• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Direct branding with Splatoon 2 at the end, 2in1, like Switch is

arms-direct-1.jpg

It's gonna be "Nintendo Direct Mini - Employee Showcase" and makes me look like someone who knows things despite knowing nothing!

I mean, if Partner showcases were revived, then I don’t see why Spotlights can’t either, Directs would them be reserved for Feb/Sept while summer showcases are split up

Obviously a Direct is preferred but a couple weeks ago on Kit and Krysta’s podcast, they said Nintendo got tired of people expecting a direct during Feb June and Sept so maybe that’s why they seem to be switching up their presentation marketing

Without E3 to attach it to I highly doubt they’ll reuse the “Spotlight” term

”Nintendo Spotlight” =/= “Nintendo E3 2017 Spotlight”

I mean, if Partner showcases were revived, then I don’t see why Spotlights can’t either, Directs would them be reserved for Feb/Sept while summer showcases are split up

Obviously a Direct is preferred but a couple weeks ago on Kit and Krysta’s podcast, they said Nintendo got tired of people expecting a direct during Feb June and Sept so maybe that’s why they seem to be switching up their presentation marketing
To be completely honest, Kit and Krysta don't work for Nintendo anymore so I don't see how that's much relevant.

If there is a first party event this month, but it doesn’t have Mario, Zelda, or Metroid I’m not interested. I guess that makes me one of the bad Nintendo fans. shrug

At least it would be likely to have Metroid!

If there is a first party event this month, but it doesn’t have Mario, Zelda, or Metroid I’m not interested. I guess that makes me one of the bad Nintendo fans. shrug

Well, pure speculation, but with the delay, they can happily wait for the September Direct to show Zelda again.

If a first-party event is indeed happening this month, Metroid should be a lock

Everyone wants WWHD and TPHD to come to Switch but I’m over here hoping for either Oracle remakes like Link’s Awakening 2019 or a brand new 2D Zelda

To be completely honest, Kit and Krysta don't work for Nintendo anymore so I don't see how that's much relevant.
They did work for Nintendo, so if while they worked there they knew Nintendo was tired of people expecting directs those months then it would be very relevant.

But I didn’t listen to the podcast so I don’t know the context or if they were just speculating or whatnot

They did work for Nintendo, so if while they worked there they knew Nintendo was tired of people expecting directs those months then it would be very relevant.

But I didn’t listen to the podcast so I don’t know the context or if they were just speculating or whatnot
TBH it would be weird for a marketing strategy that works very well to be changed up just because people expect them now

"nintendo direct mini- the janitor's showcase"

" hey, guys, I'm hiroshi, I'm the cleaning guy at Nintendo's headquarters, you wouldn't believe the mess I've seen there ! But first Let's see some pictures of the stairs I just cleaned despite Mr miyamoto's shouting matches"

What’s the difference between a Spotlight & a Direct because it only seems like a wording difference.

Everyones arguing over the naming of the event but Nintendo just gonna announce on twitter "We have a video for you nerds. Watch it or don't. I don't give a shit"

I seem to remember rumors of a RDR2 port being taken seriously at some point. Was that discounted ever or attached to any other rumors (eg by the same person)

Now that they've officially discontinued the online portion, even less likely.

Everyone wants WWHD and TPHD to come to Switch but I’m over here hoping for either Oracle remakes like Link’s Awakening 2019 or a brand new 2D Zelda
I think we'll get one of those, just not this year. BOTW2 was originally scheduled for this year and I doubt they would have had a 2D Zelda ready to go as well.

True or false: Advance Wars: Reboot Camp will release this year.
True, but only a digital release. No physical until next year.

I seem to remember rumors of a RDR2 port being taken seriously at some point. Was that discounted ever or attached to any other rumors (eg by the same person)

Now that they've officially discontinued the online portion, even less likely.
Wait, they what?! Rockstar wtf are you doing?!

I think we'll get Mario Kart next week. That's a good enough reason to leave the Splatoon 3 tournament empty that weekend.
I think these two have nothing to do with each other. It's not middle in the week but Friday and Saturday.

Also I would love Splatoon 3 tournament already imao

I have to resist the urge to answer every "true or false" question with "true"

true || false == true

I think we'll get Mario Kart next week.
Mario Kart seems likely if for whatever reason Nintendo cannot delay the next wave’s release. There was actually supposed to be a trailer for the next Tour in MKT at 2am last night, but none of Nintendo’s socials reported about it, it’s only publicly available because the game itself links to the trailer at a specific time. I expect a shadowdrop for the next wave

If you look at Splatoon 2 taking a week off for its tournament, then you’d think whatever happens next week will at least have Splatoon 3 involved.

Also, as mentioned last year they started the Splatoon 2 tournament after the Switch OLED was announced. Maybe if they had to announce hardware in the middle of July they took that weekend off.

I'm not confident on a Nintendo 1st party showcase, but after the Partner Direct I feel like the separation makes sense.

When Nintendo releases a regular Direct, people are usually hoping for the first party megatons, the new Zelda trailer and all that stuff. Because of that, the smaller 3rd party games get less attention and get kinda buried in the midst of the news. Separating 3rd party and 1st party announcements solves that issue.

On the other hand, a regular Nintendo Direct likely gets a lot more views than a Partner one, so even if 3rd party games are fighting for attention they're doing so in a stream that has more viewers.

I'm not sure which approach is better but there's some sense in separating the announcements.

Maybe there’s just no reason there’s nothing that weekend, like, maybe they’re just having a break right in the middle of the tourney, like, regardless of if there’s news next week or not, it doesn’t have to be the reason for no tourney right?

Maybe there’s just no reason there’s nothing that weekend, like, maybe they’re just having a break right in the middle of the tourney, like, regardless of if there’s news next week or not, it doesn’t have to be the reason for no tourney right?
We can speculate what we want, right? People want to take it to mean something is happening along with the list of other things Derachi detailed.

in isolation, yes, but they really crammed everything into this week. nso announcement early, xenoblade previews early, alongside the splatoon oled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom