• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Honestly, this time I have a bit of hope for the announcement. I won't say that next week is a safe bet, but I'm close to 50/50, which is the most confident I've ever been regarding the Switch 2 reveal.

Between the OLED private video, the amiibo restocks, the recent findings about possible mass producion (which was a great job on your part, guys!), the investors meeting and the Pokemon leak which as of today hasn't been proven wrong...I think this time there are hints that go way beyond wishful thinking.

Again, anything can happen and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if next week is just the usual investors meeting with some interesting numbers. But hey, let's enjoy the ride with hope!
We hope for the best. Keep the hype trail a-rollin'!

Switch (2)001: A Mario Odyssey

Honestly, this time I have a bit of hope for the announcement. I won't say that next week is a safe bet, but I'm close to 50/50, which is the most confident I've ever been regarding the Switch 2 reveal.

Between the OLED private video, the amiibo restocks, the recent findings about possible mass producion (which was a great job on your part, guys!), the investors meeting and the Pokemon leak which as of today hasn't been proven wrong...I think this time there are hints that go way beyond wishful thinking.

Again, anything can happen and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if next week is just the usual investors meeting with some interesting numbers. But hey, let's enjoy the ride with hope!
I feel like the most we’re getting next week is an announcement of intentions to release new hardware within the next fiscal year.

Idk why you're using AI to translate, google translate does a better job.
Not always imo, I prefer DeepL over Google Translate. But then again, when I use Google Translate directly in tweets, I translates to my native language Dutch, and doesn't always do a good job. But relax.

One thing to keep in mind is ... IF they talk about ReDraketed in any way next week, it could (and maybe will) lead to outlets being more willing to share new stuff.

A "Oh well, Nintendo officially acknowledged it, might as well publish something!" thing.

Note to self: carry on my plans rebranding as a Heroes 2-3-4 cover channel :p. The amount of views on this is kind of unbelievable.

(Not a whole lot of overlap between Zelda and Heroes though I'm afraid xD).

4?

Ewww.

Last edited:
The last 20 pages have been unreadable, I know reset the clock hype posting is fun but only when we know for sure something is happening soon. For all we know the reveal could be in March, we can't possibly destroy this thread for that long with that kind of energy. Like we just had a spin off thread because software talk was too overbearing for this thread, only for it to devolve to hype posting based on vibes? ...

Agreed. I'm hardly completely convinced, but it's reached "several simultaneous coincidences" level if nothing happens.

The last 20 pages have been unreadable, I know reset the clock hype posting is fun but only when we know for sure something is happening soon. For all we know the reveal could be in March, we can't possibly destroy this thread for that long with that kind of energy. Like we just had a spin off thread because software talk was too overbearing for this thread, only for it to devolve to hype posting based on vibes? ...
I agree. Some posts once in a while doing some fun are fine, but basically the last 20+ pages were about nothing, making valuable information and discoveries harder to see and be discussed and making old time posters feel the need to distance themselves because they can't discuss anything among the noise.

As Charamiwa said, the thread was divided to exclude this type of talk out of the hardware thread. I fear we'll once again need moderators actions to keep the thread in place.

Come to think about it.. Are we sure we be getting a possible reveal soon?

I mean, This week has had the Wave 6 Mario Kart trailer, aswell as an overview trailer of Mario RPG, next week is the investors meeting, the week after is Mario RPG's release, aswell as a possible Splatoon 3 Chill Season trailer. The week after that is the week of Black Friday. I mean, wouldn't it be a bad idea if they drop a reveal of the system next week, knowing that it could hurt the potential black friday sales for the holiday? Sure, I want that reveal as bad as the poster below me, but with all these things in November, it makes me quite to think about this potential reveal. I would be happily wrong tho.

I mean, This week has had the Wave 6 Mario Kart trailer, aswell as an overview trailer of Mario RPG, next week is the investors meeting, the week after is Mario RPG's release, aswell as a possible Splatoon 3 Chill Season trailer. The week after that is the week of Black Friday. I mean, wouldn't it be a bad idea if they drop a reveal of the system next week, knowing that it could hurt the potential black friday sales for the holiday? Sure, I want that reveal as bad as the poster below me, but with all these things in November, it makes me quite to think about this potential reveal. I would be happily wrong tho.
Especially when they’re about to start selling the MK8D OLED bundle for Black Friday.

Intentions to release hardware within the next fiscal year is one thing, but straight-up showing the system probably isn’t happening until around March.

Fami you said the Switch 2 reveal was soon yesterday I wake up we hit page 2000 and still no reveal. Did you guys lie to me?

in-theyear2000-sing.gif
To this day if someone says anything with 2000 in it I'll sing this bit in my best falsetto.

Especially when they’re about to start selling the MK8D OLED bundle for Black Friday.

Intentions to release hardware within the next fiscal year is one thing, but straight-up showing the system probably isn’t happening until around March.
Nah, March would be bit late. I think January would be a nice New Years gift from them :p
By then, the holidays are over, and looking at how Nintendo holds their reveal-release schedule within 9 month's, I think it's safe to assume January could be the reveal and thus 9 month's later in September the release. That's my logic behind it :p

Well, it all depends on the start of mass production. If the info LiC and LuigiBlood dug up is solid and mass production is about to start anytime soon, then it's likely that Nintendo wants to control the narrative and at least officially announce it.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean they reveal/show it. Announcement and reveal/showing can be seperate things.

Mass production starting soon would also mean it's definitely a H1 release and not a H2. You don't start production a year off.

Personal gut feeling is PR announcement in November, Reveal Jan or March 2024 and release May or June 2024.

My two cents: I thought it was either today or last week of November, when the release calendar becomes near-empty.

It's not today, and I don't hold much hope for next week with WarioWare, or the start of the one after that with Mario RPG.

Yeah I’m gonna be honest, I don’t realistically think it’s coming this week or next week. It’s something I’ve been feeling throughout this conversation but I’ve been trying to ignore. It’d be wonderful to see it that quickly, but honestly I don’t think it’s time yet. It’s just a feeling; I don’t have any evidence to back it up. I guess you could say I’m “hoping” for it but I’m not “expecting” it.

If there were some stuff from insiders then I would put more expectation into it, but that’s just not the case. Before you say “well, switchum, you know that most insiders won’t know about the reveal until incredibly close?” …I get that. But it would still help this feeling that we shouldn’t expect much over the next week.

I would love - and I mean LOVE - to be proven wrong.

Well, it all depends on the start of mass production. If the info LiC and LuigiBlood dug up is solid and mass production is about to start anytime soon, then it's likely that Nintendo wants to control the narrative and at least officially announce it.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean they reveal/show it. Announcement and reveal/showing can be seperate things.

Mass production starting soon would also mean it's definitely a H1 release and not a H2. You don't start production a year off.

Personal gut feeling is PR announcement in November, Reveal Jan or March 2024 and release May or June 2024.
So if I understand you correctly, Nintendo could just say: Hello, we are planning on releasing the next system of hardware in 2024.

But then show it to the public in January? I mean, if mass production is indeed starting soon, then yeah, May and June could fit the kinda 9 month procedure. Even July could be on the table.

As for me, I'm not leaning on either sides, I just wait for whats to happen. Be it H1 or H2, I probably gonna buy anyway.

Past launch for Lite and OLED were shadow drop, media coverage and ads worked perfectly here. They can absolutely do the same with the most anticipated new gen console of the moment especially if it launch early 2024 they got more than enough time for marketing

My two cents: I thought it was either today or last week of November, when the release calendar becomes near-empty.

It's not today, and I don't hold much hope for next week with WarioWare, or the start of the one after that with Mario RPG.
Wario Ware is tomorrow.

I'm just thrilled I wiped out a page entirely because I posted a Nintendo stock chart.
It was interesting to know about, especially since it confirmed (to me at least) that shareholders are in a similar boat to us.

Might differ from person to person, but I think it's interesting to learn what people who invest into companies think when certain events are on the horizon.

Past launch for Lite and OLED were shadow drop, media coverage and ads worked perfectly here. They can absolutely do the same with the most anticipated new gen console of the moment especially if it launch early 2024 they got more than enough time for marketing
A revision and a new generation are not comparable from a marketing perspective. It's like expecting for the PS6 the same treatment as the PS5 Slim.

A shadowdrop of a new console is pretty unlikely. They didn't even shadowdropped the final trailer of Tears of the Kingdom. A heads up some hours or days before is the minimum we should expect.

So if I understand you correctly, Nintendo could just say: Hello, we are planning on releasing the next system of hardware in 2024.

But then show it to the public in January? I mean, if mass production is indeed starting soon, then yeah, May and June could fit the kinda 9 month procedure. Even July could be on the table.

As for me, I'm not leaning on either sides, I just wait for whats to happen. Be it H1 or H2, I probably gonna buy anyway.

Pretty much. Thing is with mass production, it means that from that moment on, a looooot of people have their hands on and in the various parts of it.

Leaks are inevitable at that point.

So instead of having "Nintendo launching a new console soon as production leaks show" reports, they would (ideally) at least publicly acknowledge and announce that the next system's coming.

A revision and a new generation are not comparable from a marketing perspective. It's like expecting for the PS6 the same treatment as the PS5 Slim.

A shadowdrop of a new console is pretty unlikely. They didn't even shadowdropped the final trailer of Tears of the Kingdom. A heads up some hours or days before is the minimum we should expect.
Think so too

It was interesting to know about, especially since it confirmed (to me at least) that shareholders are in a similar boat to us.

Might differ from person to person, but I think it's interesting to learn what people who invest into companies think when certain events are on the horizon.

As a shareholder:

simpsons-taxes.gif

As a fan:

42ae61533b2a8c23b36e14e85a4aeb82.gif

I honestly think when the announcement moment arrives, we’ll hear something beforehand like it happened with the original switch and the other models. Until that happens, I won’t be hyped for a potential immiment reveal. The lead up to this console has had so many leaks I refuse to believe they’ll be able to shadow drop a trailer without it leaking in some way (be it just a hint and a date, nothing more).

Nintendo will wait a year after mass production because VGC and the blogs said so. It has to be H2 2024.

Nintendo will wait a year after mass production because VGC and the blogs said so. It has to be H2 2024.
Nintendo is not gonna listen to what journalists and bloggers say. They do things at their own pace. If they want to start mass production this month to get ready for an H1 2024 launch, they will do it.

Probably known?

The "PH046" string is showing some MOLDs results since january (earliest?) of HGU1000.

Edit: It was probably known, but just in case since the HGU1000 search only shows the last 10 results and they are all from August.

Yeah, she and Laura Kate Dale were our savours leading up to the Switch reveal; whatever happened to LKD?

Edit: I looked them up, and they are still very active on Twitter (X), I wonder if they have heard anything?
LKD was pilloried by folks online during and after the lead-up to announcement for having the audacity to only be about 90% accurate or some such and has been adamant that she's not getting back on the leaker train for several years now (source: Podquisition).
I agree. Some posts once in a while doing some fun are fine, but basically the last 20+ pages were about nothing, making valuable information and discoveries harder to see and be discussed and making old time posters feel the need to distance themselves because they can't discuss anything among the noise.

As Charamiwa said, the thread was divided to exclude this type of talk out of the hardware thread. I fear we'll once again need moderators actions to keep the thread in place.
Yeah, about 80-90% of the posts on page 2000 are a precise explanation of WHY it already hit page 2000. This whole thread is WAY more chaff than wheat, more often than not.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom