• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

This device doesn't need to launch with anything. It will sell regardless.
tbh I think it's more beneficial for the software itself than the hardware to align the launch, such as how Oled sorta helped elevate the launch for Dread a bit more.

Wow thanks for saying that, but no I don't have an account and would honestly feel bad to recieve money for this haha
I'm more thankful that I get a reason to practice translation!
I'd definitely contribute some cash your way! But, if you're wanting a little practice...:cool:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

yea, though I think by that time, Nvidia/Nintendo might have some kind of emulation available

no, they straight up say "we know there are dev kits out there"

here you go, darling

With how they generally talk about the Switch Pro in their format and also in context how he said this sentence, I don't see that he was refering to inside information that are exclusive to Digital Foundry here. By "we" he could have also meant the Nvidia Leak and other publicly available Rumors that were shared over the web.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they have zero infos of course, but I don't think that they are sharing them.

(completely random digression)
Huh, it really is 'uncle'/aunt'. I was kinda expecting/hoping for 'da ge/da jie' ('big bro/big sis'... or 'aniki/aneki' for the otaku among us).
(and specifically it's mother's brother/mother's younger sister)

...while I'm on that train of thought, those of you checking assorted east asian sources, what do Japanese and Korean fanbases use? Oji/Oba-san or Ani/Ane for Japanese? (I don't know uncle/aunt) or Hyung/Noona for Korean?
I think you're actually right! But, I can't find any example at the moment to corroborate that, haha! :ROFLMAO: Been hunting for like 10 minutes through my usual things and haven't found one for some reason right now, haha! Great question though, and hopefully someone else will chime in! If I happen to see it later, I'll try and post back on here to let you know!

I wish to believe and while it sounds plausible your post also feels like the best disaster recipe for setting yourself up for immense disappointment 😅 gotta love Nintendo
Don't worry about me. I've been riding with Nintendo for nearly 30 years. This weird ass company is always all over the place. I don't expect it to happen, but it'd be nice if it did.

There will NOT be an upgraded model announce this year.

They just raised the price to the Splatoon OLED model, and will not announce an even more expensive model prior to the holiday season.
A $10 premium on a limited edition is pretty tame. They're not raising the price of the OLED model, they're charging a little extra for the customization, in line with similar upgrades (the Animal Crossing Switch cost the same, and it wasn't an OLED, though it came with a digital code for the game)

Nintendo announced 2 limited edition Smash Bros 3DSs a week before the New 3DS was announced, and a new Monster Hunter 3DS the same day.

Limited edition machines are fan toys for existing Switch owners, produced in limited quantity. If Pro is announced in time for SplatoonSwitch buyers to cancel their preorder, you'll have folks who want both, but you can't say that they got lied to, and SplatoonSwitch sells out regardless.

A new screen size and type would have very likely leaked from Samsung or whatever other screen supplier they use. I'm not buying this one, which source is it from?

A $10 premium on a limited edition is pretty tame. They're not raising the price of the OLED model, they're charging a little extra for the customization, in line with similar upgrades (the Animal Crossing Switch cost the same, and it wasn't an OLED, though it came with a digital code for the game)

Nintendo announced 2 limited edition Smash Bros 3DSs a week before the New 3DS was announced, and a new Monster Hunter 3DS the same day.

Limited edition machines are fan toys for existing Switch owners, produced in limited quantity. If Pro is announced in time for SplatoonSwitch buyers to cancel their preorder, you'll have folks who want both, but you can't say that they got lied to, and SplatoonSwitch sells out regardless.
This isn't even the first special edition with a markup. The Monster Hunter Rise bundle was $370 for a special edition console and a $60 game, so that's also a $10 increase.

A new screen size and type would have very likely leaked from Samsung or whatever other screen supplier they use. I'm not buying this one, which source is it from?
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
I very much doubt that's what they meant. I'd say it's probably 8" diagonal including bezels. Remember, it has to maintain compatibility with Joy-Con, so it can't get any taller where the rails meet the body.

I'm getting tired of this "internal Bandai Namco studios don't support Switch" talk. There are literally no evidence on this. I don't know who started it but it's bullcrap. On the contrary, there are rumors of how they tried. Imran said their attempt to port Tekken 7 failed as they couldn't reach a satisfying performance. There are 5 "internal" games that skipped switch and but released on every other platform. Minus Tekken it's 4. And I'm saying 2 of 4 will be on Switch, we need more time. Big ports take awful lot of time.

Demon Slayer is a miracle port (I'm playing right now, it sure is) and we can't expect the game like that day one. CC2 ported the game themselves and did quite a great job. Late ports are a unfortunate truth about Switch but it also means devs are willing to extremes to bring their demanding games to Switch. I for one, am grateful to have stuff like Kakarot or Ninokuni 2 even though I had to wait some serious time.
Right so we should take the word of hearsay instead of what we can glean from sales data, trends, & company ideology. We were also told straight from the mouth that KH Collection was too powerful for the Switch. Companies are not spending 3-5yrs on a port of a game; they’ll spend 6mo-1yr at most. Unless you wanna tell me that SE spent ~5yrs attempting to port Nier & only now finally got it to work.

The only miracle about Demon Slayer is that they decided to release it for the Switch. It should have been day & date to get the most sales out of the game in conjunction with the movie. Instead we are going to see compressed sales & untapped potential because they decided to not include Switch in their pipeline or planning.

I feel that pictures will leak soon. I still think that screen will be 7", but tablet will be bigger - maybe for better cooling if they push it 20+W docked.

There will NOT be an upgraded model announce this year.

They just raised the price to the Splatoon OLED model, and will not announce an even more expensive model prior to the holiday season.

Product likely exists, but won't see the light of day until next spring, the earliest.
We aren’t talking about that, we only talked about you asking for a source which was provided.

If you don’t like it then idk what to tell you.

opinion: if it breaks joy-con compatibility it's a switch 2, no matter how they spin it
is it not possible that new joycons could be introduced while maintaining compatibility with the originals? ie you can slot them in but it won't be flush to the top of the casing like the new ones. would make zero difference to usability.

omg leaks

UpSwitch.jpeg

lol Nate舅舅 and Emily阿姨
Thank you, This Thread, for introducing me to these wonderful insights :love:

I also whole-heartedly welcome the term "funcle" and its plural "funcles" into my vocabulary.

... Also I am not quite sure what a "funcle" is yet, but its In regardless.

I very much doubt that's what they meant. I'd say it's probably 8" diagonal including bezels. Remember, it has to maintain compatibility with Joy-Con, so it can't get any taller where the rails meet the body.

is it not possible that new joycons could be introduced while maintaining compatibility with the originals? ie you can slot them in but it won't be flush to the top of the casing like the new ones. would make zero difference to usability.
Yes they might be awkward to use but they could still charge at least. The current rail is not centered along the length, so maybe they would increase the housing of the top end.

as impatient as I've been about this thing, if they really couldn't fit it into a switch they should've waited for a die shrink or something
This.

Though, we don’t know if it will keep the same aspect ratio. If it does, then the joycons can’t be compatible.

But if it changed to 21:9, then the joycons can remain compatible.

Right so we should take the word of hearsay instead of what we can glean from sales data, trends, & company ideology. We were also told straight from the mouth that KH Collection was too powerful for the Switch. Companies are not spending 3-5yrs on a port of a game; they’ll spend 6mo-1yr at most. Unless you wanna tell me that SE spent ~5yrs attempting to port Nier & only now finally got it to work.
Another bad example. Kingdom Hearts is on cloud on Switch because of the license costs. That's not the first time Square avoided KH license costs, KH BbS on PSP and KH 1.5+2.5 HD collections on PS3 were released physical only. Physical only BbS on PSP even killed off PSP Go, a digital only iteration of PSP that launched at the same time with BbS. It was dead on arrival without the most anticipated title, Kingdom Hearts. Someone, Stephen Totilo I believe, said back then, KH 1.5+2.5 re-release license cost should be around $11 million, even just for releasing it digitally on PSN. MS and Epic probably provided the money to have KH on their platforms. Until Nintendo also does that, they'll stay on cloud.

You're gonna have to have a little more faith. Grudges and bad blood don't exist between game companies, they are companies after all. If a non-exclusive game skips Switch it's either because technical reasons or the publisher/developer is misinformed on Nintendo and its audience.

I'm skeptical of the idea the screen would be a full inch larger. That's a bigger difference than from original to OLED.
This.

Though, we don’t know if it will keep the same aspect ratio. If it does, then the joycons can’t be compatible.

But if it changed to 21:9, then the joycons can remain compatible.
Why would they do that?

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom