• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Literally a few days ago:

And late July:

Unless you believe they got the kits like July 30 in which this report was done in less then 12 hours, they’ve already had the kits for a while now.

My thinking was that the system was leaking because some people were hearing about it for the first time. We barely heard anything before Gamescom in comparison to after. I don’t believe we’re yet in a position where everyone has kits but have no way of confirming that.

Edit - Your own quote says ‘some’ key partners. Hence what I’m saying could be accurate which was that some developers might have seen Switch 2 for the first time at Gamescom and got kits after.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever think it was likely to be higher than 102GB/s?
A couple of us think lpddr5x at higher clocks is/was possible, but not the most probable outcome. At 8533 MB/s, or something in between that and 6400 Mb/s, which @Dakhil thinks in between is more likely than the 8533 MB/s. I don't think anyone is expecting 133GB/s. We're expecting 102 GB/s. Even if we do get LPDDR5x, it could just end up being used for power draw savings. But man would it be a darn shame...

Was the Matrix Awakens demo also running docked?
Probably. Maybe. 720p in handheld. Believe.
So if Nate has heard conflicting reports on the RAM, and "8" is not a number he's heard mentioned at all in this context.....does that mean the mixed reports on RAM are actually between 12 GB and 16 GB?
Yes. You better believe we're getting 12GB of RAM (2x6) for gaming, and a separate 2GB RAM module for the OS to troll the hell out of MS and their Series S, along with a 12-core count of A78E from the AGX Orion at 2GHz each
Seriously joking of course

I like the idea of CryZen stuff but I don't think it's a good look for ocarina of time. If they redid the 3DS version with high quality assets and ray traced lighting it would be great
Fair enough. Give it the XBDE treatment. Replace the character models, have high quality textures, lighting, shadows and RT, and I would be fine with that.
Wow, 1600 pages, wild to think that we have another 500 before the system actually comes out.
The crazy thing is.. When we reached the 400th page, we were on 30 July 2022 (thread started in October 1st 2021)
In comparison, When we reached the 1200th page, it was June 21st 2023. 400 pages in less than 3 months is insane. At this rate, we could hit 2000 by 2024.

How many pages can this thread go? Maybe we'll get Switch 2 at 2500 XD

Last edited:
I agree.

They are showcasing what this new Switch model is intended to do…play Switch games with modern graphics IQ similar to current consoles with 60fps performance.

If there is some kind of “gameplay gimmick” it’s going to be a niche thing Nintendo (think 1-2 Switch) will dabble with, not change their whole game design towards a like they do their successor consoles.

If this had some gen breaking successor gameplay gimmick like designing for a motion controller Wii mote or designing for an asymmetric gamepad thingy, 3rd party devs would know about it by now.

There is no reason to NOT announce it out of the blue like that. It’s still going to be a Switch that plays Switch games. It’s going to be a premium option.

They can easily reveal it 1-4 months before release.

Right. And if that’s the case, it’s a side gimmick, not one that the console is all about.

Which means this new model is mostly designed to do exactly what it appears to be doing. Using an updated SoC to render a game that the Lite/OLeD would render, and then with DLSS be able to make it a 4K looking game with enough power left over to have solid 60fps performance with graphical IQ comparative to modern graphic techniques.

Which is exactly what they have been showing off with this new model.

The fact that the OLED with a Tx1+ SoC inside selling extremely well at $350 is what implies this new model launching at a price higher than $399.

This is based on the Orin chip which is 3rd gen tensor cores. No reason to think they would change that, so no reason to expect frame generation to function on it.

In my view, it’s going to be the next generation Switch just like the Playstation 5 is the next generation Playstation.

This is a brand new system which will have cost a lot of money to develop and Nintendo will want to sell as many units as they did with the original Switch. It won’t just be a premium option for those that want their games to look or run better.

We’ll see some cross generation games just like always, and maybe for a longer period (as with PS5), but we’ll also see a lot of games which weren’t possible or viable on Switch 1 exclusive to Switch 2.

Nintendo themselves will have exclusive Switch 2 games early on and these games will demonstrate a large technological leap over games from the prior generation.

I also believe the success of Switch 1 will mean that Switch 2 has much stronger third party support out of the gate and we will see some big guns near launch.

Why would they re-release the worst 3D Zelda game? It's already in 720p30 on NSO N64 anyway.

I kid, it's definitely my second least favourite, because nothing can be worse than Skyward Sword.
Showcase OOT in actual HD and show off ray tracing!The 3DS version was a large improvement graphically over the 64 version. I wonder how they will treat this.. Will they upscale the 3DS version like Skyward Sword (would be a huge disservice) , give it the XB DE treatment, do an MP Remastered treatment, or an actual remake?

Something like this would satisfy me. XBDE treatment, minus the character models being reworked. 3DS Polygons are the same, but textures are reworked to be HD, as well as improved lighting, and 4k resolution of course. 1080p 60fps on Switch and 4k 60fps with ray tracing (with DLSS.. or 1440p 60fps) on Switch 2 would be neat.

CHeck out this ray tracing version.. It's just RT on 64 graphics. Very rudimentary.

Here's an all-out fanmade one that could be a good remake.. and quite honestly.. one of the best zelda games probably should just get a full remake. (though XBDe or MPR treatment would be alright by me in the worst case scenario).

Bonus DE Prologue with Ganondorf as a shop keeper with music! [/ISPOILER]

Last edited:
If Nintendo is smart they’ll have Ocarina of Time remade to be 4K60

It would be huge.

Ocarina is one of the most legendary and highly rated games of all time and it would draw a huge amount of attention.

I’d love to see a ‘remake’ in the style of the Crash or Spyro releases where it’s basically the same game but the graphics are basically the level of the new hardware.

Showcase OOT in actual HD and show off ray tracing!The 3DS version was a large improvement graphically over the 64 version. I wonder how they will treat this.. Will they upscale the 3DS version like Skyward Sword (would be a huge disservice) , give it the XB DE treatment, do an MP Remastered treatment, or an actual remake?

Something like this would satisfy me. XBDE treatment, minus the character models being reworked. 3DS Polygons are the same, but textures are reworked to be HD, as well as improved lighting, and 4k resolution of course. 1080p 60fps on Switch and 4k 60fps with ray tracing (with DLSS.. or 1440p 60fps) on Switch 2 would be neat.

CHeck out this ray tracing version.. It's just RT on 64 graphics. Very rudimentary.

Here's an all-out fanmade one that could be a good remake.. and quite honestly.. one of the best zelda games probably should just get a full remake. (though XBDe or MPR treatment would be alright by me in the worst case scenario).

Bonus DE shop with music and shopkeeper
Bonus DE Prologue with Ganondorf as a shop keeper with music!

It looks like a soulless UE game.

It would be huge.

Ocarina is one of the most legendary and highly rated games of all time and it would draw a huge amount of attention.

I’d love to see a ‘remake’ in the style of the Crash or Spyro releases where it’s basically the same game but the graphics are basically the level of the new hardware.
Ocarina of Time remade into a smaller-scale and gated Breath of the Wild world would probably be the greatest 'real' Zelda experience ever, even if it's unlikely to ever happen, but they will need new Zelda in some form by 2025 to keep its momentum going and bridge the gap between now and a probable 2028 release

I'm gonna say it. All these UE4 and 5 tech demos of OoT do not look good. This stuff is only a peg or two above dropping Mario in a hyper realistic forest. People forget what stylized graphics are when raytracing is introduced and it all just looks like a bright golden mess. If you want a game to show off raytracing, BotW and TotK are right there with real time lighting that can be improved. The lighting changes every second as the day progresses, this is perfect for raytracing. OoT would look much better given the Prime 1 Remastered treatment I think. Intricately and faithfully redesigned locations with baked in lighting that, for the most part, doesn't need to change. Maybe they could get away with Hyrule Field using raytracing for all the lighting, but it really is not needed in a lot of locations and shouldn't be used just to use it. Throwing raytracing at a game for the sake of it being next gen never made any sense to me.

I don't think he said August. He most recently said he was expecting some kind of announcement this year, "end of summer, basically." The Gamescom/closed-door stuff was always a separate thread to that.

I see. Could be right. I assumed they were one in the same. Very happy to be proven wrong

I'm gonna say it. All these UE4 and 5 tech demos of OoT do not look good. This stuff is only a peg or two above dropping Mario in a hyper realistic forest. People forget what stylized graphics are when raytracing is introduced and it all just looks like a bright golden mess. If you want a game to show off raytracing, BotW and TotK are right there with real time lighting that can be improved. The lighting changes every second as the day progresses, this is perfect for raytracing. OoT would look much better given the Prime 1 Remastered treatment I think. Intricately and faithfully redesigned locations with baked in lighting that, for the most part, doesn't need to change. Maybe they could get away with Hyrule Field using raytracing for all the lighting, but it really is not needed in a lot of locations and shouldn't be used just to use it. Throwing raytracing at a game for the sake of it being next gen never made any sense to me.
They just lack that Nintendo charm that we all love you know?

I have a question that hopefully someone with more technical knowledge may be able to answer.

If Nintendo were to turn something like that BotW demo into a patch, how could the loading times be eliminated with physical copies? I would think that the old read speeds of the current cartridge format would limit how fast the game could load, but I'm not entirely sure. Would the game have to be installed onto internal memory for this to work?

You could definitely do Ocarina of Time HD in a faithful way, I don't think UE5 is the way to do it but an engine that could take the art style from the 3DS version and bring it to modern hardware would be perfect.

1600px-SSBU-Gerudo_Valley.png

The Smash stage is a good indicator of it. Just do this but up it to Switch 2 specs and your golden.

demanding games such as the next 3D Mario/Bayonetta will be unable to run at 60fps, Bayonetta 3 has trouble trying to run at 60fps on Switch

With all due respect, this statement makes no sense, as literally every hardware can be put to knees if the workload is too heavy.

It's a purely software issue... but also depends on money! i.e. you can definitely expect a 3D Mario game to be granted WAY more time to polish its code, a luxury which I don't usually expect a Bayonetta game to be able to enjoy.

For God's sake, Gamecube wasn't the last powerful hardware from Nintendo. It was Switch. It was a powerful mobile hardware which left a lot of people impressed. At times the talk about Switch power feels like revisionism.

This obviously happens because most people compare Nintendo's hardware to the Sony and Microsoft direct (?) counterparts. Now, this somewhat made sense until the WiiU, but I'd argue that with the Switch being an hybrid device, we're definitely in the apples to oranges field if you ask me. I mean in a way I can almost understand why those comparisons exist, but the engineering/design constraints between the Switch and a PS4/5 or an XB1/Series S/X are so vastly different that they make the whole discussion pointless IMHO.

Looongtime (years) lurker here:

I'm super excited after hearing Nate's podcast yesterday. A few months ago I was at 720p 7 inch screen camp because I agreed that the OLED size and resolution was ok for me. But now that we're hearing about that Matrix demo that, even if it doesn't really run like the PS5 version, should be a looker on portable mode, I'm very happy with the possibility of having a 8 inch 1080p screen. All that detail and advanced graphics are going to truly feel next gen almost like the Switch did in 2017. In 2017 I remember my feeling with BOTW in portable mode was "how is this possible?", and this would be it again with a little less of surprise factor. Docked mode will always be compared negatively with current gen consoles, but portable mode is where the Switch truly shines.

And then, one day we'll have that sweet 8 inch OLED 1080p screen with these crazy beautiful graphics and I'll die happy playing Xenoblade 4 on it.

The March date has to be for either a full presentation where developers have the opportunity to showcase their games or the launch of the system. Sharing with developers at Gamescom the timing of the reveal/teaser of the system wouldn't have any purpose.

In my opinion, Nintendo effectively outsmarted Sony & Microsoft by choosing to work with Nvidia instead of AMD.

Sony & Microsoft have chosen a path that delivers great graphics through brute force. They have invested a lot in powerful hardware. This comes at a cost to the customer as the hardware is expensive to produce. Furthermore, recent generations have shown us that if you want to get the most out of the home console experience you will be looking at upgrading to a “pro” version somewhere down the line. You are easily looking at 1000$ during one generation.

Nintendo on the other hand has chosen to leverage the power of AI to maximise the graphical output. A software-based approach. Less horsepower is required to produce graphics that could be similar to current the current generation, meaning Nintendo can offer a console at a more affordable price. Furthermore, unlike the hardware you can upgrade the software, potentially opening the door to better graphics down the line by just updating the switch NG. Not saying this will be plausible during this generation but I do see it as a potential model for revenue if in future you could offer jumps in performance that are big enough to justify the purchase.

All of that being said, I am surprised to see the likes of Steam Deck, ROG Ally, and Legion GO, working with AMD instead of Nvidia. For the very same reasons as above I believe Nintendo also has the edge on them. Are there contractual reasons? Someone more knowledgeable than me probably knows the answer.

It would be huge.

As someone who never completed OoT, I'd really, really love that.

I'm still leaning March being either more of a reveal/unveiling than a release windows right now but seems like all bets are off.

I guess a potential timeline could be the following : late December teaser/trailer similar to how the Switch was revealed (oct 20th 2016) followed by a March conference/showcase where Nintendo gives a lot more details regarding the hardware and the software lineup (January 13th 2017).

Following this Nintendo would start distributing even more devkits to developers who weren't parts to behind the scenes meetings and then in May/June the console launches (March 3rd 2017) so Nintendo can somewhat build up more stocks after the initial wave of purchases.

Otherwise maybe it'll be trailer/teaser in march followed by a conference in may/june and then release in September ? (slightly less condensed).

In my opinion, Nintendo effectively outsmarted Sony & Microsoft by choosing to work with Nvidia instead of AMD.

Sony & Microsoft have chosen a path that delivers great graphics through brute force. They have invested a lot in powerful hardware. This comes at a cost to the customer as the hardware is expensive to produce. Furthermore, recent generations have shown us that if you want to get the most out of the home console experience you will be looking at upgrading to a “pro” version somewhere down the line. You are easily looking at 1000$ during one generation.

Nintendo on the other hand has chosen to leverage the power of AI to maximise the graphical output. A software-based approach. Less horsepower is required to produce graphics that could be similar to current the current generation, meaning Nintendo can offer a console at a more affordable price. Furthermore, unlike the hardware you can upgrade the software, potentially opening the door to better graphics down the line by just updating the switch NG. Not saying this will be plausible during this generation but I do see it as a potential model for revenue if in future you could offer jumps in performance that are big enough to justify the purchase.

All of that being said, I am surprised to see the likes of Steam Deck, ROG Ally, and Legion GO, working with AMD instead of Nvidia. For the very same reasons as above I believe Nintendo also has the edge on them. Are there contractual reasons? Someone more knowledgeable than me probably knows the answer.

Because AMD is way ahead in the console and handheld market, it shouldnt be forgotten that AMD also produces CPUs and therefore APUs.

Nvidia tech is promising and probably thanks to this collaboration with Nintendo we will start to see Nvidia chips paired with DLSS in the handheld market in a couple of years.

No-one has outsmarted anyone, both paths are viable and the PS5/Series X Hardware hardware is great.
The difference in price between PS5 and Switch 2 will likely be 50 or 0 (depending on when the leaked slim arrives).
There's also not a big difference between a "pro" model and an upgraded revision like OLED Switch, no-one is forced to buy each model at all and with all manufacturers, It'll cost a packet if you do, it's your choice.

I am fundamentally opposed. Who wants to pay for OOT again? Unless its a reimagining of some sorts. We already have the Nintendo Online version, it should satisfy most peoples nostalgia.
As Metroid Prime demonstrates, remakes can be hugely enjoyable and worthwhile.

I am fundamentally opposed. Who wants to pay for OOT again? Unless its a reimagining of some sorts. We already have the Nintendo Online version, it should satisfy most peoples nostalgia.

Who wants to pay for Crash or Spyro again with next gen graphics?

Why don't you keep playing the old versions and let the rest enjoy their remake?

It does make sense if Nintendo wants to continue to make open world style Zelda games in the future that they remake an older 3D title for the more old school Zelda fans to enjoy.

Gosh, the console war is real. Sonyfans e Xboxfans are going insane.
There's just a lot of spitefulness among some online gaming circles that value home console hardware power above all else, as they're unable to make peace with the reality of Nintendo's routine quality software output and can't reconcile the wild success of a PS3-like device still having universally acclaimed, multi-million-selling and award-winning titles release as we approach the mid-2020s with the seeming lack of interest in the current gen's cutting edge

Important to note this is confined to a small number of online forums and only ever propagated by very small groups of people, in reality no reasonable person gives a fuck and I feel sorry for anyone so incapable of enjoying what their own console has to offer that they spend less time using it and more time seething about whichever other company is getting up to

Granted, despite loving the Zelda series, I'm one of the 8 people in the universe who couldn't care less about OoT, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm opposed to it. OoT has a huge fanbase and if it can make them happy, that's always a really good thing! And lately I've seen quite a lot of people on Twitch playing the game for the first time and absolutely loving it, so clearly there's something special with this one that works really well still :)

However I'd rather have a remake of a Zelda game that hasn't been continuously rereleased/remade/made available on pretty much everything Nintendo since its release. I'd prefer a full-on remake of any of the first 3 Zelda, but clearly it wouldn't be as hypeable for a new console ^^'

Speaking of old games, I'm interested in how Nightdive will tackle games going forward now that all the systems support RT. They already add lights to their remakes/remasters, so they can take things to the next level without completely altering the look if the games

So after what we heard, I think there won’t be problems with Third Party AAA Next Gen ports for Switch 2

lol of course there will be.

They will just have to be more creative with their excuses.

In my view, it’s going to be the next generation Switch just like the Playstation 5 is the next generation Playstation.

This is a brand new system which will have cost a lot of money to develop and Nintendo will want to sell as many units as they did with the original Switch. It won’t just be a premium option for those that want their games to look or run better.

We’ll see some cross generation games just like always, and maybe for a longer period (as with PS5), but we’ll also see a lot of games which weren’t possible or viable on Switch 1 exclusive to Switch 2.

Nintendo themselves will have exclusive Switch 2 games early on and these games will demonstrate a large technological leap over games from the prior generation.

I also believe the success of Switch 1 will mean that Switch 2 has much stronger third party support out of the gate and we will see some big guns near launch.

Hey, I know you, and others, really expect Nintendo to treat this new hardware exactly like Sony treats the ps5, but I’ve been around long enough to know that the smart money is not expecting Nintendo to follow the same path as Sony/Microsoft. They don’t have the same motivations or goals. At all. (Also, I’ve read everything about Nintendo’s new paradigm shift in this NX era concerning hardware/software development being reduced to one target instead of multiples, and wanting Switch to be a platform that evolves, not be definitive. They don’t want to keep starting over from scratch with each new hardware and split development focus)

I have no idea why “big and epic and huge and amazing” Nintendo game design you have in your head that will launch on the new hardware ONLY in 2024/2025 but can’t possibly run on the OLED…but I’m willing to bet you it doesn’t exist.

ToTK proves Switch hardware isn’t holding back gameplay or grand designs or huge worlds. What the new hardware will do, is fix what they can’t do with current Switches. Get optimal performance and modern graphical features and IQ.

MP4, whenever it releases, will run on the Lite. So will every big Nintendo release before MP4.

Because…why wouldn’t they release on all devices?

Much of the current Switch userbase really doesn’t care about spending $500 to play Nintendo games that sort of look and run better in their eyes. I know it’s hard to believe that in an enthusiasts forum, but it’s true! And you better believe Nintendo thinks this is true too.

Last edited:
It is quite amazing that all of these performance specs and technologies will be running on a tablet battery (supposedly).

breakingbad-science.gif

Yes, except for console exclusive deals (as always)

Big 3rd partners and AAA games "impossible" for the actual hardware is in the works for this new system (both ports and new releases)
Will them launch day & date with the console release? — I don't know yet (but the possibility remains)

I need portable Elden Ring so bad. I need to be able to die to Malenia on the toilet.

Literally a few days ago:

And late July:

Unless you believe they got the kits like July 30 in which this report was done in less then 12 hours, they’ve already had the kits for a while now.

Gut feeling: Key partners like SQEX have had devkits long enough that Horii could horribly break NDA not giving a shit and talk about how good DQ XII runs on it.

Sorry, i was busy yesterday with family and friends on my birthday.. What happened for the sudden jump in pages XD?

Can anyone catch me up? 🤭

lol of course there will be.

They will just have to be more creative with their excuses.

Hey, I know you, and others, really expect Nintendo to treat this new hardware exactly like Sony treats the ps5, but I’ve been around long enough to know that the smart money is not expecting Nintendo to follow the same path as Sony/Microsoft. They don’t have the same motivations or goals. At all. (Also, I’ve read everything about Nintendo’s new paradigm shift in this NX era concerning hardware/software development being reduced to one target instead of multiples, and wanting Switch to be a platform that evolves, not be definitive. They don’t want to keep starting over from scratch with each new hardware and split development focus)

I have no idea why “big and epic and huge and amazing” Nintendo game design you have in your head that will launch on the new hardware ONLY in 2024/2025 but can’t possibly run on the OLED…but I’m willing to bet you it doesn’t exist.

ToTK proves Switch hardware isn’t holding back gameplay or grand designs or huge worlds. What the new hardware will do, is fix what they can’t do with current Switches. Get optimal performance and modern graphical features and IQ.

MP4, whenever it releases, will run on the Lite. So will every big Nintendo release before MP4.

Because…why wouldn’t they release on all devices?

Much of the current Switch userbase really doesn’t care about spending $500 to play Nintendo games that sort of look and run better in their eyes. I know it’s hard to believe that in an enthusiasts forum, but it’s true! And you better believe Nintendo thinks this is true too.

I guess we’ll find out in the coming months.

I’ll definitely be interested in your view if what I say comes to fruition.

I'm reading a lot about Digital Foundry being optimistic, but I don't know, I interpreted their words quite the opposite!
(well Rich's words at least, not John's).

Rich would hardly entertain the idea that the reports are accurate. First saying that the demo might be downgraded to a similar degree that Witcher 3 on Switch was, which in my opinion is not consistent with the reports, unless developers were only shown the Matrix demo running on a small screen to simulate portable mode AND were shown it from far away, in which case devs could have mistaken the graphics for looking better than they were (as I think Rich suggests was the case).

Then he goes on to say the PS3 was half as powerful as the target Sony showed off?? Am I remembering his words correctly? That's not good if also true for Switch 2! I have no clue the event he's referencing about the PS3, was that for devs or consumers? Could he be right, and something similar could happen for NG?
From everything I've read over pages and pages of this thread, it seems to me that most believe it's too late for such a large spec change, in which case, why did Rich say that? Is he making a big mistake or what?

I don't know but either Rich is right, and the situation could be way worse than expected, or Rich loses a bit of credibility after those comments, at least in my eyes.
I don't think Witcher 3 on Switch was playable in docked mode, the blur was just toooo much. And if he's right that history could repeat and Nintendo is overestimating themselves like Sony did, then that's just as bad. So is he right that these are possible?

Edit: I fully expect that the Matrix demo was downgraded compared to the PS5 version, but "comparable" doesn't mean identical, and Rich seems to be combatting the concept that they were even comparable. At least that's how I interpreted his words, especially when he brings up the PS3 thing as well.

Last edited:
I'm reading a lot about Digital Foundry being optimistic, but I don't know, I interpreted their words quite the opposite!
(well Rich's words at least, not John's).

Rich would hardly entertain the idea that the reports are accurate. First saying that the demo might be downgraded to a similar degree that Witcher 3 on Switch was, which in my opinion is not consistent with the reports, unless developers were only shown the Matrix demo running on a small screen to simulate portable mode AND were shown it from far away, in which case devs could have mistaken the graphics for looking better than they were (as I think Rich suggests was the case).

Then he goes on to say the PS3 was half as powerful as the target Sony showed off?? Am I remembering his words correctly? That's not good if also true for Switch 2! I have no clue the event he's referencing about the PS3, was that for devs or consumers? Could he be right, and something similar could happen for NG?
From everything I've read over pages and pages of this thread, it seems to me that most believe it's too late for such a large spec change, in which case, why did Rich say that? Is he making a big mistake or what?

I don't know but either Rich is right, and the situation could be way worse than expected, or Rich loses a bit of credibility after those comments, at least in my eyes.
I don't think Witcher 3 on Switch was playable in docked mode, the blur was just toooo much. And if he's right that history could repeat and Nintendo is overestimating themselves like Sony did, then that's just as bad. So is he right that these are possible?

I mean, DLSS basically is the solution for the "Big stationary console port being blurry" problem.

Yes that happened. It was an extreme situation that is not going to be repeated here

Guys, I genuinely think this could be my dream console.

Nintendo games with at least PS4 graphics and offering better resolutions and frame rates along with the all important (to me) handheld play when needed.

I’m even wondering if I will even need to buy a PS5 since I think there’s a big chance games like Street Fighter 6 and Resident Evil 9 will actually come to this thing.

I can even see EA Sports FC being very close to the Series/PS5 version in terms of gameplay and visuals. It’s not a highly demanding game so it will be very interesting to see how close they can get it.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom