• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in for next week, then. Bummer that patterns failed, but I guess the universe can’t pass up the opportunity to collectively melt down the entire gaming world with Xbox bomb and Chibi Robo revival in the same week.

Xbox and Nintendo next week. The truth is the bomb drop is Phil Spenceris the host of next weeks Nintendo Direct!

You joke, but i could legit see Spencer leaving MS by the end of this month.

All the MS stuff that's happening, or rather being rumor talked about, goes directly against his vision for Xbox going forward.

It's not going to be Phil Spencer hosting the next Nintendo Direct.

It's going to be Doug Bowser hosting the next Xbox Showcase.

Why do you think that? Having played the game, I feel like it will be pretty popular.
It’s an extremely archaic game mechanics wise and it’s a huge departure from the series gameplaywise, The reason for why i’m hyped for it is because it’s an unmarketable game that probably couldn’t exist now, that’s why i’m super interested in seeing what they’re going to do with it both with the remake and with the marketing for the game,

Well, they might hold back Prime 4 for the Switch 2 announcement (while mention it will be cross-gen), so for the final Switch 1 Direct (which should've been the September 2023 to begin with), i could definitely see a sizzle-reel ending.

Well, they might hold back Prime 4 for the Switch 2 announcement (while mention it will be cross-gen), so for the final Switch 1 Direct (which should've been the September 2023 to begin with), i could definitely see a sizzle-reel ending.
I think it’ll end with the new DK game. No prime 4 until Switch 2. They want the game marketed as a Switch 2 game and of course they’ll say it’s coming to Switch 1

Nintendo has done online research, and have come to a brilliant conclusion:

They are releasing their own Donkey Kong 64 Randomizer.

They could show Kid Icarus Uprising HD for 40 minutes in a 40 minute direct and it'll still be a great direct.

Do it Nintendo.
Imagine Sakurai making a surprise appearance to talk about KIU HD. It would be absolutely fantastic. Now imagine the very negative reactions of a noisy small part of the Smash community because Sakurai had to talk to them. I’m tired in advance.

I really hope we finally get TP/WW HD in the direct.
I think it’s possible and I’m impatient, but I also think that seeing them in 4K would be a plus for the trailer of the next console. We will see.

Yes. Imagine they announce a next Gen Pokemon game with the next switch
I hope not. They have enough to announce like that, I think. Giving Gen 10 as much time as possible should be a priority for them after what happened with Gen 9.

We will probably have a remake and/or spin off centered on gen 5.

Donkey kong doesn’t exist, stop gaslighting people, we’re opening with fe4 remake and closing with tomodachi life 2.

There is a difference between a New Donkey Kong and Metroid Prime 4.

Metroid prime 4 has been announced, developed and promised for Switch. In fact, it's still on the list of upcoming Swtich games.

release-schedule-February-2024.png

Donkey Kong doesn't exist. Nintendo can easily wait for Switch 2 to announce it. Cross-gen, or not.

There is a difference between a New Donkey Kong and Metroid Prime 4.

Metroid prime 4 has been announced, developed and promised for Switch. In fact, it's still on the list of upcoming Swtich games.

release-schedule-February-2024.png

Donkey Kong doesn't exist. Nintendo can easily wait for Switch 2 to announce it. Cross-gen, or not.
But that doesn’t mean much. Paper Mario didn’t exist and it was announced and here we are still waiting for a game rebooted 5 years ago. Just because a game is listed there doesn’t mean it’s coming before unknown games.

But that doesn’t mean much. Paper Mario didn’t exist and it was announced and here we are still waiting for a game rebooted 5 years ago. Just because a game is listed there doesn’t mean it’s coming before unknown games.

I'm just saying that of these two games, one has a better chance.

If Metroid Prime 4 is ready to be shown, I don't see Nintendo waiting for Switch 2 ;)

hahaha origami king would be applicable here too

metroid prime has been tba for a long fucking time

The last announcement is probably Koizumi getting a new haircut, directly from a barber inside Nintnedo Headquarters and that barber in fact is Furukawa.

We saw MP4 in the first Switch direct and we may see it again in the last Switch direct. If they told me this in 2017 I would have laughed like a psychopath

Last edited:
hahaha origami king would be applicable here too

metroid prime has been tba for a long fucking time
Hell we could list lots and lots games announced and released since Metroid Prime 4 was tba lol. Those FY earnings list of games I don’t pay attention too. It’s just what Nintendo has told you currently. Next week they could announce Prime 4 is cancelled and coming to Switch 2, even though the week before they showed it was still coming to Switch 1.

Do you remember when they killed PROJECT GIANT ROBOT, they just fucking killed it. It was listed in the documents up until January 2017 as TBA. Some may say it became the Labo thing but they in fact killed it.

When asked why the game had been scrapped, Nintendo told Polygon, “we made this decision after considering our overall product and development strategy.”

ProjectGiantRobot.0.jpg

Do you remember when they killed PROJECT GIANT ROBOT, they just fucking killed it. It was listed in the documents up until January 2017 as TBA. Some may say it became the Labo thing but they in fact killed it.

ProjectGiantRobot.0.jpg
Sometimes I legit think you’re a Nintendo employee or a former employee. How the hell you have so many Nintendo photos ready to go lmao

When asked why the game had been scrapped, Nintendo told Polygon, “we made this decision after considering our overall product and development strategy.”

ProjectGiantRobot.0.jpg

“Struggling Nintendo is best nintendo”

I'm at a point where I want them to show the Prime 4 trailer and afterwads Takahashi and or Sakamoto to appear out of nowhere and tell people that they took measures to prevent it running on Switch 2 at all, just out of pure spite :LOL:

It’s an extremely archaic game mechanics wise and it’s a huge departure from the series gameplaywise, The reason for why i’m hyped for it is because it’s an unmarketable game that probably couldn’t exist now, that’s why i’m super interested in seeing what they’re going to do with it both with the remake and with the marketing for the game,
Oh, I assume the gameplay will be revamped in a major way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom