• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only played Metroid Prime Trilogy. I heard the GC version was harder. The boss battles in Prime 2 are my favorite of the series.
Boost and Spider Guardians were brutal on GC, the latter especially without spring ball. I was pretty alarmed at how much easier it was on Trilogy (I didn't know about the shifted difficulties until much later)

It pogs me up and bewilders me at once. MPR just looks ridiculously good, like those visuals shouldn't even be possible on the Switch, and certainly not alongside that flawless 60 FPS performance.
MPR is why the whole "MP4 needs to be saved for 2witch" baffles me so. Retro works some serious magic and there is not one iota of doubt in my mind that they'll make MP4 a miracle of visuals and performance on Switch, regardless of a potentially more ambitious scale.

dk-donkey.gif

554.gif

zippo having real sources at one point doesn't surprise me at all. frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he had some unreliable connections right now, but he's definitely fallen off hard as of late.
I still have no idea how he got legit info on Wonder of all things. His Sonic stuff is so obviously fake and/or piggybacking it circles right back around to being funny.

I still have no idea how he got legit info on Wonder of all things. His Sonic stuff is so obviously fake and/or piggybacking it circles right back around to being funny.
What exactly did he say about wonder?

If it was either after Pyoro's leak, or vague crap like "will look like a huge improvement over the wiiu game" give the man a cookie I guess.

Can we make zippo like Voldemort? Like saying his name is a banable offense, and he must be referred to as “the one who shall not be named”

He did actually get Sonic Origins and the S3K music situation right. I mean, anyone well-versed in that situation could make a prediction like that at any point over the years but his was actually in close proximity to the reveal. And yeah, I have no idea how he managed to get the Wonder Direct right. That actually baffles me, unless he knows someone at youtube or something.

We need to lower our expectations a bit. There's still a chance it's just 40 minutes of farming sims.
I thought last September direct was decent but was hard to watch through with all the farming/rpg games lol. I think this Direct will be a regular solid direct assuming they got many of those games out of the way lol.

What exactly did he say about wonder?

If it was either after Pyoro's leak, or vague crap like "will look like a huge improvement over the wiiu game" give the man a cookie I guess.
On second thought, he might have just gotten colossally lucky. I know Emily said he might have good sources seemingly based on his Wonder stuff, but reading his Wonder posts, they're all that vague crap you were talking about. Stuff like "Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad will be playable," "it'll feature a different art style that won't be what you expect" and "it won't have the New Super Mario Bros. branding," all of which probably could have been guessed if we're being real. EDIT: He even said that Foreman Spike would be coming back, which... LOL. LMAO, even. How'd that work out for you, buddy?

he got some of the sonic stuff right, got zero Mario stuff right
Completely untrue. He predicted the release of an upcoming 2D Mario game over a year before it came out, said it would drop the New title, and claimed that you could play as Luigi, Peach, and Toad. He did claim it would be a totally new art style which was false but that’s still a good prediction

Lol zippo says the most obvious stuff. Dude had nothing to say until Pyoro leaked a “SNES remake” was coming before the June direct.

Next thing you know zippo puts an article up how Chrono Trigger is being remade for switch (and of course that was wrong). Don’t fall for his stuff geez. 2D Mario I’ve been saying the same stuff he’s said for years. That doesn’t make me an insider. It was obvious the “New” series was done.

Completely untrue. He predicted the release of an upcoming 2D Mario game over a year before it came out, said it would drop the New title, and claimed that you could play as Luigi, Peach, and Toad. He did claim it would be a totally new art style which was false but that’s still a good prediction
ain't nothing special about predicting a new 2d Mario when we've been speculating it's existence for....over a year I'd say now.

Here comes the Zippo defense force disrupting the process!!!

ain't nothing special about predicting a new 2d Mario when we've been speculating it's existence for....over a year I'd say now.
Getting the New detail right as well as the multiple characters isn’t nothing. Also I argued with numerous people on Reddit who claimed a new game couldn’t possibly be coming since Pikmin 4 was coming out and was done by the 2D Mario team

Zippo called us all collectively a gay slur once. Fuck Zippo. I can't wait for the day where I never read his name mentioned ever again.

People here have been predicting a 2D Mario for a long time, and it's easy to think they would abandon NSMB's branding after driving it into to the ground. Also lol at the leaked characters list, he literally just restated 3D World's roster (not to mention that 3/4ths of it are mainstays for mainline games with MP). If he mentioned Daisy and Yoshi, I would've given him credit, but what he's "leaking" is identical to informed speculation.

People here have been predicting a 2D Mario for a long time, and it's easy to think they would abandon NSMB's branding after driving it into to the ground. Also lol at the leaked characters list, he literally just restated 3D World's roster. If he mentioned Daisy and Yoshi, I would've given him credit, but what he's "leaking" is identical to informed speculation.
3D worlds roster had never been seen in a 2D game since Mario 2. And it wasn’t easy to think they would abandon NSMB, that’s just hindsight bias

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.jpg

People here have been predicting a 2D Mario for a long time, and it's easy to think they would abandon NSMB's branding after driving it into to the ground. Also lol at the leaked characters list, he literally just restated 3D World's roster (not to mention that 3/4ths of it are mainstays for mainline games with MP). If he mentioned Daisy and Yoshi, I would've given him credit, but what he's "leaking" is identical to informed speculation.

True, most of us did. It was kind of a given with this...

Note how he did not say you could play as Daisy, which would have actually been an unusual thing to have predicted. Toad and Luigi being playable in 2D Mario games is hardly new, and Peach has precedent in both SMB2 and also 3D World on the 3D side of things

Note how he did not say you could play as Daisy, which would have actually been an unusual thing to have predicted. Toad and Luigi being playable in 2D Mario games is hardly new, and Peach has precedent in both SMB2 and also 3D World on the 3D side of things
Peach tho

Also, he didn’t say those would be the only playable characters

Real talk: assuming we do see Echoes (and Corruption?) Remastered next week, I wouldn't actually mind MP4 potentially being absent from yet another Direct.

Consider this: MP2 Remastered by itself (with nothing else Metroid related appearing in the Direct) would create the impression that Nintendo is "counting to four", or at least building toward the inevitable conclusion of MP4's release, even if they end up skipping MP3 for the remaster treatment (which I hope they don't, but is still worth acknowledging as a possibility).

Would anyone have reasonable cause for concern about MP4 during a year in which two phenomenal Metroid remasters released, clearly building up to the game we've been waiting for? I legit wouldn't be able to find it in myself to be disappointed. I've mentioned before on here how I'm cool with waiting even longer for Metroid Prime 4, if it means getting these remasters in the meantime. The Process prevails either way, just like it did back in February. Just like it did back when Metroid Dread released after a 19 year wait. These things are literally part of our lore. Luminous things have happened since we've all been part of this community. Fami is like Metroid's good luck charm, in a way!

It's possible that this Direct will be the one, but it's also possible that it won't. Let's promise not to become mega malders if MP4 needs just a bit more time before it's ready to be shown off, okay? Patience is key. Lots of it. Drink water, be thankful for the victories, and don't dwell too much on the losses. #TTP
it will be very disapointing if Metroid Prime 2/3 is just a simple HD port/remaster

Real talk: assuming we do see Echoes (and Corruption?) Remastered next week, I wouldn't actually mind MP4 potentially being absent from yet another Direct.

Consider this: MP2 Remastered by itself (with nothing else Metroid related appearing in the Direct) would create the impression that Nintendo is "counting to four", or at least building toward the inevitable conclusion of MP4's release, even if they end up skipping MP3 for the remaster treatment (which I hope they don't, but is still worth acknowledging as a possibility).

Would anyone have reasonable cause for concern about MP4 during a year in which two phenomenal Metroid remasters released, clearly building up to the game we've been waiting for? I legit wouldn't be able to find it in myself to be disappointed. I've mentioned before on here how I'm cool with waiting even longer for Metroid Prime 4, if it means getting these remasters in the meantime. The Process prevails either way, just like it did back in February. Just like it did back when Metroid Dread released after a 19 year wait. These things are literally part of our lore. Luminous things have happened since we've all been part of this community. Fami is like Metroid's good luck charm, in a way!

It's possible that this Direct will be the one, but it's also possible that it won't. Let's promise not to become mega malders if MP4 needs just a bit more time before it's ready to be shown off, okay? Patience is key. Lots of it. Drink water, be thankful for the victories, and don't dwell too much on the losses. #TTP

Yeah. It would be extremely weird to just skip over 3 from a story perspective. 3 us way more integral to the overall plot than 2. But I also don't think Nintendo cares about people getting "caught up" with the story. They also just do weird stuff like this sometimes, like with Galxy 2 being absent from the HD collection.

Jeff Grub did hint at Prime 2 being shown soon, but he's been wrong in the past, at least in terms of timing. Nate seems hesitant to comment on 2 and 3 other than the fact that they exist (or existed?) due to it being so difficult to predict timing on certain things. What's also interesting is the unknown about whether 2 & 3 will be given the royal treatment or something lesser. There has been conflicting information over the years, so we'll see.

I do think it would make a lot of sense for Prime 4 to show up next week, and be dated for a February or March release, about a year after Prime R, which was held back for a reason. It just seems logical. But, I can't EXPECT it any more.

For over 6 years now Prime 4 has been this mysterious, troubled, enigmatic entity that only exists in the very depths of the collective consciousness of Metroid fans throughout the galaxy. It is the very essence of The Process itself. Time doesn't exist linearly. In some ways we are all already playing the game together. But in the reality we perceive now we are not. This is also the essence of The Process. But just knowing this makes me content, and I am happy to wait until the stars align. Very soon the time will come, very soon!

This is incredibly easy. Most of us were guessing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom