• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the 3DS Direct where the skits were great but the actual direct was total garbage?
2016 Septmeber, yeah. Not that bad actually, showed Hey! Pikmin, Mario Sports Superstars or what that was, Yoshi for 3DS port, Mario Maker port. It was basically, Wii U is dead we will try to port Wii U games to 3DS.

2015 but yes

it also had amiibo festival lmfao

And Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for good measure.

I guess that they would never used muppets in 2015 if Iwata was okay, he don't want us to see him in bad condition.

I always felt the puppets were kind of a follow up to the robot chicken stuff they did the year before. Though it really sucks that Iwata was getting so much flack at the time due to Nintendo's poor output when he was struggling with his health.

Thinking about the puppets definitely makes me very sad because they most likely existed because of Iwata's health

I'm curious, for you younger people out there, does the aesthetic of the Splatoon series speak to you? Like is it something you find relatable? When I saw Splatoon 1 for the first time, the aesthetics really reminded me of stuff you would see in the 90s and early 2000s. It felt like something you would see on Nickelodeon back then in between Rocket Power and Double Dare. Bright colors. Kind of garish and busy designs. Even the super soaker theme itself which were huge when I was a kid. The entire package feels like it was meant to appeal to millennial kid. That kind of aesthetic really went away by the mid to late 2000s so I don't know if younger fans of the series have that same attachment to how the series looks.

couldn’t get Lebron to voice himself?

Strange. Thought he was a locked just cause of Space jam. Tho honestly. That’s not really a reason to think so on my part.

I'm curious, for you younger people out there, does the aesthetic of the Splatoon series speak to you? Like is it something you find relatable? When I saw Splatoon 1 for the first time, the aesthetics really reminded me of stuff you would see in the 90s and early 2000s. It felt like something you would see on Nickelodeon back then in between Rocket Power and Double Dare. Bright colors. Kind of garish and busy designs. Even the super soaker theme itself which were huge when I was a kid. The entire package feels like it was meant to appeal to millennial kid. That kind of aesthetic really went away by the mid to late 2000s so I don't know if younger fans of the series have that same attachment to how the series looks.

I adore the aesthetic but I'm a 2001 kid, it's silly but I think it also appeals to queer culture a lot for some reason? Also, quite a few of the aesthetics in the game are still very much alive in niche circles or even making a comeback.

I'm 22 so I was exposed to some of that look when I was really young, but don't have any memory of it. All the same, the loud Splatoon aesthetic definitely appeals to me, I've always assumed, on its own merit

25 here, not really no. I mean I own Splatoon 2 and thought it was fun enough gameplay wise, but the actual aesthetic doesn't really draw me in all that much to the point where I would pick up Splatoon 3.

I'm 27 and Splatoon looks like every goddamn toy and food commercial I ever saw as a kid

Them squids are radical/tubular/so bad/etc.

I love the aesthetic

I adore the aesthetic but I'm a 2001 kid, it's silly but I think it also appeals to queer culture a lot for some reason? Also, quite a few of the aesthetics in the game are still very much alive in niche circles or even making a comeback.
as a 2002 kid I totally agree with this.

I turned 30 this year.

It was a wonderful June birthday. Got my usual E3 General Dire—

Oh yeah. That didn’t happen this June again.

I watched Top Gun Maverick With my 2 sisters. It was really fun time. Xenoblade Direct and Battle Network announcement. Nice June month.

No. Not really. Pretty series and all but nothing amazing

Who is the equivalent Nintendo could add to Smash 7?

MjordanSNES_boxart.jpg

I joke about being old (1985) but I think I've seen a couple people here admit to being older than me.
1983 here. I think I've only seen maybe 2 users older then me. Does that make me smarter than these youngens? No. No it doesn't. But definitely wiser! No, not that either. Just old.

If you are from Europe you know how special it feels to watch Directs at 11 or 12 at night, depending on daylight saving, something people over the US will never experience and am sorry for them.
Nintendo's E3 has been at around noon for me which blows

the newer Direct time is right in the evening though, makes for a great vibe watching live

If you are from Europe you know how special it feels to watch Directs at 11 or 12 at night, depending on daylight saving, something people over the US will never experience and am sorry for them.
I mean, I had to watch the Partner Direct at 9am because I live on the east coast

Only applies to dedicated ones from Switch era, yeah it was good too.
I hated 11-12pm directs when I was younger because I had to always wake up really early for class (ik I’m a zoomer) so I basically slept only sub 4 hours the days that we got a Direct. Now it doesn’t matter but I still prefer them earlier

So are you telling me after all this, all the "they would not do Treehouse just for Live a Live" etc. which actually turned out to be pretty barebones and easy setup. That after all that, Takahashi showed his new suit and glasses just to appear at Rabbids showcase for 1 minute? It really felt like, this is your damn Direct because I am here. Absolutely classic Nintendo move.

So are you telling me after all this, all the "they would not do Treehouse just for Live a Live" etc. which actually turned out to be pretty barebones and easy setup. That after all that, Takahashi showed his new suit and glasses just to appear at Rabbids showcase for 1 minute? It really felt like, this is your damn Direct because I am here. Absolutely classic Nintendo fandom move.
small adjustment

As a US citizen living on the west coast, I've also been able to live in Korea and Italy, as well as some time in the Middle East, so I have experienced not only the early morning direct, but the noon direct, the evening direct, the midnight direct, and the dear god what time is it 3 AM the next day into the future direct

I gotta say, my least favorite of the bunch is whichever one I get to say to myself "I woke up early for this?"

I think I've experienced all timings of showcases BESIDES the "oh god it's 3 AM please kill me" one. Early morning for the January 2017 one, afternoons for E3 ones and late evening/midnight for general ones.

At this point I have just accepted Nintendo loves trolling and they will just randomly decide to make an event one day with 1st party games, I have over 20 games on my backlog so I’m not going to ran out of Switch games any time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom