• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be very disapointing if Metroid Prime 2/3 is just a simple HD port/remaster
if 2 and 3 get full remasters like 1 idk what i'll do. this would be the biggest announcement of the year for me easily. im a prime 2 diehard but in 100% expecting prime 2 + 3 like the pikmin ports.

it will be very disapointing if Metroid Prime 2/3 is just a simple HD port/remaster

It is what has been hinted at. It would've taken quite some time to give these two titles a similar treatment as Metroid Prime Remastered. We're nearing the end of the Switch's life cycle, so I can see the reasoning. Yeah, it is kinda disappointing. But still, it is better than not getting the games I think.

This just got me thinking, what characters are already in the Marioverse that could be repurposed into a Peach villain (like how Magikoopas existed already and then they made Kamek), and suddenly I thought it'd be the perfect role to be filled by Wart. Leave Bowser to Mario and give Peach another royal to fight against! The more I think about it the more I love the idea!!

Wart being the antagonist of the new Peach game would be fantastic, considering Super Mario Bros. 2 was the first game she was ever playable in. It would be perfect! Now I'm going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.
Of course, I love this idea. It'd also be a nice "play against type" by having a Princess go after the Froggo because he's being naughty, instead of kissing him because he's a prince.

I barely know who Zippo is so my opinion is mostly neutral on all this but like most self-proclaimed leakers if they're posting about stuff I want to happen then naturally:
5de.jpg

It is what has been hinted at. It would've taken quite some time to give these two titles a similar treatment as Metroid Prime Remastered. We're nearing the end of the Switch's life cycle, so I can see the reasoning. Yeah, it is kinda disappointing. But still, it is better than not getting the games I think.
all the Metroid Prime games share the same engine, can Retro Studios or the developers responsible for a Metroid Prime 2/3 remastered use Metroid Prime Remastered engine, for easy development

He did actually get Sonic Origins and the S3K music situation right. I mean, anyone well-versed in that situation could make a prediction like that at any point over the years but his was actually in close proximity to the reveal. And yeah, I have no idea how he managed to get the Wonder Direct right. That actually baffles me, unless he knows someone at youtube or something.
I'm gonna assume one of the people who Yeah!ed this is actually zippo

Edit:
Personally I think we should all apologize to Zippo and thank him for continuing to post leaks even when we said horrible things about him
okay nevermind

Personally I think we should all apologize to Zippo and thank him for continuing to post leaks even when we said horrible things about him
I sure loved it when the Mario Kart DLC Wave 5 was DK-themed and when Frisk was Challenger Pack 11. I also loved the 2D Modern Sonic Rush game we just got revealed. Thank you, Zippo, for your incredible, incredible leaks.

How Zippo got the Wonder Direct date accurate is that someone told him the embargo for Wonder ended on the 29th, which led him to say there would be a direct then, and that didn't end up happening. We didn't get a Direct focused on "Gamecube games". Who told him that? I don't know. But his track record is incredibly sloppy, and he should be ignored. Also, he isn't that good of a person.

The Mario Wonder Direct was also relatively easy to guess. Press outlets were at Nintendo NYC and another insider indicated that it was for Wonder. A new trailer was inevitable after that and it had to happen soon after the preview. The game is also playable at the Nintendo Live event going on right now.

all the Metroid Prime games share the same engine, can Retro Studios or the developers responsible for a Metroid Prime 2/3 remastered use Metroid Prime Remastered engine, for easy development

Sharing similar engines helps of course, but all those additional reworked assests (I believe mostly created by outsourced companies) would take up a significant amount of time. Especially with two completely different titles, sharing very little in common in that respect.

Lol zippo says the most obvious stuff. Dude had nothing to say until Pyoro leaked a “SNES remake” was coming before the June direct.

Next thing you know zippo puts an article up how Chrono Trigger is being remade for switch (and of course that was wrong). Don’t fall for his stuff geez. 2D Mario I’ve been saying the same stuff he’s said for years. That doesn’t make me an insider. It was obvious the “New” series was done.
It's funny how the Chrono Trigger nonsense finally got him banned as a source on Reddit.

Like, how do you not make the obvious connection that it would be SMRPG?

Personally I think we should all apologize to Dring and thank him for continuing to post Mario C-team even when we said horrible things about him

he actually hates Chrono Trigger
You have a bad source there buddy 🤣

Hokay so

I typed all this up a while back due to an influx of users in the Hardware Thread who didn't know the zippo history. Not tryina further derail but people here who may sincerely not know what our issue is can clicky the spoiler tag:

In addition to what others pointed out, he developed a tendency to use his blog to trash talk this community back when it was a part of ResetERA, and continued trashing us once Famiboards was created. He tends to take arrogant victory laps around those who doubt his claims when stuff happens that could be seen as lining up with his guesses, and he tends to piggyback off of other people like Nate or Emily and then will write up blog posts insisting that actually he got that info waaaaay before they did, etc.

And one of the most surprising things I saw him do was when a DK thread was started here on Fami and people in the thread were discussing stuff about potential new DK games, he went on an angry tirade on his blog, even naming specific Fami users from that thread and cussing them out for stuff they were saying about upcoming or cancelled DK games simply because what they were saying didn't line up with the DK stuff he had already "leaked," acting like by talking about what they heard they were somehow usurping his authority or something.

So regardless of what he may or may not have known in the past, or what he may or may not have gotten "right" with his guesses and piggybacks, the dude has it out for this community and actively attacks us when he sees a chance. He is not a good source for leaks and just generally not a good internet personality, full stop.

That's why I tend to dish whenever he's brought up. I hate coming across like I'm dogpiling or something, but I feel like a lot of people only know about him because his "leaks" get picked up by the gaming press, and have no idea the kind of trash he's thrown around, including at us.

HI PYORO, PLEASE TELL YOUR UNCLE TO BREAK DK FROM HIS PRISON IN THE NINTENDO OF JAPAN HEADCORDERS

You have a bad source there buddy 🤣

Hokay so

I typed all this up a while back due to an influx of users in the Hardware Thread who didn't know the zippo history. Not tryina further derail but people here who may sincerely not know what our issue is can clicky the spoiler tag:

In addition to what others pointed out, he developed a tendency to use his blog to trash talk this community back when it was a part of ResetERA, and continued trashing us once Famiboards was created. He tends to take arrogant victory laps around those who doubt his claims when stuff happens that could be seen as lining up with his guesses, and he tends to piggyback off of other people like Nate or Emily and then will write up blog posts insisting that actually he got that info waaaaay before they did, etc.

And one of the most surprising things I saw him do was when a DK thread was started here on Fami and people in the thread were discussing stuff about potential new DK games, he went on an angry tirade on his blog, even naming specific Fami users from that thread and cussing them out for stuff they were saying about upcoming or cancelled DK games simply because what they were saying didn't line up with the DK stuff he had already "leaked," acting like by talking about what they heard they were somehow usurping his authority or something.

So regardless of what he may or may not have known in the past, or what he may or may not have gotten "right" with his guesses and piggybacks, the dude has it out for this community and actively attacks us when he sees a chance. He is not a good source for leaks and just generally not a good internet personality, full stop.

That's why I tend to dish whenever he's brought up. I hate coming across like I'm dogpiling or something, but I feel like a lot of people only know about him because his "leaks" get picked up by the gaming press, and have no idea the kind of trash he's thrown around, including at us.
Thanks, didn't know this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom