• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Feb. 2024|

Joedev

Shriekbat
6xmBSzs.png

7AIcqjb.png

9tMpO6C.png

Feb 14 Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, Feb 16 Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Feb 22 Splatoon 3 - Side Order DLC

7KDK0Te.png

9318fa2c27aec1e8d16a6e2946ad666aa37b7f27c25e399edba13a815c01d916

Feb 09 - Jubilee

41eeca17f3bba5c190903221c6b32cf84f80d7468179859c842ac64d0b7c0556

Feb 15 - PlateUp!

ss_d17a3adc6176c7f99e0dc31c49f4764f137e6374.1920x1080.jpg

Feb 20 - Balatro

e2b74c828ad052ec4f62ebc1612bdfe79862e47fb1a0ff6993e391db68037bb7

Feb 21 - Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story

5e89546954d50dc558c88512a453c200d2e04a33db4336512221560053829c3b

Feb 27 - Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons

75e10458fe01efcb1efb42667a1d44feb6eea1c5cd5455bedda9323b934d8db8

Feb 27 - Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Week 1
Feb 01 Candy Shake Cup
Feb 01 CEIBA
Feb 01 Defense Master
Feb 01 Harpoon Shooter! Nozomi
Feb 01 Japanese Escape Games The Police Office
Feb 01 Knights of Braveland
Feb 01 MIGHT'N MOW'EM Coop-Survivors Online
Feb 01 Piggy Gambit
Feb 01 Teppo and The Secret Ancient City
Feb 01 UDO
Feb 01 UDO: Unidentified Drilling Object
Feb 02 Cooking Arena - 3 in 1 Edition
Feb 02 Dr. Frank's Build a Boyfriend
Feb 02 Dreamcutter
Feb 02 Farm Day Simulator 2024
Feb 02 Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash
Feb 02 Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash Deluxe Edition
Feb 02 Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash Ultimate Edition
Feb 02 POSTAL: Brain Damaged
Feb 02 Project Downfall
Feb 02 Slimeboo
Feb 02 Sweet Bakery Tycoon Complete Edition
Feb 02 The Pigeon - Simulator
Feb 03 ASMR Slicing: Nice Cuts Edition
Feb 03 DIY Paper Doll: Classy Edition
Feb 03 Drawing Carnival: Anime Edition
Feb 03 Johnny Trigger: Butcher Edition
Feb 03 Morto - Chapter 2
Feb 03 Snow Moto - Racing Adventure
Feb 03 Torn Away
Feb 04 Raft Survival Simulator
--

Week 2
Feb 06 Alisa Developer's Cut
Feb 06 CLeM
Feb 06 Town Adventures
Feb 07 Dungeonoid 2 Awakening
Feb 07 HunterX: code name T
Feb 08 Cannibal Abduction
Feb 08 Hero of Fate(Deluxe Edition)
Feb 08 INVECTOR: RHYTHM GALAXY
Feb 08 KONOSUBA - God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Love For These Clothes Of Desire!
Feb 08 Mustache In Hell
Feb 08 Police Car Driver: City Parking Simulator
Feb 08 West Hunt
Feb 09 Borzoi Adventure
Feb 09 Forklift Simulator 2024
Feb 09 Golfinite
Feb 09 Jubilee
Feb 09 Prisonela DX
Feb 10 GeoJelly Space Odyssey Bundle
Feb 10 MakOS new operating system
--

Week 3
Feb 14 Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore
Feb 14 Lords of Exile
Feb 14 Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft
Feb 15 BANCHOU TACTICS
Feb 15 GUNVOLT RECORDS: Cychronicle
Feb 15 Maid of the Dead
Feb 15 PlateUp!
Feb 15 Pretty Girls Klondike Solitaire PLUS
Feb 15 Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II
Feb 15 Swords and Adventures
Feb 15 TOP Web Search 23
Feb 15 Twilight Survivors
Feb 15 Witch's Rhythm Puzzle
Feb 16 Fit My Cat
Feb 16 Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Feb 16 SCREAM AND STEEL - Horror Story Shooter
Feb 17 Cyber Taxi Simulator
--

Week 4
Feb 20 Balatro
Feb 20 qomp2
Feb 21 Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story
Feb 21 Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story Deluxe Edition
Feb 21 Froggie - A Retro Platformer
Feb 22 Apex Heroines
Feb 22 Inkulinati
Feb 22 LUNARiA -Virtualized Moonchild-
Feb 22 Yohane the Parhelion - NUMAZU in the MIRAGE -
Feb 23 Dino Race – Dinosaur Ride Ranch
Feb 23 Promenade
Feb 24 Snap Together: New Challenges
Feb 25 Lion Simulator Survival: RPG Animal Battle
--

Week 5
Feb 27 Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons
Feb 27 Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
Feb 27 Sympathy Kiss
Feb 28 Dead End City
Feb 28 STAR WARS™: Dark Forces Remaster
Feb 29 Looking Up I See Only A Ceiling
Feb 29 Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi Tsuzuri
Feb 29 OTXO

Previous Threads

2021 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Nov Dec
2022 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2023 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2024 Jan --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Cheers to another well-crafted eshop thread, @Joedev! Nice to see Shiren the Wanderer here. It had a great launch in Japan, I hope more people pick it up!

I'm still working through the stuff I bought in the last mega-sale so probably no new purchases for me this month. Same old, same old.

This is probably a month where I will mostly be chipping away at stuff in the backlog. I had picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 about a year ago and could never get into it, but I recently started it back up and having been having fun with it, so hopefully I can keep that up.

I would highly recommend PlateUp! if you have someone you can play with in co-op. Me and my wife have played it a ton and really enjoy it. I wouldn't quite say it's overcooked as a roguelike, as the gameplay is a bit different, but it does have some obvious similarities and if you like overcooked you should definitely take a look.

Also, I think Balatro is a definite pickup for me. There is a demo on Steam and it is a lot of fun and seems pretty packed with content to discover and unlock.

Nice month, possibly better than January. Quite number of games I shouldn't miss.

Getting:
Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash
Shiren the Wanderer 6
PlateUp!
Slave Zero X
Inkulinati
Postal Brain Damaged
Tomb Raider 1-2-3
Dark Forces Remaster

Need some reviews first:
BandleTale

Also, just found out that Open Roads from Annapurna got delayed to march. Eh, better late than never.

Yeah I'm just getting Mario vs Donkey kong and the Story of season not picross for now since I had more expenses in January than expected, still a lot of variety this month probably going to get Tomb Raider and Dark Forces along the year

I'm not really locked in on anything this month aside from Story of Seasons Picross, which is a cheapie. Interested in Balatro and Bandle Tale as well, Bandle Tale at $40 I'll want to see some decent reviews on first.

Thanks for the great thread as always @Joedev!

Still in the midst of figuring out which eShop game we'll get into next. We were going to try Ogre Battle 64 on Wii U VC today, and then I realized it was stored on the external HD, and didn't have time to get it set up.

Instead we played the under-appreciated Wii U eShop platformer Kung Fu Rabbit, which has a simplistic charm and kind zen cute aesthetic. We had beaten the game before but never tried the hard bonus worlds, played a few of those and they were as fun and charming as ever with good challenge and some relaxing tunes. Good pick up and play game that we've been picking up and playing for over a decade on and off.

Kinda thinking Four Swords Adventures in SP might sound the most appealing right now.

I picked up a bunch of games yesterday:

Dredge (loving it so far).
Toki Tori 2+ (very low price).
Undergrave (this caught my eye, hard as nails but a really addictive roguelike so far).
Picross S8 and 9

And I resubbed to the Expansion Pass.

I don't know if I'm actually going to get anything this month but I am interested in Mario vs Donkey Kong, Splatoon 3 Side Order, and Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons. If not in February I'll get them eventually.

Oh hey looks Fate Samurai is in the quicker KT discount cycle so I'll wait for 50%(last was 25%, now it's 30%. If I give it a couple more months it should be close.

Oh hey looks Fate Samurai is in the quicker KT discount cycle so I'll wait for 50%(last was 25%, now it's 30%. If I give it a couple more months it should be close.
It's a good game but it kinda dissapointed me as a musou fan since I was expecting more musou combat and less exploring, action/rpg stuff/activities

Did anyone wind up getting Backpack hero? It’s on sale and I was wondering how it wound up being?

I haven't got it, but it looks fun. Pretty unique roguelite.

Mandos, you have Arcade Paradise, right? I've been playing a lot of Blockchain and got in the top 10 high scores.

I haven't got it, but it looks fun. Pretty unique roguelite.

Mandos, you have Arcade Paradise, right? I've been playing a lot of Blockchain and got in the top 10 high scores.
Yeah Arcade paradise is excellent, I should revisit it soon

Also on Fate, even if it’s not pure musou, the overall story and setup had me interested. Just have enough backlog to wait for half off. Only game coming up I’m planning to spend full price on is Megaton Musashi wired, and I may not get the deluxe version

wow! Tenderfoot Tactics is getting a port on the 21st. I’m not really a tactics game person but this one is real cool. the definitive #screenshotsaturday game circa 2019

I must be spoiled but those walking animations are so slow I'm thinking a no for me and I love Metroidvania.

I recently finished A Space for the Unbound, which I bought last month when it was on sale. Despite having a map it can still get a little confusing to navigate to where you need to go (especially towards the end) and the back and forth to different locations to grab items you need starts to feel a little tedious after a while; but those are minor complaints for what I think is a wonderful adventure game.

There was actually a little more variety to the gameplay than I was expecting - nothing major, but in addtion to the usual adventure formula of "find and collect items, use items to solve puzzles" there's a form of turn based combat and even some light stealth elements sprinkled in. The pixel graphics are beautiful, it has a great soundtrack, and the story is compelling. I really enjoyed it.

I really want to play this Shiren right now, but as my rules, I need to finish Tears of the Kingdom first...
Do not get Lake on Switch, the port is in a very rough state.
Poly Bridge on Switch is sometimes unplayable. This one does not seem as bad though.

Returned to Celeste to work on some of the secret-est mini levels. Am now in BC IRL for the first time on our way further north to hopefully see the Aurora like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U.

Celeste is still super difficult and amazing. I'm very rusty. I'm wearing my Celeste shirt though.

Recently tried Grapple Dog expecting to love it but the screen moving left and right as you grapple was a motion sensitivity issue for me. Much prefer the DKC method of swinging back and forth whilst the camera stays fixed. Had a similar issue with one level in Mario Wonder.

Also recently finally giving Shovel Knight DIG a go! First time playing a roguelite platformer. It's tough losing progress back to the beginning every time but we are really enjoying it. Only beat one boss thus far. It seems addictive and the procedural levels are put together in a way that makes them feel both fresh and well designed.

What are the best platformers in your opinion? Think it’s my favorite genre, but I have barely played on my switch the past two years. Got in some Mario Wonders lately, and some Sonic Mania.

Celeste, DKTF, anything Mario, Metroid Dread, Hollow Knight, Splasher, Kirby, Steamworld Dig 2, Shovel Knight are some of the awesome games I’ve played. Looking for some eshop gems to play in bed when the kids are sleeping.

What are the best platformers in your opinion? Think it’s my favorite genre, but I have barely played on my switch the past two years. Got in some Mario Wonders lately, and some Sonic Mania.

Celeste, DKTF, anything Mario, Metroid Dread, Hollow Knight, Splasher, Kirby, Steamworld Dig 2, Shovel Knight are some of the awesome games I’ve played. Looking for some eshop gems to play in bed when the kids are sleeping.
Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Dadish 1, 2, 3
Rayman Legends
Lunistice
Super Meat Boy
The End is Nigh

Penny's Big Breakaway looks very promising, too.

For 2D: Klonoa Collection, Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection, Ori 1-2, Guacamelee 1-2

for 3D: Pac-Man World Repac, Kao the Kangaroo, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 (first one didn't age well), de Blob 1-2, Demon Turf

I really enjoyed the Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon games. Essentially a modern take on Castlevania 3.

Stardew Valley is 50% off (lowest price ever) in EU.

It will last until later tonight though! I'll finally bite ;)

Loving the platformer talk in here. It's my favorite genre. Please allow me to share some recs from some of my most enjoyed under-appreciated gems:

-Splasher is a 2D platformer from the makers of Rayman Legends. Much like that game, it's a sublime melding of movement and design. It's like if Splatoon was translated into an excellent 2D platformer.

-Yoku's Island Express is a Metroidvania where you play as a pinball essentially. It seemed like a strange setup for the movement mechanics at first, but once it clicked for me I absolutely loved it. Art style and music are a joy too.

-Kaze and the Wild Masks starts out as a very competent DKC homage but as it develops into its own thing after the first world, it demonstrates much excellent level design and power ups that really change up the moveset. It gets pretty challenging, especially to 100%. Would love to see a sequel.

-Elec-Head took me a bit to get into but I came to really enjoy its complex puzzle-platformer stylings. It's quite heady at times, pun intended. In some ways it reminds me of BoxBoy!!, and I loved the games I've played in that series. I also appreciate this game strikes a neat balance between pretty concise and complete.

Finally, I just want to second the recommendation for Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. It's the secret DKC 6 we never got. Beating the titular Lair is one of my proudest gaming moments. The levels are sublimely designed, particularly with a certain mechanic that leads to new ways to enjoy them, and the OST is full of gems.

Seconding Splasher and Yoku's Island Express. Both on the opposite ends of the platforming experience-- Yoku is more of a chill, exploratory game while Splasher likes to test your reflexes and encourages speedrunning. But both are excellent, and they regularly go for cheap, too.

Did anyone wind up getting Backpack hero? It’s on sale and I was wondering how it wound up being?
It's pretty addicting, and that "just one more run" always gets me.

It's got many different unlocks that kept things new and there's some story and town building aspects that helps you unlock more items

It's not greatly optimized on the switch tho and has a few glitches I've come across, but they might have fixed those since I've played las

(I realize this was from like 2 weeks ago so idk if it's still on sale or not but still recommend)

It's pretty addicting, and that "just one more run" always gets me.

It's got many different unlocks that kept things new and there's some story and town building aspects that helps you unlock more items

It's not greatly optimized on the switch tho and has a few glitches I've come across, but they might have fixed those since I've played las

(I realize this was from like 2 weeks ago so idk if it's still on sale or not but still recommend)
I’m waiting for a bigger sale now to be fair XD

If you consider HK, Steamworld Dig 2, Metroid Dread platformers, you absolutely need to play Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. It's incredible - specially the platforming stuff. It's made by the same Ubisoft team that made Rayman Legends. After I completed the game, I finished all the side quest only because the traversal in the game was sooo fun! (Also, make sure you use the Persian language dub.)

However, by now you might want to wait until Ubisoft put it on sale, since that's probably not far away.

Back
Top Bottom