• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Man i wished Emily Rogers hadn't retired, i wished she wouldve stuck around until the Switch 2 was reveal because we need her knowledge lol, she was spot on NX(Switch 1) and some game releases
Me too.

When she says something, it means it’s inevitable to happen.

I wished she was here right now, last info we knew from her about Switch 2 was that Nintendo wanted to not suffer any supply problems like it happened when Switch 1 was launched.

Last edited:
I don't think anything will happen, I took the hint that got lost a few pages back.

Things might be taken a little too out of context and we're just too excited to see any different. of course all this data looks exciting but I have no idea what I am reading and basically I am running with what other people make of that data. what if it's just wrong?

What did the leak say?

Okay, benefit of the doubt with the wording, "As far as I know" doesn't mean "will". It depends on how much leeway you want to give this leak considering it got basically everything else right.

That being said, this leak has devolved into "I'll believe it when I see it", so let's move swiftly on.

I'd still wait 45 more minutes, but yeah most likely nothing until investors meeting at the earliest
I don't expect anything else, or anything all that major. I'd adore if there was a surprise, especially since Nintendo seems to be dumping the rest of their announcements within a short time, but it is what it is.

The March 2024 dream isn't dead until we get to the end of the month, so here's to hoping.

DeepL translation:

Nintendo

Next-Gen Switch in Development
Works with existing Switch series chips and focuses on improving the console
Same display size but reduced display weight

2nd tweet

Nintendo

Nintendo Superplay (tentative name) coming to Switch
Play with game chips like the Switch
Button structure like the Super Famicom
Keep the original concept of being able to play in and out of the house, but not using poison like the Switch

I guess the Poison part is meant to be the Switch's dock, but then I wonder how you can play on the TV if it ain't got the dock?
Also, how can it be the same display size if we just found out about bigger joycons?

Why do people never post their other tweets from that day, like the one that reveals Tears of The Kingdom DLC will be announced at TGS 2024? Isn't that exciting?

So... Is Fami still thinking a Switch 2 reveal is happening today? Even after the Mario RPG overview trailer?
I think SMRPG's release and marketing has zero impact whatsoever on the reveal of the new system, just like Star Rush didn't affect Nintendo Switch, just like Pokémon didn't affect Nintendo 3DS; and Mario party and Pokémon are both, frankly, a hell of a lot bigger than SMRPG.

I don't think anything will happen, I took the hint that got lost a few pages back.

Things might be taken a little too out of context and we're just too excited to see any different. of course all this data looks exciting but I have no idea what I am reading and basically I am running with what other people make of that data. what if it's just wrong?
Yeah, to make it clear. All it pretty much says is that they are in Test Phase Production as of August.

No indication of how long that lasts (As we don't have the September Data), or how Ramp-up to mass production would be (As OG Switch Data for this sort of thing hasn't been found yet to my knowledge)

You could feel like it could lead to mass production in November/December (Like rumors a while back stated), but no guarantee.

And even if mass production is imminent or heck, already started. There is no guarantee of Nintendo announcing it immediately.

The idea of them announcing it as soon as MP starts is just about as equal in my mind of them announcing it after 3+Mo of Mass Production in February despite that route leading to the opportunity for a crapton of leaks.

While I personally feel that we likely will get a reveal this year if we hit MP this year. That's just my own opinion due to thinking Nintendo wouldn't want to have the console leak out in production and lose control of some of the narrative they want to sell it with (as this is sort of a first for Nintendo, or at least the first direct-upgrade that has Back-Compat seemingly without a major new gimmick since the Game Boy Advanced)

That doesn't mean that it will.

All I say though is that 1H 2024 is looking far more likely as if they are in Test/Trial Production as shipment data seems to indicate, then I doubt Mass Production is >2mo away.

Me after reading through the lunacy of the last dozen pages filled with tweet countdowns, page number shitposts (of which this is one) and buyer uncle nonsense:

81xesqe7UML._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

(pretend this was posted on page 2001)

Last edited:
Although I’m boarding the hype train, I don’t see the purpose of focusing that something will happen because Nintendo “doesn’t have anything else to reveal” for the rest of the year. Really, do they need to? It could be a case of confirmation bias making us look at stuff that just inst there.

Me reading through the lunacy of the last dozen pages filled with tweet countdowns, page number shitposts (of which this is one) and buyer uncle nonsense:

81xesqe7UML._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

(pretend this was posted on page 2001)
I thought this was a Kingdom Hearts Station of Awakening

I was right about the meaning of Winter 2023.

Interesting.

That said, I'm still not convinced the Pokémon leak is inaccurate, because if they were JUST outsourced the next gen work (which seems likely to me), they'd know the expected finish date for their work, details and models of the DLC, and basically nothing else.

So. I dare to have hope, a graphical outsourcing studio has deliverables due early next year.

Is it?

Plans change. all the time. That rumor was so far back that I don't even bat an eye. Not to say I believe it but rumors do have short shelf lives.
The Pokémon leak was clearly from someone who had access to the Pokémon presents/DLC trailer early. They added on the "next gen" stuff for more attention.

I think there could be a mention of next hardware plans in the investor meeting, but I think we will be waiting till March for any real news. Feels like Nintendo wants to get through this fiscal year with Switch as the focus.

Yeah, to make it clear. All it pretty much says is that they are in Test Phase Production as of August.

No indication of how long that lasts (As we don't have the September Data), or how Ramp-up to mass production would be (As OG Switch Data for this sort of thing hasn't been found yet to my knowledge)

You could feel like it could lead to mass production in November/December (Like rumors a while back stated), but no guarantee.

And even if mass production is imminent or heck, already started. There is no guarantee of Nintendo announcing it immediately.

The idea of them announcing it as soon as MP starts is just about as equal in my mind of them announcing it after 3+Mo of Mass Production in February despite that route leading to the opportunity for a crapton of leaks.

While I personally feel that we likely will get a reveal this year if we hit MP this year. That's just my own opinion due to thinking Nintendo wouldn't want to have the console leak out in production and lose control of some of the narrative they want to sell it with (as this is sort of a first for Nintendo, or at least the first direct-upgrade that has Back-Compat seemingly without a major new gimmick since the Game Boy Advanced)

That doesn't mean that it will.

All I say though is that 1H 2024 is looking far more likely as if they are in Test/Trial Production as shipment data seems to indicate, then I doubt Mass Production is >2mo away.
Monday will be the day we know if anything is happening, Nintendo will want to ease investors if they are planning on announcing the system in the near future. The next earnings meeting would be in February and there’s no way they will wait until then to make investors aware if it’s launching in March.

If we don’t end up hearing anything on Monday I don’t think it’s a complete 0% chance we aren’t getting anything in March but it definitely lowers it down a significant amount.

create another thread to serve as a hype thread and keep this one readable

now there are two unreadable hype threads

So are there any announcements left that we were waiting on? Or is it pretty much an empty slate outside Wario's release at this point.
Wario and SMRPG releases to come, but no, no announcements. Even F-Zero 99 has wrapped.

That said, to repeat, WW and SMRPG are NOT major releases. It's a mini(micro)game collection and a re(make)release of a SNES game. These are not games that will have large impacts, especially not on, of all things, Nintendo's plans to market a new device.

So are there any announcements left that we were waiting on? Or is it pretty much an empty slate outside Wario's release at this point.
I did some accumulating and here's what lacks release dates right now:
  • TTYD Remake (scheduled 2024)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 Remake (Q2/Q3)
  • Splatoon 3 DLC Wave 2 (Spring 2024 afaik)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (When the Sun Explodes)

... and that's it. Everything else got release dates. We're literally waiting on any other information to appear at this point.

I did some accumulating and here's what lacks release dates right now:
  • TTYD Remake (scheduled 2024)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 Remake (Q2/Q3)
  • Splatoon 3 DLC Wave 2 (Spring 2024 afaik)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (When the Sun Explodes)

... and that's it. Everything else got release dates. We're literally waiting on any other information to appear at this point.
There's no shot that these are getting updates before the end of the year - those are prime Nintendo Direct material. Besides a potential Switch 2 reveal and NSO updates, we aren't going to be getting much news in the next couple of months. It's going to feel awfully quiet if we don't hear anything about the NG Switch before 2024.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom