• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your excitement about Switch 2, but it won't be out until September or October. Until then, Switch still fully operational.

Neither Nintendo nor we will be satisfied with Princess Peach, Paper TTYD and Luigi's Mansion 2, only.

There must be a real Nintendo Direct, no mini.

I agree. Honestly it'd be fascinating if we managed to get both somehow, but the odds of that happening are... low at best.

Personally I'm still a fan of my unhinged "We're getting a Switch 2 trailer soon before the Superbowl so Nintendo can advertise there, Nintendo Direct later this month that can show Switch 2 games" theory. Sounds more fun that way.
This but significantly less ironically. 😈

Kit and Krysta feels things are weird. They go through all the little news we’ve been getting and they don’t feel we are getting a big general direct in February. They think a smaller direct

It will always be fun that the users of this forum know more about Nintendo than former employees of the company.

I'm kinda amazed that there was so much tension regarding NP being here, then him skimming our threads for content, then banning him for skimming hidden posts, then mysteriously continuing to make videos on hidden Fami posts even after the ban (to the point where there was talk about even further restricting posts) only to now have the thread circle back around and speculate on stuff being said on NP's own show. 😅

I understand your excitement about Switch 2, but it won't be out until September or October. Until then, Switch still fully operational.

Neither Nintendo nor we will be satisfied with Princess Peach, Paper TTYD and Luigi's Mansion 2, only.

A Mini could easily announce other ports or smaller titles. January 2018 announced three ports and a Mario Sports game. This also won't be the only Direct this year.

A mini direct can give us Zelda ports, Metroid Prime 2/3 remaster, Mario sports game
I'd be very happy with that! The mini label is arbitrary, it's just meant to temper expectations.

If Nintendo is planning a summer showcase for the Switch 2 any direct before then is going to be naturally lighter regardless of the label

A mini direct can give us Zelda ports, Metroid Prime 2/3 remaster, Mario sports game

That’s exactly what I want! Minis still can run well over 20 minutes and give us good stuff. Making this next one a Mini would also be a nice, subtle way of saying “the Switch is winding down a little now, prepare for the next big thing…” Mini or not, I’m guessing Prime 4 is still going to be a no-show yet again until the next system is revealed, and it is shown to be cross-gen.

Whilst I wouldn't be surprised by 1 or 2 extra games, generally speaking I'd say be prepared to not be satisfied with the remaining life of the Switch. The last year of the Wii and of the Wii U was very quiet - in the case of the Wii U, very much to prepare for an excellent first year for the Switch. My feeling is that same philosophy is being taken here, I think the last major Switch exclusive was Super Mario Bros. Wonder and anything else we get now is going to be lower profile.

I want a new Yoshi game, give me a new Yoshi game.
tumblr_inline_pq6byl06Z41txi7fe_250.png

That’s exactly what I want! Minis still can run well over 20 minutes and give us good stuff. Making this next one a Mini would also be a nice, subtle way of saying “the Switch is winding down a little now, prepare for the next big thing…” Mini or not, I’m guessing Prime 4 is still going to be a no-show yet again until the next system is revealed, and it is shown to be cross-gen.
Yeah I already had Prime 4 not showing be it Mini or not so it doesn’t bother me. I’m excited for some of these Zelda and Metroid ports though.

For Zelda ports, people are currently thinking Oracle games or WW/TP HD right?

WW/TP for sure. The Oracles have both made it to NSO, and WW / TP are the only major titles left that aren’t playable for Switch. I’d be down for Oracle remakes, but few things beat WW and TP for me personally, even if just basic ports.

I wonder if that would show up in a Mini. I’d be all up for it. Considering it’s a remake I could definitely see it. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition was in a Mini iirc
There isn't really any precedent right now. The last remake was announced in a Fire Emblem specific Direct. And no, Xenoblade Definitive was a closer in a normal September Direct in 2019. The mini in the following March opened on a trailer for it, which is probably what you're remembering.

I like Nate...but that's the biggest nonthing-burger in history.

The only way that this would be news would be if he'd heard there wouldn't be more Directs or something. Obviously there are going to be more. If you aren't sure on timing...that's not news.
It's more I know the exact format of the Direct and what to expect from it, but I don't know the day of presentation. And I was answering a question. This same thread lost their collective minds when Grubb said he expected a Direct in February.

It was, but it was initially announced in a Full Fat Whole Cream Extra Sugar Direct.

There isn't really any precedent right now. The last remake was announced in a Fire Emblem specific Direct. And no, Xenoblade Definitive was in a normal September Direct in 2019. The mini in the following March had a trailer for it, which is probably what you're remembering.
Yes I know lol. I was commenting that Xenoblade still did appear in a Mini Direct, even though it wasn’t announced there. Even though there’s not a precedent with Fire Emblem I can still it being the lead announcement in a Mini and released in like 2-3 months later.

It's more I know the exact format of the Direct and what to expect from it, but I don't know the day of presentation. And I was answering a question. This same thread lost their collective minds when Grubb said he expected a Direct in February.
Oh wait you know the kind of direct we are getting? Is it a General or mini?

By knowing the format you mean you know if it's general/mini/partner showcase etc?

I demand a Full Fat Direct

It's been a long and harsh winter and I need to replenish my fat reserves

except I totally don't need more fat reserves because my lair is stuffed full of old RPGs with a side of indies and Prince of Persia and an entire Baldur's Gate 3

we haven't had a mini since 2022 lol

you guys are hilarious
You could have said the same thing in 2022 though. "We haven't had a mini since 2020 lol"

It's the exact same timeframe. That doesn't mean it's happening mind you, just that it's a silly argument.

while it has no reason to be , I really wish this would be a great, banger direct. Only because Nintendo hatred seems like it’s at an all time high and i’m quite sick of it

Do you think Nintendo feels like Prime 4 has to be shown off in a Switch Direct first since it was announced for Switch or do you think they'd show it off first for Switch 2 to show it at its best?
We still don't know whether or not Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive to the first Switch.

I'll say this: if the next Switch-only Direct comes and Prime 4 is a no-show, then it will be on Switch 2.

... Well that's annoying but not a fault of yours. Shooting the messenger is an unhelpful pass time.

If it's a case of "Don't know the date" then it's not really all that special. If it's a case of "It doesn't have a date", then Nintendo is being full suspicious mode.

Curious about the contents, but i get why you aren't posting them now.

I'm kinda amazed that there was so much tension regarding NP being here, then him skimming our threads for content, then banning him for skimming hidden posts, then mysteriously continuing to make videos on hidden Fami posts even after the ban (to the point where there was talk about even further restricting posts) only to now have the thread circle back around and speculate on stuff being said on NP's own show. 😅
Who's talking about that arsehat? I have words...

We'll have to speak in code, then

Hoot twice like a barn owl, thrice like a snowy owl, and wail six times like an egret if Samus will be there

Oh wait you know the kind of direct we are getting? Is it a General or mini?
What if it's neither and it's the Switch 2 presentation, isn't knowing the kind of Direct usually hard to nail down? So being so sure of the format with no date, maybe it's something bigger. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

How has their Direct prediction track record been?
They've been pretty consistently wrong to a humorous degree.

In 2022 they were certain there would be a general Direct in June - there wasn't.

In 2023 they laughed off the rumors that there would be a Direct in June, then it was announced like the day afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom