• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's gonna be a pretty sleepy week I'd say

at this point we'll all just be twiddling our thumbs waiting for xbox to formally declare itself dead and nintendo to informally declare the switch dead

sort of a honk schoo mimimimimi type speculation season but still much more interesting than I expected lol

Oh are you assuming when he says "next" he is saying the next one to release? It seems pretty clear that he's referring to the next new DK game to be announced in a direct considering it's in relation to debunking a fake leak.

Honestly, I could see them dropping the "Country" title if it's developed in-house and they want to represent a new start for the franchise.

When a Direct starts with a FE for a third time.

ntj_8OxmFYdIsLbmwjPQBfW1XKfqFYlZcRzVpDy7aXw.png

Someone had to say it.
I hated Engage, but Genealogy rocks. If the rumors are true, I’ll be hype as hell.

at this point we'll all just be twiddling our thumbs waiting for xbox to formally declare itself dead and nintendo to informally declare the switch dead

sort of a honk schoo mimimimimi type speculation season but still much more interesting than I expected lol
I am still on copium Nintendo Switch 2 in 2027, 10 year long dynasty

If both DK and Prime 4 are here DK ends the show and Prime 4 is in the middle. I can see its segment being one of those "so, what did you think? This next game is one fans have been waiting a long time to see, we're excited to finally show it" or something to that effect.

FE4 remake opens the show.
I can’t even imagine the rating we’ll give this Direct here when, after hoping for Prime 4 and a new Donkey Kong, all we’ll finally get is Prime 2+3 HD and Donkey Kong Country Returns HD.

I'm taken aback so many people think Nintendo is gonna reveal the new DK game here, for Switch, with a marketing trajectory that will overlap heavily with and be largely overshadowed by Switch 2's. Whether that means people think it won't be for the Switch 2, or they think it will be cross-gen, but that they'd use the impact of its reveal here instead of in tandem with the new console's marketing push.

Especially given how future-facing their DK plans are, how sporadic DK games are, and how this is, ostensibly, to set a new path for the IP. I imagine having it accompany the console which is also future-facing, is also new, and is mere months away is less short-sighted than the console whose time in the limelight is as many months away from ending.

I'm taken aback so many people think Nintendo is gonna reveal the new DK game here, for Switch, with a marketing trajectory that will overlap heavily with and be largely overshadowed by Switch 2's. Whether that means people think it won't be for the Switch 2, or they think it will be cross-gen, but that they'd use the impact of its reveal here instead of in tandem with the new console's marketing push.

Especially given how future-facing their DK plans are, how sporadic DK games are, and how this is, ostensibly, to set a new path for the IP. I imagine having it accompany the console which is also future-facing, is also new, and is mere months away is less short-sighted than the console whose time in the limelight is as many months away from ending.
Honestly, I agree here. I don't think it makes sense to drop a new DK game for Switch 1 right before Switch 2 unless the game isn't substantial.

Oh, this Direct, the last Direct of the Switch era, will tick all boxes, just to be sure that we got the memo. FE opener, new haircut, fighter pass 3, Square Enix farming sim, you name it.

You know, this is what happens when patterns are broken; we get funny and exciting times

Why are people speculating on the Switch version of Hi-Fi Rush being scrapped?? Didn't the rumor specifically say PS5 and Switch versions are being announced this month? And also there's the Switch themed t-shirt from the data mine.

Why are people speculating on the Switch version of Hi-Fi Rush being scrapped?? Didn't the rumor specifically say PS5 and Switch versions are being announced this month? And also there's the Switch themed t-shirt from the data mine.
Because of NateTheHate:

Also lolilolailo did warn us awhile back.

b87932fd0314d2aa9199c0a6c67e73cb.png

We're only 16 pages away from catching up to the Switch 2 Speculation thread. And still have about a week until the Direct is here... WE CAN DO THIS, FAMI!

imma do some big stretching here real quick

so MSFT is scrapping the Switch (1) version of Hi-Fi Rush

but they’re also going to talk about their multiplatform plans next week

Also Nintendo has a presentation next week

…..

soooooooo Switch 2 reveal next week??????????????

We're only 16 pages away from catching up to the Switch 2 Speculation thread. And still have about a week until the Direct is here... WE CAN DO THIS, FAMI!
We just need one (1) insider to cast doubt on next week and it'll throw the entire thread into disarray.

imma do some big stretching here real quick

so MSFT is scrapping the Switch (1) version of Hi-Fi Rush

but they’re also going to talk about their multiplatform plans next week

Also Nintendo has a presentation next week

…..

soooooooo Switch 2 reveal next week??????????????
Not a mini, not a general. A Surprise Motherfucker Direct.

the fact that people can so easily count the number of times Fire Emblems have opened Directs is proof that that number isn't high enough

there should be at least one in every Direct, sometimes more to mix things up(for example a surprise Fire Emblem "opener" at the start of a headlines batch in addition to the one at the start of the Direct)

the fact that people can so easily count the number of times Fire Emblems have opened Directs is proof that that number isn't high enough

there should be at least one in every Direct, sometimes more to mix things up(for example a surprise Fire Emblem "opener" at the start of a headlines batch in addition to the one at the start of the Direct)
i literally screamed fuck you at my screen

I haven't been as active in this thread as I wanted to be so I'm not up to date with all of the thread jokes. Just making sure:

We all* agree that the Switch 2 is getting announced/revealed in March, no?

I imagine the leaks will be coming pretty soon, and if so, I will have to dip out of this thread.

This means that Helga Pataki may be coming out sooner than she normally does.

We’re barely 1,000 posts behind from overtaking the Switch 2 ST in posts which launched nearly 2.5 months ahead of us. I think we can pass them even with less than ten days left. Let’s keep our energy going :)

What are your Direct wishlists now that we know the date?
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake
  • Part-time UFO x Boxboy crossover
  • Mina the Hollower, AntonBlast, and Team Asano crop up
Do you remember when Direct ended on Splatoon 3 and not a single person knew about it
The fun thing is, with Switch 2 coming, we could and should get more announcements like this, for games which are further away from launch, aren't as well known outside the company, and which are probably announced a little earlier either to drive sales or push up recruitment interest.

One of the most traumatic moments of my life was when Byleth closed the first Smash Fighter pass. Every time Fire Emblem opens a direct, a part of me dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom