• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

I feel like people are too focussed on the idea that the Switch 2 launch has anything to do with ToTK (myself included). Honestly looking at it now, I don't think ToTK is, or was ever intended to be, a cross-gen title. Work would have started on it in 2017 immediately after BoTW released, and 2 or more years of development would have been completed on ToTK before work on the new console even started. It was also almost certainly intended to be released at least a year before Switch 2, and although development delays may have pushed it closer to Switch 2 than intended, that doesn't mean it's suddenly a cross-gen game. If the development team is having trouble getting a large scale, ambitious project like ToTK out the door on time, the last thing they'd want to hear is "So, given it's taking longer than expected to finish for Switch, why don't you massively rework almost the entire game so that we can use it as a graphical showcase for our next gen console?"
Kind of stopped reading there. At least I never thought the totk Drake patch would be anything more than resolution, framerate and settings. Which is good enough, considering how well BOTW helds up on emulators.

Here is an interesting snippet, on the bandai/namco FAQ for Baten Kaitos...the game supported resolution while docked is 1080p (*works up to 1440p)

I could be looking too much into this but found it interesting. I can't think of another game that supports a higher resolution.
Being a bit pedantic here, but it doesn't say 1440p, it says:
  • Screen Resolution: TV Mode at 1920x1080 (*works at up to 2K resolution)
If we want to get technical, 1080p is 2K, and although people commonly use 2K to refer to 1440p, it would more accurately be called 2.5K.

That said, it is a bit curious, and I don't really know what they mean here.

Metroid Prime Remastered being shadow dropped and released in February when it could have held up a month in the schedule easily makes me think they have to have something decent in Holiday '23 but it could just be that they want to release chunky Zelda/Pokemon/Splatoon/Xeno DLC around then

DLC is only attractive to people who already own the system and the games, not really something that does a lot for appeal to people who havent bought a Switch yet, so I very much doubt that would be Nintendo's plan for momentum in the second half of 2023. In the Q&A, it was said that they want to create demand no only by releasing new titles but also by working further to convey the appeal of existing titles. This has to be a return of Players Choice titles. A lot of their evergreen titles are starting to slow down and they have some titles like Metroid Dread, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & 3, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain and the Mario Sports games that really havent done huge numbers to begin with, and could use a shot at new life with a reduced price. It doesnt need to be $20 anyone, a $30 price would deliver consumers the value proposition they are looking for.

Nintendo will likely keep us mostly in the dark about second half 2023 regardless of what is planned. Dont be shocked if Nintendo held back a few titles for first half of 2023 to announce at a later date. People were surprised that no Mario game was announced at the Direct, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sudden announcement for a new 2D Mario a week before the Mario movie releases, and then advertise it at the theatres. They could also simply advertise their existing Mario games during the previews to help reinvigorate demand for those titles.

Kind of stopped reading there. At least I never thought the totk Drake patch would be anything more than resolution, framerate and settings. Which is good enough, considering how well BOTW helds up on emulators.
Yeah, i mean, wasnt that obvious to most?
the assets wont be much different, may some textures would be exported in lower resolution for the base switch to not overfill the memory, but overall i expected them to just push all sliders up (resolution, performance stability, draw distance, lod...) and not work on new effects, lighting, models,...
and (outside of some environmental textures in the first one) i don't even think it would be needed.

I feel like people are too focussed on the idea that the Switch 2 launch has anything to do with ToTK (myself included). Honestly looking at it now, I don't think ToTK is, or was ever intended to be, a cross-gen title. Work would have started on it in 2017 immediately after BoTW released, and 2 or more years of development would have been completed on ToTK before work on the new console even started. It was also almost certainly intended to be released at least a year before Switch 2, and although development delays may have pushed it closer to Switch 2 than intended, that doesn't mean it's suddenly a cross-gen game. If the development team is having trouble getting a large scale, ambitious project like ToTK out the door on time, the last thing they'd want to hear is "So, given it's taking longer than expected to finish for Switch, why don't you massively rework almost the entire game so that we can use it as a graphical showcase for our next gen console?"

Well, this has already happened several times in the past (Starfox Adventure, Twilight Princess, Pikmin 3, BoTW...), It wouldn't be too unusual.

Twilight Princess and BotW are visually the same cross-gen.
The user experience on Switch is massively improved, though. No installations to the internal memory, no loading screen between the game and home menu, better performance, better draw distance, somewhat better controls (imagine having to flip an entire Wii U GamePad upside down for one of the gyro shrines.)

The user experience on Switch is massively improved, though. No installations to the internal memory, no loading screen between the game and home menu, better performance, better draw distance, somewhat better controls (imagine having to flip an entire Wii U GamePad upside down for one of the gyro shrines.)
Better sound too, apparently.

Cool so all of this is a lot easier to do than redoing all of the textures and character models and lighting to make a visually impressive cross-gen title for platforms with vastly different specs.

wait really? i thought the visuals are mostly the same sans resolution.
And performance...technically both are 30, the wii u just dips more often below that.

The sound is better, im just not sure if many would hear the difference.
I assume they just compressed the audio more for the smaller ram, buti dont htink they compressed it so much that there is a hearable difference on the switch speakers or default tv/soundbar speakers.

headphones/good sound system, thats another thing.

Then again, during gameplay im not sure how much people Listen to the minute details between different compression's.

btw: just wanted to point out, even if i did have a lot of criticism for Link Awakening, the sound effects where so F*ing great. Punchy, virbant, poping, dynamic. Lostening to them over my studio monitors was such a joy.

There is no better draw distance actually.
The settings are 100% identical, at the exception of 900p resolution. Also, although the performance is better, it's marginally so. There are even some areas where the Switch dips but not the Wii U.
i thought the visuals are mostly the same sans resolution.
That is true.

So the experience is better but barely.
Saying it's "massively improved" is a big exagerration.

Last edited:
Nintendo's official translation for the Q&A session for the nine months financial results briefing for the fiscal year ending on March 2023 has been posted.

Q2:
Regarding hardware, you explained that sell-through [see note] during the holiday season fell short of expectations, but how did the demand for multiple systems fare during that period? Also, with Nintendo Switch entering its seventh year next fiscal year, do you expect a natural decline in unit sales?
A2:
Furukawa: As background for our revised financial forecast, we explained that planned shipments for the fourth quarter (January-March) were revised mainly because holiday season sales did not meet expectations in overseas markets. The production constraints caused by the shortage of semiconductors and other components were largely resolved in October of last year, and through our efforts to deliver products for the holiday season, our shipment volume through the end of the third quarter generally matched the revised plan implemented at the time of our six-month financial results. On the other hand, holiday season sales were not as large as the past two years, with the result that sell-through fell short of expectations.
When looking at the overall Nintendo Switch family, demand for multiple systems continues to account for around 30 percent of unit sales this fiscal year, so there has been no major change. However, when you look at individual models, the demand for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite as additional systems has increased year-on-year. That said, although the proportion of demand for Nintendo Switch – OLED Model as an additional system was quite high following its 2021 launch, there has been an increase in demand as a first Nintendo Switch system over time. This resulted in a smaller proportion of Nintendo Switch – OLED Model systems being purchased as an additional console in the current fiscal year.
Nintendo Switch is coming up on its seventh year of sales in March, and we see this as uncharted territory in the history of our dedicated video game platforms. Under these circumstances it is hard to imagine that hardware sales will continue to grow at the same pace they have to date. However, there are titles under development for Nintendo Switch, and new titles will continue to be proposed going forward. We are seeing both new demand and multiple system demand for the hardware, so we think there is still room for growth in sales. To that end, we want to maintain a high level of engagement with the hardware and create new demand not only by releasing new titles but also by working further to convey the appeal of existing titles.

[Note] Sell-through refers to sales made to individual consumers. In addition to units sold by retailers, this number also includes units sold to individual consumers through Nintendo's direct-sales sites or as downloadable software.

Q3:
Considering the unit sales results for the current fiscal year, it seems like it will be difficult to stop the slowdown in hardware sales just by releasing new software. Are you planning any specific measures for next fiscal year?
A3:
Furukawa: Nintendo Switch will soon mark its seventh year since launch. Ideally, we would like to maintain unit sales volume next fiscal year at the same scale as this fiscal year. However, looking back at the holiday season, our results were affected in part by external factors like the change in consumer behavior caused by inflation and the diversification of entertainment choices due Nine Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2023 (Online) Nintendo Co., Ltd. to the resumption of economic activity. Especially in overseas markets, it was more of a challenge for Nintendo Switch to be seen by consumers as their first choice of entertainment. Sales have been steady entering the fourth quarter, but in the Nintendo Switch’s seventh year, it might be hard to increase unit sales with hardware-related initiatives alone. That is my candid impression. In your question, you said "just by releasing new software," but motivating people to play games for a long time and inspiring them to pick up new titles are both extremely important factors when it comes to maintaining the momentum of our dedicated video game platform business. Next fiscal year, we plan to release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in May and Pikmin 4 in 2023. By using these kinds of opportunities to convey the appeal of Nintendo Switch, we will work to maximize sales through new purchases, replacement purchases, and additional purchases so we can maintain and increase our business momentum.

Q5:
Going forward, what kind of life cycle do you expect for Nintendo Switch? If the hardware unit sales gradually decrease in the future, will software sales similarly decrease? Or do you expect software sales to stabilize at a certain level due to the increase in annual playing users? Please also talk about your pricing strategies for hardware and software going forward.
A5:
Furukawa: Nintendo Switch, which will soon enter its seventh year, has sold over 120 million units cumulatively, and we believe that it is entering uncharted territory in Nintendo's dedicated video game platform business. In this environment, it will not be easy to maintain hardware sales at the same pace as before. For this reason, our new challenge for the seventh year is finding ways to encourage users who are considering new purchases, replacement purchases, and additional purchases to pick up a Nintendo Switch.
We believe that both new titles and evergreen titles can create opportunities for new users to purchase hardware. Furthermore, maintaining engagement with the hardware can lead to the introduction of new software. In December of last year, we saw the highest-ever level of Nintendo Switch engagement, and many consumers continue to play Nintendo Switch. Given the situation, it is important going forward to communicate the appeal of Nintendo Switch through software offerings to consumers considering new purchases, replacement purchases, and additional purchases of the hardware.
SUPER NINTENDO WORLD will have its grand opening at Universal Studios Hollywood this February, and The Super Mario Bros. Movie will premiere in April. By creating opportunities for consumers to encounter Nintendo topics in areas outside of the dedicated video game platform, we aim to maintain the overall momentum of our business.
As we continue the Nintendo Switch business over the long term, we have tried to preserve the value and prices of both hardware and software as much as possible. We do not believe that policy needs to be changed at this point.

There is no better draw distance actually.
The settings are 100% identical, at the exception of 900p resolution. Also, although the performance is better, it's marginally so. There are even some areas where the Switch dips but not the Wii U.

That is true.

So the experience is better but barely.
Saying it's "massively improved" is a big exagerration.
well, i would argue that the reduced load times, the resolution bump, the massively better off screen experience (higher resolution, better screen) are sizable improvements. i would not call them massive, but they do exist.

never the less, i think it was more then fine to play it on Wii U at launch.
and i usually don't see a difference if its a wii u emulation or a switch emulation when you see mods running.

There's a few interesting lines in there. Of course, they're only interesting because there's so many words and so few specifics - so that you're all but forced to read between the lines and imagine what they could potentially mean.

"We do not believe that policy needs to be changed at this point." - doesn't mean that can't be changed at another point. Similar to "no plans at this time". Classic.

Twice they mentioned the Mario movie and followed it with "We want to use these initiatives to invigorate the Nintendo Switch platform." and "our approach is to maximize the appeal of each IP and game to greatly increase sales momentum." I mean, that could simply be tweets or something saying "wasn't the movie great? here are all the old Mario games you can buy". But that would be the least they could do.

As an after-the-fact patch for a Switch game, that would be good enough. If ToTK released alongside Switch 2, and acted as the major launch title to showcase the new hardware, I don't think it would be good enough. As good at ToTK looks for a Switch game, Drake is a generational leap over TX1 in both performance and architecture, and using a Switch game with a resolution patch as your flagship launch title would seriously undersell the new hardware.

To me, the time has clearly passed for a May launch, but there was a time last year where I thought a Switch 2 launch alongside ToTK in May 2023 was a possibility, and in that case I was definitely expecting a much more significant update than resolution for the Switch 2 build. My post was in reaction to discussion about whether Nintendo should announce the new hardware before or after ToTK, but I was more describing the change in my thought process than anything else. Basically, it doesn't matter whether Nintendo announce Switch 2 before or after ToTK launches, because ToTK isn't a Switch 2 game.

Well, this has already happened several times in the past (Starfox Adventure, Twilight Princess, Pikmin 3, BoTW...), It wouldn't be too unusual.

Twilight Princess and BoTW were basically the same on both consoles they released on (higher resolution in BoTW's case, and the world flipped to make Link right-handed on Wii for Twilight Princess), there wasn't any substantial graphical upgrade on either. They were also both due to release on consoles that were basically dead, so Nintendo was looking to recoup their investments by also releasing them on their new generation machines. Conversely, ToTK is releasing on a 120M+ install base with very healthy software sales.

Starfox Adventure and Pikmin 3 were both games with long development cycles that switched platform years before they released. It's not as if Starfox Adventure released simultaneously for both N64 and Gamecube on GC launch day.

Being a bit pedantic here, but it doesn't say 1440p, it says:

If we want to get technical, 1080p is 2K, and although people commonly use 2K to refer to 1440p, it would more accurately be called 2.5K.

That said, it is a bit curious, and I don't really know what they mean here.
Those bullet points are a bit of mess, maybe it was google translated or something like that. E.g:
  • Compatibility: Nintendo Switch Lite
  • Game File Size: 8GB + microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card required.
I'd assume that the (*works up to 2K) probably means either dynamic 1080p or downsampled from native 1440p, most likely the former.

Why would they announce it early then release it late? Doesn’t make sense to me even if speculating
From first official announcement to release (depending on how you view "announcement date":
Wii U: June 2011 - November 2012 (17 months)
Xbox One: May 2013 - November 2013 (6 months)
PS4: June 2013 - November 2013 (5 months)

Switch: April/October 2016 - March 2017 ( 11 or 6 months)
Xbox Series X: December 2019 - November 2020 (11 months)
PS5: March/June 2020 - November 2020 (8 or 5 months)

I think early reveal and late release is perfectly reasonable timeframe for a console. It's not as if the reveal video has to show everything or even go very in-depth. I wouldn't expect an early reveal to be akin to the January 2017 presentation for the Switch, but rather like the October teaser one. But we already knew that the NX would be releasing in March of 2017 in April of 2016 before that as well.

Jan-Mar 2024: Reveal Switch 2, let people know it's coming in Holiday 2024.
May-July 2024: Showcase more games and dive into hardware more.
~November Release

I don't count an announcement of a console as reveal, or Switch would have been know since 2015.
The reveal for Switch for me is October 2016.

We will most definately hear things about the successor before reveal happens, unless Nintendo locks it down so tight, but that's nearly impossible with so many moving parts.

If what @NateDrake is saying is true and the announcement is early 2024, perhaps we will hear something by late 2023 from leaks.

I’m guessing that with Nate’s tweet we won’t see an announcement until early 2024 and release late 2024.

Nintendo will just cruise this year ands half with software until Drake comes out

Those bullet points are a bit of mess, maybe it was google translated or something like that. E.g:
I'd assume that the (*works up to 2K) probably means either dynamic 1080p or downsampled from native 1440p, most likely the former.
The "XK" resolution nomenclature is bad in general, and should never have been applied to TVs, but if 2160p is 4k, then 2K is 1080p.

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting that the "no comment" on new hardware isn't in there. I see that it says that these are the "main questions" at the top, so it's possible that they could just be excluding anything with a "no comment" answer, but they could have been doing the same thing in previous transcripts, so it doesn't necessarily reflect a change in response from Nintendo on the question.

I also notice that Furukawa twice said that Switch is entering "uncharted territory" in its seventh year. It's an interesting choice of words (and clearly an intentional one, given he uses it twice). Clearly preparing to announce a deal with Sony for an Uncharted collection to keep the Switch afloat for its last year of life.

Yeah, that makes sense. Dynamic resolution up to 1080p would be my guess.

I’m guessing that with Nate’s tweet we won’t see an announcement until early 2024 and release late 2024.

Nintendo will just cruise this year ands half with software until Drake comes out
to bad. really hoped they would have learned to not do that. well see if it will bite them in the end, or if it wont mater at all.

I just hope "drake" is not our stopgap for late release. i know, it will be a big jump above switch, but by the time its releasing it will already be 2 years old. there could be so much progress in certain areas.

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting that the "no comment" on new hardware isn't in there. I see that it says that these are the "main questions" at the top, so it's possible that they could just be excluding anything with a "no comment" answer, but they could have been doing the same thing in previous transcripts, so it doesn't necessarily reflect a change in response from Nintendo on the question.

I also notice that Furukawa twice said that Switch is entering "uncharted territory" in its seventh year. It's an interesting choice of words (and clearly an intentional one, given he uses it twice). Clearly preparing to announce a deal with Sony for an Uncharted collection to keep the Switch afloat for its last year of life.

Yeah, that makes sense. Dynamic resolution up to 1080p would be my guess.
i wonder if it's a tacit admission they didn't plan for it to be out without a successor this long. But more likely, on the strength of Switch HW sales, they have decided to entend its life

Why would they leave such a gap between announcement and release? Really makes no sense at all.
if they announce in spring (March) and launch in the fall, the gap would be within 6-8 months. not a huge gap. The phrasing 'early' and 'late' is very vague likely because no one knows when this will happen and even fewer know the actual launch date.

My only comment is their last November launch went poorly for them, but that's more to do with the console itself not being ready and too much software/ports at the front end, leading to a lot of them underperforming and burning 3rd parties. They really need to nail a right strategy for Switch 2. Upfront 3rd party support will be strong because Switch did great , but those releases should be spread out and not dumped at the launch. The isntalled base can't absorb all the games at once.

Why would they leave such a gap between announcement and release? Really makes no sense at all.
Switch was informally announced in March 2015, confirmed to investors with a March 2017 release target in March of 2016, and finally formally announced in October 2016.

At some point in time developer and supply chain leaks will occur (and have already happened here), and Nintendo will want to control messaging. At the very least Nintendo would need to announce the existence of hardware 4+ months out (more is better) so that manufacturing can ramp up and box consoles for release day.

@NateDrake Hey Nate, when will your Podcast drop in regards to the Direct?

We recorded an episode but I'm not totally happy with it. Listening back to it again & it'll either go live tomorrow morning or we'll rerecord and I'll post it on Sunday.

I don't count an announcement of a console as reveal, or Switch would have been know since 2015.
The reveal for Switch for me is October 2016.

We will most definately hear things about the successor before reveal happens, unless Nintendo locks it down so tight, but that's nearly impossible with so many moving parts.

If what @NateDrake is saying is true and the announcement is early 2024, perhaps we will hear something by late 2023 from leaks.
Treat the post from the other thread as speculation. It's repeating the same point I said last month when we had John on to talk hardware.

Its believed that Nates sources are connections with game developers, so apparently the people he knows aren't hearing anything about game development for a new console. How many developers do we expect to have early access to Switch 2 development? A Switch Pro would be very different because it is still part of the same generation, thousands of titles already exist on the platform. Switch 2 would be different. I would bet the ideal number of games Nintendo would like to have on launch day is around 15. The userbase is very small at launch, and this gives the released titles an opportunity to sell. That being the case, only a hand full of publishers and maybe a few Indies such as Shin'en will have early access to Switch 2 developer hardware. Very possible the sources Nate has connections to will not have development kits prior to Nintendo announcing Switch 2.

Another unappealing reality to consider is that Nintendo may very well rerelease 4K remasters of many of Switch's most popular game. Some people have been under the assumption that not only will Switch 2 be backwards compatible but also get patched to perform better on the newer hardware. I am not confident in this at all. Backwards computability will be a thing, but Nintendo will sell the 4K remastered versions as a completely separate title.

Its believed that Nates sources are connections with game developers, so apparently the people he knows aren't hearing anything about game development for a new console. How many developers do we expect to have early access to Switch 2 development?
Early access, a handful.

Access for at least a year (if not longer) in order to get projects out for launch day? All of the major developers. All of them.

Which is one of the gaps in this situation. At some point in time development has to begin to support launch and NVN2 isn't a drop in replacement.

When looking at the overall Nintendo Switch family, demand for multiple systems continues to account for around 30 percent of unit sales this fiscal year, so there has been no major change.
That said, although the proportion of demand for Nintendo Switch – OLED Model as an additional system was quite high following its 2021 launch, there has been an increase in demand as a first Nintendo Switch system over time.
Sales have been steady entering the fourth quarter, but in the Nintendo Switch’s seventh year, it might be hard to increase unit sales with hardware-related initiatives alone.
As we continue the Nintendo Switch business over the long term, we have tried to preserve the value and prices of both hardware and software as much as possible. We do not believe that policy needs to be changed at this point.
If the number of OLEDs sold to first time buyers is increasing, but it's steady for the Lite, then that implies to Nintendo that it isn't price that is keeping people on the fence. Once the library hits some tipping point for a customer, they buy, and they're willing to pay for the premium experience when they do. Being able to sell additional units to families is great for the hardware line, but potentially means that the attach rate goes down - those additional units don't bring the commensurate number of software sales, if families are sharing accounts/cartridges.

Nintendo won't cut prices. Nintendo won't be delivering a revision this year. Nintendo will sell more Switches by continuing to make games that make people want a Switch.

Thinking there may be a co op with one player controlling Zelda and the other player Link. rather than Zelda being playable on her own.

DLC is only attractive to people who already own the system and the games, not really something that does a lot for appeal to people who havent bought a Switch yet, so I very much doubt that would be Nintendo's plan for momentum in the second half of 2023. In the Q&A, it was said that they want to create demand no only by releasing new titles but also by working further to convey the appeal of existing titles. This has to be a return of Players Choice titles. A lot of their evergreen titles are starting to slow down and they have some titles like Metroid Dread, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & 3, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain and the Mario Sports games that really havent done huge numbers to begin with, and could use a shot at new life with a reduced price. It doesnt need to be $20 anyone, a $30 price would deliver consumers the value proposition they are looking for.

Nintendo will likely keep us mostly in the dark about second half 2023 regardless of what is planned. Dont be shocked if Nintendo held back a few titles for first half of 2023 to announce at a later date. People were surprised that no Mario game was announced at the Direct, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sudden announcement for a new 2D Mario a week before the Mario movie releases, and then advertise it at the theatres. They could also simply advertise their existing Mario games during the previews to help reinvigorate demand for those titles.
Ah yes, 2-3 million not being a lot. They are smaller series that will grow with time, they did really well for what they are. And many set new series records.

This is suspicious.
I suppose they're hinting at playable Zelda, but it is odd.

WhAt's sHe hOLdiNg In hEr leFT hAnd??? 🤡

But also...
E27-NV.gif

Edit: And now Switch 2 is trending on twitter because of that tweet. Does Nintendo know what they are doing?!?

so if we get Switch 2 by 2025. are we still most likely expecting the Nvidia leaked specs?

Won't it be dated by day 1 release.

All excitement has been sucked out of me for this lol

This is pretty much where I'm at. I would love it if they called it Super Mario Bros. 5.
I think by now they've well burned that numbering scheme. For most places in the world, people would go "Huh? There was a Super Mario Bros. 4?" And then there was that point when they were almost giving the SMB5 name to Yoshi's Island.

Pulling a naming trick like that after decades is also the kind of trick we usually see a Sonic the Hedgehog or Double Dragon pull without the goods to back it up. Exception for a case like A Link Between Worlds which was a 2 in Japan because there was a direct connection to a previous game.

so if we get Switch 2 by 2025. are we still most likely expecting the Nvidia leaked specs?

Won't it be dated by day 1 release.

All excitement has been sucked out of me for this lol

I would be shocked if Switch 2 hasn't been released by the end of 2024. That would assume Nintendo's plan is for a 9+ year console generation? I just cant see that happening. If the Switch Pro were canceled, then it was almost certainly because they had the true successor was not far behind and they didn't want to undermine the appeal of the successor when it comes out. Its honestly hard to sell myself on the idea that a Switch Pro existed, Nintendo had no true successor in development, Nintendo then cancels the Switch Pro and has only recently began development for the successor. If there wasn't a true successor coming behind the Switch Pro, why cancel the Pro? What would be the reason to cancel a Pro model and be left with nothing for the foreseeable future. Im 50% on board with late 2023 for Switch 2 and 50% on board with at any point in 2024. Once we are into 2024, I don't see first half being any more or less likely than second half 2024.

As for the specs, it all comes down to the process Drake is manufactured on. If its 5nm, the clock speeds will be high and performance really good. If its 8nm the clock speeds will be very low and performance will be a bit underwhelming. This assumes the hardware in question is two years away.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom