• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Metroid fans: will Metroid Prime be in tomorrow's Direct? Do you trust the process?

Do you trust the process?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
It's almost time! I can feel it. Prayer warriors, now is when we call upon you.

metroid-metroid-prime.gif

BraveSecondKissingbug-size_restricted.gif

It's gotta be. It's just gotta be.

RIP to my friends if it is though. I will not shut up about it if we see it.

Prime 4 I don't know. But Prime HD? I think it's time.
However, I can't see Prime HD being shown without Prime 4 being shown at the same Direct. So I can only hope, just like I do with every single Direct.

trust the process.

do your research -- the clues are there.

next drop tomorrow 4 cst bbq

I'm on the fence. Feels like Nintendo might be clearing the way for TotK, so they might limit announcements/reveals like this, vs dropping stuff like Advance Wars. If Prime 1R exists, it feels like a late summer or fall type release for this year, which would leave me inclined to believe they announce it in their "E3" direct. Similar to how Dread was announced and released. Quick hype build up to release. They'll probably mention or tease MP4 whenever MP1R is revealed, but I don't think MP4 is coming till the 2nd half of 2024.

As much as I would like to believe, my vote is no, we will not see a single ounce of Metroid tomorrow.

However, I think we will at the next major Direct. I think there, Metroid Prime HD will be announced for a holiday release, and Metroid Prime 4 will be shown alongside it for a 2024 release.

In the Direct thread, I made an avatar bet. If I'm right that there's no Metroid tomorrow, I keep my current avatar, but if I'm wrong and there is Metroid tomorrow, I have to change it to this:

5LH6Lf6.png

I'm really kinda hoping it's not. There's plenty of good stuff coming, and I just really think that Metroid Prime (both remake and 4) are perfect showcases for Drake.

To wait all this time for a Metroid Prime remake only to get something potentially running at sub 1080p would be a massive disappointment. Graphics and IQ really matter to Metroid Prime games. I have been hoping for something on the level of Bluepoint's remaster of Shadow of the Colossus, but I don't think docked Switch can deliver that.

But aside from what I hope, I also don't think we'll see either of them anyway.

For a point in Team Yes's favor though, I think Nintendo is very aware that it's been four years since we've gotten a solid update on Metroid Prime 4 and that fans are eager to see something. Continuing to stay radio silent on it might not be a good look for the project, so they might be obligated to give us an update sooner rather than later.

I wish but no. And when it does happen, I have this weird sinking feeling both Prime HD and Prime 4 will be more cartoonyish. See: Samus' face from Prime 1 to Prime 2 and beyond. I just don't trust Nintendo to make a very realistic sci-fi game.

I wish but no. And when it does happen, I have this weird sinking feeling both Prime HD and Prime 4 will be more cartoonyish. See: Samus' face from Prime 1 to Prime 2 and beyond. I just don't trust Nintendo to make a very realistic sci-fi game.
"Cartoony" isn't the word I'd use to describe Samus's face in Prime 2 and 3, personally. I'd say it's definitely an aesthetic step down from her look at the end of Prime 1, but that's more attributable to the fact that Retro was clearly aiming to translate her Zero Mission look into 3D, and that... didn't work out super well, at least in Prime 2's case.

Outside of that, Prime 1-3 are all aesthetically cohesive, with Prime 3 being one of the sharpest "realistic" looking games on the Wii. Nothing cartoony about it. I'm not too worried about them suddenly changing up the general art direction.

I choose to Believe, like Baltimore.

It's time. Even if Tears of the Kingdom is an evergreen, you're going to need more to help round out the rest of your calendar year and the end of your fiscal one.

Prime remastered by November 2023, Prime 4 by March 2024. That's how I see it.

You vs. the Metroid she tells you not to worry about:
I love how Metroid Prime has a humanoid face and blue "visor", btw, foreshadowing the mirror of Samus that she would become in the subsequent two games. That's some cool visual design right there.

The lore!

I think we will see Prime 4 (maybe another teaser?) since it and Advance Wars were listed as TBA at the sales meeting earlier today. I don't think we'll see Prime remake/remasrers ever.

I personally wouldn't go that far. It's all about that synergy between Prime Remaster and Prime 4, imo.

I mean... That is exactly why it would be a bad sign?

So let's assume some form of Metroid Prime remake exists that Nintendo wants to release before Prime 4 for some reason.

To not harm the sales of either, I assume that Prime 1 comes out 9-12 months before Prime 4.

Now, Nintendo usually shows most of their non-Pokemon releases for a given year in the first general Direct of the year.

So if Prime 1 is not here... It's probably not releasing in 2023.

And if it exists and is not releasing until 2024 or later... And if Prime 4 isn't coming out until 9-12 months after that...

I mean... That is exactly why it would be a bad sign?

So let's assume some form of Metroid Prime remake exists that Nintendo wants to release before Prime 4 for some reason.

To not harm the sales of either, I assume that Prime 1 comes out 9-12 months before Prime 4.

Now, Nintendo usually shows most of their non-Pokemon releases for a given year in the first general Direct of the year.

So if Prime 1 is not here... It's probably not releasing in 2023.

And if it exists and is not releasing until 2024 or later... And if Prime 4 isn't coming out until 9-12 months after that...
I hear ya, but E3 2021 was a pretty recent, HUGE deviation from that "February must show the bulk of the year's releases" pattern. Obviously E3 is kaput this year for Nintendo, but a Summer Direct could slot in and accomplish the same task. I get your concern, though. I personally don't see Prime 4 releasing past holiday 2024.

No because I can’t comprehend a direct with both Metroid prime and Zelda, after so many where I was wishing for both and got neither

I keep going back and forth on this, but I’m going to go with yes. I feel like the biggest thing this Direct should do is show there are games to be excited about after Zelda and so you have to show Metroid even if it is farther away than we might want. I’m currently leaning toward Metroid Prime Remake is April - June and Metroid Prime 4 is November - March.

Metroid Prime: Federation Farming Force will be announced (apologies for all the joke Farming game ideas today, however if Nintendo steal any of them we will all know what happened) - but I err on the side of no just because their analytics tell them Metroid games sell best after 20 year gaps between games.

the pope himself could come inside my house and tell me its 100% going to happen i would only believe if i saw it lol. Still 100% happening doe

Metroid Premake will finally show its face, with a collector edition, and I will purchase immediately

I suppose they don’t have to show it at this specific direct. They could show it during one later in the year. But if we don’t see prime 4 this year, just shut retro studios down and save us from this misery.

Back
Top Bottom