• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

kek.png

Interesting...I think?

I think for anyone that might be confused on why wouldn’t they just choose Lovelace over Ampere.
We have a very similar situation in front of us right now where Sony is using some Frankenstein version of RDNA 1.5(with many RDNA 2 features added on) versus Microsoft that waited for RDNA 2.

We saw how much this truly hindered Microsoft this generation, they still aren't delivering games at a steady clip...
Is the problem with Microsoft not that most AAA third-party developers target the PS5 as the most popular console, and then Xbox is a second thought for them, leading to the RDNA2 features being left out? We see most multiplatform titles looking identical on PS5 and XSX despite XSX having more potential in certain areas.

Since there is no Nvidia console to compete with, I don’t see what difference it makes if Nintendo goes with Ampere or Lovelace in terms of development difficulty. Either way, it’s a completely different paradigm from AMD land.

sigh
Context: This is in Nintendo's newer package management tool for developers (called NNPM - Nintendo Package Manager), which released about 8 months ago and replaces the old NDI (Nintendo Dev Interface) tool. There's a solid possibility it's either a placeholder or some type of bait (it means something along the lines of "unknown" in Japanese, don't remember exactly what).

Edit: it's "plain"
I think we've been bamboozled.

I've only been keeping up with this on a semi basis so if someone can give me the most recent specs info, that would be well appreciated.

sigh
Context: This is in Nintendo's newer package management tool for developers (called NNPM - Nintendo Package Manager), which released about 8 months ago and replaces the old NDI (Nintendo Dev Interface) tool. There's a solid possibility it's either a placeholder or some type of bait (it means something along the lines of "unknown" in Japanese, don't remember exactly what).

Edit: it's "plain"
Edit: Removing my incorrect assumptions about a Japanese word.

Last edited:
Yall before we get all hung up on the codename, Muji means plain or unfigured in Japanese. Hopefully a native speaker can chime in but that kinda sounds like the equivalent of putting an "N/A" or something in the space. A placeholder.

Granted, I expect reddit and youtube to be insisting that's the codename by this weekend but oh well 😅

Tbh I don’t know what to believe beacuse some folks are saying that A78C have same or a bit better ipc like zen2, some are saying is like zen3, unfortunately we don’t have any tests of It

Yall before we get all hung up on the codename, Muji means plain or unfigured in Japanese. Hopefully a native speaker can chime in but that kinda sounds like the equivalent of putting an "N/A" or something in the space. A placeholder.

Granted, I expect reddit and youtube to be insisting that's the codename by this weekend but oh well 😅
I get the impression from older posts on the subject that LiC and oldpuck have corroborated with each other on this, and given that oldpuck has corroborated it with multipe sources I feel like it has to be the actual codename?

good news everyone, a mobile device can handle scenes with 140M triangles thanks to VIRTUALIZED GEOMETRY!

ARM uploaded one of my more anticipated talks, focusing on virtualized geometry on mobile. also known as nanite/mesh shaders

what does this mean? no more poly-starvation! no more poverty geometry like Pokemon! no more middle class geometry like BotW/TotK! we ballin like the 1%!

image.png

"but feet! surely drawing and shading all those triangles brings the system to its knees!"
that's what culling is for

image.png

"ok, but getting to 60fps must take a lot of power"
so energy efficient, it'll make an oil state quake with fear

image.png

the future is bright and full of triangles yall

I would be more excited if Nanite didn’t constantly bring systems to its knees in actual products.

I get the impression from older posts on the subject that LiC and oldpuck have corroborated with each other on this, and given that oldpuck has corroborated it with multipe sources I feel like it has to be the actual codename?
I thought that was
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Does that mean "Muji" is not the codename you (and oldpuck and others) supposedly knew about all those months?
It is. I was just convinced it was named after the store, because I didn't think it was a real word on its own. Turns out that it is. I would still go with the store explanation, though, tbh. It's a very Nintendo thing to do.

Well, as a native Japanese speaker.:rolleyes:
There are few Japanese words in which Muji comes first.
I don't know if Muji was inspired by 無印良品, but in any case, it feels like a “placeholder”.

GPU in the dock maybe, or for separate SKU ??
The MOBA leak did say the dock enhanced performance and the internet ignored it.
If that was really mentioned then it puts the entire validity of that "leak" into question. At this point we would know about an entirely seperate SoC for the dock.

So since the RAM bandwidth is pretty fast, it stands to reason that Nintendo would want the GPU/CPU to be pretty fast too right? So they have to be on the higher end clocks? Otherwise it might seem like a waste to have high bandwidth in the first place if the other components can't utilize it to its fullest.

Thank you.
In portable mode the RAM is going to be downclocked. One argument being made is that Nintendo is using LPDDR5X in part because it’ll be more available in the long term. Orin originally uses LPDDR5, so it’s not like the extra bandwidth is needed to drive the chip. Apple for one included a lot of extra bandwidth with its M1 Max, 400GB/s, even though Anandtech found they could only use about 240GB/s. That’s a huge disparity between capability and usage, and we might see something similar on Switch 2.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
That codename is not the codename for T239. The codename for T239 is Drake.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Well, as a native Japanese speaker.:rolleyes:
There are few Japanese words in which Muji comes first.
I don't know if Muji was inspired by 無印良品, but in any case, it feels like a “placeholder”.
thankyooouu

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom