• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone translate please? I'm not logged in on Twitter on the device I'm on and the translate function keeps failing

Yeah, Brazil I think recently joined Famiboards just last week iirc

"Sony revealing that it will not release any major games next year is proof of the ability that Microsoft post-acquisition of Activision Blizzard has in creating trends in the gaming industry.

So, who's looking forward to Direct?"

I do hope that if something is just shadow dropped tomorrow that third parties knew what they were in for. I can't imagine that they would pay to be in a Direct but not be given details about the format and how it would be revealed, you know? General Directs seem to by far get the most attention, and something that is shadow dropped is going to get less views than something that is revealed in advance and hyped up.

okay here’s the shortest possible version

• usually nintendo has a direct in the second week of February
  • they did not this year
  • reliable rumours coming from multiple sources pointed to a Partner Direct on Thursday
  • no announcement has been made yet, so either it’s a shadowdrop (which would be a Mini) or it’s not happening
  • last night Grubb said on his Nintendo podcast that NOA was feelin‘ some kinda way about having their thing the same day as Microsoft‘s Business Update podcast thing, so it might have gotten postponed
ah, so it seems i have missed literally only the Grubb related stuff. i was right, basically nothing!

thank you for the summary though <3

okay here’s the shortest possible version

• usually nintendo has a direct in the second week of February
  • they did not this year
  • reliable rumours coming from multiple sources pointed to a Partner Direct on Thursday
  • no announcement has been made yet, so either it’s a shadowdrop (which would be a Mini) or it’s not happening
  • last night Grubb said on his Nintendo podcast that NOA was feelin‘ some kinda way about having their thing the same day as Microsoft‘s Business Update podcast thing, so it might have gotten postponed
Yeah, I don't think nintendo wants people losing focus about the whole microsoft deal before announcing their new stuff.
Friday it is.

I’m happy enough for today as Yx X got dated for Autumn this year. But really hoping for something tomorrow. I guess we get to sit down for a fireside chat with Phil and co instead :)

Yeah, I don't think nintendo wants people losing focus about the whole microsoft deal before announcing their new stuff.
Friday it is.
I doubt they’d do Friday, that’d be Saturday in Japan which they don’t usually do. If it’s getting delayed it’ll be next week.

I'll be honest my favourite PS was the October 2020 one, purely out of bias of course. I was ready to buy Pikmin 3 Deluxe literally the next day, but Nintendo decided to shadow drop Part Time UFO and the NMH duopoly saving me money, and giving me some of my favourite games of the year in the process (plus the NMH3 gameplay and AoC trailer + demo was pretty cool too)

They will shadowdrop a General tomorrow

QMZpnb79N5BN0wsSM3.webp

If Nintendo does shadow drop a direct tomorrow then that shows they had no confidence in it and just fulfilling an obligation to third parties

Ready for tomorrow's partner showcase. Ys X would have been a banger announcement, guess they're confident in DQ III HD-2D to take center stage and impress then!

Please... otherwise I'll have to shut up about this effing game for any and all future Nintendo presentations.

Considering that your first post in this forum involves directly insulting its members, it's clear you are not here to engage with the community in good faith. For this you have been permanently banned. - MB, BA, Dragoncaine, mariodk18, VD, MN
I think you guts are desperate morons. At this point I'd rather skip any direct. Partner or not, you pretend like either would be good. That princess Peach game looks like it's for mouth breathing nintoddlers

"Sony revealing that it will not release any major games next year is proof of the ability that Microsoft post-acquisition of Activision Blizzard has in creating trends in the gaming industry.

So, who's looking forward to Direct?"
NGL, I don't understand this. 😅

What does the MS/AB merger have to do with Sony having no major games? And how is a lack of games from a major 1st party developer "a trend?" And if it is a trend, then how was that trend created by some other 1st party dev buying up a bunch of 3rd parties?

I must be completely misreading.

I think you guts are desperate morons. At this point I'd rather skip any direct. Partner or not, you pretend like either would be good. That princess Peach game looks like it's for mouth breathing nintoddlers
. . . 🤨

AbWlffq.png

Oh okay that's not surprising

NGL, I don't understand this. 😅

What does the MS/AB merger have to do with Sony having no major games? And how is a lack of games from a major 1st party developer "a trend?" And if it is a trend, then how was that trend created by some other 1st party dev buying up a bunch of 3rd parties?

I must be completely misreading.
It's a machine translation so I think it got a little lost. Maybe the joke is that, with Microsoft seemingly going multi-platform, Sony don't have to bother making more games?

Excuse me but we prefer to be called Famibabies, not nintoddlers

If no announcement meant Switch 2 reveal in February, I‘d sacrifice anything, even if it contained Silksong (sorry guys, but Switch 2 has priority).

Yeah, they're definitely teasing us right now lol. Giving us non-Direct announcements every hour now.

Plot twist: This is their new form of Direct. They'll announce a tweet being like "We hope you enjoyed our new Nintendo Direct format in which we release each announcement as a Tweet every hour."

Yeah, they're definitely teasing us right now lol. Giving us non-Direct announcements every hour now.

Plot twist: This is their new form of Direct. They'll announce a tweet being like "We hope you enjoyed our new Nintendo Direct format in which we release each announcement as a Tweet every hour."

Tbh this game is out now, it wasn't going to be featured in a Direct anyways (outside of maybe in a sizzle reel showing "Out today!" or something like that).

eh that's just a release trailer to be fair

I hope you have fun playing Princess Peach: Showtime!, releasing March 22nd on the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems.

Remember gang Direct marketing doesn't only address us, the obsessives who live in the Speculation Attic and immediately imbibe a Direct; it provides easy marketing fodder that Nintendo will keep promoting through multiple channels.

Sure, it gives that stuff a focal point and an initial higher profile, but Nintendo have a reach after that which many publishers and developers lack.

fuckin finally, ExciteATV

If all these slowing-site-down-guests are like that, please leave and don‘t join. Stay were you came from (resetera, reddit, twitter or whatever toxic forum you‘all are one)./s

This is a joke, we‘re hoping many of you join, but don‘t follow that behavior. Hope you join the discussion.😀

I hope you have fun playing Princess Peach: Showtime!, releasing March 22nd on the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems.
While I await that release, I am going to be playing the previous Princess Peach game, Super Princess Peach using the Nintendo DS™ backwards compatibility feature on my Limited Edition The Legend of Zelda™: A Link Between Worlds Nintendo 3DS™ XL handheld console.

I hope you have fun playing the Princess Peach: Showtime! game, releasing March 22nd on the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems.
FTFY, so that Nintendo-sama is even happier.

Sucks for lumpyo, I don't think they're even the first ever single-post permaban. What will they ever achieve in life?

Edit: Oh shit maybe they are? In which case I take it back. Masterful achievement!

Jokes on you for growing up, imagine being a fan of paying bills and having a receeding hairline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom