
April- Everbody's 1, 2 Switch/Super Mario Bros Wii HD
May- Detective Pikachu 2
June- Mario Sluggers: Grand Slam/Pikmin 4
July- Star Fox is back!
August- Punch Out!
September- Wario Land
October- Metroid Prime 4/Super Mario Party 2
November- Donkey Kong 3D Platformer
December- Ring Fit Adventure 2

2023 prediction stuff:

these feel inevitable...
-- BotW2
-- next mainline FE
-- AW remake (bet they dump it early next year)
-- DLC galore (MK8D, XB3, Splatoon 3, M+R2, Pokemon S/V)

these have a good chance
-- Prime 4
-- EPD8 game (god help me if this still doesn't get announced)
-- EPD10 game
-- Good Feel game
-- NST game
-- Grezzo game (should be near ready in terms of dev timeline but if it's Zelda they'd release it far away from BotW2)

I assume either EPD8 or EPD10 will have a Mario game ready next year. The former will have had 6 years and the latter 4 years to get something made. Next year is the Mario movie and SNW's debut in the US, it would be a huge shame to miss that brand awareness for Mario.

Real talk though, I think 2023 is going to be 2018-2. A mediocre year carried by one big game (Smash in 2018, BOTW2 in 2023) and a ton of DLC. We'll get some smaller stuff like Fire Emblem, a EPD4 casual game, and one big (but not earth shattering) secondary title in a new 2D Mario game, but overall it won't be that great if you've had your fill of 2022 games.

If Drake launches in spring with Zelda, I think we'll very likely get a 3D Mario for holiday like in 2017. The 2 games will be at least 6 months apart from each other.

Real talk though, I think 2023 is going to be 2018-2. A mediocre year carried by one big game (Smash in 2018, BOTW2 in 2023) and a ton of DLC. We'll get some smaller stuff like Fire Emblem, a EPD4 casual game, and one big (but not earth shattering) secondary title in a new 2D Mario game, but overall it won't be that great if you've had your fill of 2022 games.
Oof. I wished I never read this. Worst take in a very long time.

If next year has the trio of new hardware, BotW2, and the next big Mario it will be enough for me. Mario is the wildcard but it's continued absence again next year would be another fiasco like Retro Studios is at this point.

First I couldn‘t get that Rythm Arena Interview out of my head only because raccoon posted this 10 second wrestler cat a few days ago. The next day I remembered like all the tunes of that game and they‘re stuck in my head since then. I’m slowly going mad but I can‘t help it, they‘re so catchy that it is burned into my brain without even touching that game the past 10 years.

I prefer the lighting in the original game over the remake in some of these shots. The push towards more “realistic” lighting makes some shots appear too dark, at times losing the background detail I enjoyed or de-emphasizing the focal characters in a scene.

Edit: I’m also not a fan of just going out the wazoo and adding vegetation just because you can. I don’t see it as a sign of increased fidelity, it’s just a different artistic approach.

Last edited:
Real talk though, I think 2023 is going to be 2018-2. A mediocre year carried by one big game (Smash in 2018, BOTW2 in 2023) and a ton of DLC.
Good. I need the time to catch up. The sheer flood of games this gen has been dizzying to me.

DLC we're probably getting in 2023:
  1. Mario Kart DLC Wave 4
  2. Mario Kart DLC Wave 5
  3. Mario Kart DLC Wave 6
  4. Splatoon 3 Expansion
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion
  6. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Expansion
  7. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Expansion 1
  8. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Expansion 2
  9. Breath of the Wild 2 DLC
  10. Nintendo Switch Sports DLC
  11. Mario Strikers DLC
We could literally get DLC every month. That's a ton of content, some of which will be treated as a major release (Pokemon, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Xenoblade). I could see Nintendo relying on them heavily next year.

Going by obviously reliable rumors and speculation:
  • BotW2
  • 3D Mario
  • MP4
  • AW Remake (maybe)
  • Pikmin 4
  • FE
  • DK
  • F-Zero
  • Golden Sun
  • MK DLC
  • Splatoon DLC
  • Pokemon DLC
  • Xenoblade DLC

So yeah, should be ok I guess.

I’m not terribly worried about 2023 for Switch. I wrote a post nearly ten days ago about some of the bigger games we know so far:

I'm currently still most interested to find out where the last missing pieces of 2022 fit right now including the Mario Kart DLC, Advance Wars, rumored Metroid Prime, other surprises etc. but I think it's worth remembering not only is 2022 stacked, but we are starting to get a small look into 2023 even without Nintendo teasing much yet.

Some big ones we currently have largely avoiding undated year games:

Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4 (Undated I know)
Mario Kart DLC
Xenoblade 3 DLC
Trails To Azure (An incredible game all JRPG fans need to jump on)
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
Trails Into Reverie
Labyrinth of Galleria: Moon Society
Super Bomberman R2
MegaMan Battle Network Collection
Eiyuuden Chronicle
Gunbrella
Sea of Stars
Anonymous;Code

I'm really not worried about Switch in 2023 even with Drake somewhere on the horizon.

The biggest thing coming unannounced I think is a 3D Mario. In a few months we’ll hit the 5 year anniversary of Mario Odyssey so something is coming soon from that team. It and Breath of the Wild 2 are going to be great showcases for new gen 2 hardware (which I think in part is why Nintendo has been so quiet lately) and it will also synergize well with the new movie. A new 2D Mario is also possible, but that’s probably a holiday title if not for the following year. Speaking of Mario, expect a new sport or party game of some kind. I’m praying for Fortune Street personally.

Another big game is the new Fire Emblem rumored/leaked that’s looking far more likely for 2023 at this point with Dragon Quest Treasures in December. Incidentally, I think Advance Wars, Metroid Prime R, and, if it releases at all, Everybody 1 2 Switch are this year.

One big thing for next year, I expect we’ll see some cool franchise revivals. Golden Sun just saw some activity with the new website HD artwork. A collection of the first two games makes sense and shouldn’t be that hard to put out. I’ve also been thinking for a while we’ll see something F-Zero related. I’m 50/50 if it’s a new game or just an enhanced port of GX, but I’m feeling pretty good about it. There’s plenty more untapped franchises for Switch beyond these as well like Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Star Fox etc.

All of that seems like a good start right there. Lot of possibilities despite so many huge games dropping this year. I’m excited for all of the major DLC support as well.

Obviously YMMV, but since I’m not a big Smash fan BOTW2 and Fire Emblem alone make it better than all of 2018. And they’re likely both H1 titles, so I think next year is going to be quite good.

• Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
  • Fire Emblem (Mainline)
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • EPD 8 3D Project / Mario
The first three I kind of expect in H1. Not sure what we’ll see for the rest of the year. Maybe something from EPD9 that’s definitely not MK…

2018 was a fine year imo. It had great games such as Hollow Knight, Celeste, Octopath Traveller, Dead Cells, Ys XIII, Yoku's Island Express, Hyper Light Drifter, Into the Breach, Inside, GRIS, Civ 6, Monster Boy and the Cursted Kingdom, and Warframe.

Plus we got ports of great titles such as Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 1 and 2, and Captain Toad.

I simply can’t accept not getting a 3D Mario next year.

Six whole fucking years, I can’t accept it lol

We had six years between 64 and Sunshine, and that was when dev times were shorter. Presumably if we don't get 3D Mario, we'll be getting the rumored Donkey Kong thing EPD's been working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom