• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Site and item went up a few minutes ago and I managed to get my order in!

today-show-yes.gif
The site gave out again while processing my payment details. Will give it another shot later if it's not yet sold out...

Okay- thank you! I’ve done Lanz and Taion so far. Thanks for the insight. Is there a spoiler free post game guide?
Keep in mind that some of the main party ascension quests are tied to progressing the plot, so if you can't find some, just keep following the main quests.

A hearty fuck you to the scalpers who held the Nintendo store offline yesterday and snapped up the collector’s editions to chuck on eBay at a 200% markup.

Don´t know if anyone already posted it so sorry if it is a repost but:

The Golden Joystick award is on and Xenoblade 3 is a nominee for best OST and best Nintendo game of the year (there is no RPG category, and the game was not nominated for best storytelling, which is a gigantic bs from their part, and we should even contact gamesradar to point out how much they messed up, their contact: [email protected]).

Since this one is decided by public vote, let´s give Xenoblade 3 a hand, even Noah´s voice actor was posting about it!

The Golden Joystick award is on and Xenoblade 3 is a nominee for best OST and best Nintendo game of the year (there is no RPG category, and the game was not nominated for best storytelling, which is a gigantic bs from their part, and we should even contact gamesradar to point out how much they messed up, their contact: [email protected]).

Since this one is decided by public vote, let´s give Xenoblade 3 a hand, even Noah´s voice actor was posting about it!
giphy.webp

Started downloading for me, though the progress bar isn't moving. Anyways, I'm excited to get back into the game! Hope the new hero quest is good.

Did not expect the Hero Quest to be so low level. I suppose I could level down but that seems tedious.

Just beat Ino's ascension quest, cute character and I actually really like her design.
Great moment when they played the XC2 battle theme! I love the driver/blade cutscene between Ino and Noah as well. Was hoping for a bit more lore but it's very clear she is from XC2.

The patch logs are nice too. Not many changes this time but you can now safe your party formation (classes, arts, accesssoirs etc). Which is a HUGE addition.

Saving party formations is fantastic. For a moment I was worried it was going to be one setup you can always revert to, but no, it's 15 slots that you can name and assign colors to. Very cool.

Party formations is great - gonna definitely spend some time using that.

I would like them to add an option for character switching in battle that is a bit more elegant than the one currently in the game. Something like a character wheel which slows the game right down (while holding ZR) and lets you snap to the character you want.

It can be difficult to switch quickly in the heat of battle and keep track of which character you are.

Omg I was able to grab the mythical EU Limited Edition :eek:
Congratulations! So was I. Either a lot of people lost interest or Nintendo finally beefed up their servers but I could easily get one even though the item went back on sale 15 minutes before. Looks like they did well to sell in small batches after all.

smh Pikmin 4 isnt even listed in most anticipated game

I enjoyed starting the first real round of DLC today. There isn’t a ton here and yet there still feels like a decent amount. The hero quests are straightforward with only recruitment and ascension quests. I can’t say I really like Ino much, but she does have amusing moments and she raises some minor lore questions. I am a bit sad that her quest starts at the entrance of the Dannagh Desert since I really appreciated in my playthrough that there was no real reason to go there besides curiosity. A shame too she is DLC since her level up gimmick would be more interesting to pursue if spread throughout the adventure rather than my post game save where it feels like busy work.

I’ve only done 2/18 challenge battles so far, but this is a nice thing to have and I’m glad this gives me renewed reason to one day hit level 99. I bumped up from level 84 to level 85 in the three hours I played today. So yeah, I guess nothing too wild here and Ino is kind of meh, but it’s giving me the excuse I wanted to pick up the game again for a while so good enough I guess.

I think I'll wait for the next hero to come out and do both quests together, not really a fan of challenge battles so I'll wait for the 2nd hero so it's 'meatier'.

Dumb question but I forgot since I haven’t played in a bit, how do I change the soul hacker class from like attacker, to defender or healer? I can’t figure it out, and online I’m just finding skill lists which I don’t want. I just need to remember how to switch which class the soul hacker is.

Edit: nvm I am dumb, characters > skills > role skills (and it’s in the description)

Maybe I'll be up in that spoiler thread sooner than I thought!

Collected all the intel, about to head out to the prison.

Basically just wanted to say this game still absolutely rips. If I even dare to question if I've sorta seen it all, a whole new system or mechanic is dropped on me. The best.

Just at the beginning of Chapter 5, and I'm starting to have trouble ranking up classes. They seem very slow now. I'm looking for an area that has regular monsters that are around level 50 to 60. Anyone have info on this, or a link to a non spoiler guide? Thanks.

Just at the beginning of Chapter 5, and I'm starting to have trouble ranking up classes. They seem very slow now. I'm looking for an area that has regular monsters that are around level 50 to 60. Anyone have info on this, or a link to a non spoiler guide? Thanks.
What level are you at, though? If your level is too high above the enemies you're fighting (I wanna say 5-6 levels or so) then you won't gain CP for the battle. Chapter 5-6 is actually around the time I ended up so over-levelled that grinding classes became impossible without seeking out higher-level areas (like Low Maktha for instance)

Keep an eye when a monster goes down that you get CP in addition to EXP. It's a really, really easy thing to miss. If you don't see CP pop up, the monster was too low of a level for you.

What level are you at, though? If your level is too high above the enemies you're fighting (I wanna say 5-6 levels or so) then you won't gain CP for the battle. Chapter 5-6 is actually around the time I ended up so over-levelled that grinding classes became impossible without seeking out higher-level areas (like Low Maktha for instance)

Keep an eye when a monster goes down that you get CP in addition to EXP. It's a really, really easy thing to miss. If you don't see CP pop up, the monster was too low of a level for you.
My party is currently level 55. Thanks.

If you are in the UK, the 'My Nintendo Store' has the physical edition of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in stock, it is a brand new printing and the cartridge is number 008 meaning it has the full game on it and doesn't require any system updates.

Of course you will still need to download the DLC if you have bought it, but I know collectors like these updated cartridge prints.

If you are in the UK, the 'My Nintendo Store' has the physical edition of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in stock, it is a brand new printing and the cartridge is number 008 meaning it has the full game on it and doesn't require any system updates.

Of course you will still need to download the DLC if you have bought it, but I know collectors like these updated cartridge prints.
Can I really buy XC2 again... I don't know... but thanks for the heads up!

From what I've heard it's +25% for Attack Up, +50% for Power Charge, and +75% for Awakening. Attack Up and Awakening are additive with each other while Power Charge is in another group of multipliers.
Hmm.
Wonder if it's worth equipping Zeon's talent art on non-Noah classes?

Which also reminds me,
For Soulhacker, the *mastery skills and the talent art also increase power based on how many uniques killed. Well, by how much? It doesn't tell you! Do you know?

Hmm.
Wonder if it's worth equipping Zeon's talent art on non-Noah classes?

Which also reminds me,
For Soulhacker, the *mastery skills and the talent art also increase power based on how many uniques killed. Well, by how much? It doesn't tell you! Do you know?
If you do give Zeon's talent art to someone, I'd recommend pairing it with Resonant Flag.

I haven't been able to find info on the bonus per soulhack on Final Countdown, but apparently, it caps at an 800% damage ratio.

How long is Chapter 7? I started it today and if possible I would like to finish the game this weekend
I don't remember exactly, but the last dungeon was kinda like XC1 Mechonis Field in design and duration to me.

Beware of the last boss though. Not sure if they changed it in the last update, but it's quite long, there's no checkpoint and some cutscenes aren't skippable. I tried hard a little under leveled and lost 20~30 min of progress on a single try.

I don't remember exactly, but the last dungeon was kinda like XC1 Mechonis Field in design and duration to me.

Beware of the last boss though. Not sure if they changed it in the last update, but it's quite long, there's no checkpoint and some cutscenes aren't skippable. I tried hard a little under leveled and lost 20~30 min of progress on a single try.
I think I’m already over what the level for the final boss is supposed to be, so I hope it’s no trouble for me! But thanks for the heads up 😊

There's one thing I am worrying about, it does not look like this story is anywhere near its end, but from everything I know, just a few more hours left and then it's done. But right now it just doesn't feel like they've done enough to wrap up the conclusion and convergence of the worlds/stories of 1 and 2.

Please tell me they won't just sidestep that.

There's one thing I am worrying about, it does not look like this story is anywhere near its end, but from everything I know, just a few more hours left and then it's done. But right now it just doesn't feel like they've done enough to wrap up the conclusion and convergence of the worlds/stories of 1 and 2.

Please tell me they won't just sidestep that.
You’re so close. Just finish the game and See for yourself. then catch up with the spoiler thread

Back
Top Bottom