• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Paper Mario and LM2 don’t have dates I’m confident the Switch 2 reveal is going to be a Direct in all but name, and those will be announced in the “here’s what’s coming to Nintendo Switch and plays best on Switch 2” segment.

They could be Twitter dropped (and probably will be now I’ve jinxed it) but it’s just weird that Nintendo really aren’t committing to anything after Peach so far.

I still expect a standard Mini to drop the TTYDHD release date and Princess Peach demo, since this is likely their last chance before Switch 2 sucks all the oxygen out of the room.

Nintendo can't be arsed to make even a Direct Mini with the Splatoon and Sailor Peach stuff from yesterday and today, and some really think Nintendo would move this "we do it because we have to"-Showcase because of a Xbox podcast?

Not even a live stream, or event, a podcast.

Please.

That’s a nice way of saying you want to watch the Fami world burn.

4zaRZG.gif

what is even happening now?! i’m having FOMO from missing literally nothing at this point 😭
okay here’s the shortest possible version

• usually nintendo has a direct in the second week of February
  • they did not this year
  • reliable rumours coming from multiple sources pointed to a Partner Direct on Thursday
  • no announcement has been made yet, so either it’s a shadowdrop (which would be a Mini) or it’s not happening
  • last night Grubb said on his Nintendo podcast that NOA was feelin‘ some kinda way about having their thing the same day as Microsoft‘s Business Update podcast thing, so it might have gotten postponed

Speaking on the Xbox stuff, I personally think Xbox isn't showing up in the Direct. They were planning this "strategy update" for late Feb/March before leaks forced their hand, and I imagine they wanted to talk about HFR, Pentiment, etc on their own terms. Combine that with the content of the Direct almost assuredly being locked in before this month even started and it's hard to believe.

Nintendo can't be arsed to make even a Direct Mini with the Splatoon and Sailor Peach stuff from yesterday and today, and some really think Nintendo would move this "we do it because we have to"-Showcase because of a Xbox podcast?

Not even a live stream, or event, a podcast.

Please.
I think the method of how Xbox is disseminating their potentially huge news is irrelevant. It’s probably a “podcast” because it’s not a huge marketing hype-creation event, it’s going to be an hour-plus conversation discussing the future of the Xbox business. Might as well be an investor conference call that they’re letting non-investors listen to.

But still it’s going to be huge news that eats up headlines for that day. It might be a “contractual obligation” direct but it’s still a marketing event and they’re going to want as much undivided attention as they can get on it.

I think it makes total sense.

okay here’s the shortest possible version

• usually nintendo has a direct in the second week of February
  • they did not this year
  • reliable rumours coming from multiple sources pointed to a Partner Direct on Thursday
  • no announcement has been made yet, so either it’s a shadowdrop (which would be a Mini) or it’s not happening
  • last night Grubb said on his Nintendo podcast that NOA was feelin‘ some kinda way about having their thing the same day as Microsoft‘s Business Update podcast thing, so it might have gotten postponed
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo doesn't want to lose the news cycle to whatever Microsoft is gonna say tomorrow. Could be a delay until Friday, or until next week.

Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo doesn't want to lose the news cycle to whatever Microsoft is gonna say tomorrow. Could be a delay until Friday, or until next week.
It still could shadowdrop tomorrow. I could see the “we don’t want to overlap the Xbox news” thing being a primarily NOA concern, but Kyoto responding with “that’s not our problem” and telling them to put out the video anyway. We’ll have to wait and see.

I mean, Nintendo didn't care back when the Queen died and they wanted to show TotK. (Okay, they cared in the UK, for a day.)

And that really dominated news.

I had pretty much accepted a Partner Showcase when Nate said so, but I was hoping it would at least be announced beforehand because now we have a triple expectation reduction - it's a mini, it's a partner showcase and it's not important enough to be announced in advance...

I mean, Nintendo didn't care back when the Queen died and they wanted to show TotK. (Okay, they cared in the UK, for a day.)

And that really dominated news.
Nintendo Direct headlines aren’t going to be mainstream news, they’re going to be headlines on video game websites, the same place Xbox-related headlines are going to be.

They delayed the UK TOTK trailer because that’s where they were revealing the title was “Tears of the Kingdom” which was maybe a little close to home for a country with “Kingdom” in the name that might have a nation-wide reason to cry at that time lmao

This is just speculation here, but I think it's the opposite. IMO it's the Xbox podcast that is intentionally close to the Partners.
Microsoft might announce there one of their games (Sea of Thieves or Pentiment) and want to immediately address the situation out of fear of backlash.

Nintendo delaying the Direct because they don't want to overlap with a presentation another company just announced last week is pure fanfiction and one that is made without much thought.

How long to do you think it takes to make a Nintendo Direct, even a Partner Showcase? Weeks likely and they are probably finished well in advance. What if their demos or shadowdrops scheduled to happen with the Direct? You going to delay those too? What would Nintendo tell all of the third parties are who are relying on the Direct for their marketing? "Sorry guys, we are moving the Direct back because Xbox is having a podcast. Please change all of your marketing plans and materials accordingly". Yeah, that doesn't happen. It only happens when events occur that are way bigger than videogames.

We are in the most chaotic scenario LOL!
Also this make me think that the Switch 2 reveal is really really early March, like, the first full week of March. And not Just a teaser like Switch, but a full event.

I'm guessing 11 pages of nothing then? I saw something about Peach getting dated for March 22nd, but I can't recall if we knew about that before today
we've known the date since I think September; people are talking about it again because it got a trailer revealing some more outfits

I feel like a shadow drop suggest a smaller partner showcase.. either way a Switch 2 reveal in March is looking more and more likely with each passing day ahhhh

Nintendo delaying the Direct because they don't want to overlap with a presentation another company just announced last week is pure fanfiction and one that is made without much thought.

How long to do you think it takes to make a Nintendo Direct, even a Partner Showcase? Weeks likely and they are probably finished well in advance. What if their demos or shadowdrops scheduled to happen with the Direct? You going to delay those too? What would Nintendo tell all of the third parties are who are relying on the Direct for their marketing? "Sorry guys, we are moving the Direct back because Xbox is having a podcast. Please change all of your marketing plans and materials accordingly". Yeah, that doesn't happen. It only happens when events occur that are way bigger than videogames.
This.

These are planned out pretty far in advance, and once they set a date and start getting things ready it's probably really hard to change. You run the risk of just one little thing or branch accidentally posting early and then it screws up the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom