• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired: The Switch OLED model exists due to silicon shortages forcing a Drake delay
Wired: The Switch OLED model was created for the sole purpose of making the upcoming model unleakable
Inspired: The Switch OLED model was planned long before the pandemic and any shortages which we know thanks to April 2020 datamines and only exists because Nintendo is weird and hates Labo
Does doctre81 know stuff?
He seems to mainly talk about stuff that's found on LinkedIn profiles and other publicly accessible info.

I love that a Switch Pro / 4K / whatever has to show us something new to some degree, whether that’s patches to existing games or just performance bumps from the nature of the hardware. Unlike the OLED, the wow moment for this doesn’t have to wait until it’s in our hands!

I also believe it’s coming soon since it makes sense that Nintendo hates third parties and made them show their games off on OG hardware would want to show their upcoming games in the best format possible

Famiboards right now

nRgMg6x.jpg

NCL hasn't tweeted at all today... odd
I don't keep up with that account, but just from skimming it, they don't always. Scrolled back and saw a few weekdays with no tweets, such as June 15. The time when the first tweet happens isn't always first thing in the morning, either.

Didn’t they do the Mario behind the curtains teaser at night in America?

I see now it was 5:30 pm Pacific.

Yes. It was during game 2 of the World Series. My Cubs were in it so I was on cloud 9. All of a sudden, Nintendo dropped the bomb.

Damn it, I had such a nice peaceful weekend - full and happy from the partners direct

now this has me glued to my computer rather than enjoying a game

Something being discussed on reddit is the possibility that it's a music licensing issue.
This is a possibility because this is almost exactly one year after the trailer, so it could have been a one year licensing deal.
I still lean toward there being some kind of announcement but I do think this argument is possible.

There's some merit to this because the Lite was taken down between the 8th and the 11th, while it was originally put up on the 10th, so that's about exactly a 2 year gap too.

At this point, we don't want the other OLED trailers to immediately be taken down. Unless Nintendo has separate licensing agreements between regions, if the OLED trailer is still standing somewhere on the 7th, then it can't because of music licensing reasons.

I don't mean to be that guy, but I'm pretty sure nothing is happening tomorrow. We just gotta hold on until next Tuesday and then we can fire up the hype machine.

Mad man speculation:
Nintendo going do a surprise event like Pokemon Company did in 2018

I say this with the utmost love for my fellow FamiBoards members...

...how the fuck did y'all more than double the page count of this thread in a single day when the only thing of note we had today was a video going private???

I also believe it’s coming soon since it makes sense that Nintendo hates third parties and made them show their games off on OG hardware would want to show their upcoming games in the best format possible
I think there's a chance of it being shown with a third-party multiplat, like Skyrim in the original Switch trailer. Then when the model is officially unveiled third parties can go ahead and announce what games they're bringing to it. Those 11 studios Bloomberg spoke to must surely have something to say.
NSW

Nintendo Switch Wide?
Nintendo Switch Wii?
Nintendo Switch
2022 Model

Oh shit... Serkan Toto knows stuff, he was the only one who predicted BOTW2 at E3 2019.
And told us that it'd reappear with a 2022 date ahead of E3 2021, back when everyone was hoping for a release that year! Have no idea what the tweet was this time, though, its already been deleted.

edit: Ah I see it now. Also edited this message to be clearer.

I think he knows about an announcement, but tweeted about it way too early. 9:30 on the dot and deleted immediately after is really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom