• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST May 2024|

Joedev

Shriekbat
dJQuibN.png

7d7d239f8a77ea8e20e8b35e33d0bb1d6e70cd456bfb2337f20e53a623e1b298

May 02 - Surmount

757c82af95bbf8771036f6691be1a00c9c307809de0090b68a23ed74d0fe456b

May 08 - PAC-MAN Mega Tunnel Battle: Chomp Champs

2c29e01e87282fe6d0514528eac25dd624c01eaa50b67bc07b79412ce8cfb10d

May 09 - ANIMAL WELL

8d91b15af956f1360795ea7bd10f6d3aca677ad45d677a6bfaaa735a9f058daa

May 09 - Little Kitty, Big City

a994fe0f634cdb8c8980748599537bdacd3ac0ef4d02634f667b2d3b1344383b

May 09 - Rainbow Cotton

screenshot01

May 16 - Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

7c9bae8434689aa9e380f065a2932b8389e7556161ed80cbbd14ccb300fbb51a

May 21 - Paper Trail

ss_0d68f7d9555858d657f716d2f2933603210c6125.1920x1080.jpg

May 23 - Bread & Fred

3147e2bb744afb66cc5f17a59683194226a61978fac86a9934c0779e3345e513

May 23 - Duck Detective - The Secret Salami

02d4a7980cd2da7dbdb64330fdbdc263ec2e3bf773e4312e937e8e16a067babe

May 23 - Pine Hearts

All Releases

Week 1

May 01 PAC-MAN Mega Tunnel Battle: Chomp Champs - Deluxe Edition
May 01 Space Mercenary Defense Force
May 02 Armed and Gelatinous: Couch Edition
May 02 Endless Ocean Luminous
May 02 FoxyLand Collection
May 02 Freddi Fish 2: The Case of The Haunted Schoolhouse
May 02 Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove
May 02 Freddi Fish Collection
May 02 Full Metal Sergeant
May 02 Matsutake Game
May 02 Ninja Flip
May 02 Sclash
May 02 Slot & Learn KANJI
May 02 SOWON : The Toy Wonderland
May 02 Surmount
May 02 Swipe Right or Left Geography Binary Quiz
May 02 Touhou Mystia's Izakaya
May 02 Tractor Farming Simulator 3D
May 02 Train Your Brain! Spot the Difference with Dog Photos
May 02 TriggerHeart EXELICA
May 03 All Noobs must die - Craft, Survival, Mine
May 03 Baking Time
May 03 Bomb Cat
May 03 Cyber Citizen Shockman 3: The princess from another world
May 03 Exit Slum 11
May 03 Knight Sim Life
May 03 My Horse Stories
May 03 Outbreak The Fedora Files What Lydia Knows
May 03 Pirates Golden Quest
May 04 Bucket Crusher: Cool Kidz Edition
May 04 Corgi´s Travel
May 04 DungeonSmash - Medieval Dungeons
May 05 Frozen Honey ASMR: Nasty Edition
May 05 Ninja Shuriken Master
--

Week 2
May 06 Adventure Field Remake
May 06 Coconut Farm 3D
May 08 PAC-MAN Mega Tunnel Battle: Chomp Champs
May 08 The Night of the Rabbit
May 08 The Prisoner of the Night
May 09 1000xRESIST
May 09 ANIMAL WELL
May 09 Animals drop
May 09 CorpoNation: The Sorting Process
May 09 Gearhead Karting Simulator - Mechanic & Racing
May 09 Gift
May 09 Imagine Earth
May 09 LET'S THROOOW! Street Basketball Simulator
May 09 Little Kitty, Big City
May 09 Rainbow Cotton
May 09 Summer Games Challenge
May 10 Hotel Hustle
May 10 Kinduo 2 - Frostbite
May 10 Mars Farming 2034
May 10 QUALIA ~The Path of Promise~
May 11 Culinary Cooking Master Simulator
May 11 Hand in Hand
May 11 MergeZ
May 12 Crab Digger TROPICAL ISLAND
--

Week 3
May 13 The Land Beneath Us
May 14 ATHENIAN RHAPSODY
May 14 Biomutant
May 14 Lysfanga : The Time Shift Warrior
May 14 Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution
May 14 Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution Deluxe Bundle
May 14 Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution Digital Art Book
May 14 Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution Digital Soundtrack
May 16 Arcadia: Colony
May 16 Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
May 16 Mutant Express
May 16 Please Fix The Road
May 16 Pool Party
May 17 Morbid: The Lords of Ire
May 17 My Little Pony: A Zephyr Heights Mystery
--

Week 4
May 21 Paper Trail
May 22 C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield
May 22 Doug's Nightmare
May 23 Blade Jumper
May 23 Bread & Fred
May 23 Duck Detective - The Secret Salami
May 23 Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
May 23 Pine Hearts
May 24 NecroBouncer
--

Week 5
May 28 Construction Simulator 4
May 28 Cupid Parasite: Sweet and Spicy Darling
May 29 Capes
May 29 Echoes
May 30 NINJA KAMUI: SHINOBI ORIGINS
May 30 Spellbearers
May 30 Umbraclaw
May 30 Xuan Yuan Sword 7
May 31 SKELER BOY

Previous Threads

2021 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Nov Dec
2022 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2023 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2024 Jan Feb Mar Apr --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

so excited for Animal Well and Lorelei. gonna be a great month for unusual puzzles

also wanted to shout out Before the Green Moon which came out yesterday:
I know we all like to joke about there being too many farming games but i have heard nothing but glowing praise for this one (it came out on PC last year). it really seems like something special, and as soon as i saw some of those screenshots it was an instant purchase—what an amazing art style. gonna check it out in earnest this weekend and will report back

2cd419720972995dd596aeaa30c2c4239ddb6a33d8710cae1e6d06469776e299

so excited for Animal Well and Lorelei. gonna be a great month for unusual puzzles

also wanted to shout out Before the Green Moon which came out yesterday:
I know we all like to joke about there being too many farming games but i have heard nothing but glowing praise for this one (it came out on PC last year). it really seems like something special, and as soon as i saw some of those screenshots it was an instant purchase—what an amazing art style. gonna check it out in earnest this weekend and will report back

Yeah I noticed that on the eshop. Love the art style and has a pretty good reception over on Steam. Definitely interested in that, too.

Looking forward to Animal Well, and I also have never played Thousand Year Door, so I'll probably give that a shot.

Unfortunately, I am probably going to be giving up on Unicorn Overlord. It's really good and I enjoyed it, but it's just too long and a little too much micromanagement. I am on the third of what appears to be 4 main areas, but am kind of burnt out on it.

Ready for Endless Ocean and ^Paper Mario. After finishing Rise of the Ronin and going through Stellar Blade need something to chill

Fine month, a little indie dominated. Still, I reckon i will spend some money on my Switch.

Getting:
Endless Ocean Luminous
Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
Biomutant
Wizardry The Proving Grounds
Neptunia Game Maker
Neptunia Rebirth Trilogy
Animal Well
Little Kitty Big City

Waiting for some impressions (this time there is a LOT):
Umbraclaw
Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle
Surmount
SOWON
C.A.R.D.S. RPG Misty Battlefield
Capes
Morbid The Lords of Ire
Gift
CorpoNation
Imagine Earth
Xuan Yuan Sword 7 (looks pretty ambitious, I liked XYS6)
The Land Beneath Us
Lysfanga The Timeshift Warrior
Read Only Memories Neurodiver

I'll end up getting only a few of these above but the selection is exceptional this month.

I'm excited to see reviews of Little Kitty Big City. If it's got an engaging gameplay loop, I'm all over that. 🐈

Excited for Little Kitty, Big City and Animal Well.

Paper Mario is a given. Never got around to it back in the day, then it got absurdly expensive for years...

This is a big month. Animal Well, Paper Trail, Lorelei and the Laser Eyes, Duck Detective, and the list goes on. Meanwhile I'm stuck on Balatro 😅

I took advantage of the Play Asia 3 for $100 deal and ordered Endless Ocean and Paper Mario (and Demon Slayer Sweep the Board). That's going to do it for me this month, though ironically enough I might not get them until June. Such is life.

Animal Well, Little Kitty Big City, and Lorelei and the Laser Eyes all interest me, but I want to see how they review first. Rainbow Cotton looks fun too.

In Switchup's latest video they promoted another channel, Switch played.

That channel has a playlist "go woke go broke" which includes stuff like this:

Wonder if Switchup are aware of this content...

In Switchup's latest video they promoted another channel, Switch played.

That channel has a playlist "go woke go broke" which includes stuff like this:

Wonder if Switchup are aware of this content...

The way this ,,pronoun guy'' is the most culturally significant thing to come out of Starfield makes me upset.

Also the reason i think they mentioned him is because of his mortal kombat 1 patch video, because Switchupp were looking back if some Switch games were patched and they just gave him credit because of that, i presume.

Plus who even checks out playlist, so i would presume they checked the video and just gave him credit.
But who know, at the end.

Before the Green Moon:

I played a few hours of this over the weekend. it's very cool! it reminds me more of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (the gamecube one) than something like Stardew Valley. days are very short and the farming itself is a very small part of each day. most of the time is instead spent wandering around the little company town, talking to people, sometimes doing favors for others or being surprised when they do them for you. it is a "community game" at least as much as it is a "farming game".

the setting is interesting, the music and sound design are excellent, the writing is pretty good, and I can't get enough of the visuals. i think it also has a specific endpoint so it's nice that it has no ambitions of being a "forever game"—seems like it's about 8-10 hours total. there's a little bit of jank to the controls on the switch version (the character creator in particular is way too difficult to navigate, everything else has been managable) but it's otherwise a totally solid port. it's also 25% off for another day or two. check it out!

on an unrelated note, I will probably put up an ST for Animal Well in the next couple days. that game seems interesting enough that I think it would benefit from a dedicated thread for discussion even if there aren't a ton of people here playing it

Hi guys
to celebrate the very existence of the Switch 2...here we are with a giveaway on our website!

It is a Switch (EU) code of LUNAR AXE: join is simple
comment our news on the website, within Sunday, May 14th!

Let's join us!

Looking forward to Little Kitty, Big City reviews and impressions, hopefully in the next 24 hours or so. I mean, impressions will happen for sure, the game releases tomorrow, but I'd like to see some reviews on different platforms, especially to decide between Xbox and Switch if it turns out to be a great game as I'm hoping.

Looking forward to Little Kitty, Big City reviews and impressions, hopefully in the next 24 hours or so. I mean, impressions will happen for sure, the game releases tomorrow, but I'd like to see some reviews on different platforms, especially to decide between Xbox and Switch if it turns out to be a great game as I'm hoping.

Same! Really hoping it runs well on Switch (and turns out to be a good game)

Getting Paper Mario, Neurodiver and Lorelei and the Laser Eyes for sure, interested in 1000xResist. Not sure if I'll buy/play them all on Switch tho. Also getting Crow Country, and maybe V Rising.

Do we have any impressions for Little Kitty, Big City and Animal Well for Switch? I'm not going to make the same mistake that i made with Another Crab's Treasure and buy it without hearing positive feedback for the Switch version (still waiting for improvement for handheld, but i kinda gave up on it).

Do we have any impressions for Little Kitty, Big City and Animal Well for Switch? I'm not going to make the same mistake that i made with Another Crab's Treasure and buy it without hearing positive feedback for the Switch version (still waiting for improvement for handheld, but i kinda gave up on it).

Nintendo Life gave their review on the Switch version, they said frames will drop occasionally in heavy areas when you pan the camera, but it mainly stays stable. Not sure on Animal Well, but I'm going to assume it runs well on Switch as I've seen nothing negative on it yet.

Picked up Bloodstained because it was cheap and I red it was updated several times and it was in a much better state than at launch.

I don't want to know how it was at launch because this is unplayable. What a fucking embarrasement of a port.

Last edited:
After reaching a bit of a slump with Balatro, I finally started Chicory. It's very good! Motion controls seem to be the optimal way to play, which is a bit of a nuisance as I generally prefer handheld mode.

I think I'll buy Animal Well and start it after Chicory. I was already very intrigued by it, and practically all the impressions I've read online highlight things I tend to like.

Last edited:
Hunh, didn't know we got a physical sea english sub version of Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX. I'll have to grab it at some point. Not right now tho

(There's also a DOA Extreme 3 switch port but I'm more amused than have a desire to get it XD)

Back
Top Bottom